long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take care of the spiders for you jinx. And I don't feel a bit bad about killing mice - I'm too afraid of them to catch them in a live trap!!
I'm not only a coward, I'm a mean coward. lol

The live traps are easy and amusing. I don't have to touch a mouse at all. Most of the time I drive a mile or so to let them out, but if I'm lazy or it's inconvenient, I just let them out in the front yard, which means they probably just come back in at some point if the roadrunners don't dine on them first! :floorlaugh:

But if things go well, I just take them to a state park that's very close to home. I figure they can fend for themselves or become food for the wildlife there. This is better than their chewing on/chitting in my house.:seeya:

I have a little mouse living in my pantry right now! I have a tiny "have a heart trap" but its too cold to put her outside now. So ... I bought a bag of mouse chow from Petsmart and i leave a tiny bowl of water for her because I don't want her eating our food or roaming around. We have an understanding;) and apparently my two cats and the mouse also have an understanding...

Once it warms up...she's evicted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aww if I lived closer I would take her and add her to my female mouse crew!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Katie
I don't understand why they would admonish you guys! All the while Jodi's mom and aunt act inappropriate by giggling like school girls.

Just jumping in here, hope you don't mind. I'm sure both sides have received admonishments.

The Arias family doesn't give two $**% if there is a mistrial and this goes on for years and years. They wouldn't listen to an admonishment if they were threatened with contempt. IMO - they would love it!

However, I am pretty sure Travis's family wants this to be over with, with a guilty verdict in hand. They listen to the courts! I respect them for it. They have been pillars of strength. I can't imagine having to listen to this garbage and not flinching in court.

:moo:

I have a little mouse living in my pantry right now! I have a tiny "have a heart trap" but its too cold to put her outside now. So ... I bought a bag of mouse chow from Petsmart and i leave a tiny bowl of water for her because I don't want her eating our food or roaming around. We have an understanding;) and apparently my two cats and the mouse also have an understanding...

There is such a thing as mouse chow? I'd have to throw it to him from my place standing on the chair. I have an terrible fright of them. I know it's not logical - just one of those things I'll have to work on.
Too bad Arias got over her fear ......of guns.

There is such a thing as mouse chow? I'd have to throw it to him from my place standing on the chair. I have an terrible fright of them. I know it's not logical - just one of those things I'll have to work on.
Too bad Arias got over her fear ......of guns.

You find it at petsmart with guinea pig food, hamster food, rat food...nuts and seeds and block food.

Jodi was getting into his voicemail. Apparently she was checking out his messages, also. I don't think Travis was serious about the top of the list remark and if he was his texting to her after this event changed all that. Jodi claims to have gone to her Bishop about the sex they were having after Travis died. Is it possible she went before Travis died and played the tape for the Bishop and Travis' heard about it through his church. She is spiteful and might do something like that. I thought when she said she confessed to the Bishop after Travis was dead.....what's the point????? She left a dead man behind and went to grind on another Mormon. It wasn't as if she planned on changing. jmo

It's my understanding she called the Arizona bishop to ask what he knew about Travis' murder trying to find out what the police theory was.

I have never seen any evidence or mention of her going to her own bishop other than out of her (lying) mouth.

So that's the same as hearing nothing.

Like you said, what would be the point? Her method of attracting men did not require her to be in full fellowship with the church, in fact, it would have hampered her to be on probation or to be disciplined.

You too fragile?
OMG - what is it with mouse lovers here???? You guys are way too kind.
Just don't let them come to my house, or they're gonners. lol

aww if I lived closer I would take her and add her to my female mouse crew!

I'll admit, I'm getting a little attached, she's really cute. She watches me now when i fill up her little food bowl. I left cotton balls for her to make a bed....

On the plus side, I haven't named her and I only briefly considered buying a cage and keeping her.

My husband thinks I'm nuts

Steely is one in a million....:rocker: glad to see so many of us have his back!

Sleep well everybody! Looking forward to more justice tomorrow!
:eek:fftobed:

I'll admit, I'm getting a little attached, she's really cute. She watches me now when i fill up her little food bowl. I left cotton balls for her to make a bed....

On the plus side, I haven't named her and I only briefly considered buying a cage and keeping her.

My husband thinks I'm nuts

I think you are making this up. :floorlaugh: BTW how do you know it is a she? :)

I'm curious as to what ulterior motive you think he might have? If he intentionally screws up to nullify the DT there are huge repercussions for not only the trial for himself as a professional. Care to share? I am very curious!

As a paralegal I have spent many many active hours in courtrooms. I have worked with expert witnesses and have even been called as an expert witness. I think Dr. Samuals alternative motive was to only do his job but not to the fullest extent of his professionalism. I think if he fully believed this defense was going to work he would have made sure all his T's were crossed and all his I's were dotted. He wouldn't have left such an obvious open door for the prosecution. IMO it looks like very basic and amateur mistakes. Not the work of a 35yr veteran with trial experience. This happens a lot, when an expert doesn't fully agree with the direction the defense wants to use. I think Dr. Samuals wanted to go with the rage defense. When he was shot down he became sloppy. It's hard to prove if it was intentional. He was still professional but didn't agree fully with the PTSD diagnosis. I want to thank you for asking me the question in a mature and respectful manner.

You too fragile?

I like anything with fur. I feel a connection with them in a way that's reciprocal in some way. It's pretty amazing to me that even a wild field mouse can come to trust I won't hurt it.

Don't care much for things with scales, fins or feathers.

I think you are making this up. :floorlaugh: BTW how do you know it is a she? :)
Just guessing... It looks like a she to me. I could be wrong. lol

Ok. You guys are making me itch just thinking about mice. See you all tomorrow for a fantastic day with Juan!!

You too fragile?

I think I am going to report every mouse post...they freak me out. Scares the heck out of me and I am going to have nightmares. Totally O/T too. Lol.

My mice start coming in sometimes when it gets warm outside! It makes no sense. I have a couple of dogs, and once, Daisy actually caught one. She alerts me to their presence.

I can't believe that I just wrote "my mice"---:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

So I toss them outside regardless of the weather, preferably more than a mile from my house where the state park is.

Sometimes they make a squeaking noise when I release them from the trap--really funny, and they run around, "Oh, FEH...!"--but I'm sure they settle down into the leaves, pine needles, etc. eventually. :seeya:

I've thought about many different scenarios of how this happened and what she could have been thinking. Was it a sudden rage? Planned suicide? Pre meditated murder?

I keep coming back to the gas cans, phone, and gun. I just can't get around those. But those are only indicators that she didn't want anyone one to know she had been at Travis'. They aren't in and of themselves proof that she premeditated murder. So I keep jumping back and forth between murder and threatened suicide gone wrong.

This may be the same exact questions the jury is asking themselves. Was it intent or premeditation? Why did she wait so long to commit the crime? She didn't seem to have a plan. She was all over the place, with both her stories and the crime.

Just guessing... It looks like a she to me. I could be wrong. lol

once you have named her, you are done for....

i love gerbils, rats, hamsters, mice... they are all cute. and can be pets and pests i guess, depending on who you talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91