Laura Babcock Murder Trial 11.28.17 - Day 23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a defence put forward that has crashed and burned as badly as DM's had so far.

No lawyer would ever present evidence that is going to be so thoroughly discredited because then you lose credibility with the jury on anything else that you try to tell them.

I wonder what DM has in store for us tomorrow.....

Tomorrow CN will walk through door dressed as LB the way things are going

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<modsnip>

It's like he thought that he was trying to cross-examine again and make the witness look dumb and he forgot that it was his own witness that he wanted the jury to believe..

If I were Babcock's parents I would be so mad at this guy. Even though it is likely he never did see her, the fact that he admitted to ignoring the missing person reports is a pretty awful.

I gotta say, DM is doing a decent job for someone whose "never done this before"... I can't say I could do the same. Even with all the knowledge in the world, I'd be lacking in the execution and confidence department, and DM's got that down. However, what he doesn't have is a law school education and years of experience. Dungey does... There's just going to be certain procedural elements that DM is unable to grasp. This is undoubtably hurting his fragile, narcissistic ego.
I mean, it really is as if he forgot that this witness, was HIS witness... :facepalm:

I gotta say, DM is doing a decent job for someone whose "never done this before"... I can't say I could do the same. Even with all the knowledge in the world, I'd be lacking in the execution and confidence department, and DM's got that down. However, what he doesn't have is a law school education and years of experience. Dungey does... There's just going to be certain procedural elements that DM is unable to grasp. This is undoubtably hurting is fragile, narcissistic ego.
I mean, it really is as if he forgot that this witness, was HIS witness... :facepalm:

<modsnip> DM is doing great.

If I were Babcock's parents I would be so mad at this guy. Even though it is likely he never did see her, the fact that he admitted to ignoring the missing person reports is a pretty awful.

It would be worse if he said he saw her got their hopes up only to turn out that it wasn't her. So much worse.

It would be worse if he said he saw her got their hopes up only to turn out that it wasn't her. So much worse.

You mean like testifying in a Nationally public case that he saw her and she was not only alive, but actively hiding from them? Yeah, so much worse.

Or that store could have had surveillance, the cops could have reviewed and said yes or not at that time.

I gotta say, DM is doing a decent job for someone whose "never done this before"... I can't say I could do the same. Even with all the knowledge in the world, I'd be lacking in the execution and confidence department, and DM's got that down. However, what he doesn't have is a law school education and years of experience. Dungey does... There's just going to be certain procedural elements that DM is unable to grasp. This is undoubtably hurting is fragile, narcissistic ego.

I think he was just trying to rescue his evidence back from the Crown and assumed his witness would recognize Laura in her meow video because she wasn't heavily made up and didn't have the blond "Elle Ryan" look as she did in the missing persons picture he didn't recognize. Shot himself in the foot quite effectively there. Without that I still think the jury would conclude that Laura is dead, but they would have had a significant conversation about it first. I suspect that conversation will be a much shorter one now.

You mean like testifying in a Nationally public case that he saw her and she was not only alive, but actively hiding from them? Yeah, so much worse.

Or that store could have had surveillance, the cops could have reviewed and said yes or not at that time.

<modsnip> Her parents long accepted her fate by now. Different story back then.

Who needs surveillance? This man knew her personally and saw her up close. If he says 97% it's 97%.

lol I am sure the first thing not to look up for an animal sanctuary in how to care for dead animals.

It to mention, it was a foundation sanctuary for SMALL animals, not 500lbs! At my pet shop, small animals we referred to hamsters, rabbits, chinchillas, mice etc. Cats and dogs weren’t even in this category! Sure wouldn’t need an incinerator fr small animals!

I mean, I don't think he did it to protect their feelings. He did it because he came to the conclusion all on his own that "she wasn't missing", she was just fooling them all. Kind of ignorant if you ask me.

<modsnip>DM is doing great.

I won't agree that he is doing great.

That being said though, most lawyers never see the inside of a courtroom and those that do work for years learning and perfecting their skills on relatively minor theft and assault charges. No lawyer ever starts out defending a murder charge and if you ever observe a new lawyer in Court, they are usually very nervous and tentative.

DM appears to be much more confident but running a murder trial is very stressful and being tried for murder is probably even more stressful and I'm not sure there are too many people out there that could handle both well.

I mean, I don't think he did it to protect their feelings. He did it because he came to the conclusion all on his own that "she wasn't missing", she was just fooling them all. Kind of ignorant if you ask me.

He was possibly trying to protect his son. The assault, theft, and sexual assault charges against DA had just been dropped in September of 2012 - and not because of anything LB had said or done, since she was already missing. GA might have thought that telling people he had seen LB would bring attention to his son's charges again. JMO.

That being said though, most lawyers never see the inside of a courtroom and those that do work for years learning and perfecting their skills on relatively minor theft and assault charges. No lawyer ever starts out defending a murder charge and if you ever observe a new lawyer in Court, they are usually very nervous and tentative.

DM appears to be much more confident but running a murder trial is very stressful and being tried for murder is probably even more stressful and I'm not sure there are too many people out there that could handle both well.
Plus he's really, really, tired.

Yup the man is a natural.

It to mention, it was a foundation sanctuary for SMALL animals, not 500lbs! At my pet shop, small animals we referred to hamsters, rabbits, chinchillas, mice etc. Cats and dogs weren’t even in this category! Sure wouldn’t need an incinerator fr small animals!
In veterinary circles...
Tiny stuff (guinea pigs) may be "exotics"
Cats/dogs would be "small"
Cows/pigs would be "large"

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

<modsnip> Her parents long accepted her fate by now. Different story back then.

Who needs surveillance? This man knew her personally and saw her up close. If he says 97% it's 97%.

97% of 0 credibility is still 0, and in my opinion he is not credible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee