LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. Some people do have extra insurance id cards in their wallets, but Louisiana law says proof of insurance must be in the vehicle at all times. Of course, that's assuming he was following the law, but most everyone I know keeps their proof with their registration in the glove box.

don't know how to include juli99's post with yours but both are valid...

As Juli99 pointed out some folks keep those papers on their 'person' as opposed to glove box, console etc. Car jackers, thieves and other riff raff prevented from getting your personal information that way.

Ok......totally different angle.....all you techies....what IF Brett's cell records could show where SF's call originated -- is that possible? BF could ask his cell provider right?? Is this even possible?

Right after the accident scene determination that SF was not there I am guessing family was busily trying to reach hm....wouldn''t their phones register the pings too?

Everyday I am reminded of how much I don't know.

This is not possible. The only identifiers BF's cell phone will catch is who owns that particular npa/nxx exchange.

So is the JPSO the only source for the "single car crash"?

Something else I apparently missed, this was posted early in the thread:

http://www.nola.com/traffic/index.ssf/2011/06/marrero_man_still_missing_afte.html

ETA: Also found this where Brett states Shane was involved in a "single car accident".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp_GqxC2_SY

General interest ... ^^ JPSO spokesperson Dyess and JPSO spokesperson John Fortunato and JPSO Sheriff Newell Normand play themselves in one/some of the Steven Seagal Lawman episodes:

https://www.google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q="larry+dyess"+"steven+seagal"

This is not possible. The only identifiers BF's cell phone will catch is who owns that particular npa/nxx exchange.

thanks!! I just had to ask -- turning this puzzle around and looking at all the angles to see if there was anything that was overlooked.

This is the big piece that is missing:

First pic taken after the wreck it's there, second pic taken later, it's gone.

Plus, in the pic taken after the wreck, the hood does not look as banged up (but could be it's not as obvious due to the mud)

You have to understand...Shane's car went to Jake's towing...Then it went to the JPSO WAREHOUSE...Were myself and Brett went to see it...JPSO didn't know i went to the wrecker yard on Saturday...I took pics of the car at the warehouse and was asked why was i doing that...I told them FOR MY RECORDS...Then it back to Jake's wrecker yard for more time...Then they released it to the family....The pic of the car all clean up that BIO used was by a family members auto shop...

Then they released it to the family....The pic of the car all clean up that BIO used was by a family members auto shop...
<rsbm>

Thanks for that Kenny.

So if I'm understanding this right, the missing part was removed for the Biography episode? If so, was the windshield also broken further for the episode?

<rsbm>

Thanks for that Kenny.

So if I'm understanding this right, the missing part was removed for the Biography episode? If so, was the windshield also broken further for the episode?

I can't tell you who did what...I can tell you it didn't look like that in my pics......

However,

As possible as that is, why would he leave Brett and family looking for him at the crash site? I think someone forced him away from the crash site, or Shane, being in a much worse state than he or Brett thought, walked away and vanished.

Note that the speculation is, how far could an injured body go without help, before the aftermath of an accident's injuries take effect? That we can only speculate, because we don't know how badly Shane was injured.

Satch

Because he didn't want to go to jail for dwi. I think too that perhaps once he ran it just kept getting deeper and deeper and he couldn't surface at any point or he would face the consequences. Do I think he would do that to his family NO but who knows what was going thru his head? Then or now for that matter. Just a speculation of course .

I often wonder how homeless people end up on the streets, u just never know what their story is.

Could someone please tell me what the sentence is if found guilty of a DUI in Louisiana?

ETA: Found the answer at the following link:

http://dui.drivinglaws.org/la.php

Nobody disconnects 100% from loved ones for 3 years and disappears off the face of the earth for that. Geez, with the suggestions that he was trying to avoid a DUI, I thought he was facing 20 years or something ! (Mind you, 4th offence is up to 30 years??)

That's what I don't get.
I'm a chick and had a dui in 2005. I was 40. Went to jail. You just take it.
Unless you have more under your belt.

Ok.. here is my late night literal interpretation.. what if during the time between leaving the bar and getting in the accident, he went to pick up something that would have gotten him more jail time. I think that would have been reason enough to leave the scene, but certainly not reason to stay away for three years.

That's what I don't get.
I'm a chick and had a dui in 2005. I was 40. Went to jail. You just take it.
Unless you have more under your belt.

Because he didn't want to go to jail for dwi. I think too that perhaps once he ran it just kept getting deeper and deeper and he couldn't surface at any point or he would face the consequences. Do I think he would do that to his family NO but who knows what was going thru his head? Then or now for that matter. Just a speculation of course .

I often wonder how homeless people end up on the streets, u just never know what their story is.

This makes a lot of sense,

Kenny, what was known about Shane's driving record at the time of the crash? Had Shane gotten a DUI in the past? Regardless, it's horrible that based on the evidence, LE likely treated Shane as a DUI accident perpetrator, and NOT an injured crash victim who needed medical attention and help.

Any LE "consequences" are certainly moot now. Shane needs to come home to his family and friends! All of you are doing such an awesome job!

Satch

Kenny, what was known about Shane's driving record at the time of the crash? Had Shane gotten a DUI in the past? Regardless, it's horrible that based on the evidence, LE likely treated Shane as a DUI accident perpetrator, and NOT an injured crash victim who needed medical attention and help.

Any LE "consequences" are certainly moot now. Shane needs to come home to his family and friends! All of you are doing such an awesome job!

Satch

He may have been horrified of the possible embarrassment (MOO) and I agree with your comments BBM.

Satch

We was told by someone with JPSO that Shane had wreck his car and walked before and thats why they didn't start looking right away......That was a BIG FAT LIE......He had a RED LIGHT TICKET & STOP SIGN TICKET...THATS IT

Satch

Yes...how could LE state alcohol was a contributing factor to the accident if he didn't blow the breathalyzer or have blood work done? Even if Brett admitted Shane was drinking, wouldn't that be hearsay???

We was told by someone with JPSO that Shane had wreck his car and walked before and thats why they didn't start looking right away......That was a BIG FAT LIE......He had a RED LIGHT TICKET & STOP SIGN TICKET...THATS IT

I hear you Kenny.

Perhaps if they were recent tickets and were unpaid that might have spooked Shane a bit - is that possible?

As far as the unfounded allegations that he had done something similar before, I wonder if that was a case of mistaken identity. Had he ever lost his wallet or important papers from his car?

Had loaned his car to others in the past or had it stolen?

Long ago I had loaned my car to friends who (a) damaged it without telling me (b) incurred parking tickets and left them unpaid -- nice huh?

Sometimes people provide false identification during booking procedures or police stops thereby impacting the innocent.

And a few years ago, practically everyone around here had AT LEAST one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member