long weekend break: discuss the latest here #101

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its really bothering me that when Samuels refers to JA's Ninja story, he keeps saying it was a defense mechanism - an alternate reality created because she was in denial. whaa?? Its as if he's not even aware that she has admitted the Ninja story was nothing more than a way deflect suspicion from her once she realized they had evidence she was there.

I really hope this gets addressed, I'd like to see him either admit he's wrong about it being an alternate reality, and/or admit she's completely put it over on him.

Exhibit 534 vs Exhibit 535. And now 550, the 3 holed punched one.

What is up with this. Did Samuels try to pass off his newly recalculated test results as the original test?

"I apologize" - I left the original at home, so I recalculated it. (Sorry.. R. Samuels, PhD)

Can we compare Martinez to something other than a pit bull, they get enough bad raps. I realize pit bulls are known to be vicious and aggressive, and that's what people want here, but they are also loving pets. Can we choose something like a wolverine or killer shark?

and is not the jovial, joking, glad handing lawyer people are used to seeing on TV these days promoting themselves. He is all about business. If you are too then your time on the witness stand will be tolerable but not likely pleasant. This is not a pleasant process and I'm honestly glad someone treats it like the horrendous situation it is. A man was brutally slaughtered in his own home by a callous killer who is now character assassinating him in the courtroom and her lawyer has the nerve to slowly question her about every minute detail of her life for days on end as though everyone has all the time in the world to listen to this pathological narcissist while her other attorney giggles and makes faces and repeats every question the jury just asked again wasting the time of everyone involved. Both of her attorneys seem to have difficulty just phrasing a question properly and then have the nerve to loudly object to virtually every question Juan asks, no matter how often they are overruled.

I honestly find the entire defense team barely borderline competent from their litigation skills to their "expert" witnesses. Juan is a professional and every thing he does has a purpose. He does not waste time whether by making ridiculous objections or lengthy, stumbling, inept questioning. He's the very last person in that courtroom that I would criticize.

JM does not pity fools. The psychologist is not a professional-he is disorganized, unethical, incompetent, and insults others on the stand (remember the lovely doctor insulting the prosecutor? Is that OK to do, especially in a DP trial?). He isn't that nice.

This is a DP trial and yet you would never know it by how he acts. Everything he has done and said is amazingly inept and JM does not stand for that. If he was on the up and up JM wouldn't have to resort to seemingly hostile tactics. He is a liar, he is NOT forthcoming, so therefore he gets the hardball tactics. If you watch him with other witnesses (ones that have brains and use them) he is different. Det. Flores for instance, went very differently. So did Mimi. DB went pretty different. In this case JM knows this guy is a liar and is useless, and therefore he is going to tear into him and get him to trip up. That is what a lawyer does, for either prosecution or defense.

I can understand why some don't like his style. He is very different than many state attorneys that I have watched. In the end, it works for him. Niceties may win brownie points, but all those brownie points are useless if she walks because he wasn't aggressive enough. So he is going to do what it takes, even if it does not win him friends.

Hope no one minds, just wanted some insight on this, moved over from end of last thread. I haven't been able to watch all of the trial. I have a question that maybe some of you can help me with. I am pretty much the same height and weight as TA but 20 years older. I can think of no way a 115 pound female could stab me 29 times unless I was physically restrained. After the first stab, I would be in fight for survival mode. I might not survive, but she would surely be at least seriously injured if not killed. You might get stabbed once if it was from behind. The second stab would be a glancing blow as you turned towards your attacker. There wouldn't be a 3rd stab wound except maybe a defensive wound to the hands or forearms. I would think any 200 pound man could incapacitate any 115 pound woman with a single blow. From that point it would go very badly for the smaller incapacitated attacker. I believe the gunshot was forensically proven to have occurred after the stabbings. But even at that a .25 pistol is not immediately debilitating under most circumstances. It makes me wonder if that's why JA removed the ropes from the scene. Were they used in the commission of the crime? Was TA tied up either as sex play or at gunpoint before the knife attack occurred?

I believe she stabbed him while he was sitting down in the shower. I don't think he had a chance after that. About the whole story of him tying her up that day, I have wondered if Jodi made that up because she actually considered tying him up and killing him.

I remember turning to my daughter and saying she should just give it up right there, I knew Juan was going to give it to her. He would have had me admitting to everything! I dont have nerves of steal, she does but he sure can piss her off!
I wouldn't want to face him..even if he was on my side lol. I have learned from watching him that it isn't hard if you just tell what you know, don't add to it, and answer yes or no on cross LOL. It would still be nerve-wracking anyway.

I have a question, I was listening to Jodi testify about the knife. And it hit me. Her statement was she heard the knife clang on the tile floor. Next statement was I don't remember anything after that.

So she would remember the stabbing as she doesn't remember anything after hearing the knife drop on the floor.

Any thoughts on that?

She's not saying she remembers stabbing him. She is saying she definitely does NOT remember stabbing him. (This, she claims, is one of a handful of quick memories that have flashed back to her over the years.)

She's saying she has, like, a 2-second memory of hearing a knife clang on the tile bathroom floor. I guess she looked down at it and screamed. That's it and that's all -- fade to foggy, dark nothingness.

She allegedly doesn't remember what happened 2 minutes before that (i.e., when the stabbing occurred), nor up to 2 hours after that (e.g., when she cleaned up then drove all the way into the dessert).

I don't recall JM asking her what other little tidbits she now remembers. Wish he had asked her to explain the other alleged "snatches" of memory that have returned. When she dropped this little mention, I don't think he thought to have her further explain.

Funny, Steph! I must go to that link and take it too.

I found part of the test Jodi took-wow.

PTSD TEST_Jodi Ann Arias_TEST RESULTS
(Patient's answers in red, with her comments)

This PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) test will help determine if you have
the symptoms of PTSD and whether you should seek a diagnosis or treatment for
PTSD from a qualified doctor or mental health professional.

1) Have you experienced or been exposed to a traumatic event?
Yes (I planned it.)
No

2) During the traumatic event, did you experience or witness serious injury
or death, or the threat of injury or death?
Yes (I actually photographed it because I am a professional.)
No

3) During the traumatic event did you feel
intense fear, helplessness, and/or horror?
Yes
No (To be honest, is it ok to say I was turned on?)

4) Do you regularly experience intrusive thoughts or images about the traumatic event?
Yes (That's the best part about it.)
No

5) Do you sometimes feel like you are re-living the event or that it is happening
all over again?
Yes
No (I wish!! Knew I shoulda done a video.)

6) Do you have recurrent nightmares or distressing dreams about the traumatic event?
Yes
No (Dreams, yes, but they're sexy.)

7) Do you feel intense distress when something reminds you of the traumatic
event, whether it's something you think about or something in you see?
Yes
No (I wish I could feel something...)

8) Do you try to avoid thoughts, feelings, or conversations that remind you of
the traumatic event?
Yes
No (I try and remember every moment of my grand plan.)

9) Are you unable to remember something important about the traumatic event?
Yes (I wish I could remember where I put that dam knife so I could get it ready for
that a__hole Martinez.)

No

10) Since the trauma took place, do you feel less interested in activities or hobbies
that you once enjoyed?
Yes
No (Not really, I am enjoying being a lesbo. All my new
friends are so stupid tho')

11) Since the trauma took place, do you feel distant from other people or have
difficulty trusting them?
Yes (Everyone I trusted has betrayed me. I can't
wait to get my hands on MM.)

No

12) Since the trauma took place, do you have difficulty experiencing or showing emotions?
Yes
No (What emotions?)

13) Do you feel that your future will not be "normal" -- that you won't have a career,
marriage, children, or a normal life span?
Yes (Thanks to that m___er f____er Travis. We woulda
had kids with big lips and Angelina would be soo jealous.)

No

14) Have you felt irritable or have you had outbursts of anger?
Yes
No (Not really. Only when you betray me, or if you're stupid.)

15) Have you had difficulty concentrating, since the trauma?
Yes
No (Concentrating on sex? Yes.)

16) Do you feel guilty because others died or were
hurt during the traumatic event but you survived it?
Yes
No (Guilty! As if. Why should I, it wasn't MY fault.)

17) Do you often feel jumpy or startle easily?
Yes
No (Do I look like I startle easily?)

18) Do you often feel hyper-vigilant, that is, are you constantly feeling and
acting ready for any kind of threat?
Yes (I am SUPER hiperliteral to. Everyone says I have a stelar vocabulary.)
No

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

That is priceless!! Thank you pollybear, and Stephanie for one of the best laughs I've had over this trial yet. :laughcry:

He wasn't crawling at the sink though, if he was stabbed in the chest first and had an almost fatal wound, then how did he get the strength to crawl all the way down the hall?

Each case is so different and people can miraculously survive horrendous wounds for a period of time. It is never a hard fast rule on these types of things.

I suppose I have to bring up "Miracle Mike" again who was the chicken that lived 18 months after getting his head chopped off.
Mike the Headless Chicken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wish they would just talk about the trial and what went on each day. I would love for someone to explore what Juan is saying about those exhibits and the discrepancy between the 3-holed paper and the others.

But it doesn't really matter if she brought the knife or not. Nobody will be able to prove that one way or the other. So that was just a stupid premise for the show, imo.

They are making a soap opera out of Travis's murder. It's sickening.

During the interview with Flores, he told her: Your family is not surprised that you are here and that you had something to do with this.
She is really shocked (betrayed probably) and asked if he talked to them and he said no his other detective did.
Those parents had so much trouble with Jody her whole life I'm sure they know she did it.

Can we compare Martinez to something other than a pit bull, they get enough bad raps. I realize pit bulls are known to be vicious and aggressive, and that's what people want here, but they are also loving pets. Can we choose something like a wolverine or killer shark?
I think of it as using the positive qualities of pibbles that have been brought up and treated well-tenacious and just don't let go. That is just me...I do see your point though, and looooove pibbles very much.

Unfortunately if you want a shark I think of this guy:
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/iteam&id=8019012
and we don't need another shark :floorlaugh:

BBM

Excellent point! Of course, you're right and I hadn't thought of that before. I missed most of PT forensics case and am catching up as I can on YT. I knew he only made it to bedroom door but hadn't envisioned him only on all 4s down the hall. Makes total sense :( Infuriating!

This is an amazing place for information, compassion and humour. I just wish I could hit the pause button sometimes because no matter what time of the day you dip in or leave, you miss valuable insight and it's impossible to always keep up.

You all ROCK !! :rocker:

SnowCat, I hear you on the time issue. Life keeps interrupting my ability to follow all aspects of this trial. I already know I'm going to have withdrawals 10 minutes after I hear GUILTY! But those 10 minutes are going to be S-W-E-E-T

a few posts back about the gun that was "stolen" from her grandfather's house and she says the one she shot was Travis'..IMHO IF and a BIG IF - if Travis owned a gun he would probably know or ask friends about what type to purchase for protection and doubt he would get a .25. From reading doesn't seem like they are that powerful so why get such a "whimsy" gun? JA took her grandfather's gun and didn't know about how much/little damage it could do.

Exactly. Travis did not have a gun in the house. Jodi brought the gun she stole shortly before the murder from her grandparents' house -where she lived. She would have had a better chance of getting away with it, if it weren't a .25 caliber bullet found lodged in Travis' jaw :(

Grandpa reports his .25 stolen and she confesses to using a .25 ( didn't dispute it) in a murder a week or so later..all i need on the gun issue.

By his own admission, he came gift in hand at their first meeting-- with this infamous book! He already quasi assessed her and cleared her of any guilt before even TALKING with her.

At least he could've gone through the motions and pretended he conducted an interview and came to some Defense-friendly conclusion!
But did he?
No.
He somehow was precognitive and came knowing... she lacked confidence even before interviewing her! How'd he know that?

Therefore, it appears to anyone whose paying attention that he already decided she was not guilty of this (premeditated) crime and had a diagnosis way before he even said hello!

This book is going to end up biting him when Juan gets through with him.

You are killing me with your penguins. Every time they come up I am stuck watching them for like 10 minutes before I can move on. LOL

Interesting if you really answer the questions in relation to an actual event. As you can see I would not be diagnosed with PTSD. (I don't think) However, if i "wanted" to be diagnosed, or I wanted to feign that I was more traumatized than I was, how come he doesn't see how easy it would be? I can tell what they are asking. This is a no brainer.

----------------------

This PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder) test will help determine if you have the symptoms of PTSD and whether you should seek a diagnosis or treatment for PTSD from a qualified doctor or mental health professional.

1) Have you experienced or been exposed to a traumatic event?
Yes

2) During the traumatic event, did you experience or witness serious injury or death, or the threat of injury or death?
Yes

3) During the traumatic event did you feel intense fear, helplessness, and/or horror?
Yes

4) Do you regularly experience intrusive thoughts or images about the traumatic event?
No

5) Do you sometimes feel like you are re-living the event or that it is happening all over again?
No

6) Do you have recurrent nightmares or distressing dreams about the traumatic event?
No

7) Do you feel intense distress when something reminds you of the traumatic event, whether it's something you think about or something in you see?
Yes

8) Do you try to avoid thoughts, feelings, or conversations that remind you of the traumatic event?
Yes

9) Are you unable to remember something important about the traumatic event?
No

10) Since the trauma took place, do you feel less interested in activities or hobbies that you once enjoyed?
No

11) Since the trauma took place, do you feel distant from other people or have difficulty trusting them?
No

12) Since the trauma took place, do you have difficulty experiencing or showing emotions?
No

13) Do you feel that your future will not be "normal" -- that you won't have a career, marriage, children, or a normal life span?
No

14) Have you felt irritable or have you had outbursts of anger?
No

15) Have you had difficulty concentrating, since the trauma?
No

16) Do you feel guilty because others died or were hurt during the traumatic event but you survived it?
No

17) Do you often feel jumpy or startle easily?
No

18) Do you often feel hyper-vigilant, that is, are you constantly feeling and acting ready for any kind of threat?
No

I have a question for our mental health professionals out there. When JM was arguing the difference in the PDS test scores between what was provided through discovery, and what the good Dr. pulled out of his hat (azz) for the trial, the good doctor said that a couple of points didn't make a difference in the result. Is this the same test that he fudged certain sections on? The one where she had to meet "3 of section C", or "2 of section B" or whatever and he conveniently "found" those typographical errors he missed before lol? If he fudged the numbers in that way wouldn't that make a huge difference in the results?

I think I know where JM is going with this cross. The good Dr. will be slinking away to find a new address, and perhaps contemplate a new career move. :giggle:
It was PTSD that she had to meet 3 criteria of a specific section and she met (according to his intentional misinterpretation) only 2.

Yes, he could have fudged her answers to make Jodi's test say whatever he wanted it to say. He asked Jodi the questions and then he wrote down her answer (allegedly her answer). The patient is supposed to record their own answer. I think he fudged her responses towards anxiety and, of course, PTSD.

BBM

Excellent point! Of course, you're right and I hadn't thought of that before. I missed most of PT forensics case and am catching up as I can on YT. I knew he only made it to bedroom door but hadn't envisioned him only on all 4s down the hall. Makes total sense :( Infuriating!

This is an amazing place for information, compassion and humour. I just wish I could hit the pause button sometimes because no matter what time of the day you dip in or leave, you miss valuable insight and it's impossible to always keep up.

You all ROCK !! :rocker:

Some of those lone drops by the scale, that could be spatter when she slit his throat? Or the awful wounds on his hands if they were still flailing around?
I'm not beyond thinking this woman would drip blood to muck up the crime scene, just like she threw water to do it....Mr. Baez.

I wouldn't last the 5 minutes it takes for Minute Rice on the stand.

I have a funny story for you guys ...
I had to go to our court house today and pick up some documents ..I did not carry my purse but I had my scrubs on and had to empty pockets ..so out comes change purse..sun glasses.,,ink pen ...and then my phone and I still had ear piece attached. It got caught on something and unplugs you can hear the trial playing ..the officers all stop and look at me ..I said sorry about that I was listening to the Jodi Arias Trial...these two officers smiled ear to ear and said "now that is one whack job" ..I musta had a dumb look on my face.. and the older one said "no not you hon ..that crazy broad in Arizona" ..we all just laughed ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove