LeAnna (Mom) #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that's what it is/was supposed to be all right, even "back in the day." But a lot of "Mrs.'s" saw that "Ms." as "failed woman."

I remember when my grandfather died (in 1971) and my grandmother was informed that legally she would now have to refer to herself as "Mrs. Her First Name Their Last Name" as opposed to the "Mrs. His First Name Their Last Name" she'd used all their married life. It just about put her over the edge. But the final straw was when Ma Bell informed her that since he was no longer alive, the phone listing could no longer appear in the phone book under his name. I honestly feared that she would lay down and willfully die. She'd totally lost her identity. But then that was another (even-then dying) era and another way of life.

See, I just don't get that. Why would you want to be known as somebody's property as opposed to your own identity? There used to be a poster here with the hat "*advertiser censored*'s girl" (fill in the *advertiser censored*'s), which I also could've chosen as it's my DH's name too, but it never even occurred to me, until I saw her use it.

Slightly O/T -- I'm sure it's occurred to someone before me right now, but what are the chances of defense teams combing forums such as WS looking for viable defense theories?

Thoughts?

I'm all for 1st Amendment and our ability to do this... but the thought makes me nervous... and a little sick

JMO

All. The. Time.

Ask the members that followed the Anthony trial. Websleuths was in court one day :scared:

Wasn't it SeriouslySearching's posts?

He's crying to her "poor me".He's pacing and rubbing his face, He's all like upset and saying I'm gonna lose my job, they are gonna arrest me for a felony.
(From my memory)
She tells him to come sit down by her and asks
"Why? Did you say too much?"
Its really hard to know what she meant and how much she knows about the law.
By saying too much she could mean was her cursing, raising his voice, "say too much"
Could mean did you verbally threaten an officer.
She could have thought did he tell them he slept with an underage girl?
Heck she could think since having an affair is "illegal" he was getting arrested for admitting it to them.
In other words did he implicate himself in another crime by blabbing on and on.
If I really thought it was an accident, felony murder makes no sense.
Manslaughter dose.
I really want to hear that tape!!
I imagine he is really good at pulling her chain.

And why was he telling her how the baby looked?
Why was he lying to her? I don't get that. He didn't want her to think he was responsible for what he saw when he took the baby out of the car.

All posts are MOO.

We were thinking the same thing at the same time.

See, I just don't get that. Why would you want to be known as somebody's property as opposed to your own identity? There used to be a poster here with the hat "*advertiser censored*'s girl" (fill in the *advertiser censored*'s), which I also could've chosen as it's my DH's name too, but it never even occurred to me, until I saw her use it.

I understand and agree with you. I referred to myself as "Mrs. So-and-So" for about five minutes because it was new and I could. But then it DID NOT feel like me so I went back to being me.

I added to the quoted post the following:

"ETA: Bear in mind that this is the same woman that informed me that the only two gifts a proper young lady could give her gentleman friend were handkerchiefs or a parasol! And the same woman that warned me that men would try to get into my "neighborhood." Oh yeah, and if I ever had to sit on a gentleman's lap while riding in a car to put the phone book between us! Gosh I miss that woman! lol"

And I could add that this woman never learned to drive. He took her everywhere. The only places she went without him were the "lady doctor" and the beauty parlor. [Ironically, HER MIL was a very independent woman (and divorced gasp!)]

I'm sure we all know some women that fit right into that "Mrs." mold even today! Gosh, my DDIL likes that mold to a large degree. That mold goes right along with LH and her "leader" carp, which sets my teeth on edge.

I'm married. I still use my maidan name...and if I'm in the mood, I'll hyphenate.
I was Linda _____my entire life and saw no reason to change it.
Plus I absolutely hate going to DMV...I'd never electively go just to do something silly like take a mans last name.
IMO

I hardly ever use Mrs. or Ms.
And never used Miss. Although other peoples children called me Miss Linda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's crying to her "poor me".He's pacing and rubbing his face, He's all like upset and saying I'm gonna lose my job, they are gonna arrest me for a felony.
(From my memory)
By saying too much she could mean was her cursing, raising his voice, "say too much"
Heck she could think since having an affair is "illegal" he was getting arrested for admitting it to them.
Manslaughter dose.

Why was he lying to her? I don't get that. He didn't want her to think he was responsible for what he saw when he took the baby out of the car.

All posts are MOO.

Me, too! I remember when I heard that statement during the hearing it was one of the several times I literally shouted, 'WHAT?" at the radio? I also imagine that LE knows the tape will be played during any trial... if there were a context in which this were an innocent statement - well......I cannot think of what it would be.

(From my memory)
Manslaughter dose.

All posts are MOO.

Me, too! I remember when I heard that statement during the hearing it was one of the several times I literally shouted, 'WHAT?" at the radio? I also imagine that LE knows the tape will be played during any trial... if there were a context in which this were an innocent statement - well......I cannot think of what it would be.

If a person is innocent, how can they say "too much?" And if the person asking is so innocent, what would be "too much" to say? Is there such a thing as "too much truth," "too much innocence?"

I respect your opinion, but I think they are in cahoots big-time and certainly not just because of this comment...but as far as LH's involvement, it was definitely the tipping point for me.

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I agree it doesn't sound good; but I don't know the answer to your questions, yet. I do know that just 'telling LE honestly everything you know' about something doesn't necessarily protect a person from being unjustly prosecuted. Maybe at this point she really did believe in RH's innocence and was worrying he might have somehow incriminated himself. It sounds like he was questioned without representation for 2-1/2 hours. Perhaps they were discussing that very issue, and her question came up in that context. We don't know, because state didn't bring the whole conversation up at the hearing. They just threw a collection of damning puzzle pieces on the table, and succeeded in convincing the judge that RH's case should go before the grand jury. That's their job and I think they did it well--this guy needs to go to trial. It may come out during trial that his wife is implicated--but with far less evidence at my fingertips than even LE has concerning her right now, I'm just fighting my tendency to want to lock in on some assumptions about LH's complicity.

I understand and agree with you. I referred to myself as "Mrs. So-and-So" for about five minutes because it was new and I could. But then it DID NOT feel like me so I went back to being me.

I added to the quoted post the following:

"ETA: Bear in mind that this is the same woman that informed me that the only two gifts a proper young lady could give her gentleman friend were handkerchiefs or a parasol! And the same woman that warned me that men would try to get into my "neighborhood." Oh yeah, and if I ever had to sit on a gentleman's lap while riding in a car to put the phone book between us! Gosh I miss that woman! lol"

And I could add that this woman never learned to drive. He took her everywhere. The only places she went without him were the "lady doctor" and the beauty parlor. [Ironically, HER MIL was a very independent woman (and divorced gasp!)]

I'm sure we all know some women that fit right into that "Mrs." mold even today! Gosh, my DDIL likes that mold to a large degree. That mold goes right along with LH and her "leader" carp, which sets my teeth on edge.
That's my grandmother!
Except they didn't go to the same church.
She was Methodist he was Church of Christ.
Still sat with his bothers and sisters every Sunday.
She never drove.
He grew TONS of roses in the backyard.
He tended to them EVERY morning, and when she got up to cook breakfast she had a bouquet on the kitchen table.
Without fail, until it was too cold. He also always opened her door.

Lol Leanna kinda reminds me of my mom/grandmom.

Masters in library science minor in Russian from Vanderbilt. Very strong woman.
Never saw he cry. Not even when she was told to get her "affairs" in order. If my dad had cheated, she'd have thrown him out and gotten child support and alimony the house...

I don't know what to think about LH. No one has said anything about her. Good or bad

All posts are MOO.

I'm married. I still use my maidan name...and if I'm in the mood, I'll hyphenate.
I was Linda _____my entire life and saw no reason to change it.
Plus I absolutely hate going to DMV...I'd never electively go just to do something silly like take a mans last name.
IMO

I hardly ever use Mrs. or Ms.
And never used Miss. Although other peoples children called me Miss Linda.

I did hyphenate my name for work. I dropped my middle name in favor of my maiden name because I hate my middle name, and my maiden name was my identity.

And this is where I stand. LE knows that the tape will be available to the defense, jury. judge, etc. I can't imagine Det Stoddard offering it as damning if it was part of an innocent conversation.

I did hyphenate my name for work. I dropped my middle name in favor of my maiden name because I hate my middle name, and my maiden name was my identity.

I hyphenated for awhile but too many agencies/doctor's offices/businesses could not figure out whether I should be filed under the M's or the H's in their systems and could never seem to find me, so I just gave up. Now I'm in a line of work that puts me in contact with lots of people with mental health issues , so I use the "M" name for social purposes and the "H" name for professional matters. It makes it harder for unstable people to track me...or my "M" named family...down (I hope).

That is funny - but if I were to refer to my body parts, I'd probably name myself 'peedoffnotskinny,"

(From my memory)
Manslaughter dose.

All posts are MOO.

This is the point I was trying to make--you nailed it, thanks. "Did you say too much?" could reference her own inexact knowledge of the law, could be a puzzled response wondering why RH was afraid of being convicted of a felony if he'd just "accidentally" left his son in the car, or maybe a wondering if he'd told the cops about his underage sexting (in reference to being worried about losing his job at HD where that occurred), etc. It's unknown--I'd need the context of the conversation to know for sure what that question meant.

http://www.theage.com.au/world/ross...-of-murder-20140708-zszp6.html?skin=text-only

Dr Phillip Resnick, who has studied filicide (parents killing children) for many years, said the key is the relationship between Ross and Leanna. If Ross planned to seek a divorce, Resnick said, Cooper might have stood in the way.

Otherwise, he said, there is no obvious motive for killing the child; Harris could simply have continued pursuing other sexual liaisons while maintaining his family life.

''The missing link is the relationship to the wife,'' said Dr Resnick, who directs the forensic psychiatry program at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. ''What's going on in the marriage is the key factor.''

If a person is innocent, how can they say "too much?" And if the person asking is so innocent, what would be "too much" to say? Is there such a thing as "too much truth," "too much innocence?"

I respect your opinion, but I think they are in cahoots big-time and certainly not just because of this comment...but as far as LH's involvement, it was definitely the tipping point for me.

If a person is in custody at the time they say it, they can say too much that will be used against them....and she was right because her comment was used against him and also used to implicate her and we still don't know what exactly she meant with it.

What else was going on in their lives? Was their marriage on the rocks? Were they only together because their faith doesn't recognize divorce (which is exactly what my niece is currently doing in Atlanta with her jerk of a husband) or were they still together because it was cheaper to share the same home, custody and finances? Were they staying together only to keep up appearances? All of this might be such personal information that Leanna thought at the time had absolutely nothing to do with the "accident." She may have thought Ross blabbing about it would be a humiliating indication she had failed. And we all know now she is concerned about how she appears.

I don't know of any woman who would willingly want to stay with a husband who stayed in bed to watch cartoons, stopped to stuff his face with fast food, arrived at work over an hour late and then knocked off early to go to the movies. It was only a matter of time before he was fired. She wasn't staying with him out of love, imo. There had to be another compelling reason and I think it had to do with money.

JMO

http://www.theage.com.au/world/ross...-of-murder-20140708-zszp6.html?skin=text-only

Dr Phillip Resnick, who has studied filicide (parents killing children) for many years, said the key is the relationship between Ross and Leanna. If Ross planned to seek a divorce, Resnick said, Cooper might have stood in the way.

Otherwise, he said, there is no obvious motive for killing the child; Harris could simply have continued pursuing other sexual liaisons while maintaining his family life.

''The missing link is the relationship to the wife,'' said Dr Resnick, who directs the forensic psychiatry program at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland. ''What's going on in the marriage is the key factor.''

I agree the missing link is the relationship with his wife. But I don't agree there is not an obvious motive for killing his son. The motive would be to punish Leanna if SHE wanted to end the marriage.

JMO

Why would she think the only possible thing could be that RH left CH in the car?

The daycare people made other suggestions but she was having none of it.

Why would she say that she did not know what to do at the daycare?

Just jumping off your post here, I've thought about this. Didn't RH message her checking to see if she was picking up baby Cooper and they also had a phone conversation? In the conversation RH could have stated something like; just checking to make sure you're going to pick up Cooper because I'm (RH) going to meet the guys for a movie.

What I'd like to know is if RH ever left his son in a vehicle before. That would explain why LH had a fear of this, and if she was the one that search hot car death it could have been to scold RH.

There's also a financial benefit to be gained by RH. Getting rid of his son would free up a minimum of $1200 dollars a month.

It would also give him plenty of FREE time to pursue his real interests. Taking photos of his penis and sharing them with strangers online while trolling for sexual hook ups.

Zero child support to pay when his wife got a clue.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads