LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have assumed all along that they would want to secure the indictment on JRH before pursuing anything with LH. Once that happens then they will know what legal ground they need to be on to charge her with something. He is the one who actually left Cooper in the car, so what would they really charge her with at this point? It makes sense to me that they're holding off. I just hope that they are able to charge her at some point, because I do believe she knew.

Aha, that's my theory too -- I keep asking and no attys reply as of yet --
I keep thinking they want to "get him" on his charges INDEPENDENT of what she gets on her charges -- no testifying against each other for a deal, no risk of a conjoined trial, etc, etc, etc...

No limitations on murder... does anyone know about conspiracy to commit murder? Or accessory after the fact?

TIA

Perhaps they were trying to keep the cell phone bill down? I don't know, we have unlimited texts. My son has had 10,000+ in a month... I guess
using wi - fi through work would not create txt fees?

One of them could have had work cell phone, I could see it might be a problem.
All posts are MOO. Sent via Insignia Flex Tablet.

He certainly used his phone to sext 6 different women all day. Therfore, using data which is more expensive than texts depending on a persons plan. So why would he not use it to communicate with his wife?

If they were communicating with apps, I do not believe it was to keep a bill down, but rather maybe purposeful, to hide what they may have been saying to each other.

:cow:

Most states have "slayer statutes" which delineate disqualification from insurance proceeds. These statutes vary by state.

In many states, if intent to murder was formed prior to purchasing the policy, the entire policy becomes void. In other states the insurer will generally file an interpleader action where bene is suspected or charged and intent was formed subsequent to policy purchase. Here is an example of one of these filed in GA-http://www.americanbar.org/content/dam/aba/publications/litigation_committees/pretrial/forms/05-petition-for-interpleader.authcheckdam.pdf

The majority of states follow a rule where a criminal conviction serves as prima facia evidence of guilt upon expiration of appeal rights. There may also be an extended slayer policy where members of the extended family of the murderer are also inelgible to receive the proceeds.

This is the specific GA statute. I don't have any knowledge of GA case law on this topic.

§ 33-25-13 - Receipt of benefits from insurance policy of deceased by person found guilty of committing murder or voluntary manslaughter.

No person who commits murder or voluntary manslaughter or who conspires with another to commit murder shall receive any benefits from any insurance policy on the life of the deceased, even though the person so killing or conspiring be named beneficiary in the insurance policy. A plea of guilty or a judicial finding of guilt not reversed or otherwise set aside as to any of such crimes shall be prima-facie evidence of guilt in determining rights under this Code section. All right, interest, estate, and proceeds in such an insurance policy shall go to the other heirs of the deceased who may be entitled thereto by the laws of descent and distribution of this state, unless secondary beneficiaries be named in the policy, in which event such secondary beneficiaries shall take.

HISTORY: Code 1933, § 56-2506, enacted by Ga. L. 1960, p. 289, § 1.
http://http://www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/gacode/

Yes, they do. You're absolutely right. That's why there are insurance investigators. It's called fraud. Excluded under a life insurance policy is "Illegal Activity" (such as murder with malice in order to collect someone's life insurance money...). Check out the NAIC.

Just a thought, we know JRH has an iPhone, do we have any idea what type of phone LH has? I know my husband and I both have iPhones and use iMessage most of the time. Those iMessages do not show up on our AT&T wireless phone bills as it is an iPhone feature. That would explain why there are no texts between the 2 of them since May. With iMessage turned on only very few instances where the message has to go through as a text would show up in phone records.

Just a thought, we know JRH has an iPhone, do we have any idea what type of phone LH has? I know my husband and I both have iPhones and use iMessage most of the time. Those iMessages do not show up on our AT&T wireless phone bills as it is an iPhone feature. That would explain why there are no texts between the 2 of them since May. With iMessage turned on only very few instances where the message has to go through as a text would show up in phone records.

If he used iMessage it would automatically sync to his cloud, all other apple devices, wouldn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a good idea and may be the case, but law enforcement didn't have the phone records yet. All they were going by was looking at RH's phone. I find it really hard to believe he hadn't texted anyone since May. Did he delete texts regularly? That seems weird if so. Is there some setting or app that deletes them automatically? I have an iPhone and my texts stay unless I delete them on purpose.

It just seems so odd for the two of them to call each other or use an IM app when texting is so easy. I think the actual phone records are going to tell so much.

I wonder bow long she dated him before they got married. I bet less than 6 months.

YOU wont get the money for burning your house down but your spouse may, or the mortgage company.

No, not necessarily. If my husband purposely burns down our house, the ins. co. is not going to pay me anything.

Does anyone know what size the guy was that went to the Treehouse with her?

I ran a search on "are wifi texting apps traceable" and found this:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110305210433AAWvZLh

I recall studying up on this for my CompTIA HIT exams, and I know we have IT experts posting here.

If the H's were communicating via wifi app (TextFree, etc.), then it wouldn't show up on their phone bill as text messages. However, LE would still be able to subpoena their records, and trace everything back to their IP addresses.

Also, if they ever accessed any network via cable (FiOS, etc,), then their MAC addresses (which is device specific) would be traceable as well.

Bottom line: LE has the ability to dig deep into their digital footprints. There's NO way these two haven't texted since May! :no:

:twocents:

If he used iMessage it would automatically sync to his cloud, all other apple devices, wouldn't it?

I found this regarding iMessage and LE:

(snip)

So iMessages may not be interceptable from a suspect’s cell carrier, but Apple has to be capable of handing them over when the authorities come knocking with a warrant. In fact, all Apple has to do is provide the cops with an appropriate authentication token and they should, in principle, be able to turn an ordinary iPhone into a de facto clone of the suspect’s own device—so that iMessages show up on the police phone in realtime just as the suspect receives or sends them.

Much more @ Link

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timwors...ervice-really-uncrackable-by-law-enforcement/

I ran a search on "are wifi texting apps traceable" and found this:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110305210433AAWvZLh

I recall studying up on this for my CompTIA HIT exams, and I know we have IT experts posting here.

If the H's were communicating via wifi app (TextFree, etc.), then it wouldn't show up on their phone bill as text messages. However, LE would still be able to subpoena their records, and trace everything back to their IP addresses.

Also, if they ever accessed any network via cable (FiOS, etc,), then their MAC addresses (which is device specific) would be traceable as well.

Bottom line: LE has the ability to dig deep into their digital footprints. There's NO way these two haven't texted since May! :no:

:twocents:

I guess not. I was thinking maybe she was divorcing him, but I read that would never happen and that they would be frowned upon by the community. Cheating- I guess that's fine.

I seriously doubt there is anything on the wifes phone. The Stepford Wives Meet the Village.

ALL of it is "odd", imo....

And whether LH was involved or not, can someone help me HERE???
Right now??

Even if I were babbling on in denial-crazy-ville at the funeral (and not crazy considering...), I think I might have at least ONCE stated that I LOVE my husband (if I truly thought he was innocent)

Have I missed it?

Has she EVER said that she LOVES RH?....

Forgive me, just onto something here... I will really go to bed NOW and check back in the am...

Kids are at their dad's tonight and I've gone on too long today -- this case is too much for me to go much longer if I don't want nightmares... rip sweet CMH

This is an excellent question, hoping....

I don't know that she has :confused:

You're on the right track, as this may be as much about what has been said as what has not. :dunno:

I am with you - this case literally shatters the heart when you really think about it. The wall of objectivity doesn't always work, and the facts of the case - what really happened to Cooper, are frankly too much to bear on most occasions. :tears:

Take care of yourself! :hug: We look forward to your values input after a good night's rest (no nightmares)

#RIPCooper :heartluv:

:rose:

I'm not sure that's an accurate statement. Text messages are free from one Iphone to another, but that doesn't necessarily mean there is no record of them. It's not an app. I'll have to check with DH, he works for AT&T.

LH was featured last night on CNN tonight with Don Lemon (@DonLemonCNN). I consider his coverage to be on a different level than JVM or NG, and I like his approach as a journalist ( :moo: )

Here is the transcript link:

July 15, 2014
Hot Car Mom

I hope he didn't title the segment :no: :moo:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/15/cnnt.01.html

I am off to read it, and I hope others here will too. I will add it to the Media Thread, as well.

I'm grateful CNN is covering Cooper's story - and not just leaving this up to HLN.

I will ask Salem if it's ok to post in the HLN thread (or perhaps modify the thread name to include CNN, as it is related to HLN).

#JusticeForCooper

:candle:

"Reporters have delved into Leanna’s upbringing, her employment, quizzed people for information about her marriage, and her sex life. The constant attention has prevented her from returning to work. - See more at: http://m.wsbradio.com/news/news/loc...parents-nightmare/nggMc/#sthash.Jrom54RP.dpuf " ....so it's the "constant attention" that's preventing LH to return to work,obviously it's not the DEATH of her beloved child.....:banghead:

"Reporters have delved into Leanna’s upbringing, her employment, quizzed people for information about her marriage, and her sex life. The constant attention has prevented her from returning to work. - See more at: http://m.wsbradio.com/news/news/loc...parents-nightmare/nggMc/#sthash.Jrom54RP.dpuf " ....so it's the "constant attention" that's preventing LH to return to work,obviously it's not the DEATH of her beloved child.....:banghead:
If her job is as a Home Health Dietician, I'm not sure how the attention prevents her from going to her clients' homes. It's not like the media knows her schedule and would follow her around like paparazzi.

"Reporters have delved into Leanna’s upbringing, her employment, quizzed people for information about her marriage, and her sex life. The constant attention has prevented her from returning to work. - See more at: http://m.wsbradio.com/news/news/loc...parents-nightmare/nggMc/#sthash.Jrom54RP.dpuf " ....so it's the "constant attention" that's preventing LH to return to work,
obviously it's not the DEATH of her beloved child.....:banghead:

I doubt I would be able to return to work - I'd be a mess.....using the 'media attention' as an excuse is lame MOO

The fact that her husband is in jail in connection with the death of their child is shaming by itself - she would do well to look at that facet instead of blaming the media.....

ALL of it is "odd", imo....

And whether LH was involved or not, can someone help me HERE???
Right now??

Even if I were babbling on in denial-crazy-ville at the funeral (and not crazy considering...), I think I might have at least ONCE stated that I LOVE my husband (if I truly thought he was innocent)

Have I missed it?

Has she EVER said that she LOVES RH?....

Forgive me, just onto something here... I will really go to bed NOW and check back in the am...

Kids are at their dad's tonight and I've gone on too long today -- this case is too much for me to go much longer if I don't want nightmares... rip sweet CMH

Yes, Leanna stated her faithfulness to Ross and the gathered crowd during her son's funeral.

"First of all Ross, I love you and I'm doing this for you, OK?" she said. "Two years ago when we welcomed a 6-pound, 8-ounce perfect baby into the world, this never crossed my mind."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/us/georgia-toddler-funeral/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member