long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why didnt they call the guy that was in the bar/restaurant where there was music, she frequented and she borrowed money from him to make the trip?

He said on an interview she was emphatic, she needed money to get to Travis before he went on this trip.

she then had the money to pay him back, she had 200 in a check he didn't cash, she even called back after the crime to see if they could find that.

Is it because whatever Jodi told him is hearsay ?

or something. He was pushing her buttons and it worked. A meek, non-assertive, abused woman on the witness stand would not be copping an attitude toward the mean Prosecutor. She would likely break down in tears, not play word games and engage in verbal sparring. Juan broke open her sweet little facade and exposed her to the jury and all the experts in the world can't make Jodi Dumpty back into a meek, shaking chihuahua again.

The one day I wondered why Juan started sparring with her, sort of down on her crude level. Quoting all of her vulgar texts, the tape etc.

But now I see that he knew she loved discussing the sex stuff. She loved regaling the courtroom with her knowledge and prowess and reliving the power she felt when in her head she controlled Travis. This was the day she kept repeating how much she enjoyed the sex. That it was all consensual.

Juan set her up all during her cross. So now her expert looks foolish describing her as not assertive, lacking self esteem etc.

Juan really is three steps ahead of everyone else in the courtroom.

Yes. The dr said 1st she would have no memories as she didn't form any, then he said she may have foggy memories then JW lead him back to she would have zero memories. Welp... so instead of a u curve (the drs drawing) it would be a double u curve according to JA's testimony.:)

Ha. I know. But then again, Jodi keeps saying she remembers the sound of the knife clanging on the tile and screaming and then putting the knife in the dishwasher. So that messes up his theory that she didn't 'form' any memories.

So he had to go back to ' some foggy memories' might exist then.

I want to put an end to the whole debate as to whether and why Jodi would bring a knife and a gun with her -- Here is why along with supporting evidence: Jodi planned all along to kill Travis with a knife and a gun in order to make it look like TWO people killed him because a two-person attack would almost certainly eliminate single jealous lovers such as Jodi as suspects. The fact that Jodi wanted it to look like two people killed Travis also explains why Jodi shot Travis after she already had slit his throat and he was surely dead or dying. The proof that this was her intent all along lies in her own words - when she called Detective Flores before she was arrested, at the end of the call she made sure she asked whether he thought it was more than one person who attacked Travis. She made a big point of asking him if it was more than one killer. She claims that was the rumor at the time, and she just wanted to ask Flores if that was true. But I bet you cannot find one person who told her that rumor. In fact, the cops thought all along that it was Jodi. So, once again, she brought the knife and the gun to make it look like a brutal attack beyond something that she would or could have done alone. Once they thought it was two suspects, she figured she would be out of the line of suspicion.

You are so right about that. Please send that to HLN, never mind --they like the drama too much. Omg, this woman planned this out so much, I hope whoever writes the book, well --Ann Rule needs to do it. She seems to get how those sociopaths think, act and deceive. Hopefully someone like her and a local good journalist will partner together.

and she asked if it was a gun or a knife involved. I thought how stupid, you just gave yourself away on weapons. Flores also told her that a woman almost took him and another officer down one time, so size didn't matter---that went over Jodi's head.

She could have brought the knife with her, or planned to use one from his house.

It is still 1st degree premeditated murder.

My results

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Screening Test

Related Links
Hotline Phone Numbers
Request Appointment
Screening Tests

Screening Results
Your Score = 12

You are likely suffering from post traumatic stress; please contact us for more information

Funny, Steph! I must go to that link and take it too.

I found part of the test Jodi took-wow.

PTSD TEST_Jodi Ann Arias_TEST RESULTS
(Patient's answers in red, with her comments)

This PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) test will help determine if you have
the symptoms of PTSD and whether you should seek a diagnosis or treatment for
PTSD from a qualified doctor or mental health professional.

1) Have you experienced or been exposed to a traumatic event?
Yes (I planned it.)
No

2) During the traumatic event, did you experience or witness serious injury
or death, or the threat of injury or death?
Yes (I actually photographed it because I am a professional.)
No

3) During the traumatic event did you feel
intense fear, helplessness, and/or horror?
Yes
No (To be honest, is it ok to say I was turned on?)

4) Do you regularly experience intrusive thoughts or images about the traumatic event?
Yes (That's the best part about it.)
No

5) Do you sometimes feel like you are re-living the event or that it is happening
all over again?
Yes
No (I wish!! Knew I shoulda done a video.)

6) Do you have recurrent nightmares or distressing dreams about the traumatic event?
Yes
No (Dreams, yes, but they're sexy.)

7) Do you feel intense distress when something reminds you of the traumatic
event, whether it's something you think about or something in you see?
Yes
No (I wish I could feel something...)

8) Do you try to avoid thoughts, feelings, or conversations that remind you of
the traumatic event?
Yes
No (I try and remember every moment of my grand plan.)

9) Are you unable to remember something important about the traumatic event?
Yes (I wish I could remember where I put that dam knife so I could get it ready for
that a__hole Martinez.)

No

10) Since the trauma took place, do you feel less interested in activities or hobbies
that you once enjoyed?
Yes
No (Not really, I am enjoying being a lesbo. All my new
friends are so stupid tho')

11) Since the trauma took place, do you feel distant from other people or have
difficulty trusting them?
Yes (Everyone I trusted has betrayed me. I can't
wait to get my hands on MM.)

No

12) Since the trauma took place, do you have difficulty experiencing or showing emotions?
Yes
No (What emotions?)

13) Do you feel that your future will not be "normal" -- that you won't have a career,
marriage, children, or a normal life span?
Yes (Thanks to that m___er f____er Travis. We woulda
had kids with big lips and Angelina would be soo jealous.)

No

14) Have you felt irritable or have you had outbursts of anger?
Yes
No (Not really. Only when you betray me, or if you're stupid.)

15) Have you had difficulty concentrating, since the trauma?
Yes
No (Concentrating on sex? Yes.)

16) Do you feel guilty because others died or were
hurt during the traumatic event but you survived it?
Yes
No (Guilty! As if. Why should I, it wasn't MY fault.)

17) Do you often feel jumpy or startle easily?
Yes
No (Do I look like I startle easily?)

18) Do you often feel hyper-vigilant, that is, are you constantly feeling and
acting ready for any kind of threat?
Yes (I am SUPER hiperliteral to. Everyone says I have a stelar vocabulary.)
No

I want to put an end to the whole debate as to whether and why Jodi would bring a knife and a gun with her -- Here is why along with supporting evidence: Jodi planned all along to kill Travis with a knife and a gun in order to make it look like TWO people killed him because a two-person attack would almost certainly eliminate single jealous lovers such as Jodi as suspects. The fact that Jodi wanted it to look like two people killed Travis also explains why Jodi shot Travis after she already had slit his throat and he was surely dead or dying. The proof that this was her intent all along lies in her own words - when she called Detective Flores before she was arrested, at the end of the call she made sure she asked whether he thought it was more than one person who attacked Travis. She made a big point of asking him if it was more than one killer. She claims that was the rumor at the time, and she just wanted to ask Flores if that was true. But I bet you cannot find one person who told her that rumor. In fact, the cops thought all along that it was Jodi. So, once again, she brought the knife and the gun to make it look like a brutal attack beyond something that she would or could have done alone. Once they thought it was two suspects, she figured she would be out of the line of suspicion.

Very Interesting. You could be absolutely right about this.

also think about this:

Nurmi and Wilmott have billed $838,000 for JAs defense

JM makes a salary (let's just guess $200,000) and he is handling other cases too!

There should be a limit of payment when taxpapers are paying for it.:banghead:

A. LaViolence is probably a quack too.
Well there is that whole Snow White as abuse victim debacle.

I'm honestly really torn on her. She has an impressive CV and has done a heck of a lot to help abuse victims.

But as an advocate you simply can't pick and choose who victims are - they come in all sizes, shapes, colors, and genders. I meet her inability to acknowledge Travis as a victim of intimate partner abuse turned homicide with absolute disdain.

By choosing to testify in Jodi's defense she is willingly ignoring many of Jodi's behaviors very consistent with abusive personalities. Of course, her testimony is likely to be, based on her continuum, 'Common Couple Aggression' or 'High Conflict Relationship' if she concedes to Jodi's behaviors at all. :banghead:

Does anyone know what Juan's first question to Jodi was?

It was about Jodi calling her sister "stupid" I didn't think it was a great way to start but at this point in time he could have asked that witch anything and it would have been A-Ok

Is this your dumb sister? LMAO

That was really priceless because he shocked everyone, including her! "My sister isn't dumb!" He succeeded in ticking her off right off the bat...and then it just went from there. I remember being in shock because I had never seen a lawyer do that.

I agree with who said the Haircut question probably came from the same Juror that ask the *advertiser censored* question :)

This defense "expert" makes me laugh.

I work in clinical research and audit hundreds of these psych tests and assessments weekly. If the instructions for the respondents and assessors are not strictly adhered to, the data can not be used within the clinical trial. We call these Protocol Violations. In these cases, a note-to-file would need to be completed by the assessor or rater explaining why the instructions were not adhered to and the corrective action for prevention of future violations or deviations in the future. This document would be signed and dated by the assessor and filed in the participant's file. A copy of the document would also be sent to the companies (pharmaceutical), central file which keeps copies of every document within the trial regarding violations and deviations.

Here's a couple of many possible Protocol Violations that renders data useless:

- Using pencil.
This is document use 101. ALL clinical notes, tests, assessments, corrections, everything must be completed in ink. In medical records, using pencil, white out, or scribbles to obscure a revised word or number would render the data useless.
Lets say the participant inadvertently circled reaponse 1 instead of 2, the response would need to be lined through as to not obscure the original response, then the revised response completed agar to the initial response, initialed and dated by the person who completed the response keeping in mind the the assessor can not revise the participants response, must be done at the time of the assessment and corrected as detailed above by the participant. Corrections can't be completed after the day of the assessment or test. Lol

-Using a "handmade" response form for a standardized test and transferring raw data by the assessor.
I laughed out loud when I saw legal pad pages with JAs responses...in pencil!!!! Did she even sign and date these pages, Lol...and to top it off...the transfer of raw data by RS from the handmade form...in pencil...to the answer/response....in pencil...lol. In addition, to not have the entirety of the original test/scale/assessment, which includes the responses, signed and dated by both the assessor and participant.....in INK....stapled and all pages accounted for...1 of 1, 2 of 2, etc...filed in the participants file makes my brain scramble.

I could go on and on...

Lets just say, for clinical trials, if the FDA stopped by and audited files like this, which they can do at any time as federal officers, RS would be visibly shaking. If one person is consistently found in violation, the FDA could revoke their professional license for a lifetime. The worst part, the integrity of the data could place the validity of all data within the clinical trial in jeopardy.

There must be protocols for medical expert assessments, in record keeping, hired by the state for their data to be admissible in a trial. I can't wrap my head around the fact that anything he touched is admissible in this murder trial.

But why did the prosecution allow this into trial? One of my hypothesis:HHJP: is that it gives JM a lot to play with. Also, it doesn't look very good that the state hired RS, even though he is a defense expert.

By the way, has anyone put together a picture of JW with an outline of her mono color skirt suit that you can click to change the color and also change the rotation of her "bold" necklaces and sling backs...like the metallic gold she wore today! It think it would be a lot of fun to play with during her questioning to pass the time.

Thanks for the excellent and thoughtful post above.

I think it is conventional wisdom within the psychology community that Samuels is nothing but well paid hack who delivered part of JA cover story. JM will dismantle a great deal of Samuels testimony but I believe a reputable prosecution psychology expert will pretty much expose Samuels for what he is – an over the hill bumptious buffoon who has spent his “professional life” being a “liar for hire”.

Samuels “on parade” has been the source of great embarrassment to genuine scientists laboring in the field of forensic psychology and criminology. But just as there will always be a market for devious attorneys who will deliver the ‘goods” - Jose Baez being exhibit A for such greasy lawyers – there will always be a market for “expert opinion made to order – for a fee” Thus Samuels should be a very busy “expert witness” since he will press any conclusion the defense desires.

and she asked if it was a gun or a knife involved. I thought how stupid, you just gave yourself away on weapons. Flores also told her that a woman almost took him and another officer down one time, so size didn't matter---that went over Jodi's head.

i have to go back and listen to that again for that part. Incredible. If she did say that, it is beyond stupid....LOL

Like I guess she knew he was not beat to death with a club, or choked to death, or drowned in tub, or etc.

Blood evidence on the walls of the hall show he was not walking but crawling down the hall..

He wasn't crawling at the sink though, if he was stabbed in the chest first and had an almost fatal wound, then how did he get the strength to crawl all the way down the hall?

The one day I wondered why Juan started sparring with her, sort of down on her crude level. Quoting all of her vulgar texts, the tape etc.

But now I see that he knew she loved discussing the sex stuff. She loved regaling the courtroom with her knowledge and prowess and reliving the power she felt when in her head she controlled Travis. This was the day she kept repeating how much she enjoyed the sex. That it was all consensual.

Juan set her up all during her cross. So now her expert looks foolish describing her as not assertive, lacking self esteem etc.

Juan really is three steps ahead of everyone else in the courtroom.

ABSOLUTELY. I totally agree.

Also, people criticized him for opening with ' you called your sister stupid' didn't you. But I noticed that he likes to come out of the gate totally surprising people. And it kind of throws them off, and it also riles them up because he goes at it, over something kind of small and unimportant, but he digs in. And then, when the person is tensed up and angry, he suddenly goes sideways and asks them about the crime scene. :rocker: I love it.

He did that today with Samuels. A split second after JW said she was done, not even a half second later, Juan was up and hammering him. And he got in his face about compassion and sympathy and the Websters definition etc. And it seems like he is off in the weeds, but he goes at it, wears the witness down and gets them upset, and then suddenly he pulls out the raw data from the test and the doc's eyes got wide as saucers. :eek: BAM. He throws the big stuff at them when they are angry and off balance.

So how could that shrink say Jodi slept very well and sound before murder, but jail (LOL) interrupted her sleep. As stupid as that sounds, did he say directly after the murder...she stopped sleeping at all. All that night driving, obsessing over Travis, up calling him and texting...she slept sound, because she was exhausted from stalking so much and planning the "perfect" murder according to her.

Dumb doc.

Well there is that whole Snow White as abuse victim debacle.

I'm honestly really torn on her. She has an impressive CV and has done a heck of a lot to help abuse victims.

But as an advocate you simply can't pick and choose who victims are - they come in all sizes, shapes, colors, and genders. I meet her inability to acknowledge Travis as a victim of intimate partner abuse turned homicide with absolute disdain.

By choosing to testify in Jodi's defense she is willingly ignoring many of Jodi's behaviors very consistent with abusive personalities. Of course, her testimony is likely to be, based on her continuum, 'Common Couple Aggression' or 'High Conflict Relationship' if she concedes to Jodi's behaviors at all. :banghead:
I am very very interested in hearing her testimony...for all the reasons you stated. I did notice she had written a piece on male intimate partner abuse as well. I watched a few of her seminars (or whatever they are) on YouTube....she said some stuff I personally didn't agree with but I found her thoughts interesting. Once she gets up there I will be very interested in seeing what she says...and then seeing what JM does with it. It is hard to reconcile her CV and what I have seen vs that she is actually testifying FOR JA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove