LE Serves Warrant on Family Home #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2s92ik3.png

This is what I observed while watching the live video. They took the roll carpet and took it to the back of the house. What they did with it after that is a total mystery as the live shots quit shortly after this.

It appears the carpet was in storage someplace in back? Maybe it was remnant carpeting from inside the house. I suppose they unrolled it to make sure there wasn't a little body hidden inside it.

Jumping off here, I suspect the dog did not hit on the carpet in the parents bedroom, but like others have said, on something else on the floor. Comforter? Cars blanket? Glowbug toy? The warrant didn't specifically say carpet.

JI's self control reminds me of a guy I knew years ago. All the guy would eat was cheeseburgers and fries. That's it, nothing else.

JI's self-control, discipline......his entire demeanor... reminds me of a guy i knew years ago, too. that guy even bought a house at 19. he also had serious rage issues and ended up in jail for beating his gf to a pulp. she will never fully recover from the last one. i knew both parties.

they were always involved in some drama or another but like many, i assumed the gf, an extrovert and a heavy drinker, was responsible for it. i can't explain it very well, but she actually did things to shift any negative focus off of him, onto her. in court, the guy was described as "quiet, composed, and loyal to a fault." she was attacked as a "liar with a drinking problem."

at the time, i was finishing up an internship at a domestic violence shelter. i felt horrible for having missed what i now know were huge red flags.

looks can be deceiving.

it troubles me that so many seem to believe JI is under DB's "spell," and that the only explanation for his standing by her must be either extreme shock or denial. i believe it is entirely possible that JI is coming across as the weaker of the two parties because JI wants to come across that way.

the question would then become, why?

JI's self-control, discipline......his entire demeanor... reminds me of a guy i knew years ago, too. that guy even bought a house at 19. he also had serious rage issues and ended up in jail for beating his gf to a pulp. she will never fully recover from the last one. i knew both parties.

they were always involved in some drama or another but like many, i assumed the gf, an extrovert and a heavy drinker, was responsible for it. i can't explain it very well, but she actually did things to shift any negative focus off of him, onto her. in court, the guy was described as "quiet, composed, and loyal to a fault." she was attacked as a "liar with a drinking problem."

at the time, i was finishing up an internship at a domestic violence shelter. i felt horrible for having missed what i now know were huge red flags.

looks can be deceiving.

it troubles me that so many seem to believe JI is under DB's "spell," and that the only explanation for his standing by her must be either extreme shock or denial. i believe it is entirely possible that JI is coming across as the weaker of the two parties because JI wants to come across that way.

the question would then become, why?
ITA. I guess when you work with enough domestic violence victims you start to see things in a different way.
She may be under his spell, rather then the other way around. MOO

The word carpet is not mentioned in the search warrant. I believe we incorrectly assumed it had to be on the carpet which was on the floor.

It's confusing, because the warrant says the dog hit on an area of the floor by the bed. Well, from what I understand, the room is carpeted. It didn't look like wall to wall carpet, so I wonder if there's an inch or two of bare floor near the head of the bed, and that's where the dog hit.

Also, what are the facts about the rolled up carpet? Short says it came from the shed. Is it a fact that CSI did not take it for evidence?

This is what I observed while watching the live video. They took the roll carpet and took it to the back of the house. What they did with it after that is a total mystery as the live shots quit shortly after this.

So they took it out of the house, and brought it to the back of the house?

So they took it out of the house, and brought it to the back of the house?

All I remember seeing, CSI carried a roll of carpet down the driveway towards the street from the back somewhere, roll it out, roll it back up, then carry it back up the driveway from which they came. I didn't watch every minute so I can't attest to anything else about a rolled carpet.

Attorney Short stated the rolled carpet was from the shed. I don't know if the rolled carpet we've seen and the one the attorney talked about are the same carpet.

"The carpet that was paraded in and out that we were allowed to see actually came from the shed at the back of the house, and it was not inside the house at all. There is no carpeting that was removed from any portion of the house. And although that search was described as the search that was supposedly going to be invasive, I was concerned for the family that I would go in and see their home destroyed...in fact there is thankfully no destruction," said Short.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15788106...senting-parents-discusses-latest-developments

Paraded? As in the way these attorneys are now parading themselves before the cameras? Surely this attorney is capable of figuring out that the dog hit on items on the floor and that's why the items such as blankets and clothes were seized and not the carpet. I do wonder if the parents switched out the bedroom rug. If so, I'm betting all LE did was remove it from the shed to take photos of it to compare with photos LE took earlier.

I can see why JI wanted everyone to know that DB slept with a fan turned on "high." Apparently, that fan didn't remove all the scent.

JMO

All I remember seeing, CSI carried a roll of carpet down the driveway towards the street from the back somewhere, roll it out, roll it back up, then carry it back up the driveway from which they came. I didn't watch every minute so I can't attest to anything else about a rolled carpet.

Attorney Short stated the rolled carpet was from the shed. I don't know if all the rolled carpet we've seen and the one the attorney talked about the same.

I think LE was sending a message to the parents about the carpet and that's why they stepped in front of the cameras with it. The parents' own attorney walked into that house assuming the carpet was from the bedroom and later learned it was from the shed. The only way she would know that is if the parents told her. The parents are not being any more candid with their own attorney than they are with LE.

JMO

"And having met them, this young couple, they have not withheld anything good or bad about who they are. When Deborah said she had gone to get this wine. Guess what they went to the store and got video of the wine guess what that proved. She is a truth-teller, that is what that proved," said Short.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15788106...senting-parents-discusses-latest-developments

Still some slippery room there for the chicken/egg question.

Did she fail to tell them about the trip then they found the receipt and asked her and she told?

No, I think we are finally being told information from the inside. It sounds to me like the lawyer is saying that Debbie didn't lie to LE, which has been a big question mark. If Debbie told investigators everything from the beginning, then the other stuff can be explained. She has been accused of lying when half the information that is being compared came from a third party. And when that third party is the media, we have to keep that in context. We have all seen how often they mess it up.

"And having met them, this young couple, they have not withheld anything good or bad about who they are. When Deborah said she had gone to get this wine. Guess what they went to the store and got video of the wine guess what that proved. She is a truth-teller, that is what that proved," said Short.

Still some slippery room there for the chicken/egg question.

Did she fail to tell them about the trip then they found the receipt and asked her and she told?

snipped:

we might not get the happy ending that we want.

Snipped:

"When you are in crisis and one of the things that is withheld from you is information, it is devastating," said Short. "They are on a roller coaster. They are doing the best they can and holding out hope. They love this little girl. They really did. And she was a precious little girl. So they are just hanging on doing the best they can. And people are surrounding them and supporting them."

I left the quote as was in the article so that it wouldn't look like I was pulling things out of context.

Why in the hello is this defense attn speaking of Lisa in the past tense?

JMHO.

snipped:

Snipped:

I left the quote as was in the article so that it wouldn't look like I was pulling things out of context.

Why in the hello is this defense attn speaking of Lisa in the past tense?

JMHO.
Or did the media get it wrong again? Was this spoken interview by the attorney or a written account by the media? We have seen how they get it wrong a lot. I would feel more comfortable actually hearing it.

But if she ACTUALLY said that, then yeah, I would have a problem.

Yep, no door frame. And also no tack strip along the carpet edge to hold it down. Notice she's lifting it up and her hand is underneath the carpeting.
Zjyrz.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that too. There used to be a video that showed the 2 closets in the parents room. I swore there were no doors on them, but when I went back to view the video link, that video had been editted. Closets no longer shown. Baseball bat by dresser also editted out. Wonder why?

No, I think we are finally being told information from the inside. It sounds to me like the lawyer is saying that Debbie didn't lie to LE, which has been a big question mark. If Debbie told investigators everything from the beginning, then the other stuff can be explained. She has been accused of lying when half the information that is being compared came from a third party. And when that third party is the media, we have to keep that in context. We have all seen how often they mess it up.

We've also seen how often DB has changed details and her version of times and events. You expect a lawyer to admit her client lied? I thought that LE made it pretty clear that they found a receipt for the wine and then they retrieved the security video. No mention that DB had told them anything at all about her purchase of wine.

JMO

Yeah, I noticed that too. There used to be a video that showed the 2 closets in the parents room. I swore there were no doors on them, but when I went back to view the video link, that video had been editted. Closets no longer shown. Baseball bat by dresser also editted out. Wonder why?

Yep, I noticed that too! Here's the parent's room. No doors on the closets:

6igoT.jpg

Here's a shot of the foreground in the parent's room. A basket with clothes still on the hangers thrown on top:

KHJSb.jpg

Not sure if this was done during the search, or if she was in the middle of laundry. Laying clothes on hangers down like that, to me it means they were moved out of the way quickly. YMMV on that though.

We've also seen how often DB has changed details and her version of times and events. You expect a lawyer to admit her client lied? I thought that LE made it pretty clear that they found a receipt for the wine and then they retrieved the security video. No mention that DB had told them anything at all about her purchase of wine.

JMO

Or....maybe she told them about the trip and gave them the receipt with the time-stamp on it so they could get the video. Just a thought. Who really knows what is going on here? I am totally perplexed....one day I think the child was kidnapped and the next I'm just not sure. :fence:

LE said that the parents weren't answering vital questions. It doesn't sound like she told everything to me.

I don't know... I think it's a bit of a leap to assume that if she told the truth about the wine buying she told the truth about everything else as well. Cynthia Short is spinning it well but DB may actually not have had a choice but to tell the truth about the wine buying. She was in the shop with her brother and we don't know what the brother told LE, or the neighbor with whom she was drinking the wine. There was a cash clerk who knew her. If she didn't pay with cash and toss the receipt LE could find out she was shopping if they looked at her finances.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Askmetomorrow2
Back