Lamar Odom fighting for life after overdosing at brothel

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
While I'm happy he's improving and seems to be making it.. It makes me upset because he's done drugs all his life.. He did this.. And he's alive.

My mom did none of that. Didn't smoke a day in her life and had COPD. My mom never drank or did drugs.. And SHE died at 60. Why is it possible for someone who has put drugs and god knows what else in his system for years and years is able to have a miracle recovery and my mom died?!

Sorry that was O/T but I had to vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has done damage to his organs, so who knows what kind of issues he will face down the road. If he ends up needing a transplant, I don't think he will even be eligible for it due to his drug use. Then we will see if Ks line up to be living donors for him.

"He still has a lot of problems with his internal organs. His kidneys are a big worry," the source says. "He has done a lot of damage to his body."

http://www.people.com/article/kim-kardashian-kendall-jenner-visit-lamar-odom-update

While I'm happy he's improving and seems to be making it.. It makes me upset because he's done drugs all his life.. He did this.. And he's alive.

My mom did none of that. Didn't smoke a day in her life and had COPD. My mom never drank or did drugs.. And SHE died at 60. Why is it possible for someone who has put drugs and god knows what else in his system for years and years is able to have a miracle recovery and my mom died?!

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's passing at such an early age, Katerz. I wish I had an answer for you as it sure isn't fair that she died so young. My heart goes out to you.

Someone from every piece of his life is blaming another faction for not helping him more today, for not seeing how a big, sweet kid from Christ the King High School in Queens -- who at 6-foot-11, with a Magic-like handle, was considered a New York schoolboy legend -- could descend into such an emotionally vacant place.

But what if it's not the fault of the hangers-on, the warped Kardashian fame culture or even a vice-filled brothel in the desert? What if, somewhere in the neuro cortex of a man's brain, he is constantly told his life is worse off than it really is?

Lamar Odom's eyes are open now. Here's hoping he can regain all his senses and cognitive abilities, see all the people he touched, see the people who want to genuinely know him. So that he never goes that far again to escape his pain.

http://espn.go.com/losangeles/nba/story/_/id/13894830/how-lamar-odom-hides-hurt-inside
[emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122]

Thanks. Great post.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

OT/ My condolences on the loss of your mom. It must be a crushing blow when none of the risk factors apply and it happens anyway. I cannot imagine how difficult it would be to reconcile it in your heart of hearts. But I do know life doesn't seem fair at times.

It is amazing to see Lamar is actually alive and still improving. Khloe has acted very respectful and responsible throughout this ordeal to date, imo. Lamar doesn't know it yet, but maybe someday he will appreciate the depth of love it took to stand by him after all his shenanigans. She didn't have to be there and she sure didn't have to stay. Kudos to her for caring so much and making sure his family was taken care of in this situation.

For his children and parents, his improvement is everything. Maybe the custody thing will go away and they will decide on doing the right thing. Maybe Lamar will turn out to be a better role model for his children and live up to his grandmother's high opinion. Maybe he will save other addicts from ending up on their death beds because they saw how close he came to checking out. And maybe Lamar and the people who love him will make a real difference in the world someday. I guess we shall see...

Is there a way Lamar can stop the Kardashian's from ever mentioning his name of KUWTK or leaking any details about his personal life to the media again? That would be a great start on his road to recovery IMO.

Thanks y'all for letting me have an emotional moment. Please don't take me wrong. I am so happy Lamar is improving. Yes he will have problems due to his organs but I'm happy he is able to live. Just makes me sad..

But I too hope he uses this as his wake up call.

http://www.people.com/article/khloe-kardashian-scared-concerned-lamar-odom-hospitalized

Khloe Kardashian scraed & concerned won't leave Lamar's side

Snip

"She wants to be there so that whenever he opens his eyes, he sees her," the source says.

Kardashian, 31, "is happy he is off the ventilator and is breathing on his own, but she is still scared and still concerned," a family source also tells PEOPLE. "He's woken up and his heart is stronger, but there is still concern about his organs."

Both sources confirm that Odom, 35, is no longer on a ventilator. "Things are looking brighter," the family source says.

But Odom has not been texting, the source says.

BBM

HUH??? Wth does that mean?

http://www.people.com/article/khloe-kardashian-scared-concerned-lamar-odom-hospitalized

Snip

"She wants to be there so that whenever he opens his eyes, he sees her," the source says.

Kardashian, 31, "is happy he is off the ventilator and is breathing on his own, but she is still scared and still concerned," a family source also tells PEOPLE. "He's woken up and his heart is stronger, but there is still concern about his organs."

Both sources confirm that Odom, 35, is no longer on a ventilator. "Things are looking brighter," the family source says.

BBM

Lol I'm guessing if it's anything like me ,u know when I'm I'll cuz I don't reply to anyone's texts , maybe he texts a lot but he's not texting friends yet so there basically saying he's not 100% Lamar yet

Snip

BBM

There was a media "report" that said he was awake and texting. :sos: I thought that sounded kind of strange.......

There was a media "report" that said he was awake and texting. :sos: I thought that sounded kind of strange.......

It would be easier to text if you just recently had a breathing tube removed. So texting isn't too strange. I just wish the brother loan me 250k before he decides to party heavy like that again. Lol

Just joshing around. I hope Lamar wakes up and realize that life is too short and his kids need their father. Having millions do not substitute parental responsibilities. And just because your kids are big and have money doesn't mean they don't need a father. Jmo

Not a doctor, don't play one on TV, as said before, don't watch the K show.

I am, however, stunned that Lamar Odom has made such progress. I am very happy he has *apparently* pulled through, that is fantastic.

I'm really surprised he made it, though. From everything on Jahi's thread, and others, I thought that "snoring" type breathing was a sign of the end/brain death. I honestly didn't expect him to survive.

Sooo, my question to all of you medical peeps on here, is this unusual? To come back from his described condition to talking and texting in 3 days? Could this be an exaggeration, or is it possible?

It is amazing to see Lamar is actually alive and still improving. Khloe has acted very respectful and responsible throughout this ordeal to date, imo. Lamar doesn't know it yet, but maybe someday he will appreciate the depth of love it took to stand by him after all his shenanigans. She didn't have to be there and she sure didn't have to stay. Kudos to her for caring so much and making sure his family was taken care of in this situation.

For his children and parents, his improvement is everything. Maybe the custody thing will go away and they will decide on doing the right thing. Maybe Lamar will turn out to be a better role model for his children and live up to his grandmother's high opinion. Maybe he will save other addicts from ending up on their death beds because they saw how close he came to checking out. And maybe Lamar and the people who love him will make a real difference in the world someday. I guess we shall see...

Love your post!

I think it was Khloe who texted.

"The former basketball player said 'Hey Baby' to Khloe, according to Page Six.
The 35-year-old is believed to have suffered a stroke after overdosing on drugs during a four-day bender at the brothel in Pahrump, Nevada.
In an interview with USA Today, Lamar's former coach at the University of Rhode Island Jim Harrick described the moment that Lamar came out of his coma after he heard Khloe's voice.
'She reached down and said 'you know I love you' and he kind of nodded,' said Harrick.
'Three or four days after being scared to death and fearing the worst, that is a little hope, a little progress. She texted me that (information)'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-unites-hospital-bedside.html#ixzz3oykZ3TBd

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post

I agree with one thing...it truly is a matter of opinion. From a legal standpoint, IMO, it looks like business as usual for the Kardashians and not necessarily a reflection of much else.

http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainm...clear-toxic-kardashian-clan-article-1.2401560

http://nypost.com/2015/10/18/how-the-kardashians-destroy-peoples-lives-for-reality-ratings/

Both very interesting if not a bit scathing, but then again neither of these have the kind of business relationship with the family that People magazine does.

I think it was Khloe who texted.

"The former basketball player said 'Hey Baby' to Khloe, according to Page Six.
The 35-year-old is believed to have suffered a stroke after overdosing on drugs during a four-day bender at the brothel in Pahrump, Nevada.
In an interview with USA Today, Lamar's former coach at the University of Rhode Island Jim Harrick described the moment that Lamar came out of his coma after he heard Khloe's voice.
'She reached down and said 'you know I love you' and he kind of nodded,' said Harrick.
'Three or four days after being scared to death and fearing the worst, that is a little hope, a little progress. She texted me that (information)'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-unites-hospital-bedside.html#ixzz3oykZ3TBd

I had read that Lamar was texting here. I'm sure they misunderstood.

Lamar was texting and “speaking sentences” from his hospital bed, the person told the Los Angeles Times.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-lamar-odom-updates-20151017-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post

I agree with one thing...it truly is a matter of opinion. From a legal standpoint, IMO, it looks like business as usual for the Kardashians and not necessarily a reflection of much else.

http://m.nydailynews.com/entertainm...clear-toxic-kardashian-clan-article-1.2401560

http://nypost.com/2015/10/18/how-the-kardashians-destroy-peoples-lives-for-reality-ratings/

Both very interesting if not a bit scathing, but then again neither of these have the kind of business relationship with the family that People magazine does.
Those were filled with inaccurate statements and a lot of other things I would find to be less than credible. I don't know the writers, but they have their own agenda it appears.

Since Odom fell into a coma, the Kardashian women have been by his side, yes, but even there, they continued their endless tweeting — in the guise of begging for privacy. Think about the logic in that.

There were very little texts sent out from anyone in the K Clan. Yes, they did send a blanket statement asking for privacy. They each also tweeted once to mention Lamar. Then they went on a black out on all their accounts...which for the first family of social media has never been done before.

There were other items I believe to be incorrect, but we were talking specifically about Khloe's current situation with Lamar. I still stand by what I said. I don't think this had to do with money, publicity, or anything for the show. This was heart felt and honest, imo. Not business as usual in any way.

That all being said...it doesn't mean it won't become part of the show later when everything is said and done. However, I hope they respect Lamar enough to give him the right to make that decision. I guess we shall see...

Not a doctor, don't play one on TV, as said before, don't watch the K show.

I am, however, stunned that Lamar Odom has made such progress. I am very happy he has *apparently* pulled through, that is fantastic.

I'm really surprised he made it, though. From everything on Jahi's thread, and others, I thought that "snoring" type breathing was a sign of the end/brain death. I honestly didn't expect him to survive.

Sooo, my question to all of you medical peeps on here, is this unusual? To come back from his described condition to talking and texting in 3 days? Could this be an exaggeration, or is it possible?

Not a medical peep, but Jahi was obese and in poor health. Lamar was, and probably still is, a world class athlete and even with the drugs is probably in better physical condition than 99% of the population. That's what allowed him to not only survive but recover in such a dramatic fashion.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily
Back