Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes its snows in April...
Sometimes it feels so bad ...
Sometimes I wish that life was never ending.
All good things they say never last....

[video=youtu;OaL4DCseY4Y]http://youtu.be/OaL4DCseY4Y[/video]

If anyone is looking for something to do tonight there's always this .....
He's at his finest...

[video=youtu;NWN39LvMhwU]http://youtu.be/NWN39LvMhwU[/video]

I think this is so beautiful - another love song for Mayte

[video=youtube;mj3o-hsELQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj3o-hsELQw[/video]

I think this is so beautiful - another love song for Mayte

[video=youtube;mj3o-hsELQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj3o-hsELQw[/video]

I love that one too...Sometimes it snows in April killed me today ....:-(

Sometimes its snows in April...
Sometimes it feels so bad ...
Sometimes I wish that life was never ending.
All good things they say never last....

[video=youtu;OaL4DCseY4Y]http://youtu.be/OaL4DCseY4Y[/video]
Gone... I love that song

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

I watched his video to Betcha by Golly Wow tonight ...the one where he gets paged to go to the hospital Mayte is there and he finds out she is pregnant for Gregory...his smile, his eyes...hers too...it was heart wrenching .
I always felt that he was never the same after that loss...and obviously neither was she ...So. Damn.Sad.
Then I thought, what if this 37 yr old really is his son and his mother never told him?
That would be so devastating to think about , he wanted to be a dad.
Then my son said, well , maybe he did know, maybe that's why there is no will...
Should be interesting.

It would be sad if he never knew :(

But your right, if he did it could be by design :thinking:

I'm going to be anxiously awaiting results.

~

[video=youtu;rfFXM6I8Sg4]http://youtu.be/rfFXM6I8Sg4[/video]

Well, not saying that's the case with the will , but it was interesting to,hear his take on it.
You know, I absolutely believe that people can die from a broken heart . I had an aunt and uncle who lost a couple of infants and remained childless. When he passed away , I travelled to Illinois for his funeral . I returned home on a Sunday and Tuesday at work I received a call that my aunt had passed.I will always believe she died of a broken heart, they were old school and she was 16 when they got married and it was just too much for her heart to take .

Oh my goodness Cubbeegirl, this is so sad and yet so beautiful. True love.

OMG what disturbing news. Just when you think the worst is over, we learn Prince was under doctors care for his withdrawal at the time of his death. Something just doesn't sound right.

So it appears that his flu like symptoms were most likely from withdrawal. Same with the lack of appetite. Then he got a hold of some Percocet and either took too many or mixed it with another prescription. It just seems like the medical emergency on April 20 wasn't handled very well. Don't want to put the blame just yet on the doctors as I don't have all the facts. BUT Prince's death was just so close to being avoided if he wasn't alone in that elevator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OMG what disturbing news. Just when you think the worst is over, we learn Prince was under doctors care for his withdrawal at the time of his death. Something just doesn't sound right.

So it appears that his flu like symptoms were most likely from withdrawal. Same with the lack of appetite. Then he got a hold of some Percocet and either took too many or mixed it with another prescription. It just seems like the medical emergency on April 20 wasn't handled very well. Don't want to put the blame just yet on the doctors as I don't have all the facts. BUT Prince's death was just so close to being avoided if he wasn't alone in that elevator.

Dr Drew said the same thing we all said... he could have went right close to home to Hazelton, and he said that if he was in serious but stable condition an ambulance should have been called...basically what we have all been thinking. So sad.

Dr Drew said the same thing we all said... he could have went right close to home to Hazelton, and he said that if he was in serious but stable condition an ambulance should have been called...basically what we have all been thinking. So sad.
Yep that's right. Even if Prince said no, Im ok he should have been taken to the hospital one way or the other or a doctor should have stayed with him the rest of the night. I know hindsight is 20/20.

If the Star Tribune article is accurate, then it feels as if things may have been mishandled from well before the 21st April.

The point of effective withdrawal treatment is that a basket of medicines is prescribed in the early stages to do everything possible to mitigate the awful withdrawal symptoms (usually in addition to an opiate substitute like methadone or buprenorphine). Or at least that is what happens in substance misuse services in the UK.

The dose of opiate substitute should be set to be equivalent to whatever the patient was originally taking and then stepped down very gradually, again to minimise withdrawal effects.

From the sound of it, whatever was being provided to Prince was not dealing with his physical withdrawal symptoms very well at all if his constant 'flu' symptoms were indeed a result of withdrawal. This would have provided a huge temptation to revert to the drug he was dependant on just to stop feeling so awful.

If the Star Tribune article is accurate, then it feels as if things may have been mishandled from well before the 21st April.

The point of effective withdrawal treatment is that a basket of medicines is prescribed in the early stages to do everything possible to mitigate the awful withdrawal symptoms (usually in addition to an opiate substitute like methadone or buprenorphine). Or at least that is what happens in substance misuse services in the UK.

The dose of opiate substitute should be set to be equivalent to whatever the patient was originally taking and then stepped down very gradually, again to minimise withdrawal effects.

From the sound of it, whatever was being provided to Prince was not dealing with his physical withdrawal symptoms very well at all if his constant 'flu' symptoms were indeed a result of withdrawal. This would have provided a huge temptation to revert to the drug he was dependant on just to stop feeling so awful.

And he could have been doing as my ex use to do with outpatient treatment , staying clean for intervals then relapsing .
His tolerance could have been lowered,Many OD that way.

And he could have been doing as my ex use to do with outpatient treatment , staying clean for intervals then relapsing .

Exactly!

Yes, Cubbeegirl.
It is very hard to quit any drug, especially if you are in pain not only from withdrawals, but the constant pain one feels once the meds are stopped, plus the cravings, debilitating anxiety, flu like symptoms, digestive tract mess, hot & cold sweats, prickly untouchable skin, sneezes so bad you are choking just trying to breathe, runny nose & eyes, vomiting & restless arms, legs & depression. I probably left something out, but y'all get the picture.
When you feel this way you will do anything in your power to stop it. I mean anything.
Bupe/subs is a wonderful drug that in my experience stops withdrawals in its tracks but you still have to deal with the emotional upheaval, depression and cravings. That's why it's good to be in an inpatient environment.
Methadone helps too but it takes at least 4-5 hrs to kick in. I have taken done but am terrified of the even more horrifying withdraw symptoms that last much longer. You just shake and your screwed. JMO

It pains me to think that Prince's legacy in some people's minds will be "just another addicted celebrity." I don't want his artistry and gifts reduced to as stuff of "just another addict." I don't want Prince dismissed like that.

I guess I can't control what people will think.

I do hope that his pain-killer problems will open conversations up. I wasn't a particular fan of Karen Carpenter, but her problems with anorexia seemed to bring the issue into the public arena. Rock Hudson with AIDS. Betty Ford with alcoholism. Etc.

We have many issues with over-abundance, addiction, dependence, etc. in our culture and I would like to see them addressed....and not shoved aside as something only weak or decadent people "deserve." Maybe Prince's issues will be a step forward. I wish he were here to write a song about it.

Yes, Cubbeegirl.
It is very hard to quit any drug, especially if you are in pain not only from withdrawals, but the constant pain one feels once the meds are stopped, plus the cravings, debilitating anxiety, flu like symptoms, digestive tract mess, hot & cold sweats, prickly untouchable skin, sneezes so bad you are choking just trying to breathe, runny nose & eyes, vomiting & restless arms, legs & depression. I probably left something out, but y'all get the picture.
When you feel this way you will do anything in your power to stop it. I mean anything.
Bupe/subs is a wonderful drug that in my experience stops withdrawals in its tracks but you still have to deal with the emotional upheaval, depression and cravings. That's why it's good to be in an inpatient environment.
Methadone helps too but it takes at least 4-5 hrs to kick in. I have taken done but am terrified of the even more horrifying withdraw symptoms that last much longer. You just shake and your screwed. JMO

I am not at all in favor of outpatient programs ... At least not for the first month or so . In fact I don't think 30 days is long enough in most cases . JMO

It pains me to think that Prince's legacy in some people's minds will be "just another addicted celebrity." I don't want his artistry and gifts reduced to as stuff of "just another addict." I don't want Prince dismissed like that.

I guess I can't control what people will think.

I do hope that his pain-killer problems will open conversations up. I wasn't a particular fan of Karen Carpenter, but her problems with anorexia seemed to bring the issue into the public arena. Rock Hudson with AIDS. Betty Ford with alcoholism. Etc.

We have many issues with over-abundance, addiction, dependence, etc. in our culture and I would like to see them addressed....and not shoved aside as something only weak or decadent people "deserve." Maybe Prince's issues will be a step forward. I wish he were here to write a song about it.

I know , I've heard and read some nasty comments about him and it hurts my heart .All hat is coming forward about how close to getting help is making his death hurt even worse .

Yes, Cubbeegirl.

I've never had an addiction problem, but have been through long, grueling months of cancer treatement - surgery, chemo, radiation, etc. Like other cancer patients, I know how grueling and painful it can be dealing with the side effects of chemo - months of illness, bone pain, digestive tract problems, mouth sores so bad you can barely even eat soup, debilitating depression, hair falling out, constant hot flashes, numbness in hands and feet, chemo brain so bad you can't remember your own phone number, fever, giving yourself shots in the stomach. Most of us go through that daily for months at a time. But we do it because we want to live, to raise our families and be with our friends.

Maybe it would help addicts to think of that, to really ask themselves how much they're willing to go through to kick their addiction. To think about other people who tolerate much worse problems for a much longer period of time for the same end result - to live. If we can tolerate that for months and, for some, years, you can do it, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member