Letter mailed to forensic unit from unknown person

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya know, the sad part is that we may never know. It just really seems strange to me that there would be a reference to that letter where it really made very little sense. Plus we've not heard or read anything else about it. It's just like they let out this little snippet, kind of like a "nanner nanner nanner" to the defense.

While I'm sure that OCSO has been 100% by the book on this investigation. There is a little wiggle room in the discovery process to send a little message without totally tipping their hand (meaning the SA's office, who is actually in charge of releasing the documents to the defense).

I wonder if this letter has anything to do with the wallet that was found at the crime scene. Maybe this is why DC was really out there, placing a wallet to throw out some reasonable doubt!

Ya know, the sad part is that we may never know. It just really seems strange to me that there would be a reference to that letter where it really made very little sense. Plus we've not heard or read anything else about it. It's just like they let out this little snippet, kind of like a "nanner nanner nanner" to the defense.

While I'm sure that OCSO has been 100% by the book on this investigation. There is a little wiggle room in the discovery process to send a little message without totally tipping their hand (meaning the SA's office, who is actually in charge of releasing the documents to the defense).

I definitely think we will get to know more about that anonymous letter if it's anything of significance.

I'm sure those little snippets that are being released are making the defense and KC feel like they're dying a very slow death. Would love to know if KC has gotten wind of this new discovery release. I love envisioning her in the fetal position and being skeeered to death after what she did to Caylee.

I wonder if this letter has anything to do with the wallet that was found at the crime scene. Maybe this is why DC was really out there, placing a wallet to throw out some reasonable doubt!

The wallet might be incidental trash. Neighborhood kid finds this guys wallet in the street, picks it up, grabs all the cash out of it and tosses the rest in the swamp instead of returning it to the owner.

I haven't been on the wallet thread too much tonight, but my first thought was - wouldn't LE immediately locate the owner of this wallet and question him about how the wallet may have ended up at the remains site?

Also, if they are still investigating this letter, they certainly don't have to turn over anything yet.

The way I read the statement in the forensics report....the original letter was addressed to LA. These were copies of that letter, so it could of been sent by anyone that had access to the letter to copy it.

Probably a pretty short list.

I also think this may be a slick way of letting the defense know that they've got a letter from their client describing where she dumped the body. Might even cause someone to have stomach pains bad enough to go to the hospital. KWIM? This also might explain Ms KC's reaction when the body was found "This can't be happening"....because I told them where to find the body and they were supposed to move it. I guess KC's description wasn't good enough for DC and JH to find.

This may also explain why the Anthony's have not seen KC since the body was found, and may also explain why JB hadn't seen her since the memorial. She may be pouting!

Speaking of the SW and retrieving stuff from the Ant home. Remember all those white binders Lee and Cindy were seen carrying around? I would LUUUUVVVV to know if LE got ahold of those!

thats what I want to know...along with the "hacking" into ca's computer around about that time....hmmmmmmmmmmm Kathy B was aware of that one as well........

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740668/detail.html page 52

On 12-15-08 I received a letter that had been mailed to the Forensic Unit by an unknown person.

Any idea what this could be?

what page is that on?? I have looked and looked and cannot find it... maybe my eyes are just shot from all the reading yesterday.. but I appreciate anyone that can help me find the reference made to the letter..

what page is that on?? I have looked and looked and cannot find it... maybe my eyes are just shot from all the reading yesterday.. but I appreciate anyone that can help me find the reference made to the letter..

Page 3393 - right under the list of times and dates

The way I read the statement in the forensics report....the original letter was addressed to LA. These were copies of that letter, so it could of been sent by anyone that had access to the letter to copy it.

Probably a pretty short list.

I also think this may be a slick way of letting the defense know that they've got a letter from their client describing where she dumped the body. Might even cause someone to have stomach pains bad enough to go to the hospital. KWIM? This also might explain Ms KC's reaction when the body was found "This can't be happening"....because I told them where to find the body and they were supposed to move it. I guess KC's description wasn't good enough for DC and JH to find.

Would casey really put the location of the body down on paper ? She would have to know she would fry for that . Doesnt the jail monitor incoming and outgoing mail ? If JB took the letter to lee wouldnt he then be in trouble for knowing the truth and still defending her ?

To get the body the he!! out of there and dumped in a better location. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Kronk found it before DC did.

why would people risk thier own freedom and thier carreres to protect casey and hide cayless body ?? I dont get it

Maybe.... it was from someone who SAW something/someone involved in the case??

No small problem either. But, it could very well be the reason for the statement "Lee knows what he's done". But tell me again, who sends it anonymously to LE? or did it merely say "received" anonymously?
This is what I was thinking, this could very well be the problem the LE is talking about with LA. Who sent it...? If it was jail personell and they were going through the letter, which they have every right to do, I doubt they would send it anonymously. Humm, amazing that the media kept the lid on this.

Well, it could mean one of three things. We HAVE heard about it, just don't know it (where the info came from), or LE asked the media to put a lid on it, or it's nothing worth noting. Just strange they didn't actually have the letter in the docs.

If it was from JoyW, no doubt it was dismissed by media as well.

This is what I was thinking, this could very well be the problem the LE is talking about with LA. Who sent it...? If it was jail personell and they were going through the letter, which they have every right to do, I doubt they would send it anonymously. Humm, amazing that the media kept the lid on this.

Hi There Search! Nice to run into you.

What if this letter wasn't from KC? What if it was a 'I know what you did' letter? Someone who saw something who doesn't want to be involved? They write the letter and copy it to LE and media so that the info gets out without them coming forward? Just a thought!

Ok....here's my speculation on it.

It's weird that this pops up in the middle of a forensics report that has nothing to do with anything.

How about this theory. KC sent a letter to Lee A. describing exactly where she dumped the body. The letter is hand delivered to Lee via JB (possibly DC or JH). The letter is in the Hopespring house, it is shown to CA, she sends DC and JH on a mission to find the body on 11/15/08. Someone got a hold of the letter and photocopied it (maybe DC, more likely JH, maybe Mallory or even GA). They send the letter anonymously to OCSO and a person in the media (say Kathi B). OCSO calls KB and asks her to keep the letter quiet for a while (she complies cause she doesn't want her career going down in flames for one scoop). Now notice who JH went to with the tape....WFTV...legal analyst BIll Sheaffer. It all adds up, the only problem is proving it without seeing the letter.

That's my theory....tear it apart!

No! I love this!! I awoke with the same thoughts, sort of. Mine went to a confession and apology, or apology, but I love your theory!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo