Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And that she isn't contesting the RO because it will be dropped... Wondering...is that why the hearing was cancelled today?

I think the thread title needs to be changed to reflect that this is a discussion of an anonymous comment on a news article - a rumor.

This thread was moved by a mod after I made it so it won't let me change the title, this is the title that it was moved to, if you know what I mean...

I don't want it to only be about the comment so that's why I didn't write it that way. I may change the title later depending on where you all lead the thread.

If they somehow got him to admit he made up the MFH plot, for whatever reason, I can't imagine, they could charge him with providing false info or tampering, etc. I guess.

I don't see why they'd have to charge the landscaper in order to drop the RO. Judges dismiss ROs all the time.

Yeah, and I don't know why you wouldn't fight for custody until the RO was dropped. It doesn't sound like this person knows what they're talking about.

Also, the restraining order wasn't just about the landscaper was it? It was also about Terri's involvement in Kyron's disappearance, right?

Yeah, and I don't know why you wouldn't fight for custody until the RO was dropped. It doesn't sound like this person knows what they're talking about.

Also, the restraining order wasn't just about the landscaper was it? It was also about Terri's involvement in Kyron's disappearance, right?

Yes there were several different reasons listed - not just the landscaper. This makes no sense to me. But... my mind is blown by Dede Spicher right now, so nothing is making sense lol.

So we've talked alot about the murder for hire "plot" and what it could possibly mean. I've given the word plot some thought, and to me it denotes planning and most likely scheming with at least one other person.

I began wondering where the phrase "murder for hire plot" came up in this case. Was it used by Kaine as an embellishment to make sure he received the requested RO, and custody of baby K?

Was it sloppy wording by a reporter?

Was there an actual plot?

I googled Kaine Horman murder for hire plot and the first thing that came up was a cbs news article. It has a LOT of VERY interesting points in it, (I highly suggest a quick read if you have the time) but the part I was looking for clarified this "plot" thing in my mind quite well.

It states in part: "The Oregonian says the landscaper told investigators Terri Horman, stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, offered him lots of money six or seven months ago to kill Kaine Horman, Kyron's father."

Here's the link: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/07/05/earlyshow/main6647973.shtml

So, for me, I'm quite satisfied (if the LS is telling the truth...) that this was more than a quick one-off "God I wish someone would just kill him already."

Is the LS telling the truth? I really don't know. It's kind of a strange story just to make up, but...people do lie. I guess I ask myself who has more of a reason to lie about this. If true, of course, it's Terri. If not true...why wouldn't she fight this, and fight to see her baby?

Unless the LS is lying there definitely was at least an attempted plot. (whether or not he accepted has never been established as far as I know. I'm sure he'll say he didn't though! *lol*)

This is a great topic for discussion. Thank you for starting it.

I think when we hear the details behind the "Murder For Hire plot", opinions in regard to Terri may well soften or harden.

If, as some think, there is nothing to this but the word of the Landscaper vs. Terri's word...that will certainly soften my opinion toward Terri's possible guilt. (barring further revelations.) No texts, no emails, no additional evidence...yes, I'd have to re-think my opinion of Terri.

Or I could be persuaded to view things differently..if there's only ONE email that says just something like, " My husband is so irritating! I'll give you a million dollars to kill him. By the way, the bushes need trimming on the left side of the house."

But I do find it hard that LE would suspend common sense on a flimsy basis or Kaine rush to leave his wife.

But if there's "sexting" and repeated angry, venomous comments about Kaine...I would probably contrast that to the email to Kaine "Okay, I love you, etc."...and think how Terri can lead such a duplicitous life. I would find find that very disturbing...even if there was not enough of a plot to charge her.

I also keep wondering about Kaine not knowing about this Landscaping "job" at his house. Did this set off alarm bells to Kaine too? Was any work actually done? Did he ever see this guy working at the house since Kaine often was home in the early afternoon?

Just because the man is a Landscaper does not mean that is how he and Terri came to know each other. How did LE find the Landscaper? What trail from Terri led to him?

Is singling out the "Murder For Hire plot" is LE throwing the public ONE SMALL PIECE to give us a reason Kaine and the Baby moved out...when there is really much more to the story?

Well, I imagine that someday these issues will be clearer.

Service Magic was the service she used to find the landscaper. Here is a link to an interview with another landscaper who was given Terri's information through the service. He tried to contact her on April 27,2010, after receiving the work lead from Service Magic.

Interestingly, in the interview, this landscaper mentions that he was contacted by LE because of his involvement with Service Magic and her name being sent to him.

http://www.kxl.com/pages/7620648.php?

Here's the original Oregonian article cited in the CBS report. Note that the information is anonymously sourced. So, to the "sources" a "plot" entails Terri approaching the landscaper and offering to pay "a large sum" of money to kill Kaine. Obviously that could play out alot of different ways, it could be a one-time unfunny joke or it could be a number of conversations, planned details and price negotiations or it could be anything in between.

Whatever it was, the fact that the sheriff thought it was necessary to run a sting and the fact that no charges have been filed even though that would have been extremely valuable leverage against Terri in the Kyron investigation, indicates that there is no solid credible evidence of solicitation to commit murder.

This bugs me to death.

Either they have evidence of a plot or they don't, and they should say so. Letting it hang in the air over her head is really creating a bias against Terri, whether deserved or not.

I can see how this LS had to be taken seriously, especially right after Kyron disappeared. LE couldn't NOT tell Kaine; what if it were for real and she had moved on to someone else to take the job? Of course they had to tell. And of course Kaine was POed - even if there were no evidence of the MFH, there apparently was evidence of her having some sort of inappropriate relationship (whether actual sex or just sexting). In the heat of that moment, I can see how there could have been some panic and...I don't want to say overreacting because that's not what I think, but let's say it seemed more urgent and frightening than it probably does today. Distance, time, hindsight, whatever.

Now that time has gone by, I think LE owes it to Terri and the general public to share at least some of what made them think it was credible. Is there a hit man who can be hired running around Portland? Is Terri dangerous? Or was this a "maybe" that didn't pan out? Has the LS turned out to be someone who collects tin foil hats?

Because if Terri really did say, "I'd give a million dollars if he'd disappear and never come back!" in a moment of frustration, that is very different than an actual "plot" IMHO, and calling it one is deceptive and manipulative.

The Oregonian says the landscaper told investigators Terri Horman, stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, offered him lots of money six or seven months ago to kill Kaine Horman, Kyron's father. *snip*

BBM

Terri offered 'lots' of money! We know that her parents remortgaged their home for her defense - wonder where the 'lots' of money was stashed?

And sorry, but to me, the word 'plot' translates into ratings and newspaper sales. :yes:
moo mho

The Oregonian says the landscaper told investigators Terri Horman, stepmother of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman, offered him lots of money six or seven months ago to kill Kaine Horman, Kyron's father. *snip*

BBM

Terri offered 'lots' of money! We know that her parents remortgaged their home for her defense - wonder where the 'lots' of money was stashed?

And sorry, but to me, the word 'plot' translates into ratings and newspaper sales. :yes:
moo mho

we don't know that at all, imo. All we know is that a mortgage lien was recently filed. And it was filed well after TH hired Houze, and well after KH's attorney filed the papers asking where the money came from. I have wondered what the actual timing of the mortgage is and whether it really is the source of her funds. I've been out of town, though, so maybe I missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic