LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a headstone on the way... right?

Yes. One of the FB people called the cemetery today and was told the headstone is on order by the family. They can take awhile.

She can try to blame the media all she wants,no matter how much or little she was involved in the actual death of Cooper her OWN actions and words prove beyond reasonable doubt that she cares more about her appearance than her own flesh and blood,precious,beautiful Cooper

Not sure if I'm following some posts that are seeming to reference the possibility of TJ being the "little buddy." When RH messages LH asking what time she's picking up his "little buddy" about 3:15ish - I'm thinking that's just iphone proof (he thinks) to show he 'didn't know' (ie. forgot) Cooper was in his car.

RSBMFF

Justin Ross Harris did not ask about his "little buddy". This is an internet myth. Let's not perpetrate the myth.

His attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said Harris texted his wife at 3:16 p.m. that day and said, "When are you going to get my buddy?" Police said they saw no texts between Harris and his wife that day.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2014/07/justin_ross_harris_hearing_bri.html

◾On June 18, day Cooper died, Ross had texted his wife, “When are you going to get my buddy

http://atlantadailyworld.com/2014/0...lanta-father-leaving-child-to-die-in-hot-car/

Justin Ross Harris did not ask about his "little buddy". This is an internet myth. Let's not perpetrate the myth.

His attorney, Maddox Kilgore, said Harris texted his wife at 3:16 p.m. that day and said, "When are you going to get my buddy?" Police said they saw no texts between Harris and his wife that day.

◾On June 18, day Cooper died, Ross had texted his wife, “When are you going to get my buddy?”

http://atlantadailyworld.com/2014/0...lanta-father-leaving-child-to-die-in-hot-car/

So not Cooper?

Who is this other person then?

◾On June 18, day Cooper died, Ross had texted his wife, “When are you going to get my buddy?”

thank you for clarification....

buddy....((could be CH)) or

could it be a friend?

Ironically, iirc, JRHs insurance agent is also his landlord. Thus, contacting this person re: insurance or his condo's lease is a reasonable and prudent phone call to make. Only it is not proper when your own son's CPR efforts are being performed by a stranger.

I would check with the cemetery if there is any restrictions.

There's a cemetery where I live that does not allow upright headstones, only flush to the ground, certain size. Plus, you can only have a certain size wreath, only certain days around certain holidays. When you drive past, it looks like a park, not a cemetery with headstones and flower bouquets. It's privately owned so I guess it's up to them?

Maybe take the amount of money it would cost for flowers and donate it in memory of Cooper to the local fire dept., if a red fire truck was his favorite toy? or another type of organization? I don't know? I'm not trying to solicit a fund raiser - please don't take it the wrong way. I would hate to see a good deed go haywire.

So not Cooper?

Who is this other person then?

Cooper is who JRH is referencing in the text when he uses the words "my buddy". The myth is that JRH said "my little buddy". The remark has been likened to the "My Buddy" doll who scared the beeswax out of me because I thought he looked like Chuckie...from the movies.

my+buddy+4.jpg
chuckie.jpg

I think the details on the exact wording of that message (if it exists) and who it refers to won't come out until trial.

According to Stoddard it wasn't a text message--Stoddard testified that the last text was in May. So if it was a message of some sort (Kik?, Google chat?) actually sent to LH from RH (and even that's questionable due to the wording at the hearing), it didn't seem to be something LE was aware of at time of the hearing.

Below is the exchange from the transcript--and there's a possibility the entire "buddy message" is myth, frankly. The way Kilgore words his question to Stoddard leaves that opening. (Would it be relevant if you found this on his phone?)

There's also no indication (yet) that TJ was RH's "buddy" or someone he regularly called by that term of endearment - though there has been mention more than once that RH referred to CH that way. It seems that Stoddard thought it would be "very" relevant if it occurred - which seems to indicate Stoddard himself was inclined to think it referred to picking up Cooper from daycare.

Here's the hearing exchange:
OK. Well, you have certainly seen Ross' chats on his phone, right?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Once again, sir, there are so many. It's been very sporadic. I have not had time to absorb all the information.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE:' OK.

I'm going to approach you then with exhibit one and just ask if you have seen this one.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I have not.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE:' You have not?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I have not.

Would it be relevant to your investigation to find out that at 3:16 on June the 18th, Ross had texted his wife, when are you going to get my buddy? Would that be relevant?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Oh, it's very relevant.

And you have had his phone, but you haven't seen that?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: No. The last text -- actual text message, if that is a text message, was back in May. If that's a kick or I.M. or Google chat or I don't know where that came from, then, yes, that's probably still in there.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1407/03/cnr.07.html

Police saw no phone texts that day. Detective Stoddard clarified that this communication could have been through a messaging app. They had only scratched the surface of his phone and computer records by the time of the hearing. So we are not actually perpetuating a myth.

Digital dating: a week with Kik, Tinder and OkCupid

Tinder and Kik are among the most popular chat apps, and OkCupid is a popular social and dating website (that now has an app). All three of these are free to download and use, but OkCupid has some features that can only be accessed by paying to upgrade to an “A-list User”.

Tinder uses GPS and your current location to find people around you who also use the app. You can swipe their picture to the left if you’re not interested, or to the right if you want to chat. The interface is easy to work with, and the features are easily identifiable.

http://www.collegian.com/2014/07/digital-dating-week-kik-tinder-okcupid/81992/

Ironically, iirc, JRHs insurance agent is also his landlord. Thus, contacting this person re: insurance or his condo's lease is a reasonable and prudent phone call to make. Only it is not proper when your own son's CPR efforts are being performed by a stranger.

True, but just to clarify--the landlord/ins. agent was not one of the three calls LE noted on his phone from the Maddios' scene. I read tonight that he asked family to contact the landlord (after getting taken in to the police station). I'll try to find that link again.

Hold on, he only tried Leanna's telephone once? Just comparing it to my own experiences but when I heard my grandfather passed away I kept calling my parents nonstop to hear confirmation, share my grief. I find it kind of weird he didn't (hysterically) keep dialling Leanna to tell her what was happening to their son. Or another friend or family member. I might be nitpicking though lol.

Right! Your kid just died and you call your spouse, oh well, she's not answering. Let me check my voice mail messages (sarcasm). I'd call again, I'd call her office, I'd call my parents (????? - isn't this weird he didn't call another family member!!!), I'd call her best friend, I'd call her again. I'd be screaming I can't reach my spouse!!!!!

Regarding the uproar about the gravesite.......The cemetery where my son is buried clears ALL flowers/mementos every Thursday. If you don't come and remove them on Wednesday, they will go to the trash. Maybe this is the rule for Cooper's gravesite.

Also, my son is buried in CA and I now live across the country. I don't go to visit often. If somebody judged how much he is loved by the amount of flowers on his gravesite, they would be wrong. I love him more than anything in this entire world, it's just not shown there. It's in my heart.

These comments here make me sad. There are plenty of things to criticize about this case, but this is pushing it IMO.

Regarding the uproar about the gravesite.......The cemetery where my son is buried clears ALL flowers/mementos every Thursday. If you don't come and remove them on Wednesday, they will go to the trash. Maybe this is the rule for Cooper's gravesite.

Also, my son is buried in CA and I now live across the country. I don't go to visit often. If somebody judged how much he is loved by the amount of flowers on his gravesite, they would be wrong. I love him more than anything in this entire world, it's just not shown there. It's in my heart.

These comments here make me sad. There are plenty of things to criticize about this case, but this is pushing it IMO.
Agreed. Aside from the funeral arrangements, the cemetery where my Mother is buried allows NOTHING that is not in the vase. It has been a while, but if I recall correctly, even the funeral arrangements had to be removed in so many days or they would be disposed of. I remember going back to collect some of them.

It's sometimes hard not to get triggered. My loved ones final resting spots are far from me at this point but I cannot change that. Everyone's circumstances are different.

Given the recentness[/B] of CH's passing many of us parents are deeply affected by what appears to be a lack of caring...this is such a high profile case and CH does have family nearby. Totally different from what you described as your circumstance.

Your comment regarding regulations at the cemetery is something to consider and maybe we don't know enough ..

I honestly don't know, but I would imagine it gives sufficient info for a florist to deliver. Great idea!

My guess is that no one seems to have visited the gravesite (except Ben) because they are afraid of being stalked by media. JonBenet's site was stark too and media were camped out there. If florists deliver to gravesites, that would be a way to pay respects without being seen, though. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz