long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great question and you're right, it's one of those details that has not been discussed...yet, we'll see. Given the amount of water on the floor needed for the box in the linen closet to absorb water up so high, this is logical. And I believe water on the floor definitely helped JA move TA's body around.

Water and blood... :tears:

Hmm...not sure I agree. Perhaps if you could post some evidence of the "thousands of husbands and boyfriends" who shoot and stab their significant others 29 times "every year," and premeditate the crime by stealing a weapon and driving a thousand miles to execute the victim, and then stuffing the body in a shower, cleaning up the scene, leaving, then calling the dead victim and inviting him to see Othello, and then denying she was there, and then saying two Ninjas did it...and that's a just a summary of this psychotic's behavior--then well, maybe you could sway me to your side.

IMO, the only thing separating this chick from Bundy is that she got caught before she could strike again. I could be wrong. But :furious:

i actually think she's getting special treatment because she's a woman. If a man did to a woman what Arias did to Travis, in this day and age, with the same case facts in the case including the stalking, lies, road trip, grinding someone else within 24 hours etc, etc it would have been over by now imo.

I have been advocating for equal rights my whole life and for me that means stalked, brutalized men get the same justice I want for women. jmo

Shortly after this trial got started, one of our own was harassed by Legal Shield ...I will let her come forward to tell the story if she wishes.

Sounds like they are pretty protective ....

Juan Martinez doesn't seem to be very fond of them...:floorlaugh:

Ever since the CA verdict, I choose not to predict what the jury is thinking. "We all" had the same thoughts then, and look what happened.

For that matter, some of the jury questions this week, have me thinking that one or 2 are buying her BS. We just won't know until the verdict! :twocents:

:facepalm:There's been a great many posts expressing nervousness regarding this jury's verdict. Frequently it is accompanied by memories of the CA trial. These are just a few reasons IMO we won't have a repeat of that verdict.

1. There is a definite forensic evidence of both the murder and defendant's involvement

2. The defendant has admitted to killing victim

3. Story of the shot first is not corroborated by the ME's findings and the defense has yet to provide forensics to support her version of events.

4. Strong evidence of premeditation through her efforts to conceal her trip to Mesa, gun theft at her residence, and her attempts to establish an alibi

5. There is no supporting evidence (thus far) in the DT case to her claims of DV either on or before 06/04

6. She has admitted to altering the crime scene and destroying/removing evidence

7. Admissions to repeatedly lying regarding the events on 06/04 to police, psych evaluator and everyone else.

8. "Amnesia" conveniently occurs during the events which put her in the worst light: frenzied stabbing, throat cutting, deletion of photos and other crime scene offenses.

Of just these few, the juror's questions have hit on 4 thru 8 and displayed a great deal of skepticism of JA's story.

As far as the CA trial, this is my first and last mention of that trial.
The first few CA jurors who gave interviews seemed to dwell on a few main points. The lack of a cause of death, primarily circumstantial evidence and the definition of reasonable doubt. Of these three, the one which disturbed me the most was their belief that it could have been accidental.

Of course we here know there have been murder convictions when there has been no body found, much less a forensic cause of death. IMO, if it had been an adult found in those bags thrown in that dump site no one would have questioned whether or not it was murder.

A little something for the "Jodi shot first" people:

25ACP Winchester 50gr FMJ impacting ballistic gelatin (42,000 frame/sec!) - YouTube

Please note the massive cavitation wave as the bullet transfers its energy into the media. That's what a bullet is: A means of energy transfer such that there's really no such thing as an ineffective bullet and you can't dismiss a caliber simply because there are larger calibers.

You can extrapolate the effect of this sort of energy transfer/cavity inside a human skull on your own and whether a person on the receiving end of this would maintain consciousness, much less be capable of purposeful action.

Bonus:

[video=youtube;e18fFjj3c5g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e18fFjj3c5g[/video]

Note the operation of this .25 and the jam that does occur near the end of the magazine due to a weak leaf spring and how it is cleared.

Other than butchering someone with a knife I don't see any similarity between OJ and Jodi Arias. OJ was a celebrity who was jealous of his ex-wife and decided to butcher her, Ron Goldman was in the wrong place at the wrong time and paid with his life. The OJ trial not guilty verdict was celebrity/race related. Period.

The similarities are very strong. Nicole was brutally stabbed multiple times in a fit rage and in a sense of control that if he couldn't have her than no one else would. Ron was also stabbed in a way that displays rage and contempt because he was perceived as having possession of something that belonged only to the killer. It's all about how these victims were murdered not the verdict that others determined. IMO

Finding the gun would allow them to prove that the bullet that entered TA was fired from that particular gun and no other. That would prove she faked the burglary and that there was no gun in TA's closet. Even without any registration, etc. they can tell via ballistics that it was or was not the gun that fired the bullet that was removed at autopsy. It would change nothing if found in the future but it would sure set history right.

Edit: You have me thinking here. It would show that it was the gun that fired that bullet but wouldn't prove it was Grampa's unless it was registered and had the correct serial number. TY for pointing that out to me!

Ahhh BUT....
a box of 25 cal bullets were found at jodi's parents house using a search warrant right after she was arrested.

While jodi was undersurveillance, her mom visited jodi at grandpas the night before she was arrested. This could be when jodi gave the bullets to her mom.
If grandpas' gun were to be found and....
after it's checked for fingerprints, and
after it's test fired, matches the bullet casing found in TA's bathroom, (as far as distinct markings a fired gun makes on a bullet) IMO the next step would be to fire the gun with the bullets found at mom's and match the bullet with the one in found in TA.
Also, the bullets might be individually marked by the mfg as to case and lot #s.
Don't know when mfgs started doing this and if it is on all types of amo or not or even if all mfgs do it..
Back 5 years ago they could have all been unmarked..
Needs to be researched.

I bet Det Florez still has ppl searching for this gun as we type...
I bet there are others looking for it as we type...
If anyone other than police should find it, I would hope they picked it up with a pencil or something other than their hands.

IMO
If THE gun that shot TA is found and proven to indeed be grandpa's before the prosicution finishes it's rebuttal...
Game over.

The GUN will prove beyond ANY doubt, let alone reasonable,
Pre-meditation.
Thus securing the 1st degree murder conviction.

Fake tears won't help her in the sentencing phase.

For FB'ers the Joey Jackson Fans page has a graphic up from the musical "Wicked" that has the caption The Wizard of Odd. JA is Dorothy, Cowardly Lion is the good doctor, Nurmi is the scarecrow.....quite hilarious I think.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I just found it - hysterical!! :floorlaugh:

Dr. Doofu$ as the Cowardly Lion was spot on!

She obviously didn't miss seeing it in the upstairs master bedroom hallway before she left, since she deleted all the photos from it. While some believe she accidentally included it in the wash, I'm not so sure. Mark that down as a question to ask JA if we get a chance.

Yes, but at some point she used towels to wipe up copious amounts of blood. I misplace a lot of stuff and find a lot of things in the washer, or wherever, even though I had seen them just a minute before. So I imagine under such a time crunch, she would/could have done just the same. Totally spacing on where the cam was.

I have taken a gallon of ice cream out of the fridge and the one minute later, after getting a scoop, placed it in back the pantry. Only to find it melted the next morning.

Question: The camera and its memory card were found inside the washing machine at Travis' place. I'm into amateur photography and have to ask, did she take the card out of the camera before she tossed it in the washer? This wasn't clear from court testimony. It probably doesn't matter, but I am curious.

IIRC, Det. Flores said that the card was found still intact inside the camera. Perhaps this may explain why it wasn't damaged.

It was April 6, 2008. Jodi says it's labeled April 7 but due to the 7-hour time difference it was actually sent April 6.

Even though Travis told her to stay out of his life as soon as she returned th Yreka that day and the next, they did make up, and in their May 10 telephone conversation he said he planned come to visit her the end of May, before going to Cancun. He said he had a few other activities to try to squeeze in (besides going sightseeing to Crater Lake and the Oregon Coast with Jodi), but that, "You are at the top of the list."

BBM

Did she record this conversation or testify to it?

what magazine had the cover of jodi on it? its been bugging me?

What has me totally confused on this issue is Travis and JA were NOT a couple in 2008. Didn't they only date for a short period of time in 2007? Why would he have chosen her to go with him on that trip in 2008 and not in 2007? And especially after the negative comments from his friends regarding her?

My apologies for not remembering the exact dates of their "relationship".

:confused:

They were supposedly "official" -- her word -- as of February 2, 2007.

Her testiphoney was that she broke up with him on June 29, 2007.

Greetings All!

Not sure if anybody has seen these yet, but thought I'd post here just in case. :) I post heavily on the Justice for Travis page during the actual trial. We have a very good time during the trial thinking of new good names to call the DT. Sorry if that comes out really raunchy. But I'm sure you all understand! I mean, how long can your ears bleed listening to Wilmott and Nurmi!

Story One - Attempt at passing Travis's Law
https://www.change.org/petitions/cr...utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Story Two: Thanks from Tanisha Sorenson (Travis's Sis) to all supporters
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-sister-thanks-supporters-in-facebook-message

I have a little bit if problem using PM. Im trying to resolve that.

Like a commercial, today's thought follows.

I am 10 hours behind so I am just going to jump forward to catch up. Without reading today.

For the defense team, I have not seen anything for self defense . I am NOT trying to say that they have tried to do it and not been successful, I am saying that they have not even presented it"

The entire defense has been justified homicide, passionate crime.. battered woman.

I am concerned that I have not seen the prosecution more strong ly address or try to curtail this train wreck which I see coming.

Moo

Therefore, I am concerned that this is not being addressed by the prosecution.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

The similarities are very strong. Nicole was brutally stabbed multiple times in a fit rage and in a sense of control that if he couldn't have her than no one else would. Ron was also stabbed in a way that displays rage and contempt because he was perceived as having possession of something that belonged only to the killer. It's all about how these victims were murdered not the verdict that others determined. IMO

Yes, and I think that if the room mate had walked in she would have killed him as well, or at least tried.

bbm

Earlier, when she was talking with Flores, she begged for the Death Penalty, but that was before she had her story down pat...

But since the prosecutor's office, et al., would not go for her 2nd degree offer, she showed the her wrath, and she has dragged it all over the courtroom and has run it up the walls. Detector, you were right about that! It seems a scorned woman's anger & rancor really have no bounds. Oohh, she makes me wanna holler. She is pure 100% evil. No pity for this woman.

I still wanna know about the relationship between Jodi & her mother -- through all her growing-up years and until now. I think it might tell us a lot.
Me too.
My mother's best friend is a mother to two twin girls and a son and another non twin daughter. They are all grown and gone now, Something she told my mother is interesting about twin dynamics in the family. She said she always had a great bond with her son and other daughter but feels like she missed out on mothering her twin girls. She said they always went to each other for their needs and never to her. She felt like they didn't really need her because they always had each other, and she was kind of sad about that in a weird way. Twins have a very strong bond that becomes primary.
This could work both ways. If your mother is a strongly bonded twin, perhaps you as a daughter may feel secondary or left out. Abandoned?
I don't know. Just a thought as to her mother/family dynamics. She definitely has abandonment issues.

Shortly after this trial got started, one of our own was harassed by Legal Shield ...I will let her come forward to tell the story if she wishes.

Sounds like they are pretty protective ....

I would be very interested in hearing her story. Please pass on to her that I for one would love to hear it. I'm sure there are others as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie