Laura Babcock Murder Trial 12.05.17 - Closing Arguments - Day 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is you guys are writing Dell off based on the TB trial. There is a very strong chace he's innocent. You guys need to detach yourselves from the past. Hopefully the jury is not like the posters here. Every crime needs to be judged separately. Too much prejudice here.

I used to work at Billy Bishop Airport. I wish the crown had subpoenaed the airport manager to discuss the legalities of having an incinerator in a hangar filled with planes using jet fuel. It struck me today as complete bs. I hope a juror works or worked at an airport at some point.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

There may be some truth to this, but that said, if you sounded more like you were trying to help Sleuth a murder than someone sitting in the fan club it would be useful to come up with some posts on things other than snarky comebacks, it would helpful to your cause as well.
Problem is you guys are writing Dell off based on the TB trial. There is a very strong chace he's innocent. You guys need to detach yourselves from the past. Hopefully the jury is not like the posters here. Every crime needs to be judged separately. Too much prejudice here.

I used to work at Billy Bishop Airport. I wish the crown had subpoenaed the airport manager to discuss the legalities of having an incinerator in a hangar filled with planes using jet fuel. It struck me today as complete bs. I hope a juror works or worked at an airport at some point.

That is great point.

hmmmm...didn't DM call it an auto shop today??

It's ok if the propane is stored next to the gun powder.

P.S. Don't try at home

There may be some truth to this, but that said, if you sounded more like you were trying to help Sleuth a murder than someone sitting in the fan club it would be useful to come up with some posts on things other than snarky comebacks, it would helpful to your cause as well.

Am i not allowed to be impressed by a guy playing lawyer and doing a great job? Is subjectivity a taboo here?

I wish you guys put the bias aside and gave Dell credit. He did GREAT. First time ever acting as a lawyer? At your own murder trial nevertheless? I wish you guys had the privilege to see him in person. He was outstanding! But giving Dell any credit here is like discussing how great your new mink fur is at a PETA forum...

everyone is entitled to their opinion - Mine, I think that his closing arguments where satisfactory, I think that his lawyering skills throughout the trial were inexperienced, trivial and any half way decent 1st year paralegal could've ran circles around his bizarre tactics. I honestly, was expecting something a bit better from the Crown and hope to hear it tomorrow b/c this piece of **** killed her and it would be a grave injustice to not have proper justice for Laura, her family and friends.

Also, we aren't on the Jury. We are allowed to examine all the crimes in it's entirety. We don't have to detach anything.

With that being said, even if I was on the Jury, and had to detach this trail from the last, or this crime from the others, there's still enough evidence to convict. M1 from me, hands down.

First post...long time lurker. Thanks to those posting tweets!! I really liked reading the CanLii documents during the Bosma trial but I can't seem to find any relating to this trial? There was one but it disappeared. Am I looking in the right place and there aren't any? Thanks!

It is hard not to think about the TB trial for those of us who followed that trial closely. Especially since we know the true purpose of the incinerator.

Having said that, I still think there is enough evidence here to convict DM of M1 on the Babcock trial, independent of the TB trial. I think when the Crown closes their case they will tie it together nicely for the jury. And although I agree with you that DM is a smooth talker, he did himself no favours by playing lawyer, as he made himself look like an extreme a-hole, narcissist and a sociopath. I don't think he won any sympathy from the jury. He also slipped up a lot along the way, making mistakes that did not help his case (and in some instances they hurt his defence).

He provided no evidence to suggest that the incinerator was purchased for a legitimate business opportunity. He admitted LB was dead, he implied that LB was in his car when her phone died, he lost credibility in his own witness by showing him a video of LB in which the witness said he didn't think it was LB. He failed to prove that the bones in the incinerator may have been animal bones. He talked about acquiring an illegal firearm and illegal bullets and smuggling them across the border.

As soon as the crown comes out for their closing arguments, they will poke holes in everything DM said today and they will show how some of his claims are ludicrous. Not that he had much to work with. There is overwhelming evidence against him.

He made a good effort to play lawyer, but he would have been much better off with a professional lawyer instead of going up and spending 75% of his time bragging about his past life of cars, girls and drugs.

The part where he was complaining about CN not testifying makes no sense. He wrote the letter, what can she add to it.

She sunk you DM. Your goose was cooked the second those letters were found. You were worried about drug trafficking charges? Perhaps you should bring up some evidence to support this in any way during the trial.

"This is talk, this isn't action," Millard says.

Millard points out we didn't hear from Noudga at this trial. "She was available as a witness, but she wasn't called. There is an absence of evidence. She didn't come here to explain these text messages."

by Shannon Martin 12:44 PM
Just catching up. Why didn't he call her then as a witness?

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
1m1 minute ago
This is me and Jennifer, #Millard says. Judge says that hasn't been proven in evidence. Millard will look for it. The photo was taken in the old Toronto hangar, giving some context to the date it was taken. Also a photo of a red jeep he bought for Jennifer.

Lisa Hepfner‏ @HefCHCHNews
now7 seconds ago
Millard paid for things for many friends. Bought Shane Schlatman half a car. He didn't do these things for Christina Noudga, "and yet the crown goes to you and says Christina's frustration with Laura is somehow motive for murder." #Millard says
I'm sure Jen is pleased to be dragged through this. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

First post...long time lurker. Thanks to those posting tweets!! I really liked reading the CanLii documents during the Bosma trial but I can't seem to find any relating to this trial? There was one but it disappeared. Am I looking in the right place and there aren't any? Thanks!

Welcome Monger :welcome:

To my knowledge, there are no documents relating to this trial that have been posted on CanLii other than the ones during the pre trial hearings regarding DM's attempt at pleading poverty and applying for legal aid. There is also information regarding his attempts to delay this trial and sever himself from MS as a co accused.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member