long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was strange! And the way she was using her finger to hold up her glasses between her eyes was even stranger. Wouldn't most people take off their glasses during a big cry?

I don't even think that's relevant--it was the way she was hiding her face and at the same time glancing sideways, almost maniacally, at those gruesome pictures. It was truly freaky. At the time I assumed that it was the first time she had seen them, but later I learned that it was not. She had seen them before--so why the interest in seeing them again? Crikey!!

But to your glasses comment again, I don't mean to blow it off. Maybe she was just into her new glasses. :cool:

I have taken a gallon of ice cream out of the fridge and the one minute later, after getting a scoop, placed it in back the pantry. Only to find it melted the next morning.[/QUOTE]

May I just write that I LOVE your graphic of the man on the slippy slide! The first time I saw it, I spit out coke all over my compooper! Too funny. :rocker:

Unfortunately, this was not classified as a heinous crime by the state.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
The aggravating factor the State is utilizing in seeking the death penalty is:
The defendant committed the offense in an especially heinous, cruel or depraved manner.

Speaking of Jodi's favorite movies, I think her very favorite was "House of Flying Daggers" because of the storyline and the gorgeous cinematography.

Here's a pic from the final scene of the movie where the heroine has been stabbed by the man tormented that she loves someone else:

http://s587.photobucket.com/user/Fareast_No1/media/House%20of%20Flying%20Daggers/house-of-flying-daggers-59.jpg.html?#/user/Fareast_No1/media/House%20of%20Flying%20Daggers/house-of-flying-daggers-58.jpg.html?&_suid=136409144446508874069481758335

She's shown holding her right hand to a mortal knife wound near her heart, while he tells her, "You forced me to destroy you." He adds that he could have born the pain of her not loving him, but not the pain of learning she was going away with someone else. Yikes!! The "someone else" appears in the previous pic at that site, along with the knife used to kill her, which she had pulled out and thrown at her killer before he could kill her beloved. I bet Jodi could recite every line from that movie by heart.

They were supposedly "official" -- her word -- as of February 2, 2007.

Her testiphoney was that she broke up with him in June 29, 2007.

Thank you.....although her word is taken with a grain of salt unless otherwise confirmed.

If this timeline is accurate, however, it does make it possible that Travis had put her name in for the Cancun trip.

:)

I don't even think that's relevant--it was the way she was hiding her face and at the same time glancing sideways, almost maniacally, at those gruesome pictures. It was truly freaky. At the time I assumed that it was the first time she had seen them, but later I learned that it was not. She had seen them before--so why the interest in seeing them again? Crikey!!

But to your glasses comment again, I don't mean to blow it off. Maybe she was just into her new glasses. :cool:

Admiring her 'handiwork', no doubt!

:facepalm:There's been a great many posts expressing nervousness regarding this jury's verdict. Frequently it is accompanied by memories of the CA trial. These are just a few reasons IMO we won't have a repeat of that verdict.

1. There is a definite forensic evidence of both the murder and defendant's involvement

2. The defendant has admitted to killing victim

3. Story of the shot first is not corroborated by the ME's findings and the defense has yet to provide forensics to support her version of events.

4. Strong evidence of premeditation through her efforts to conceal her trip to Mesa, gun theft at her residence, and her attempts to establish an alibi

5. There is no supporting evidence (thus far) in the DT case to her claims of DV either on or before 06/04

6. She has admitted to altering the crime scene and destroying/removing evidence

7. Admissions to repeatedly lying regarding the events on 06/04 to police, psych evaluator and everyone else.

8. "Amnesia" conveniently occurs during the events which put her in the worst light: frenzied stabbing, throat cutting, deletion of photos and other crime scene offenses.

Of just these few, the juror's questions have hit on 4 thru 8 and displayed a great deal of skepticism of JA's story.

As far as the CA trial, this is my first and last mention of that trial.
The first few CA jurors who gave interviews seemed to dwell on a few main points. The lack of a cause of death, primarily circumstantial evidence and the definition of reasonable doubt. Of these three, the one which disturbed me the most was their belief that it could have been accidental.

Of course we here know there have been murder convictions when there has been no body found, much less a forensic cause of death. IMO, if it had been an adult found in those bags thrown in that dump site no one would have questioned whether or not it was murder.
Just to add to your brilliant list, ClosArgs, acquittals of murder defendants is really a very rare outcome. It just tends to be the cases best remembered. ;)

Ahhh BUT....
a box of 25 cal bullets were found at jodi's parents house using a search warrant right after she was arrested.

Do you have a cite for that? I did a Google search but couldn't find reference to .25s being recovered at Jodi Arias' parent's house.

Yes, but at some point she used towels to wipe up copious amounts of blood. I misplace a lot of stuff and find a lot of things in the washer, or wherever, even though I had seen them just a minute before. So I imagine under such a time crunch, she would/could have done just the same. Totally spacing on where the cam was.

I have taken a gallon of ice cream out of the fridge and the one minute later, after getting a scoop, placed it in back the pantry. Only to find it melted the next morning.

Was there more than just the one towel in the wash? Here's a photo of the washer as it was found. It doesn't look very full to me. IMO there were shorts, socks, athletic pants and undergarments of Travis', the towel and .. what else? She may have accidentally left it with the wash load, I've already said that would be easy to do with a camera weighing a pound and a quarter or something close to that. I just don't know if she wanted to risk being caught with the camera, but then the last thing I want to do is get into JA's crazy mind. :facepalm:

contents_washer_2_-_qp1.jpg

Question: The camera and its memory card were found inside the washing machine at Travis' place. I'm into amateur photography and have to ask, did she take the card out of the camera before she tossed it in the washer? This wasn't clear from court testimony. It probably doesn't matter, but I am curious.

BBM

No, Det. Melendez terstified the memory card was in the camera when it was found in the washing machine.

Shortly after this trial got started, one of our own was harassed by Legal Shield ...I will let her come forward to tell the story if she wishes.

Sounds like they are pretty protective ....

That's scary. Some believe that it was them who provided legal advice to Jodi at the beginning of the investigation.

I would be very interested in hearing her story. Please pass on to her that I for one would love to hear it. I'm sure there are others as well.

Not Me, I share some things with fellow Websleuthsers privately and in confidence, but I do not want many things on the threads! I respect her privacy and not sharing with us. sometimes I read things and feel like journalists are trying to get more than we want to share!

Not referring to your post of course!

I thought of something unusual...
We have all heard the stories about Jodi and her love for makeup. What is really strange to me is that in all her pics of herself (and there are a ton), as well as her 48 hrs. vid, etc., for a girl that loves makeup, why is it that she doesn't wear eyeliner and mascara? I find this quite odd myself. Especially when she has the blond hair. I don't know any gals that 'do makeup' that don't do their eyes. Why is that? She obviously has nice skin. No splotches or acne or anything to cover up, so what does she need all this makeup for?

Could it be that she is using the mirror in her makeup bag for something other than makeup.
Like magic?

I found three things that all connect:

1) Scrying (also called seeing or peeping) is the practice of looking into a translucent ball or other material with the belief that things can be seen, such as spiritual visions, and less often for purposes of divination or fortune-telling. The most common media used are reflective, translucent, or luminescent substances such as crystals, stones, glass, mirrors,...
2) Remember the pic Jodi took of herself in the mirror with the camera flash?
While, as with any sort of folklore, the details may vary, this particular tale (Bloody Mary) encouraged young women to walk up a flight of stairs backwards, holding a candle and a hand mirror, in a darkened house. As they gazed into the mirror, they were supposed to be able to catch a view of their future husband's face.
3) And reflecting stones relate back to the beginning of LDS. Jodi would have read this in the Book of Mormon. In the late 1820s, Joseph Smith, Jr. founded the Latter Day Saint movement based in part on what was said to be the miraculous information obtained from the reflections of seer stones.

I feel she is doing something...not sure what yet. Thoughts?

[
url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrying"]Scrying - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/url]

Under Arizona Law, are witnesses put "Under The Rule" where they cannot listen to prior testimony ?

That was strange! And the way she was using her finger to hold up her glasses between her eyes was even stranger. Wouldn't most people take off their glasses during a big cry?

Most people would, but as she never really cried there was no reason to remove her glasses.

The aggravating factor the State is utilizing in seeking the death penalty is:
The defendant committed the offense in an especially heinous, cruel or depraved manner.

Thank you for correcting me. I thought that I saw it 1 time that the word heinous for this specific trial, had been removed at 1 point in time. I don't have a reference.

Not Me, I share some things with fellow Websleuthsers privately and in confidence, but I do not want many things on the threads! I respect her privacy and not sharing with us. sometimes I read things and feel like journalists are trying to get more than we want to share!

Not referring to your post of course!

I hope no disrespect was gleaned from my post! I totally respect everyone's privacy and understand your position as well. I was simply indicating that if she wanted to share, I would be interested in hearing it. I have to agree with you about journalists, etc. I have a very good feeling that quite a few things posted here were acted on elsewhere.

well it's after midnight here and I need sleep so plz, plz don't post too many interesting things overnight makes it so hard to catch up in the morning! ;) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelChard