Lee Has An Attorney! REVISIT OLD THREAD

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new lawyers name is Thomas Luka, and this article claims he is representing "The Anthony's"

George and Cindy Anthony were told the remains where their granddaughter's Friday afternoon. The Anthonys were secluded in their home with their son, Lee. Their lawyer, Thomas Luka, said the Anthonys were devastated by the news. They had long held out hope their granddaughter would be found alive.

What is the name of the attorney representing Lee Anthony? And, yes, it is okay to write his or her full name.
Or, is there a link to an article that includes the full name?
The WFTV article has since been revised to read:
George and Cindy Anthony were told the remains where their granddaughter's Friday afternoon. The Anthonys were secluded in their home with their son, Lee. Lee's lawyer, Thomas Luka, said the Anthonys were devastated by the news. They had long held out hope their granddaughter would be found alive.

This has probably been said on this thread already, but shouldn't he have already retained one before now?

This is kind of strange - I wonder if Thomas Luka has been Lee's attorney all along.

From September 16th:

Attorney Thomas Luka said it's not unusual for a high-profile case to take precedence. He has a second case that is also being delayed, because crime scene technicians have been unable to provide the DNA evidenced he requested.
"Orange County technicians responsible for that are obviously being allocated to the Casey Anthony matter at this point and don't have time to deal with the courtroom or discovery," Luka said.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17489435/detail.html

Amen to that...if I had a sister who was off the chain like Casey I would have been represented a long time ago...she is going to try to bring all of them down with her...

The Ramseys hired legal representation and they were not guilty...

JB said today that Casey says she's innocent and that there is a lot we don't know that will come out at trial...I'd say everyone associated with this case should lawyer up! They've had 6 months to come up with a whopper of a story. JMO.

I totally agree. He should have hired one in the beginning, but NO ONE "thought" they would find her body. Surprise, Surprise !!!
And why didn't THEY - the Anthony family - search the find area? They are keen to question other people's motives, why don't they question their own? They never searched for Caylee because they'd have to begin searching from the end and knew what they would find if they did. IMHO.

Well, since there are so many rumors that many assume are fact (ie German Gonzalez when the meter reader's name was really Roy Kronk), I think he's smart to get legal representation, especially if he didn't have any connection with this whole sad case...except to be the uncle of a murdered child and brother of her alledged murderer. Despite the conjecture, I've as yet seen no concrete proof he had anything to do with all this. If indeed he is a father-to-be, he's got a lot more than just his reputation riding on the outcome of this case.
My "gut feeling" is that they all need representation when the money comes knocking. Negotiations, folks.

My "gut feeling" is that they all need representation when the money comes knocking. Negotiations, folks.
Exactly! Someone needs to help him with those tricky contracts. No sympathy for this boy. Nope, none, no siree.

I find it curious that he has an attorney that specializes in criminal law.

Ok then adding to truths post. Why cant the defense say...you used some joe schmoos' DNA info, then how do we know that is caylee?

I also agree with the other posters comment about, when LP made that comment about who the father is, why didnt the A's say something then? They commented about everything else.

Did we hear all the phone calls and read all the transcripts from Lee? What was that about passing notes back and forth from Baez and the A's and casey. Maybe Lee is in hot water for stuff we dont even know about yet. But I do find it odd, that today he gets an Attorney.

What about brad? Is he still the attorney?

If I'm not mistaken, they could have gotten a known profile from a toothbrush, hairbrush or a lock of Caylee's baby hair. How many parents/ grandparents don't have a lock of hair from the first haircut?

"Advantages of DNA profiling
Some of the advantages of DNA profiling include:
  • DNA tests can be applied to any human sample that contains cells with nuclei, such as saliva, semen, urine and hair.
  • DNA tests are extremely sensitive, and can be conducted using samples that would be too small for other serological tests.
  • DNA is hardy, and resists degeneration even after contamination with chemicals or bacteria.
  • The ability of DNA profiling to exclude a suspect means the police are able to confidently drop that line of enquiry and continue their investigation down other avenues."
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/DNA_Profiling?OpenDocument

On this issue, I don't recall it ever being discussed, but in one jailhouse visit with CA and GA, KC was talking about Caylee and said "she is the best of the four of us." That struck me very odd. Of course, you would include the grandparents as "part of the child", but why would you include your brother? Maybe I'm wrong, but I just found that quite peculiar.

Wouldn't the "best of the four of us" include 1. George, 2. Cindy, 3. Casey and 4. Caylee? That's what I've always thought. The way the sentence is structured, I would say if she meant LA as well, she would have said "she is better than the 4 of us."

If I remember correctly LA never thought he needed an attorney. Now he does???

If it were simply a matter of contracts, ect..why get a criminal defense attorney?

I think that there was a whole lot of issues being skirted by LE today. They didn't lay all their cards on the table by a long shot.

The minute that poor child's body was discovered there was a change in the behavior of the A's. They are reacting more out of self protection at this point, IMO.

I don't know what's up but I smell a rat, or two or three....:waitasec:

Can anyone who is saying that LA really needs an attorney explain to me why? Why does any person who is innocent of any involvement in a crime need defending?? You hire a defense attorney for one of two reasons..you think you may be accused of a crime, or you are sure you will be accused of a crime you either did or did not do. JMO

He didn't hire a lawyer. The company hired the lawyer, as a matter of course. It's routine. He was at work when he found the remains.

I was refering to Lee...not Kronk. Sorry I didn't make that clearer.

He may not need an attorney to defend him as much as to protect him from the bus that may shortly be careening in his direction. If Casey was your sister, would you trust her?

He may not need an attorney to defend him as much as to protect him from the bus that may shortly be careening in his direction. If Casey was your sister, would you trust her?

I agree. I think JB and company will definitely be throwing the rest of the Anthonys under the bus come trial time and try and put the whole blame on them and not KC.

Except Caylee, like Casey, is a very common Irish name. And, KC likes Irish-- note the shamrocks and the "Casey O'marie."

Go ahead and Google the name "Caylee." Sometimes spelled with a "K." It's common, Irish, fashionable. and it means "slender." Lots of people have it. Not all of them have brothers named "Lee," I'm guessing.
Caylee was killed because she was in KC's way, when KC wanted to party and sleep around. And, likely to get back at CA.

If KC married Tony, today, and had HIS baby, that child would be in deadly danger, when: 1) Tony paid what KC thought "too much" attention to the baby, 2) the baby got in the way of having fun, 3) KC got terribly angry at Toney, or 4) they split and KC ended up with a kid on her hands.

KC would be a danger to any inconvenient child. No deep, dark mystery needed.

Sorry to disappoint, but incest (againsty females) tends NOT to happen in a home where the women are dominent.

I agree that Caylee's name was probably chosen because it was a popular name. Casey might also have thought it was "cute" that it was her name and her brother's together...kind of a family name. In 2008, Caylee was ranked #19 of the top 100 names for baby girls.

http://www.babycenter.com/top-baby-names-2008

If I am reading it right LA lawyer is a criminal lawyer.

So I don't think he was retained for a book deal.

From what I have learned from the handwriting of all four family
members of the Anthony Family, G, Cd and L, can not continue to
live in the maze Cindy has created for years. That is why they all would seek and attorney. In my opinion, Casey has been the center
power of the family. It began so long ago, it became a way of life for all of them.
Rest in arms of God, Caylee. We will never forget you.
Mind Student

(snipped)
Sorry to disappoint, but incest (againsty females) tends NOT to happen in a home where the women are dominent.

Dominant women do initiate incestual contact. Especially mothers against sons. I would imagine a sociopathic would. They want what they want when they want it and they use sex as a tool.

Personally, IDK if Casey's claim about abuse is true. She lies alot.

Personally, IDK if Casey's claim about abuse is true. She lies alot.
The fact that the idea can even be entertained says a lot about the public perception of this family.

While on LKL - CA said that Caylee's father was from SC and was deceased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop