Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.08.17 - Day 12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

• quote_icon.png
    Originally Posted by Oreck
    Day 12 and we haven't heard much of anything pertinent that we haven't heard before.

What became evidence today. I don't think I heard anything new.

The information we heard during the opening statement is not considered evidence until it is presented in court, rather than just claimed or referenced in the Crown's statement. Today was that day for some of the key material from the opening statement, so that's important.

From the Mob Reporter on YouTube - WHAT THE JURY SAW: Laura Babcock Trial -- Photo Tour of Dellen Millard's House https://youtu.be/DRkLi9FC_8Q

An extensive photographic tour of Dellen Millard’s Toronto house was shown to the jury on Nov. 7, 2017, at the trial of Millard, 32, of Toronto, and Mark Smich, 30, of Oakville, Ont. in the murder case of Laura Babcock, a 23-year-old woman who vanished in July 2012. Det. Const. Andrew Ottay of Hamilton police was the identification officer who took dozens of photos of the 5 Maple Gate Court bungalow when police executed a search warrant at Millard's home on May 11, 2013. Ottay was in the witness box describing the various indoor and outdoor scenes that took jurors on the real estate tour. Millard and Smich have pleaded not guilty. The trial continues.

The information we heard during the opening statement is not considered evidence until it is presented in court, rather than just claimed or referenced in the Crown's statement. Today was that day for some of the key material from the opening statement, so that's important.

That's what I said, We have heard nothing new in 12 days.

From the Mob Reporter on YouTube - WHAT THE JURY SAW: Laura Babcock Trial -- Photo Tour of Dellen Millard's House https://youtu.be/DRkLi9FC_8Q

An extensive photographic tour of Dellen Millard’s Toronto house was shown to the jury on Nov. 7, 2017, at the trial of Millard, 32, of Toronto, and Mark Smich, 30, of Oakville, Ont. in the murder case of Laura Babcock, a 23-year-old woman who vanished in July 2012. Det. Const. Andrew Ottay of Hamilton police was the identification officer who took dozens of photos of the 5 Maple Gate Court bungalow when police executed a search warrant at Millard's home on May 11, 2013. Ottay was in the witness box describing the various indoor and outdoor scenes that took jurors on the real estate tour. Millard and Smich have pleaded not guilty. The trial continues.

The only place I saw a king sized mattress was in the "blue bedroom". I understand that was WM's before his death and then DM moved right in? I wonder where his bedroom was before that?

That's what I said, We have heard nothing new in 12 days.

I tend to disagree with you. We have heard snippits of texts in the Crown's opening, but today revealed more to those texts and new ones. I was definitely shocked reading those, and I am more than certain LB's parents were, as well as other WSer's.

What? We have two defendents who are both previous convicted first degree murderers. Neither is sitting in a prisoner's box or wearing any type of shackles. One is representing himself, has all the discovery at his fingertips on his laptop and wandering freely around the courtroom when it's his turn to cross, while the other is sitting at a regular desk with his legal team and typing on a laptop? Is he playing solitaire too when he gets bored?

It's not like they can get up and leave and I'm willing to bet they are not on the internet at all. There are guards/police officers in the courtroom. I doubt DM is wandering about as freely as you think he is. I'm sure he is restricted to an area of the courtroom only.

I still believe his association with Iisho was to procure weapons for the missions he was planning that did not include "getting rid of" LB. He had a dodge ram truck and a yacht on his list of wants didn't he? And he needed to make $100,000 a month to make ends meet. What was he planning to do to accomplish that? The situation with LB was something that came up when he started having problems with her and CN IMO. And the two of them were "itching" to try out an incinerator with something "wet with bones".

MOO

If only this jury "could know" what we all do. I believe we have to get them to the sentencing stage before they can connect the dots that we all have. That is the hardest part I find about this trial....trying to separate what I know from TB trial and trying to hear this trial without all that info.

It's not like they can get up and leave and I'm willing to bet they are not on the internet at all. There are guards/police officers in the courtroom. I doubt DM is wandering about as freely as you think he is. I'm sure he is restricted to an area of the courtroom only.

They aren't free to move around the courtroom at all. DM moves about a foot to the right of his chair and stands at a podium to do his cross-examinations. MS doesn't move from his seat at all. There are two police officers, one sitting just to the left of each accused. Also the tables the accused are sitting at have curtains on all sides except the side they are sitting at. This I am assuming is to hide the fact that their feet are shackled. I was sitting front row in the gallery the day I went and saw the shackles on DM's feet when we all stood up for the judge and jury.

I tend to disagree with you. We have heard snippits of texts in the Crown's opening, but today revealed more to those texts and new ones. I was definitely shocked reading those, and I am more than certain LB's parents were, as well as other WSer's.

Speaking for myself, I did find today's testimony shocking. I also found it a bit confusing because it was not always clear what the timeline was and exactly who was saying/texting what to whom. So, to some degree I don't really know where to start.

Perhaps, though, starting with CN?

Like a lot of other people, I had a strong negative reaction to CN's performance at the TB trial. But I have also thought about how young she was (not even 19 yet, I think, when she went to that medieval times birthday party and started sleeping with DM). And I've wondered why she seemed so fiercely loyal to DM.

It seems there were a few more pieces to the puzzle filled in for me today. I will have to think about what we heard today a little more, but it certainly looks like she was insecure about this relationship. And perhaps DM was "proving himself worthy" of her loyalty with his actions? I don't know. It is cringeworthy to hear the conversation about ridding themselves of "herpes" and it sounds so ominous given what we know. I don't know though, whether CN believed DM meant it literally? And if she didn't, how could she join the facebook search group for LB as if she had just no idea at all?

It's all very disturbing.

MOO

They aren't free to move around the courtroom at all. DM moves about a foot to the right of his chair and stands at a podium to do his cross-examinations. MS doesn't move from his seat at all. There are two police officers, one sitting just to the left of each accused. Also the tables the accused are sitting at have curtains on all sides except the side they are sitting at. This I am assuming is to hide the fact that their feet are shackled. I was sitting front row in the gallery the day I went and saw the shackles on DM's feet when we all stood up for the judge and jury.

Thank you for posting that. <modsnip>

I just noticed something fairly useless. The blanket in the messy Noudga bedroom appears that it may be the same blanket that is on the king bed in the Maple Gate pictures, which, less surprisingly, also seems to be the same blanket that appears in the XTina and Pedo sleeping selfie.

Day 12 and we haven't heard much of anything pertinent that we haven't heard before.
maybe... but some of what was added was enough to make me feel much more dejected going about my evening tonight. Just how far they were about to take their vileness if they might just practice on a dog.

I have to admit that I'm somewhat confused about who is saying what.

I was as well! Followed Lisa on Twitter and didn’t make much sense. The who said what was missing as were the dates . Went back and re-read the days events on Adam Carter’s tweets and it made more sense . Wish he covered everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed something fairly useless. The blanket in the messy Noudga bedroom appears that it may be the same blanket that is on the king bed in the Maple Gate pictures, which, less surprisingly, also seems to be the same blanket that appears in the XTina and Pedo sleeping selfie.

I noticed that too.

If so, presumably MB gave it to her once LE released Maple Gate. If it&#8217;s Delllens it suggests a certain state of mind - missing him, longing etc.

I hope you are right, but I didn't see much in the way of perjury of her statements from the TB trial. Circumstantially it's obvious that she knew much more than she said. It's so easy to despise CN, she has shown no empathy, and was very combative, self centered, and disgusting on the stand.

Still have some hope she is a witness. But even that is not enough without charges pending.

MOO of course

I really really hope that a medical school did not actually accept CN - she is a psychopath with no empathy or morals, not fit to be a doctor!

With the TB trial we got a "glimpse" into the lives of these monsters.

With this trial I feel dirty. I look at the pictures of that disgusting house, read vile text messages, see flippant reactions that are just NOT normal and I want to take a shower and rid myself of the filth of these people.

These texts are going to get worse and the pictures and videos are too I think.

Momma Smich isn't in court this week because this is the week her son is being shown for what he really is and not just a dupe. It's out there for everyone to see even worse so than the Tim Bosma trial. IMO that's why Momma isn't there to shake her head and roll her eyes.

Time to take my shower. :sick:

MOO

With the TB trial we got a "glimpse" into the lives of these monsters.

With this trial I feel dirty. I look at the pictures of that disgusting house, read vile text messages, see flippant reactions that are just NOT normal and I want to take a shower and rid myself of the filth of these people.

These texts are going to get worse and the pictures and videos are too I think.

Momma Smich isn't in court this week because this is the week her son is being shown for what he really is and not just a dupe. It's out there for everyone to see even worse so than the Tim Bosma trial. IMO that's why Momma isn't there to shake her head and roll her eyes.

Time to take my shower. :sick:

MOO

Agree with your comments above. What shocks me is that there are still MS "groupies" that persist in saying he was not the bad one, he just helped clean up the mess, his mom deserves respect from media, etc. What's with the blinders? They are both equally guilty.

It seems from texts shown today that in June 2012, CN and DM were breaking up. He was telling her that she was no longer his gf and they were fighting over who was cheating on who it seems. Laura seemed to be a big reason CN would argue with DM. Yet at some point after June 2012 they must have gotten back together because they were together when DM was arrested in May 2013.

So what reassured CN after the June 2012 fight/break up? Did she find out Laura was out of the picture for good? I am curious to see what their texts say after July 2012. CN joined the fb group about LB going missing. Did she text DM anything about it? I guess we will find out...

Agree with your comments above. What shocks me is that there are still MS "groupies" that persist in saying he was not the bad one, he just helped clean up the mess, his mom deserves respect from media, etc. What's with the blinders? They are both equally guilty.
Agreed 100%. His rhyme about the bones and skin and turning to ash are enough for me to know that he is every bit as twisted as DM. Not to mention all of the evidence presented at the TB trial.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member