LE wants to interview the parents separately

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kevin Fox CONFESSED, he did not "lawyer up." Some of you are comparing this case to cases that are not similar and it's taking the thread entirely off topic.

JMO

Kevin Fox confessed because he was interrogated for 14 hours with no attorney present. These parents stopped the interrogation after 11 hours and lawyered up, and some people are using their actions as if it were evidence against them. That's why Kevin Fox's name is even in the thread - we are pointing out that their actions are not incriminating, they did what any sensible person would do when they become a suspect.

Kevin Fox is not being used as a comparison here, but as a cautionary tale.

In the first media interviews after they "stopped cooperating", Jeremy describes when he asked to take a break. His description of that incident is from an interrogation, where he is told that Lisa failed a lie detector test and at that point he asked to take a break. The article that went with that made it pretty clear that Lisa had already been confronted with that, and was being questioned, and it was pretty clear they were separate interviews. They weren't together.

This summed it up for me:

David Netz, Sr. said the couple simply objected to police-questioning tactics.
"They would come in and say, 'OK, Jeremy said this, and they'd go back to Jeremy and say Deb said this and that,"
Read more: http://www.kmbc.com/news/29420106/detail.html#ixzz1bqAPNygI

Are you sure? On the 8th is when Jeremy asked for a break, and I believe it was early on the 9th when LE said they weren't cooperating. If I remember correctly, Jeremy was quite surprised that after asking for a break LE went to the microphone very quickly and announced they weren't cooperating.

They were interrogated for 11 hours on the day that they discovered Lisa missing. They asked for a break around 11pm. That was Oct 4th. On Oct 6th the media reported a heated exchange between the parents and LE around noon at the edge of the woods that LE were searching. The parents sped off in their car. In the evening of the same day, SY called a press conference to state that the parents were not co-operating with them. At that point, they had only been questioned for the original 11 hours. And when the local media went to the relatives house to get a comment, they were told that the family had a deal with national media. So in the two days that they refused questioning, they struck their national media deal.

MOO

I believe that mommy killed this girl. I am not on the fence. I am not even leaning against the fence. In my opinion Mom killed her daughter and very likely chucked the corpse in the river. And I believe that LE knows it and wants to hammer both her and her husband separately and see which one cracks first.

With that said, I do NOT hold her refusal to answer questions against her. In my mind it is irrelevant as her story started out ridiculous and went rapidly downhill from there.

I don't their refusal to answer questions against them but I do view it as evidence of their guilt. If LE eventually takes the death penalty off the table for the first one to crack, I'm okay with that.

JMO

Well, I think a lot of people share your viewpoint. I think that's why they DID put up with 4 days of that.

I'm not sure how much more would be required.

[bbm]

as much as it takes?

when we compare their discomfort at being interviewed again against the discomfort baby Lisa might possibly be feeling if she has been kidnapped & is being abused, then their complaints kinda pale in comparison don't they?

I'm glad though that you're being the devil's advocate - I respect your posts and opinions

That's a really good question. I'm trying to think of cases where LE turned on the parents, and then they were confirmed innocent. Did Jaycee Dugard's stepdad stop cooperating? I think so, but I could be wrong.

I believe Coralrose Fullwood's family stopped cooperating.

Really good question. We should all search our brains and come up with cases where confirmed innocent people stopped/or didn't stop cooperating after LE clearly had them in the crosshairs.

BBM

Go ahead, it's a free country right?

"They would come in and say, 'OK, Jeremy said this, and they'd go back to Jeremy and say Deb said this and that,"

missing child, parents not willing to cooperate but willing to give tv interviews talking about themselves says it for me.

One key point to remember is that the only people saying that the police were big meanies are the same folks who are the most likely culprits in this crime.

On one side we have mommy with her ever-changing story, a woman with essentially zero credibility at this point, and on the other we have LE who have been the very definition of professional.

Why would anyone believe anything mommy has to say?

The only thing I want to know is where she hid Lisa. She can save the rest of her BS for the book deal I am sure she is working on.

MOO

They arent making them go away, they are simply asking for some other interrogators. LE should drop the ego and question them with other detectives.

If the parents had cooperated with LE from day one, another Q and A session may not have been needed.

The KCPD now has an ego? wow

Kevin Fox confessed because he was interrogated for 14 hours with no attorney present. These parents stopped the interrogation after 11 hours and lawyered up, and some people are using their actions as if it were evidence against them. That's why Kevin Fox's name is even in the thread - we are pointing out that their actions are not incriminating, they did what any sensible person would do when they become a suspect.

Kevin Fox is not being used as a comparison here, but as a cautionary tale.

A cautionary tale that serves no purpose because NOBODY has confessed in this case, NOBODY has been interrogated for 14 hours and NO BODY has even been found.

JMO

They were interrogated for 11 hours on the day that they discovered Lisa missing. They asked for a break around 11pm. That was Oct 4th. On Oct 6th the media reported a heated exchange between the parents and LE around noon at the edge of the woods that LE were searching. The parents sped off in their car. In the evening of the same day, SY called a press conference to state that the parents were not co-operating with them. At that point, they had only been questioned for the original 11 hours. And when the local media went to the relatives house to get a comment, they were told that the family had a deal with national media. So in the two days that they refused questioning, they struck their national media deal.

MOO

LE has repeatedly said they cooperated until Oct. 8.

Well, that sounds like they were questioned separately.

I don't see anything wrong with this questioning strategy. The police are there to solve a crime and not to have a completely relaxing conversation with the parents.
I can see how it could be annoying if you had stories to keep straight.

I think you mean, DB, not Lisa. If JI stopped an interview after being told DB failed her poly and JI never resumed the interview, his actions smack of consciousness of guilt.

JMO

I saw JI on one of the interviews say he was the one that stopped the police interviews.

BBM

Go ahead, it's a free country right?

indeed it's also a country where it's assumed that the rights of a parent who has lied about the details of a missing child's last hours in the home are more important than the child. but it's okay for the parents to go on national tv and talk, just not okay for them to talk to the people trying to find the missing baby.

Questioning is great. I think no one objects to that.

Did LE ever shout in their faces that they're lying murderers?

IDK the exact questions but I know my 2 teenage friends were under the assumption the police thought they were responsible. DB should really have known they were gonna say something to that extent since she was the last person with her daughter before she went missing. I'm not saying she's guilty of anything but I would think most people would just expect at some point they would say/ask questions of that nature. IMO

While the parents and their lawyers put forward their case to the media, time is passing...memories are failing...evidence may be deteriorating...

Maybe LE has come across some items of interest on their computer...maybe months ago they had some work done at the house or made contact with a new person, and LE has questions about that. We don't know what LE wants to talk to them about, but really, what could be off-limits if it could lead to a break? I am baffled...and kind of disgusted...

Respectfully edited.

Sadly, a baby's body may also be decomposing :( jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734