Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'm confused as to how, over the course of 6 or 7 months, she failed at getting Kaine killed. I mean, I'm no expert at contracting a hit, but if you're willing to pay enough, I'd think you could find someone willing to do it. Plus, there are other ways of making a death look like an "accident." Basically, we're saying that she wasn't willing to do whatever it took to get rid of Kaine, but she was willing to kill Kyron? I just don't get it.

Supposing she thought that the landscaper wasn't going to do it or if she asked anyone else and they weren't willing, she might have eventually figured out that it was too risky to have Kaine killed because her reluctant hitman candidates could have revealed her plans to LE if they heard of Kaine dying.

?

There is little uncertainty about her son being sent away...or did I miss something?

Having obviously failed to take Kaine out of the picture, its hardly a stretch to suspect she went after the apple of his eye...jmo. Whether she outsourced the job; did it herself, or turned a blind eye to someone else's misguided plan who knows. Of course she's not a person of interest and could therefore not have been involved at all.

To be honest I have no idea. J may have simply decided he didnt want to live with his mother and Kaine for what ever reason.

MOO

Has anyone ever heard of a case where a person who wants their spouse killed switchs gears and goes after a child?

I think a shrink would say that would take two different types of mentalities? Or it really and truly would be a first? If she wanted Kaine gone for monetary reasons, as many here believe, why "lose" Kyron? There's no money in that, especially if his body is not found. Unless people really believe she proposed to have Kaine killed because he hurt her feelings-I guess harming Kyron would certainly do that. But I would think she would want Kaine to know it was her, i.e. if she had him killed, as in "this is from Terri, bang, bang."

The case of Stacey Castor comes to mind.

Case background:
A woman suspected of killing two husbands was charged with attempted murder Thursday after authorities said she poisoned her daughter and tried to cast suspicion on the younger woman for the two men's deaths.

Stacey Castor, 40, gave her 20-year-old daughter a tainted drink the night of Sept. 13, then typed a note to make the poisoning look like a suicide, District Attorney William Fitzpatrick said. The note included a purported confession by the daughter to the murders of the two men.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21018957/

Of course these 2 cases differ, as Stacy had a clear cut motive for trying to kill her daughter. However, I think it shows that a true sociopath will stop at nothing to get what they want and hurt whoever they need to in the process. JMO

Has anyone ever heard of a case where a person who wants their spouse killed switchs gears and goes after a child?

I think a shrink would say that would take two different types of mentalities? Or it really and truly would be a first? If she wanted Kaine gone for monetary reasons, as many here believe, why "lose" Kyron? There's no money in that, especially if his body is not found. Unless people really believe she proposed to have Kaine killed because he hurt her feelings-I guess harming Kyron would certainly do that. But I would think she would want Kaine to know it was her, i.e. if she had him killed, as in "this is from Terri, bang, bang."

I wouldn't assume she switched gears. We don't know everything yet.

Ah, heck. I've got a few 16 year olds and I've looked up the cost of military schools that board kids. FWIW, it was $35,000 a year, so to afford it, I'd have to be a white collar polygamist. (Not that I'd send my sons away, but the daydream was good while it lasted.)

If their Dad and I weren't married, I am sure my kids would have wanted to go live with their Dad many times. It's an attractive proposition not to have Mom making you do stuff you don't want to do.

In my case...it was my husband that had the kids. But i think the non custodial parent always seems the better option to the kids because the parents can spoil them in the few hours they have them and the kids think it will be like that all the time if they live with them.

MOO

It could have been that the things were a little tense at their home, what with the mother contemplating murder and whatnot, and he wanted out just for that reason. If there are serious enough issues between the parents that hitmen seem like a viable option it's very likely that the parental conflict is reflected on the children negatively. An older child might want out for that reason, or the parents might feel that they're not up to dealing with their own problems and a teenager at the same time. Or if murder is contemplated a mother might want an older child out of the way so that he has an alibi and won't be suspected.

I'm finding Terri's "Welcome to the Nuthouse" sign less and less humourous. Good lord -- I can't imagine being one of those kids. This group of characters gives a whole new meaning to "dysfunctional."

My mother is very into calling herself a crazy cat lady and she certainly is that. It's like a pre-emptive strike--"See, I already know I'm crazy so you can't say anything about it." Most people just think it's cute. ::shudder:: Not everyone who has a cutesy sign declaring their mental instability is actually such, but after this I think I'm going to take those kind of signs as warnings and back away slowly! :D

Hmmm-All this speculation that the noose is tightening around TH's neck-and the "hitman" story is part of this process.

The noose is tightening around a possible accomplice's neck with the news that TH would use money or other favors to get rid of KH. I continue to believe that someone close to the school was involved in Kyron's disappearance, possibly someone TH used an accomplice. The sheriff did say that TH possibly asked others to help her with the "hit" after she was unsuccessful with the landscaper.

I wonder if this is the other shoe to drop. Maybe the sheriff is hoping the accomplice will come forward, knowing LE is closing in on him.

Hi Wondering1,

At the end of your post you mention that Terri was upset with her son for talking to his dad about the poly.

Could you point me in that direction, 'cause I missed that!

Thanks in advance.

Howdy Wondering...

http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/

The actual quote was this:
"Tarver says when [*advertiser censored*] mentioned the polygraph to him over the phone, he heard Terri Moulton Horman begin yelling in the background to be quiet and not reveal anything more. Given the intense media scrutiny, the family agreed [*advertiser censored*] should return to Roseburg, Tarver says."

ITA...I said yesterday on another thread that it takes a different mindset to kill a spouse or to kill a child. I just don't see this piece of information as being indicative that she killed Kyron. I just don't see the thread that would link the two. (I see how it makes her out to be violent, etc....but not that she is they "type" that is a child-killer.)

Very interesting thought but I respectfully disagree. A spouse who may have planned a husband's murder might also then target his son; hatred of the male could be transferred to his offspring and heir. It seems almost an archetypal pattern, one not dependent on perceived psychological differences between an adult-killer and a child-killer.

Filicide can be thought of as a kind of parental kidnapping which seeks to punish a spouse (who, possibly in this case, one may have been unable to kill oneself).

To be honest I have no idea. J may have simply decided he didnt want to live with his mother and Kaine for what ever reason.

MOO
I agree, For The Kids,

Could be no reason or it could be a question of, what possible reason could a teenage boy have had to want to leave his mom's house? I mean, gosh, it must have been a great life! Look at the family pictures! When I hear the name Sheltered Nook it "sounds" so safe and inviting.

Sorry, but can you imagine what the three kids must have been picking up on, what with a homicidal mom (step-mom) who also had to fit in her gym time, facebook time, happy family time...poor, poor kids. Poor Kyron.

my opinions.

A woman who is capable of murdering or having the father of her child murdered does not care about the children. I can see a person like this harming a child. Just years ago she put her own flesh and blood son in danger getting behind the wheel of a car drunk. She cares about number one and that is all she cares about. I'm thinking she lost alot of attention when that baby girl was born.

Was it ever determined that Kyron's backpack was indeed at the school all day and was his lunch for that day inside?

Not in MSM. I have said that if his backpack was not left, I believe he went with a parent.

As for the lunch, some days my 7 year old brings her lunch--some days she buys it at school.

I have two questions. Firstly do they have the death penalty in Oregon? And secondly putting it nicely if you was found to be insane could you still be sentenced to death or not?

Yep and I don't think so:

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Oregon[/ame]

Not in MSM. I have said that if his backpack was not left, I believe he went with a parent.

As for the lunch, some days my 7 year old brings her lunch--some days she buys it at school.

Sorry, I deleted my original post realizing that it was not taken from MSM but apparently not fast enough for you to grab and quote it - many mornings how I wished that my 7 old year could buy his lunch at school!

?

There is little uncertainty about her son being sent away...or did I miss something?

I and several others have asked before if it states anywhere that anybody "sent J away" and I have yet to see unequivocal reliable MSM proof that this is so. Both KH and TH have been said to have sent J away and that this is proof of a need for some sort of revenge, or that one or the other of them is controlling, etc. Like I and others have said before, a teenager could go live with other parents for lots of reasons. Being "sent away" sounds harsh. Sometimes it's just better for a kid to live somewhere else.

Sorry to :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

ETA: I'm talking about when J stopping living with TH and KH several months ago (don't remember the exact timeline), not recently when apparently TH yelled at him as has been cited above. I'd send the kid away from the weirdness too, guilty or not.

yes. But no worries, he's not HIV positive anymore :::eyeroll:::

We don't know that he ever was. I haven't even seen a clear allegation from Terri that he was -- just some second-hand stuff about how she alleged meth, needles, and HIV -- could have just been claiming she was afraid of HIV because he was (she alleged) using IV drugs. And I'm not inclined to take her claims about *anything* too seriously . . .

I and several others have asked before if it states anywhere that anybody "sent J away" and I have yet to see unequivocal reliable MSM proof that this is so. Both KH and TH have been said to have sent J away and that this is proof of a need for some sort of revenge, or that one or the other of them is controlling, etc. Like I and others have said before, a teenager could go live with other parents for lots of reasons. Being "sent away" sounds harsh. Sometimes it's just better for a kid to live somewhere else.

Sorry to :eek:ther_beatingA_Dead

Source Oregon's second largest paper the Pullitzer prize winning etc etc
http://wweek.com/editorial/3634/14214/
James was a student at Lincoln High School in Portland, where he was on the swim team and played trumpet in the school band. Tarver says Terri Moulton Horman sent the boy to Roseburg in March this year because his grades were slipping and he was acting out at home.

“He and Kaine on occasion butted heads, because James is hard-headed,” Tarver says.

Thats the only MSM ref i've seen...but it struck me as compelling considering it came from the biodad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove