long weekend break: discuss the latest here #103

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm watching Lifetime Movie Network.
A movie is on that could be about JA
if she married a divorced man with a daughter.
Stalker, jealous, computer snoop, thinks every man
cheated on her!

This woman IS mentally ill and off her meds..

"The Wife He Met Online"

LOL...that's what I'm watching, too.

It's been a great movie weekend on Lifetime and LMN.

Haven't done anything to prepare for court tomorrow either, but since I'm EST, I can get caught up in the morning :)

Sorry for the OT

ALV attended the meeting about the letters by telephone, and I'm sure the entire thing was taped. Will we hear ALV actually lie on the stand about weather Arias lied to her about the pedo claims? I can't think she would really do that, considering her professional reputation. Then Juan can just say Arias lied to her, so how can she believe whatever Arias told her.
Well, I think he'll at least START there. Bet she's dreading it by now.
BBM

If she has any integrity, she surely is dreading it.

MOO

JA was very invested in her studies of the BOM. Always did her studies, read the chapters rather quickly actually. She seemed to be investigating the church, asking good questions, interested in the church. Travis was never there, it seemed like they never discussed the teachings with each other. After 4-5 weeks, 6 weeks JA discussed baptism and they prayed on it and then prepared JA for it. JA asked who baptizes me? After another lesson JA says she wants Travis to baptize her and so they arranged that. She was not pushed into this religion this was something JA wanted for herself.

She maintained some sort of sporadic contact with the missionaries which they said isn't unusual, and they were going to make contact with her around the spring of 2008 when the one missionary had return from his trip. The one called the other and said have you heard from JA and he said no. He said well I goggled her name and saw she is in jail in Mesa for the murder of Travis Alexander! etc etc

I was hoping he would say they had discussed chastity with her! He never really addressed her living with DB or anything.

Elder Jenson did mention about her moving to Northern CA, about living with a boyfriend and temptation. it's towards the end.

Well....if 35 years experience is all it takes to be an expert...count me in as an Expert on Chocolate !!!!! sigh...really...this guy is sooooooo bad !

Believe it or not, I'm a 35 year cancer survivor. So I guess that makes me an expert on . . . something, not sure what. But whatever it is, I'm better at it than him.

LOL...that's what I'm watching, too.

It's been a great movie weekend on Lifetime and LMN.

Haven't done anything to prepare for court tomorrow either, but since I'm EST, I can get caught up in the morning :)

Sorry for the OT

"Untouchable" on in 20 minutes.

:D

She moved in with her grandparents I think.
I thought she went back to Monterry and the resort job. They have housing for staff. But then that makes Daryl's testimony about her letting the house go seem kind of Hinkey. Of course this is just from my rather severely damaged memory cells after enduring all Jodi's testimony. >;-)

If DR S learned it I am sure everyone can. He must be a slow learner if it took him 35yrs experience to read the scores. What a <mod snip>.

Somebody yesterday said he's had 1 year of experience 35 times. I think that pretty well sums him up.

I think the text he sent on the 26th (?) put her over the edge. He was on to her. He was done with her, for good this time, and she couldn't accept that. She had to get rid of him because she could no longer control him. She wanted to hurt him and be the one to take him out of this world because then she would forever have that connection with him, forever have control.

I agree, but I also wonder what he knew about something she had done. He was about to expose her if she refused to come clean on her own.

From the text it sounds as if it was something REALLY bad because he threatened to tell EVERYONE - her parents, their friends, their church admins, etc. To me, that text makes her look terrible and speaks to motive.

I must be missing something, though, because the DT are the ones that brought that text up and had the killer read it from the stand. #scratchingmyheadatthatone

JW opened the door by going over EVERY SINGLE QUESTION, having him answer in excruciating detail! I mean, I've seen enough of JM during this trial to know I'm not going to try to pull one over on him by turning in something phony. Couldn't this severely impact Dr. Fog's career? Even the most lenient board would consider faking an answer sheet and lying about it highly unethical, I would think. :twocents:

BBM. Why did she do that? I still don't understand it. At the very end, she got him to give a little more explanation, but the rest of the time he simply repeated what he said. It makes no sense to me. It was if she wasn't listening to his answers the first time around, she was too busy writing down the questions. SMH

The original domestic violence concept was a narrow one, confined to family violence in a household. This has been expanded by organisations who assist victims so that individuals who date, who break up, who have never cohabited can participate in domestic violence. The term has stretched until it has blown its seams. Not all jurisdictions recognise in law the new expanded version. "Domestic violence" loses me when it asserts a perpetrator of a horrendous crime (to quote Samuels) will travel a thousand miles to join a threat and yet retain victim status. Yes, the singed moth flies 1,000 miles to the flame and somehow, the flame is at fault. So we are looking at a logical contortion where yes, the defendant is admittedly by her own expert, perpetrator of a horrendous crime, initiator of the encounter at cost to her in time, energy and expense and yet appeals to us for sympathy as victim of domestic violence. She was in no wise part of a domestic surround unless she chose to be. Intimate partner violence is a better rubric but the incongruous roles Arias is representing to us clash and clang like a knife on tile.

Elder Jenson did mention about her moving to Northern CA, about living with a boyfriend and temptation. it's towards the end.

Yes I vaguely remember that, I was typing my notes then. Thanks!

Believe it or not, I'm a 35 year cancer survivor. So I guess that makes me an expert on . . . something, not sure what. But whatever it is, I'm better at it than him.

You are an expert survivor!

JA was very invested in her studies of the BOM. Always did her studies, read the chapters rather quickly actually. She seemed to be investigating the church, asking good questions, interested in the church. Travis was never there, it seemed like they never discussed the teachings with each other. After 4-5 weeks, 6 weeks JA discussed baptism and they prayed on it and then prepared JA for it. JA asked who baptizes me? After another lesson JA says she wants Travis to baptize her and so they arranged that. She was not pushed into this religion this was something JA wanted for herself.

She maintained some sort of sporadic contact with the missionaries which they said isn't unusual, and they were going to make contact with her around the spring of 2008 when the one missionary had return from his trip. The one called the other and said have you heard from JA and he said no. He said well I goggled her name and saw she is in jail in Mesa for the murder of Travis Alexander! etc etc

I was hoping he would say they had discussed chastity with her! He never really addressed her living with DB or anything.

He defintely didn't sound like the young teenage boys missionaries she said came to her house, you know...she couldn't/wouldn't/shouldn't ask THEM about the law of chastity. Not gonna do it, wouldn’t be prudent :giggle:

:hug: to you!!!!

Bringing this over

Quote:
Originally Posted by christee View Post
bbm
One victim that we know of. Seriously, It would not surprise me to learn she has killed before.
jmo
This is another thing that's making my head spin on these threads. This is a relatively standard intimate partner crime. None of the details are particularly shocking or unusual except that we've seen pics of private parts because they're the best evidence of presence at the crime scene and the religious aspect. Mormons doing un-Mormanlike things always makes the news here (see the bestiality couple I posted previously). Yeah, there were a bunch of stabs wounds. Compare it to the other case that Juan prosecuted with the rape and killing of a teen girl and the torture of her little brother in the presence of her restrained parents. THAT is sick. Manson's followers committed their crimes on complete strangers. They cut the fetus in his out of the stomach of a 9 month pregnant woman. Dahmer drilled holes into his victim's brain while he was alive and poured chemicals in there to see what would happen.

Jodi Arias isn't even slightly the worst criminal who's walked the face of the earth. Not even close. If she were to be out of prison tomorrow, I wouldn't worry myself about her in the slightest. jm

Baby Paul was not cut out of his mothers womb by anybody that night,but was removed at autopsy and was placed in his mothers arms in her casket. Just to set the record straight.

Oh definitely. Makes me ill.

JA reminds me a lot of O.J. Both are sociopaths who don't feel badly because the collective "we" are beneath them and couldn't possibly understand that they were justified in what they did. O.J. created this great lifestyle for Nicole, but she just wouldn't return the favor and stay in line with O.J.'s plan for how she needed to behave. JA, similarly, created the perfect wife for TA (she was pretty, she became a Mormon for him, she gave him what he wanted sexually, etc.), but he just wouldn't conform to her idea of their perfect future together. In the end, in their world, they truly believe that "we" will never understand that they simply had it coming. JMHO.

Bringing this over

Quote:
Originally Posted by christee View Post
bbm
One victim that we know of. Seriously, It would not surprise me to learn she has killed before.
jmo
This is another thing that's making my head spin on these threads. This is a relatively standard intimate partner crime. None of the details are particularly shocking or unusual except that we've seen pics of private parts because they're the best evidence of presence at the crime scene and the religious aspect. Mormons doing un-Mormanlike things always makes the news here (see the bestiality couple I posted previously). Yeah, there were a bunch of stabs wounds. Compare it to the other case that Juan prosecuted with the rape and killing of a teen girl and the torture of her little brother in the presence of her restrained parents. THAT is sick. Manson's followers committed their crimes on complete strangers. They cut the fetus in his out of the stomach of a 9 month pregnant woman. Dahmer drilled holes into his victim's brain while he was alive and poured chemicals in there to see what would happen.

Jodi Arias isn't even slightly the worst criminal who's walked the face of the earth. Not even close. If she were to be out of prison tomorrow, I wouldn't worry myself about her in the slightest. jm

Baby Paul was not cut out of his mothers womb by anybody that night,but was removed at autopsy and was placed in his mothers arms in her casket. Just to set the record straight.

Honestly, I was awake during the time period she was posting,and she made lot of people unhappy. Not sure we want to go there. Pretty sure a Mod eventually had to step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leoa69