Lets find the house that PI was digging and filming

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing the interview with Geraldo, they state same patch of "Woods"..which would mean woods in the same area of where the remains were found. Then I heard LP on N.G. last night that said the house was right down the street, something to that affect. I did a virtual earth search from Suburban to Hopespring and if you notice there is a body of water toward the upper left and a house that has a second house, maybe like a mother in law suite right behind it. It loops right back to the other side of Suburban. Could this be the abandoned house we are looking for?

Here is the map, you can zoom in to street and Ariel view.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...lMmMrRkwrMzI4MjktODY0Nl9fX2VfJnJ0b3A9MCU3ZTA=

Sorry guys, I'm with Bond on this one (except for the pool). I think it is a small retention pond. Below is a pic that shows cinderblock or concrete block construction. I don't see that in this house with vinyl siding or the out buildings.

I agree that the wooden porch railing, the for sale sign with some unbelieveably low price on it that someone posted about earlier, even the Pepsi machine is decades old - anyone freeze on the machine and try to see the cost? Probably a quarter! The high weeds they were walking in, etc. Makes me lean more towards the Dean Rd or even homes by Blanchard Park (there are some older ones in neighborhoods that are right in there). Here is the picture of the concrete block construction.

View attachment 1318

I thought K. Belich said the house wasn't in close walking distance to the house. It was a driving distance is what I thought Kathi said.

ETA: She may have said this on JVM earlier, but I'm sure she said it.

Sorry if this has been addressed already.

Yes, K Belich did say it was (paraphrasing) not a comfortable walk to the abandoned home, you had to drive to it.
What would a "comfortable walk" be? 1/2 hour to less than 1 hour?
Does anyone remember the day and place that TL picked her up not far from the A's house because she ran out of gas? She wasn't close enough to walk back home?
:confused:Am I imagining this event? It's not the picking her up at Amscot day, I belileve it occurred before.

Sorry guys, I'm with Bond on this one (except for the pool). I think it is a small retention pond. Below is a pic that shows cinderblock or concrete block construction. I don't see that in this house with vinyl siding or the out buildings.

I agree that the wooden porch railing, the for sale sign with some unbelieveably low price on it that someone posted about earlier, even the Pepsi machine is decades old - anyone freeze on the machine and try to see the cost? Probably a quarter! The high weeds they were walking in, etc. Makes me lean more towards the Dean Rd or even homes by Blanchard Park (there are some older ones in neighborhoods that are right in there). Here is the picture of the concrete block construction.

View attachment 1318

Respectfully....if that were cinder blocks, they would be staggared. Not in straight rows. Think of how brick are done. That looks like asbestos shingle siding to me. Background in construction here....lol :crazy:

Yes, K Belich did say it was (paraphrasing) not a comfortable walk to the abandoned home, you had to drive to it.
Does anyone remember the day and place that TL picked her up not far from the A's house because she ran out of gas? She wasn't close enough to walk back home?
:confused:Am I imagining this event? It's not the picking her up at Amscot day, I belileve it occurred before.

No, you are right. TL did pick KC up a street or two away from her house. I'm sure someone here knows but I'll try to find the info for ya.

The Pepsi logo on that machine came out in 1991 per the Pepsi website (a lot of interesting information unrelated to this case or much of anything in my world there). That logo was replaced in 1998, although of course you can still see machines with the old logo in use today.

That machine would have been MANUFACTURED ten to seventeen years ago. No telling when it would have been moved to long term storage on this porch.

OK, here ya go ... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1081&day=2008-6-23&c=4

<snip>
June 23 afternoon hours. Casey calls Tony, says she is out of gas in subdivision near her home. They break into shed, return to Casey's car, where she fills car with gas. He did not smell any odor while standing next to her car.
http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf
Beginning on page 46

The girl is LAZY. She can't even walk a few blocks to get a gas can.

SSB, Im thinking its something like this....

15myzk1.jpg

Anyone???
I agree. In Florida when we have heavy rains in the summer this is in retention ponds so when the water rises it redistributes the water to a different retention pond to prevent flooding. Although, the type we have in my area is a little higher but the grating in very similar and usually on the waters edge.

Respectfully....if that were cinder blocks, they would be staggared. Not in straight rows. Think of how brick are done. That looks like asbestos shingle siding to me. Background in construction here....lol :crazy:
I agree, this building is a "cracker" type of house. In the A's subdivision I would imagine that all of the houses have to be of a similar make. Mine is concrete block, all of the houses have to have barrel tile roofs, and we can only paint our houses a certain color per our Home Owners Association. I don't live in Orlando but I do live in Fl and most subdivisions follow similar standards to try to keep the neighborhood desirable. Only certain types of sheds are allowed (With a concrete slab) This house was either on the outskirts of the subdivision and the newer houses were built around it or as a previous poster stated in the Blanchard Park area.

OK, here ya go ... http://www.websleuths.com/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1081&day=2008-6-23&c=4

<snip>
June 23 afternoon hours. Casey calls Tony, says she is out of gas in subdivision near her home. They break into shed, return to Casey's car, where she fills car with gas. He did not smell any odor while standing next to her car.
http://www.wesh.com/download/2008/1126/18155354.pdf
Beginning on page 46

The girl is LAZY. She can't even walk a few blocks to get a gas can.
True, she's only blocks from home and calls TL to her rescue, who has to come from Univ/Goldenrod area.

Thank you
Interesting to me is the June 23 date, now I'm going back to find the dates Casey sent Amy the text messages about the "squirrels" stories, June 24 comes to mind.
Also TL said Casey was near a subdivision near hers which she uses to cut thru to get home and that she was found walking south on Chickasaw Trail. I'd be interested to know exactly where, which steet her car "ran out of gas"
I'm wondering if this abadoned home is any where along that possible route?
I'm looking at maps of Chickasaw Trail heading south between Curry Ford and Suburban drive.

I can't take it anymore!!!! I'm going over there and just drive around. If there is anywhere in particular that you want photos of, let me know pretty soon. I'm going to get ready and head out. Guess I'll pop a DVD in the car for my 3 year old to watch while I drive him around Orlando! That doesn't make me a bad mom, does it? :)

I can't take it anymore!!!! I'm going over there and just drive around. If there is anywhere in particular that you want photos of, let me know pretty soon. I'm going to get ready and head out. Guess I'll pop a DVD in the car for my 3 year old to watch while I drive him around Orlando! That doesn't make me a bad mom, does it? :)

If you are able, I would like to see photos of the porch. The porch in the video wraps around and I do not see this in the house that everyone seems to think is The House.

I know I'm being lazy, but I need to get out of here soon if I'm going to do this before I have to pick up my daughter from school....

So, what is the address of the party house (16 acres)?

And the other house is 8718 Brack...?

Anything else?

Since I'll have my son with me, I won't be able to do anything other than drive around and take photos of the obvious stuff (no walking around lakes or anything like that). If there is something that looks promising and would benefit from additional photos, I can go back alone tomorrow while he is in school.

~Michelle

On NG the reporter stated that the PI said they were about 150 feet from the ACTUAL remains site and on the same side of the road in the video... so that should narrow it down a great deal considering there is only a few places they could be if you rule out anything not on that side of the road and a distance greater than 150 feet.

My eyes are starting to play tricks on me now :waitasec:

I know I'm being lazy, but I need to get out of here soon if I'm going to do this before I have to pick up my daughter from school....

So, what is the address of the party house (16 acres)?

And the other house is 8718 Brack...?

Anything else?

Since I'll have my son with me, I won't be able to do anything other than drive around and take photos of the obvious stuff (no walking around lakes or anything like that). If there is something that looks promising and would benefit from additional photos, I can go back alone tomorrow while he is in school.

~Michelle

First I want to say Thank You so much for checking these areas out!

37 S.Dean Road Owned by Mike16acres..M.L.

8718 Brackenwood? Not to sure about this one.

I also keep wondering about the abandoned Oviedo house, I have no address on that though.

First I want to say Thank You so much for checking these areas out!

37 S.Dean Road Owned by Mike16acres..M.L.

8718 Brackenwood? Not to sure about this one.

I also keep wondering about the abandoned Oviedo house, I have no address on that though.

Thanks for getting these for me. I'm also not sure about that Brackenwood house...I think it is way too rundown for that neighborhood. BUT, as hard as this is to believe, I have been wrong before! :)

As for the Oviedo house, I live in Oviedo, so if we get an address for that one I can check it out anytime.

~m

I live on a lake, it looks like the housing we have on the irrigation pump for watering the lawn (don't forget we have severe watering restrictions here), if we use lake water instead of city water for watering the grass and plants we can water more often (only at night).

My bet is that's what that is.

I agree. In Florida when we have heavy rains in the summer this is in retention ponds so when the water rises it redistributes the water to a different retention pond to prevent flooding. Although, the type we have in my area is a little higher but the grating in very similar and usually on the waters edge.

Thank you to you both for clearing this up for me.:blowkiss:

Thanks for getting these for me. I'm also not sure about that Brackenwood house...I think it is way too rundown for that neighborhood. BUT, as hard as this is to believe, I have been wrong before! :)

As for the Oviedo house, I live in Oviedo, so if we get an address for that one I can check it out anytime.

~m

I, personally, am intrested in the Brackenwood house. To me it seems very plausable. If you could get pictures of front and back...esp. the back I think that we would be able to know if this is the correct house.

TIA and be careful out there!!:blowkiss:

Wish I was in Orlando & I'd go on a road trip with you :)

You know it's amazing, I'm sitting here reading everyone giving their input, trying their hardest to figure out where this darn house is...it's cinder block, it's this kind of siding, it's a Pepsi machine dated....., it's spindles from a railing from this time period, jumping in their car with kids in tow--- and it's really amazing that people care enough to want to all pitch in and figure all this out. :blowkiss:

Then we have the stark contrast of Miss KC, who's sitting in her jail cell eating granola bars.

......ok, rant over (but it was a good rant)...now back to searching :)

I'm trying to find where this was, but there was house that Amy said she stayed at. Onveida, or something similar. Anyone recall this?
Note to self...try reading the posts before typing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23