long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be totally wrong and please correct me if I am, but I think that premeditation could have been formed standing outside the shower with the knife in her hand, just long enough to think of killing him and then acting on it. I don't believe the premeditation requires hours or days, or gas cans or stealing the gun. If she found a baseball bat in that house, got angry enough to kill TA, decided to do it, and then did it, that is premeditation. I totally understand that the gas cans, the plan for the roadtrip and the theft of Grampa's gun bolsters the claim that she LONG planned it, but that timeframe and those actions aren't required for premeditation. Correct me if I'm wrong on this?

I've thought about many different scenarios of how this happened and what she could have been thinking. Was it a sudden rage? Planned suicide? Pre meditated murder?

I keep coming back to the gas cans, phone, and gun. I just can't get around those. But those are only indicators that she didn't want anyone one to know she had been at Travis'. They aren't in and of themselves proof that she premeditated murder. So I keep jumping back and forth between murder and threatened suicide gone wrong.

Not only is Samuels stuck in the 70's, he is pushing 70. His CV shows he got his undergrad degree in 1965, which would make him 68-69years old. It also does not list any continuing education within the past ten years.

In his 35 years, he has administered this PSD test 15 times, so it would appear that he does not have extensive experience in this area.

IIRC, at least three times in his testimony he made comments about discontinuing certain areas of practice because they were not lucrative. Most people who have been successful in their careers would be retired by this point in life; I don't sense any dedication on his part and believe he is still working because he cannot afford to retire.

In terms of experience, I'll take quality over quantity.

He reminds me of some of these "expert" Forensic Pathologists who decide to retire from autopsies and working for the State and turn to defen$e attorneys and do ridiculous things like spit ketchup across a courtroom to try and spit how a murder victim spit up tens of thousands of blood spatter...while dying or dead. (that would be Dr. Henry Lee fyi).

JodiArias: "I felt like I was living in a suicidal fog while in Mesa."

I'll bet that there are several people here who feel as though they are living in a suicidal fog while following this trial.

Time to head off to bed here :) Stay safe and sleep well all WSers! And once again, TYVM to the Admins and Mods for giving us a civil and mannerly place to ask our questions, toss out our theories, agree to disagree (rarely do we disagree! lol), ask for and send hugs and prayers and be treated with dignity and respect :) See you all tomorrow, in Juanderland! :)

I have a lot to catch up on. This thread moves by so fast!

I just want to say for now that I don't believe JA ever planned on killing herself in front of Travis. No way she went through all that planning (white car, hair color, gas cans etc.)just so she could kill herself in Travis' house. NO. She planned all along to murder Travis and make it seem as though she were never in Arizona. She thought she could move on with her life after that.

You are an angel. I, for one, will be waiting for your posts. Prayers for the continued health of your brother, sweetie.
Just give Juan a thumbs up for us if you can.

We were severely admonished on Thurs for making any kind of gestures or even passing a note in the family area. so I'll do my thumbs up through my eyes for ya. ;) Thanks for thinking of my sweet brother..he reported feeling better tonite. :)

I don't know the post number you're talking about, but Steely and legalmania are both in the Justice for Travis camp. Perhaps you misunderstood their posts.
No worries - you are posting among like minded friends. We are all waiting for Arias to get her comeuppance.

ITA but have to add that even if a poster had a very differing opinion they would be permitted to have it, believe it and still be treated with respect and civility here. That's why I love this forum. It's not the Wild West :) We treat each other well and that's da rulz! :) Nite all!

Well she definitely came prepared. She may have just thought she'd wait until she had the opportunity. They would be alone at some point. I also wonder if she was in a mindset of allowing him to "redeem himself" to her and if he saw things her way maybe she would have spared him?

Also what if, what if, she wa the stalker type that many consider her to be that she knew of the roommates work hours and habits...so knew she had her window of time. But, and if I were on the jury, I would ask myself how she would be so confident about a window of killing given that the new roommate had only lived there 2 weeks. How could she know HIS habits and hours at work?

I am just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that she planned this, with so many loose, wild cards in play (2 roommates). Either one of them could have stepped into the scene at any time...so to me that earns credit towards a spontaneous killing...I know this is not popular, and I so believe she planned this, but how do we explain the roommate wildcards?

I have a lot to catch up on. This thread moves by so fast!

I just want to say for now that I don't believe JA ever planned on killing herself in front of Travis. No way she went through all that planning (white car, hair color, gas cans etc.)just so she could kill herself in Travis' house. NO. She planned all along to murder Travis and make it seem as though she were never in Arizona. She thought she could move on with her life after that.

I meant that JA was going to possibly 'threaten suicide' not actually plan to off herself. Using the suicide threat was what she had done before. I never would believe that she'd actually kill herself, no way.

You think Jodi is innocent?

One more time, who thinks that Jodi is innocent?

No, Auburn, I do not. I wish I could say otherwise--that this was all a big mistake, that it never happened, etc.. I'm the kind of person who releases spiders outside and uses humane mouse traps.

But things aren't looking good for Jodi.

You may have misunderstood my posts. No problem.

Also what if, what if, she wa the stalker type that many consider her to be that she knew of the roommates work hours and habits...so knew she had her window of time. But, and if I were on the jury, I would ask myself how she would be so confident about a window of killing given that the new roommate had only lived there 2 weeks. How could she know HIS habits and hours at work?

I am just trying to wrap my brain around the fact that she planned this, with so many loose, wild cards in play (2 roommates). Either one of them could have stepped into the scene at any time...so to me that earns credit towards a spontaneous killing...I know this is not popular, and I so believe she planned this, but how do we explain the roommate wildcards?
I happen to believe if she encountered a roommate, they would be murdered just like Travis.

I meant that JA was going to possibly 'threaten suicide' not actually plan to off herself. Using the suicide threat was what she had done before. I never would believe that she'd actually kill herself, no way.

Absolutely. She keeps saying she's suicidal, but she's not. She's never wanted her life to end...she just wanted the life she had without Travis to end and would have done anything to get him back...or he would pay the ultimate cost.

Does anyone have a categorical, analytical response to the concept that, ""if she planned and premeditated to kill Travis, then how is it that she knew she would have a window of time undetected in that not one, but TWO roommates would not be a problem, or interfere? What I am saying is that it would be easier to plan a murder of a single guy w/no roommates, but how would she be able to plan , and count on the fact that, the roommates would not be there during the murder , or even during the attempted clean-up of the murder? I am genuinely interessted to know your thoughts on this point.
Thanks.

I think she knew through Travis or other people that on that day the one roommate wouldn't be there because he was housesitting somewhere, and the other one she already knew his schedule of when he left in the morning and when he came home. She spent a lot of time there and with those people and knew their schedules, and planned the murder to happen when she knew they wouldn't be there.

I'm curious as to what ulterior motive you think he might have? If he intentionally screws up to nullify the DT there are huge repercussions for not only the trial for himself as a professional. Care to share? I am very curious!

Maybe it is not intentional. Maybe there is a medical reason that wasn't presenting earlier in the trial process or when he has met with the DT. They seemed surprised to me and taken aback with some of his answers. I think it was obvious he was not prepared for JM and his methods. I think the same could be said for the entire DT too. jmo

I got a good laugh out of it! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Steely must be taking on of his naps. HAHA!! :great: :facepalm:

Steely got a question to me on the radio tonite...for a second there I thought he was gonna ask me on a date but noooooo....:banghead: lol

Maybe it is not intentional. Maybe there is a medical reason that wasn't presenting earlier in the trial process or when he has met with the DT. They seemed surprised to me and taken aback with some of his answers. I think it was obvious he was not prepared for JM and his methods. I think the same could be said for the entire DT too. jmo

You could be totally on point! I may have misunderstood the OP referring to an ulterior motive, meaning that RS had his own motivation for screwing up on the stand. It's late, I have said goodnight here twice and yet I still sit here typing :floorlaugh:

I can't be held responsible for anything I say after midnight LOLOL

No, Auburn, I do not. I wish I could say otherwise--that this was all a big mistake, that it never happened, etc.. I'm the kind of person who releases spiders outside and uses humane mouse traps.

But things aren't looking good for Jodi.

You may have misunderstood my posts. No problem.
I'll take care of the spiders for you jinx. And I don't feel a bit bad about killing mice - I'm too afraid of them to catch them in a live trap!!
I'm not only a coward, I'm a mean coward. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member