LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The E911 CAD system will show the location of the 911 caller's phone. It tells nothing about Shane's phone. And even if it did -- let's say Shane had called 911 -- the 911 system would show where the phone was at the time the call was made. It would provide no information about where his phone "pinged" once the call ended. That's the information the family needs.

Well maybe its time to file a complaint with the LA department of Internal Affairs. To me holding back those pings is negligence and misconduct with a missing persons case. I know they say as an adult he had the right to walk away, but this isn't that kind of case. This man was in a serious car accident, and the extent of his internal injuries are unknown.

There was a case in 2007 in Washington state. I mentioned it before in my long post. Tanya Rider she went off the road into a ravine, and her husband had to go through so much red tape for them to finally ping her cell phone and found her still alive but barely a week later. Had they done something sooner she wouldn't have been hanging upside down injured for so long. Had they waited any longer she most likely would have died.

I can't help but think of Shane when I hear about them having his pinging location for 5 days after the accident. He was also in a car accident and if he did die of internal injuries near by, it may even have taken days, Shane sitting somewhere dying because they kept those pings to themselves is a very sad thought to me. I hope it isn't so.

I don't want to point fingers or call out cover up when it comes to the LE down there, but the ping records are not the only information they are keeping tight lipped right? They also have only released cuts of the 911 call, they don't seem to have released all the witnesses names, or the 11 cars that came through there around the time of the accident. They havent released his phone records with the list of his incoming and outgoing calls. Some of the information they put out is misleading. Such as the JPSO missing persons report, Stating the accident was at any intersection is false. It was between Klein and Marrero. thats how it should read IMO. Them messing up one letter W in the crash report when it should have been an E, Contradicting their own narration. The Picture they released to Unexplained of the windshield bashed in was misleading. The spider webbing of the glass happened but the hole was not there till later. The passengers side window was kicked out by a Vol. Fire fighter? Wouldn't standard procedure be to check the doors first. or peek in and see if there is even someone inside. To just come up and kick a window out seems weird even if they are trying to rescue you. Maybe not covering anything up but incompetent. They may just be trying to cover up how incompetent they are, not that they did anything or know what happened to Shane.

Again maybe time for internal affairs to look into the cops handling the case, Or is it the FBI that would investigate the cops?

You can't really rule out anything in this case,

However, all accounts say this was a one-car, (Shane's car) accident. Oh anything to get a transcript of Shane and Brett's phone conversations!! Do we know for sure that Brett said to Shane, "You are going to get arrested for a DUI?" We seemingly know that Shane was not drunk, but he still could have had a buzz on him.

Could LE had believed that Brett was coming to help aide and abet Shane escape from the law, rather than assist a crash victim? I think this is a critical thing. You might have had some "Rambo Robocop" at the site think, "Oh, I'm gonna nail this kid for DUI and look like a hero in the department for doing that."

Shane may have been intimidated by someone or several someone's with LE and it COULD be that a fight (physical, verbal, or both) existed between LE and he. With Brett's words of "You're gonna get arrested" ringing in Shane's ears, maybe he COULDN'T wait for him, because Shane felt that LE was "out to get him." So he ran away and is afraid to come home.

But what puts a dent in that theory is why go into hiding for three years? A potential DUI is serious, but to leave and not be seen for three years is really mystifying. Unless Shane tragically passed away from injuries from the crash, or LE took him into custody for a DUI, and he passed away in the patrol car. And they have to cover this up to save their own skin. They could have dumped his body someplace and the someone in LE, or several someone's swore each other to secrecy. That could be why LE is inaccurate with the published reports, won't release the phone records, and won't help the family beyond the basics, if at all.

IMO, it seems that LE does not want the Fells to find out the truth about what happened to Shane, because a cover up is involved.

Satch

Kenny,

Thanks so much for being here as always and assisting with Shane's case! A question that I have if you can share from memory, or if you are able to talk to Brett about his phone conversations with Shane. Other than Brett's concern over Shane getting arrested for a DUI, (Is that part of their conversation, accurate?) What else did they talk about in their conversations? It seems that there was at least three minutes of dialogue between Shane and Brett.

We need an UNEDITED, UNCENSORED copy of the telephone calls' transcript. It would really help, because a lot can be said in a three minute time frame. Thanks again!

Satch

Statistically,

How many traffic accidents and/or fatalities have been reported at "Dead Man's Curve?" This has probably been mentioned before, but it would be interesting to study. Am I correct that no safety improvements to "Dead Man's Curve" have occurred since Shane's accident?

Satch

The caller states in the 911 call that there is a car turned over on the river rd. the 911 Dispatch said barataria blvd. from what was pinged. the address on klein was where the phone I think is registered too. Or the man was driving when he made the call and it first pinged from barataria and then switched as he drove towards the other tower?

I REALLY WANT TO KNOW IF THIS MAN GOT OUT OF HIS CAR? Did any of the Pipe Yard employees see his car stop?

Although 249 Klein is the tower, in that same JPSO line entry they have the correct coordinates from the crash (presumably where the caller was at the time). Still doesn't explain why the initial entry line is the location of River Rd / Barateria.

A few years ago I was caught in a freak blizzard on a mountain road .. sliding backwards and couldn't see whether there was a 2 ft drop-off beside me or 2000 ft. I had an old analog cell phone in the car, no air time on it .. plugged it into the car charger, dialled 911 and VOILA !! I had no clue where I was other than the name of the highway, but the dispatcher said to me "hang on, we know exactly where you are". Sure enough, a tow truck arrived within 10 minutes and hauled my butt back into town.

ETA: Okay, I see y'all were way ahead of me in that convo, but it was a good story, weren't it? :biggrin:

Statistically,

How many traffic accidents and/or fatalities have been reported at "Dead Man's Curve?" This has probably been mentioned before, but it would be interesting to study. Am I correct that no safety improvements to "Dead Man's Curve" have occurred since Shane's accident?

Satch

I was at the wreck site yesterday...shooting some video...and nothing has been done but digging the ditch deeper...They need to fill it in and put more reflectors up along with more signsRiver Road 2015.jpg

Statistically,

Satch

I would like to find out also....I will contact somebody in Gov.Office this week....I know of 6 with in the first month that Shane had his wreck...I was driving down that area one evening and just when we got to the curve two guys in a truck drove right in the ditch....MY WIFE WAS HORRIFIED...Luck no one was hurt

Kenny, do you have any idea where the front left quarter panel went ?

This case is driving me crazy. Just wondering if Shane had any talents like carpentry or played music to keep a lookout in those areas if he did in fact decide to disappear. I doubt it tho. My best theory is someone stopped and offered to supposedly help or he flagged someone down to get out of there and he got into the wrong car.

After seeing some things I missed, I have to agree; as you, I hope I'm wrong.

In the sticky thread ((the one with all the media etc)) on this case, the very first newscast indicating family was out looking for SF, the lady newscaster says, Jefferson Parish Sherrif's office offered no comments on this case which blew my mind.....

Driver front fender or drivers quarter panel....

this is amazing.....it's on the car on the flatbed photo.....but yet I do recall seeing it on the ground at the accident site...

Sillybilly did an amazing recap on the other page, if any of you haven't seen it:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246595&page=2

I woke up at 3 this morning with the thought of the missing insurance id card and keys blaring in my head. Actually, what was really screaming at me was what was NOT mentioned. The presence of the vehicle registration is never addressed in any report.

LE could have run his plate and gotten every piece of information available on his registration for the official report, so just because they seemed to have access to the information doesn't neccesarily mean they actually had it in their hands. I find all of this so perplexing.

What is the first thing you do when you are about to get out of your car? You take your keys out.

What is the first thing you do when you are about approach an officer after being in an accident? You gather your license, registration and proof of insurance.

I'm not saying those documents ever went into LE's hands from Shane's hands, but to me, it's definitely food for thought.

In photos of the car at the crash site, you can see papers on the roof of the car, like they landed there upon impact. It's just odd to me that all of that was so easy for my untrained eyes to see, and yet in ALL that mess of papers (and no evidence of any on the ground, I might add) LE couldn't find an insurance id card when they went to look.

It just seems so strange to me that every, single thing Shane would have had on his person to present to an officer seems to have vanished with him.

Good catch! Take a look at the video in post #126 of this thread and stop it around 33" that's the frame that got my attention ... there are shots on that video that show more ((including the quarter panel on the ground)) maybe that's where you got your clues Lots of frames there in that video to freeze and look at -- there's one with a lot of ''stuff'' strewn on the ground - almost looks like clothing etc. Hard to tell if that came from his car or not or if it was just ground litter given that it is an ''industrial neighborhood''

This case is driving me crazy. Just wondering if Shane had any talents like carpentry or played music to keep a lookout in those areas if he did in fact decide to disappear. I doubt it tho. My best theory is someone stopped and offered to supposedly help or he flagged someone down to get out of there and he got into the wrong car.

I am wondering if someone drove him ''out of town''.....

Ok......totally different angle.....all you techies....what IF Brett's cell records could show where SF's call originated -- is that possible? BF could ask his cell provider right?? Is this even possible?

Right after the accident scene determination that SF was not there I am guessing family was busily trying to reach hm....wouldn''t their phones register the pings too?

Everyday I am reminded of how much I don't know.

The photos are very interesting...
Anyone know what it takes to get a court order to release the cell phone data?
How long does a cold case stay open?
Can the family request to close the case?
What if they decide to declare death before the 7 year period?
TIA

However,

As possible as that is, why would he leave Brett and family looking for him at the crash site? I think someone forced him away from the crash site, or Shane, being in a much worse state than he or Brett thought, walked away and vanished.

Note that the speculation is, how far could an injured body go without help, before the aftermath of an accident's injuries take effect? That we can only speculate, because we don't know how badly Shane was injured.

Satch

Driver front fender or drivers quarter panel....

I don't know the difference. I am asking about the part right above the left front wheel well that goes from the front headlight to the driver's side door.

It is there in the pic that you just posted of the car on the flat bed trailer, but

It is there in the muddy pic where it's sitting in the yard

It is NOT there in first set of pics you posted where it's is in the wood-fenced yard and shows the fully opened hole in the windshield.

This is the big piece that is missing:

First pic taken after the wreck it's there, second pic taken later, it's gone.

Plus, in the pic taken after the wreck, the hood does not look as banged up (but could be it's not as obvious due to the mud)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member