long weekend break: discuss the latest here #102

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Panthera,

Last night you made a post about Jodi talking about putting batteries in recording devices. Do you know where that video is? I haven't seen it, and cannot find it anywhere! But would love to see it! TIA~!

It's the new interrogation video that was shown on NG's weekly trial recap program. She had been left alone in the interrogation room, had been snooping around in the trash, etc. Detective comes in and they begin talking and she turns around to the table behind her and picks up two recording devices, is asking if they work, if they have batteries....

Not sure where to find it in it's entirety.

:(

And ironically, the camera was not even broken--- it worked just fine. Are we to believe he was literally going to kill her, even though his camera was not damaged?

yet when she wrecked his BMW, his reaction as reported by all was to be understanding...

Like I posted in the past Jodi would have us believe Travis had major "technology rage" issues ..just couldn't handle anything happening to the vacay photos cd and the camera but was laid back about everything else :what:

They only dates five months. Right?

That's what I thought, and that they had broken up before he would have won the trip to Cancun. Guess we'll have to wait and see if there's any validity to this "news"!

Hey Panthera,

Last night you made a post about Jodi talking about putting batteries in recording devices. Do you know where that video is? I haven't seen it, and cannot find it anywhere! But would love to see it! TIA~!

I heard that too last night on Hln. I think it was during one of the newest interrogation tapes, she reaches behind her! Grabs two mini recorders and asks about the batteries. I think?

I'm no fan of JA at all, I think she's a sick and quite evil individual, but I'm kind of tired of her being demonised when all she did is what a thousand husbands and boyfriends do to their wives and girlfriends, every single year. We aren't having blow by blow coverage of these cases, because they are so common. Arias is no worse than any one of these guys and needs to be treated exactly the same, ho hum another domestic, not vilified and judged to be some sort of Evil Goddess.

She is not a Bundy who went rampantly slaughtering innocent strangers for nothing other than bloodlust. She had one victim. He treated her badly. It was a crime of passion, and not exactly motiveless as Bundy's crimes were.
By legal definition this wasn't a crime of passion. Logic suggests, were it not for the abundant amount of evidence of premeditation, it would have been in the defense's very best interests to pursue such as a defense strategy.

I personally believe this case garnering the media attention is a good thing in a sense. Too many people still believe men can't be the targets of abuse and women can't be every bit as lethally violent as their male counterparts. This case goes a very long way in disproving many erroneous myths, in my opinion.

It is my very firm belief if Jodi is allowed to walk free its unlikely she will remain with only one victim. No psychopath is necessarily worse than another - many have the propensity to cast a wide net of harm, violence, and/or even death, without conscience, until and unless they are held culpable for their actions.

MOO

ETA: I just wanted to add too, I tend to follow many intimate partner homicide cases for pretty obvious reasons. While each case is tragic for all involved, I have never become as emotionally attached to those cases as I have to this one. Make of it what you will...but I can't help but see Travis as a victim of Jodi's abusive, stalking, controlling, psychopathic behaviors for a long time leading up to his brutal murder.

Yes, we were asked NOT TO WEAR THEM DURING THE TRIAL. It could come up on appeal and result in a mis trial. We didn't want to go through the ordeal again so we behaved! :)

Awesome - Thank you! :)

ETA: I guess I just hope that people understand that this is court of law! Certain decorum is required!

I'm no fan of JA at all, I think she's a sick and quite evil individual, but I'm kind of tired of her being demonised when all she did is what a thousand husbands and boyfriends do to their wives and girlfriends, every single year. We aren't having blow by blow coverage of these cases, because they are so common. Arias is no worse than any one of these guys and needs to be treated exactly the same, ho hum another domestic, not vilified and judged to be some sort of Evil Goddess.

She is not a Bundy who went rampantly slaughtering innocent strangers for nothing other than bloodlust. She had one victim. He treated her badly. It was a crime of passion, and not exactly motiveless as Bundy's crimes were.

You are correct - JA had one victim. However, I look at poor Travis as her FIRST victim. I truly believe that this evil creature would kill again and again if the circumstances met her criteria for so-called 'abuse'. And that also includes women. IMO, she also suffers from a severe case of Anti-social Personality Disorder (ASPD)! She hates everyone!

Of course she was invited...She invited herself. As TA's friend that appeared on Dr Drew said "JA was always inviting herself to go anywhere with anyone"

Girl had no pride no shame! Very intrusive! She was famous for inviting herself! Where she wasnt realy wanted.

That's what I thought, and that they had broken up before he would have won the trip to Cancun. Guess we'll have to wait and see if there's any validity to this "news"!

But they were still traveling buddies after the break up and his winning would have been very close to the breakup date, when they were still friends. If he changed it in April, which I heard he told me Mimi in April he wanted to take her, it's possible that's why she moved away to Yreka around this time. We'll see if it's true!

They only dates five months. Right?

:bump:

This is the one detail the defense team wants everyone to forget.

5 months. That's it. 8th graders 'date' longer than that.....

Looks as if the DT's first DV witness, wasn't a DV expert at all. It was Cheryl L Karp, PhD, PC. She supposedly had a medical problem that interfered with her work on the trial, and was replaced by ALV.
Hmmmm

How did the court not break out laughing during the '....getting a bad haircut' question? Hilarious.

I heard that too last night on Hln. I think it was during one of the newest interrogation tapes, she reaches behind her! Grabs two mini recorders and asks about the batteries. I think?

I honestly would like to see all of it again. It is truly one of the most bizarre pieces of video I can remember, considering she is in a police interrogation room about to be arrested for murder.

:doh:

Looks as if the DT's first DV witness, wasn't a DV expert at all. It was Cheryl L Karp, PhD, PC. She supposedly had a medical problem that interfered with her work on the trial, and was replaced by ALV.
Hmmmm

Really?...(said in my beet Scooby Doo voice)...I missed that! Thanks JJ!!!

With total respect, have you seen the crime scene and autopsy photos? That is what a demon does. Killing is one thing. Butchering for the sake of butchering is evil. I believe she's demonic personified, IMO.

I agree. I don't know how many of you saw the HLN Afterdark episode the other night but Judge Alex was on and was asked why Jodi brought the knife. He made a statement that really hit home with me and explained it very simply. Jodi was so enraged that she planned and executed her plan to murder Travis. She used the knife simply because she wanted to feel it enter his body over and over again, simply because in her mind, he deserved it and she needed to end him hold on her life forever. She wanted to experience the feeling she got from delivering horrendous pain as much as possible to Travis. The gun was just the coup de gras, to end it so that she could start her life anew and go on with it. I think that Judge Alex nailed it. Jodi was ready to make Travis pay. She planned on taping him, photographing him, causing him the most pain possible and murdering him, therefore putting him completely out of her life and then she would be free to go on and start another life.

BBM...that is the frustrating part. We are all trying to figure out all the details of how she did it exactly, knowing that we will never be able to prove it. It is a mystery as to how she was so quickly able to overpower him and leave basically unscathed. Only she knows, and we will never get the truth from her. Thankfully, the things that are proven are enough to convict her of this heinous crime.

Unfortunately, this was not classified as a heinous crime by the state.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Do you mean this one?

169_zps94314fde.jpg

Thanks, Steely Dan!!

If that text isn't proof of a motive, I don't know what is... Sounds like she did something BAD and he was about to expose her to EVERYONE.

Did more come out about this? I've searched the threads and can't find anything. Even the timeline thread...

Hate to be a bother, but I can't believe I missed the significance of this in court. And why was she reading it as part of the defense? IMHO it makes her look worse. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Onus