Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporter Bailik: "I asked [the sheriff], who's in charge of the case, whether the story will help, or hurt, the search for Kyron."

Sheriff says, "I think, in a sense, it's going to help the investigation." BBM.

My question is, how?

At least he didn't say "No comment".

DHS opened a case on her 5 years ago.That is not today and I feel has nothing to do little Kyrons disappearance.

If you read the following article, she tried to have her current husband killed six months ago. That may have something to do with her current state of mind.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97767249.html

I am not saying that she had anything to do with Kyron; however, do we give her a pass just because? What about the attempted murder for hire? Does that not count?

There is something obviously wrong here!

Reporter Bailik: "I asked [the sheriff], who's in charge of the case, whether the story will help, or hurt, the search for Kyron."

Sheriff says, "I think, in a sense, it's going to help the investigation." BBM.

My question is, how?

How it helps the investigation? I don't know exactly.

I know that the public will be focused where LE is focused now. Maybe they think that's helpful.

And perhaps it's a help to the investigation that folks will stop calling in tips that have nothing to do with "the stepmom did it".

I think LE might be done with SODDI theory. If so, I hope they've run down all those "associated with the family" options. LE does say "suspects" and "persons" - the plural - in their press conferences regularly

If Terri had taken to hanging out with people she could ask to murder other people - she could have had help making Kyron dissappear.

Or try this on for size:
"While trying to find a hitman for hire for my husband, I partied with these evil people who coveted my son."

Either way, I hope they've run down these alternate scenarios with Terri by now.

It's crossed my mind...that this leak will

1) go a long way to quieting any critics and drum up support for the seemingly singular focus of this investigation...

2) eliminate confusion with regard to the huge SAR-intensive effort, followed by the choice to minimize & focus it ... and not call in volunteer groups for continued regular searches.

3) quite local concern about a child killer on the loose

4) give the school administration & the school community some breathing room on school staff suspicions and security upgrade decision making

1-3 above might "help" the investigation as far as LE is concerned.

Sadly, the breaking of this story helped me reconcile many of the outstanding questions I had. I can now count my questions on my hands. No more need for toes and a jar of jellybeans to help me count the questions...

I left for two days and I just got home.What the heck is going on in a nut shell? I have been driving since midnight last night and walked in the door 30 min ago.Can someone please help me. I can hardly see straight as it is.Thank You very much.

I left for two days and I just got home.What the heck is going on in a nut shell? I have been driving since midnight last night and walked in the door 30 min ago.Can someone please help me. I can hardly see straight as it is.Thank You very much.

About all we know is there is apparently a landscaper/lawnmower dude that told LE he was asked to do a "hit" on Kaine H. by TH......that is about it in a nutshell...nobody is talking...
Welcome back!

Personally, what DY does with her hair is of no concern to me. However, I'm hoping I can put the issue to rest!

I just watched an interview about this case on the "Today" show from this morning and it showed a clip from the first press conference (June 11th) in which all 4 parents were there (the one where Terri is hugging DY). DY had on glasses and her hair pulled back in a ponytail.

This clip showed a side view of DY walking away after the press conference was over and her hair was pulled back in a curly ponytail.

Hope this helps end the debate!

ETA: Sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this, I was just jumping off the posts about her hair from this thread.

CBS The Early Show videos from this morning:

Video: Allegations Against Terry Horman
Erica Hill spoke with criminal profiler Pat Brown about a report that missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman's stepmother hired someone to kill her husband.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6648508n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

Video: Kyron Horman's Stepmom's Dark Past
The case of missing 7-year-old Kyron Horman took a dark turn when the boy's stepmother reportedly attempted to hire someone to kill Horman's father. Ben Tracy reports.
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6648505n&tag=contentMain;contentBody

when our infant son died I hadn't taken a shower or been out of bed for three days when it was time for his memorial service my husband called my friends and told them they needed "to do something" and they did, they literally dressed me, did my hair and put my make up on, at the memorial service people kept telling my parents how good I looked and my mom said all she could think of is what I would have looked like had it not been for my friends....UNTIL we are living this mom's life I really think it's tacky and heartless to comment on her appearance.....

mchris, I'm sorry to hear about you losing your son. I don't know how long ago this happened but I truly hope there is more peace in your life now.
Thank you for sharing this about your reaction to this heartbreaking episode. It puts so much in prespective when we judge how people appear during and after a tragedy.
You are blessed to have such caring friends.
azwriter

I wonder whether Kaine's death was going to look like an accident ... or suicide ... or murder.

(now I'll catch up)

This is OT...so, sorry in advance. But I am reading a book about a true story of a case in Iowa back in 1954, when a little boy of 8 vanished. At one point a week or so later, the county had everyone search at once, up to 200,000 people, with LE and residents all searching their properties, fields, etc...
And yet a day or two after the search, the little boy's body was found by chance in a field within 4 miles of his home by some workers.
So even more than 50 years ago, seachers were missing the body right there in a field, with many more searchers than have been used in Kyron's case.
I think Kyron will be found by chance as well, and maybe not far from his home or school.

Wow... I'm having alot of trouble with this story... The property looks far from the grace of any landscaping... JMO...but I'm not buying into this story yet.... :p

Completely agree. I really worry about "small town" connections/gossip/framing and so on.

Guess we are in for some big surprises or more truths about everyone else that will not surprise. I just don't know, but get some gut reactions that do not go this far.

oh dear elle.

If someone told you Terri tried to hire a hitman to off Kaine 6 months ago or so, because she kinda liked the way this not-really-a-hitman cut a lawn, and he coyly declined, but kept silent, until recently when the propositioned hitman (also known as "uh-no-sorry-not-really-a-hitman) and an undercover wired LE visited Terri to try to get her to talk about it, and like a fox, she wouldn't, and while she was taking her LTD last Saturday, LE told Kaine his wife had tried to take a hit out on him, and that he should move himself and his daughter to safety, and so that's what Kaine did, plus he asked the press to focus on Kyron and, apparently, they all lied when they promised they'd do that, (yay free press!), and the Sherriff has no comment other than that he might have to make some decisions next week, and one of the articles about it has the uh-no-sorry-not-really-a-hitman saying Terri told him the reason Kaine should die is because Kaine cheated on her, and ... um would that make you ... see straighter?

I didnt' think so. :angel:

pour yourself a stiff drink, and start on thread 1 of 3... and enjoy.

p.s. welcome back!

Anyone think Kaine is the more likely to hire a hit man?

I do. I think he has some 'peeps' that are scared or owe up secrets.

Still yet, does he, or any one on his side of the fence have friends in local LE or even higher? Any Websleuths know that yet? I don't yet. Just pondering the obvious personalities.

oh dear elle.

If someone told you Terri tried to hire a hitman to off Kaine 6 months ago or so, because she kinda liked the way this not-really-a-hitman cut a lawn, and he coyly declined, but kept silent, until recently when the propositioned hitman (also known as "uh-no-sorry-not-really-a-hitman) and an undercover wired LE visited Terri to try to get her to talk about it, and like a fox, she wouldn't, and while she was taking her LTD last Saturday, LE told Kaine his wife had tried to take a hit out on him, and that he should move himself and his daughter to safety, and so that's what Kaine did, plus he asked the press to focus on Kyron and, apparently, they all lied when they promised they'd do that, (yay free press!), and the Sherriff has no comment other than that he might have to make some decisions next week, and one of the articles about it has the uh-no-sorry-not-really-a-hitman saying Terri told him the reason Kaine should die is because Kaine cheated on her, and ... um would that make you ... see straighter?

I didnt' think so. :angel:

pour yourself a stiff drink, and start on thread 1 of 3... and enjoy.

p.s. welcome back!

Emma, Thank You so much for the update.I did get myself a beer and I'm reading.I have been awake for so long I'm not sure I could sleep at this point.This case is causing me abject terror on so many levels.

Actually i dunno about it not seeming fair that Terri hasnt had nice make up pics and Desiree might have...but i DO know its not fair at all that Desirees child is missing and she may never see him again.

And for the record...i think Desiree has naturally curly hair and not permed anyway.

MOO

If DY looked like carp, people would be raking her over the coals for that too. I have relatives who do hair. I could imagine them being at a total loss about what to do for me if I was in a situation like that, but I can bet they would say, "Honey, come on over here and I'll give you a perm." Getting one's hair done can be a very nurturing experience. Doesn't DY deserve (and most of us assume she's innocent here) to have a break, relax and be taken care of, make small talk (or not) with the hairdresser?

I was on a jury where my fellow jurors commented on the way the defendant and his witnesses were dressed, as well as the public defender. I was all, "Excuse me, but what the heck does that have to do with whether this guy is guilty of resisting arrest, failure to obey a lawful order, and assault?!?" I should have kept my mouth shut--they elected me spokesperson. :blushing:

Anyway, I think we should be reading body language and facial expression, not clothing and hair cuts. Clothing can lie.

Does one need a landscaper/lawn guy in January if you live in that part of the US? Or was she still friendly with him from the previous summer?

Did Kaine know about the landscaper when they had him? I thought I read Terri hired him without Kaine's knowledge. Did he just now find out they even had a landscaper or did he know back then after the guy was hired?

Anyone think Kaine is the more likely to hire a hit man?

I do. I think he has some 'peeps' that are scared or owe up secrets.

Still yet, does he, or any one on his side of the fence have friends in local LE or even higher? Any Websleuths know that yet? I don't yet. Just pondering the obvious personalities.

Huh?

Kaine doesnt come across as a pyschopathic liar like Terri does. There is nothing to indicate he would hire hitmen or anything of the sort or for that matter even remotely involved in what happened to Kyron.

Kaine is a VICTIM. His son is missing probably dead and in addition to the poor guy having to face up to this he has to deal with the fact that the person most likely responsible is the woman he MARRIED. He then finds out that not only has she maybe done something to his son that she allegedly tried to hire someone to kill HIM:furious:

Does one need a landscaper/lawn guy in January if you live in that part of the US? Or was she still friendly with him from the previous summer?

There was extensive discussion about this in the previous thread. Bottom line--Western Oregon has a mild temperate climate year-round, i.e. little snow and few days with freezing temperatures. A yard guy would have plenty to do year round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove