DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was my just my opinion.
Did I forget to put moo?
If I did my apologies.

Oh dear, no intention to provoke an apology for anything! I was just making a silly joke to Cherie, letting her know my limits on worrying about stuff I don't yet know to be fact, yet. (She was talking about becoming nauseated just thinking about the possibility of it being true.)

If LH's name was not on the accounts then RH could. If her name was on accounts she would have to agree to the turnover.

:thinking:

Wonder which was the case here.

In my case there are NO resources to turn to, none at all as far as I can see, and I've been struggling to find a solution for 14 years. I just don't see a solution that would not be detrimental to me. It is what it is. Sorry for the O/T, I just wanted to convey that I could look at LH and say if I were in her shoes I would leave RH and never look back, but if I put those shoes on myself, they might fit a little differently.

I wish you a lot of luck and strength. It sounds like your resource is going to have to be yourself.

Did I dream this or does Harris and Leanna have three bank accounts? His, Hers and Theirs?

Can this even be done without spousal approval? (And if not, that means LH agreed??)

No it can't be done without spousal approval if it is an account held by the household, such as a joint bank account. There would be no reason Leanna would want his brother to have access to her paycheck deposits or expenses, imo. I just don't see her attorney ever advising that move.

JMO

The brother being in control of her money might come as surprising news to Leanna and her attorney.

JMO

I don't know...with the death of a small child, husband being accused of murdering the child, dealing with police, lawyers, the media...I might welcome someone else paying the bills during this time. And helping to figure out what's going to happen regarding lawyer bills, loss of income, etc., etc. LH has a lot on her plate right now, the checkbook may be the last thing on her mind.

I don't know...with the death of a small child, husband being accused of murdering the child, dealing with police, lawyers, the media...I might welcome someone else paying the bills during this time. And helping to figure out what's going to happen regarding lawyer bills, loss of income, etc., etc. LH has a lot on her plate right now, the checkbook may be the last thing on her mind.

It's not the last thing on her lawyer's mind considering the prosecution has thrown out money as a motive and implicated her. There is no guarantee his brother is going to pay the bills. Especially the credit card bills that might be in both names, utility bills, etc. What this smacks of is Ross fearing Leanna is going to file for divorce and he's trying to shield his assets from her. Dumb move on his part, if it is true.

JMO

If her name was not on the account then only RH would need to assign POA to his brother for finance. Witnessed and notarized, done deal. If her name was, then just

wow. That would be a tough pill to swallow and I could :thud: off the fence. because - well just wow.

If her name was not on the account then only RH would need to assign POA to his brother for finance. Witnessed and notarized, done deal. If her name was, then just

wow. That would be a tough pill to swallow and I could :thud: off the fence. because - well just wow.

This new info is so interesting.

I had read or heard that RH recently took over the family finances. Did we find that out at the PCH? You'd think I could remember, I've watched it at least 10 times but I'm drawing a blank.

Question: at the PCH it was said JRH had recently taken over the family's finances. I assumed it meant he took over from Leanna, but since he "turned over" the finances to Baygents it makes me wonder from whom JRH took over?

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

interesting thought. has me wondering how that was worded exactly and where it was from PCH or warrant, article quoting what source?

The article's link comes up with "No Longer Found" now, but here is the whole article in Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/77yu011bkne0p6o/Questions on police account of Harris case.docx

The problem with Baygent's arguments is that they're weak, contradictory, and incomplete. Denial isn't just a river in Egypt. :/ Brother Baygent says that he was given control of the couple's finances after RH was arrested, but doesn't explain why. He says that the couple's financial situation is absolutely sound, yet also tells us that as of his June takeover of the account they have $6K in savings, $4K in credit card debt, they've booked a family cruise in October, and have been seriously house-hunting with an agent. But if that's truly all the savings they had, those plans are entirely unrealisitic even BEFORE Ross got fired from Home Depot. And these plans all take place after RH failed to get the job promotion at Home Depot or job situation he applied for at Chick-Fil-A in May. It's like there's either a break with reality or something more sinister already being planned to take care of those considerable financial investments. :( And no, I don't "think he killed Cooper for $27,000"--the "ridiculous" claim that Baygent thinks people are making. It doesn't take an Internet genius nowadays to see the online financial windfall that routinely is arranged by well-meaning friends in response to tragic family news involving disaster, death, and innocent children.

This is just so sad, such an incredible loss for the rest of Cooper's family. I don't fault them for trying to defend RH. I just dread them finding out any more crushing truth than they've already been subjected to. I'm not a grandparent yet, but am old enough to be one. This would literally take years off my life.

OK, now I understand. This was AFTER Ross was arrested that his brother took over the finances. I know I had read that LH had turned the finances over to her husband before the arrest. I find this to be very strange UNLESS LH has another account which is in her name only and this is only Ross's money his brother is managing. Maybe she separated their accounts when she learned of Ross's cheating to make sure Ross didn't spend any of her money on other women? Most single women do not sleep with married men unless they're getting money from him. JMO

Sheesh. I feel sorry for people who live in frigid areas who have to burn up fuel for twenty minutes to heat the car in order to put kids in it without proper weather gear! OUCH! I'm an old lady so I never had to deal with it, but I live in VERY cold winter climate. Must cost a fortune in gas. JMO

It's not that bad. You just put them in layers. I never used a car seat cover bc I prefer a light blanket tucked in really well for my littlest. And the older one- he wears a fleece and I keep this fluffy fleecy blanket in the car for him. It takes like two mins for it to get warm once we get going. And I am sure parking in our garage helps keep it somewhat warmer than if it were outside.

I have a remote start too but I can't use it when I have the car in the garage. So yeah, lots of blankets.

But this winter? Was awful. My dog gained 5 lbs bc it was -25 some days. Gah. [emoji30] I dressed like a snowman this year.

Sent from my not so humble opinion.

Is Georgia a community property state?

Yes, it is.

Respectfully, Georgia is not a community property state.

State laws govern how property is to be assessed and divided when a married couple gets divorced. Like most states, Georgia marital property laws do not recognize "community property," in which everything acquired during the marriage is split right down the middle - See more at:

Georgia is an "equitable distribution" state. This differs from a "community property" state where assets and debts are generally split down the middle.

Respectfully, Georgia is not a community property state.

My bad. I was thinking during the marriage.
Like if the car is in his name and you drive off in it he can't report it stolen because it's marital property.

As far as bank accounts go, if he has his own account, I have no right to anything in it.
I had to address this when I signed an inheritance check over to my husband. The bank made me come in and show ID and they told me of I deposit the money in his account, it becomes his. He can take it right back out and buy a $75,000 vase and there is nothing I could do.

All posts are MOO.

If I was LH and my dh gave our fiances over to his brother....Id be more than a tiny bit mad. Does this mean L has to ASK her bil for money?

If I was LH and my dh gave our fiances over to his brother....Id be more than a tiny bit mad. Does this mean L has to ASK her bil for money?
It sounds to me like it.
Why would he not give them to LH?
Was he afraid she wouldn't use the $ to bail him out after LE found all his internet activity?

All posts are MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member