Lets find the house that PI was digging and filming

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
8718Brackenwood.jpg

I don't know, it's close, definitely, and the backyard has a couple of outbuildings/possibly truck like in the video, but the front view looks much better kept than the video, and why would a Pepsi machine be on the back of a residential home?

I agree pond. looks like man made around the edge.

This area looks a lot like Greenwood. Not in the Cemetery section but more towards the wetlands. The are some homes near the area but there is also a white maintenance building nearby. I also think that there may be at a least a couple of outbuildings. This area is also a teen hang out/make out spot.

*snipped*

OK...taking a page from Georgia PI's book, I made a crude collaboration map on Google Maps based on the above information. The map is supposed to allow anyone to edit it...so...beware...you have the power (supposedly).

On the map I drew radii lines for ~8.2miles (blue) and ~4.7miles (green). These correspond to 14 minutes / 35mph (blue) and / 20mpg (green) as estimates of in-town ave. speed.

FWIW, in the Sticky Forum I did a statistical analysis on cell pings comparing the data from 6/3-6/6 vs. 6/10-6/13 which suggested that Casey was @ a location more northeastern during 6/10 than she was 6/3 (G&C's) - but - still served by the same cell towers. Lee's home fit this location leading me to speculate she used his home while, perhaps, he was outta town. Prior to that many (incl. me) speculated she has used the house in Oviedo to keep Caylee since it was not in use during that period. FYI...for the purpose of the PI video the Oviedo house is out of range (still involved IMHO, but, not in the PI video). Sooo....based on the cell pings...I recommend scrutinizing the northeastern quadrant of the grid shown on this map first.

If Georgia PI, or others more capable than I w/ Google Maps, can use circles to better convey the radii that would help.

Also, keep in mind that Google Maps image is a year or two old. Which may not be a factor for an older home, still, FYI.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=104911739131657185086.0004604b04c5a84b2de99

Bond
The Orange County Property Database for Taxes have a GSI map that you can use and it gives aerial view of either 2007 or 2008. You have to know the property address or at least a street name/ intersection and then you can go address by address and see if any thing fits your search parameters but I have found it quite helpful in looking at property. Gives you boundary lines and a measure ring tool. Choose Search Maps on the main page and then use the tool bar on the leftside of the map page.

http://www.ocpafl.org/

Any ideas on the contents of this shed? If this is a business perhaps the equipment here could be identified and give us a clue.

picture.php
the quality is killing me. a poster mentioned seeing a good quality version a little while ago, anyone have a link to a better quality?

I hear ya, but look at the back porch railings, looks more like residential than business, but sometimes buildings built as homes are used later as businesses.

It almost looks like those places that sell fishing stuff and they seem to always have a pop machine on the front porch. I don't know if I'm describing it correctly.

ETA: I see a few were talking Bait shops. I couldn't think of the word.

Here's the code for vacant properties: 8600. That may narrow it down somehow.

Any ideas on the contents of this shed? If this is a business perhaps the equipment here could be identified and give us a clue.

picture.php

Could that be some kind of heavy duty harness type eye bolt? In the back there is a cardboard box which looks as though it might have writing on it-- If someone can zoom in and sharpen it would really help.

This area looks a lot like Greenwood. Not in the Cemetery section but more towards the wetlands. The are some homes near the area but there is also a white maintenance building nearby. I also think that there may be at a least a couple of outbuildings. This area is also a teen hang out/make out spot.
which Greenwood, road, street ?? there are several listed.

the quality is killing me. a poster mentioned seeing a good quality version a little while ago, anyone have a link to a better quality?

I know! I would be trying to help figure things out, but I can't stand the quality. I can't tell what is going on in the video. I hope we can view a better quality one soon.

I posted this in the discussion of the video thread but will respost it here in case it helps. In September during the searches OSCO asked TES to search abandoned military housing based on the fact that Casey made a call from that location.

That property is currently owned by the city and it looks like there we can see city traffic warning signs in the video. I think this is also in keeping with the industrial type of feel. The comments I found about the area said it contained several abandoned buildings, vandalized type of area.

The other area I thought might be of interest and is more than close enough is the area George was spotted staring off into the woods in October.

I posted this in the discussion of the video thread but will respost it here in case it helps. In September during the searches OSCO asked TES to search abandoned military housing based on the fact that Casey made a call from that location.

That property is currently owned by the city and it looks like there we can see city traffic warning signs in the video. I think this is also in keeping with the industrial type of feel. The comments I found about the area said it contained several abandoned buildings, vandalized type of area.

The other area I thought might be of interest and is more than close enough is the area George was spotted staring off into the woods in October.
Do you know where the military housing is?

Do you remember any more specific info about the vacant mil. housing, so we could do a mapsearch?

Did anyone look at the thread that Cocoamom posted several months ago about the church? IIRC, there was a body of water and a shed right next to it. There was also heavy equipment/trucks nearby as well. some WSr's went out and tromped through some vegetation in/around this area without entering the church property ... I'm going to search for her thread bc she had lots of pics posted of this church area

I do believe I found the address of the house you guys are looking for, I have been following this thread and trying to figure out how to find it. I am still looking at the map to see if there is water, that is the only thing I forgot to confirm from the map. BRB 2mins

Do you know where the military housing is?

I am not from the area but based on what I could find last night it specified naval housing, the navy closed a large base in 1995, the city had big plans to turn the area into a private housing community but that failed. It was the McCoy Annex. The OSCO/TES comments stated that they were searching off Beachline. Beachline becomes Beeline and intersects with Boggy Creek Road. Hopefully someone more local can give us a landmark to start from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett