local media's first home tour and presser 10/27/11 **cancelled**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish this case was about to blow, but I don't have my hopes up. I think JT put the kibosh on Short's plans today. I think she's the "face" but he's calling the shots from on high. Nothing more than that.

However, I hope I am wrong and get to eat a huge plate of crow.

IMO

Do you have any ideas about why JT might do that? And why now?

Katie Ferrell just tweeted that ALL media events cancelled through weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! including this tour and preser more to come!!!!!
OMG!! WTH??

My guess is that something major is happening behind the scenes. You just don't cancel everything like this! Of course my first thought is are we going to see an arrest today? But if she anticipated an arrest, she would be wanting a press conference soon after. So maybe that isn't it.

So I may not know what is going on behind the scenes, but I believe it is something major.

Well, not this time, anyway.

Lol, maybe 'cause he's not in on the representation and control of this situation.

We don't know why this "presser" was announced or canceled. However, it appears it was the local attorney's presser, therefore the local attorney made the decision to cancel and gave a lame excuse. Maybe she had another case come up in Court that is unrelated, maybe she is sick, maybe any number of reasons, but we are not being told whatever the reason is.

I have to say, I know the Irwin/Bradley family did not pick the lawyers, someone picked the lawyers for them or the lawyers did it themselves, but the local one is not helping matters any. Perhaps one of the larger media groups can help her on her choice of actions and words, or perhaps everyone thinks she is appealing to the local people of Kansas City, IDK. I just think she should stop typing, talking, and touring, she's not helping by being vocal and visible at this point.

My guess is that something major is happening behind the scenes. You just don't cancel everything like this! Of course my first thought is are we going to see an arrest today? But if she anticipated an arrest, she would be wanting a press conference soon after. So maybe that isn't it.

So I may not know what is going on behind the scenes, but I believe it is something major.

I don't know...lawyers play so many games. It is easy to announce a step they will take to make them look "cooperative" to get those headlines, only to cancel later...the headlines about them cooperating will still be out there and maybe people will overlook the cancellation of that "cooperation." Just a load of BS IMO, JMO, ETC.

Lol, maybe 'cause he's not in on the representation and control of this situation.

We don't know why this "presser" was announced or canceled. However, it appears it was the local attorney's presser, therefore the local attorney made the decision to cancel and gave a lame excuse. Maybe she had another case come up in Court that is unrelated, maybe she is sick, maybe any number of reasons, but we are not being told whatever the reason is.

I have to say, I know the Irwin/Bradley family did not pick the lawyers, someone picked the lawyers for them or the lawyers did it themselves, but the local one is not helping matters any. Perhaps one of the larger media groups can help her on her choice of actions and words, or perhaps everyone thinks she is appealing to the local people of Kansas City, IDK. I just think she should stop typing, talking, and touring, she's not helping by being vocal and visible at this point.

I agree this lawyer should stop talking. She really has done nothing but make this whole situation look worse and worse.

It's a shame this family didn't hook up with the right people from the beginning. It could have changed everything.

I think they all got their invitations to the Grand Jury.

I would be so pleased if this were the case! The parents would have to answer the questions put forth. Then there will be a literal hail storm if either attempted to take the 5th.

MOO

Do you have any ideas about why JT might do that? And why now?
The presser might back Short into a corner on questions, reveal discrepancies and JT thinks it's too big a risk. On why now...the boys are going to be re-interviewed - don't want to give LE anything inadvertently via a presser, even if DB and JI are innocent.

I think it was about xnaying the presser, the house tour is collateral damage.

All just my opinion, of course.

I agree this lawyer should stop talking. She really has done nothing but make this whole situation look worse and worse.

It's a shame this family didn't hook up with the right people from the beginning. It could have changed everything.

Who would be the "right people" for this kind of a situation? And why do these parents need to "hook up" with such people if they are parents of a kidnapped child?

I would be so pleased if this were the case! The parents would have to answer the questions put forth. Then there will be a literal hail storm if either attempted to take the 5th.

MOO

I would move in that direction if I were LE. Subpeona the parents and let the Grand Jury sort it out.

They don't want to give a press conference prior to the boys's interviews and the results of tests that might reveal more discrepancies.

Will they even be taking the boys in for an interview? In her statement she said she was cancelling all appoints until next week.

I think the "tour" was such a ridiculous idea. What was she thinking? :banghead: The one she did after the search caused such a stir in the media and message boards. People were analyzing every detail in the home.

I hope JT told her to stop the BS.....and yes including talking and typing. :banghead:

The Grand Jury won't subpeona the "suspects" or "whoever the indictment is being requested for". So, I don't think the parents got any Grand Jury subpeonas.

I think this has everything to do with the forward progress of the investigation. This progress has been moved to the CSI labs (behind the scenes for us). The lab has now gotten some results of whatever evidence LE took in the SW (which we don't know).

I said before - I do believe that CS gotten an early morning phone call that contained some "interesting" information about the investigation and she now has some actual work to do instead of getting on-camera and giving house tours. KWIM?

Wonder if we'll hear anything by the end of the day - or will we have to wait until tomorrow - after the boys interview?

The presser might back Short into a corner on questions, reveal discrepancies and JT thinks it's too big a risk. On why now...the boys are going to be re-interviewed - don't want to give LE anything inadvertently via a presser.

That makes a lot of sense, actually. It fits in with the "daily press releases". That way the lawyers can put out any information/misinformation they like without having to answer uncomfortable questions about it.

Well, it only makes sense if you're guilty though.

It also quite possible that JI and DB agreed to this presser, then changed their minds, and left CS swinging in the wind.

CG, I think the problem is that they didn't stay hooked up with LE. :(

:lol:

I feel another box of wine coming on... it's almost the weekend, what of it!?!

This doesn't bother me in the least, they are so transparent it's embarrassing! I bet Short thought they would cooperate with HER, but NO-- they do what they want and when. It's okay though, because meanwhile, over at the forensics lab, LE is meticulously going through all that evidence.

Don't forget we have a cadaver dog hit... rest assured a lot is getting done at this very moment.

MOO

Tell It Like It Is...: JMHO

The presser might back Short into a corner on questions, reveal discrepancies and JT thinks it's too big a risk. On why now...the boys are going to be re-interviewed - don't want to give LE anything inadvertently via a presser, even if DB and JI are innocent.

To add to that, I think JT is being paid by the national networks getting all the "exclusives". The purpose of putting him on this was for him to control all access to information by the press. He needed a local lawyer to make it legit but I don't think he wants that local lawyer to do anything on her own.

I think the key word here is that all media appointments in Kansas City have been cancelled. We will likely still see JT and BS on the spin tour from other areas.

MOO

Who would be the "right people" for this kind of a situation? And why do these parents need to "hook up" with such people if they are parents of a kidnapped child?

The "right" people are child abduction experts who can guide the parents and help them utilize the media, LE, community resources, and professional search groups in an effort to find their child. People who can help them organize all those resources and use them to maximum benefit.

Putting all your eggs in the basket of defense attornies leaves all those resources untapped and unutilized. It's fine to have an attorney, but you have to realize the attorney is only one resource and his/her only priority is defending your legal rights. Your attorney is only a small piece of the pie and letting all those other resources slip through your fingers is not particularly wise.

Will they even be taking the boys in for an interview? In her statement she said she was cancelling all appoints until next week.

I didn't pick up on the boys' interview being cancelled. That's could be very telling. I really do think lab results are starting to come in. Maybe the boys's interview is not as pressing and their DNA is not so critical--JMO.

I wish this case was about to blow, but I don't have my hopes up. I think JT put the kibosh on Short's plans today. I think she's the "face" but he's calling the shots from on high. Nothing more than that.

However, I hope I am wrong and get to eat a huge plate of crow.

IMO
I didn't even think of that!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3