long weekend break: discuss the latest here #113

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gus is sleazy"...haha, that's an understatement. I want to call him one of my favorite words....Smarmy.

No kidding. Would you buy a used car from that man? If he's in the "ring club" or whatever nonsense he kept going on about with PPL, that tells me all I need to know about that little operation.

No, no, I'm not saying that Mormon confession is more "serious" than Catholic confession at all! To the best of my knowledge, though, if you confess something to a Catholic priest that prevents you from taking communion, it is not announced at Sunday services. In the Mormon church, it is. That's my undestanding, anyway.

No worries. I see your point, and in fact, that's quite true. A priest will not reveal information given in confession; and as long as penance is performed, you could receive communion. There is a big difference there with regard to the public announcement, so it might be that he would be much more concerned about having that little indiscretion revealed once he had taken the step of officially confessing (and assuming that he was then told to stay away from her.)

One thing that bothers me about this dragging photo. She is dragging him to the shower but the position of his right arm seems to be out of position for this scenario. It seems to be in front of his chest. If he was being dragged by the arms they would be stretched out towards the direction of being dragged. Also it's obvious that his throat has already been slashed in this photo. So why is his head positioned like he is actually resting his chin on his chest or trying to raise his head up. This would seem to be impossble because the throat slashing/ near decapitation would have severed almost all of the neck muscles. If anything his head would be dangling backwards toward the floor while being dragged.

The ME stated she did not go through to the thick neck muscles in the back of his neck.

She was so wary, yet she told Flores at some point, "You're so weird." And she wasn't playing cute at the time. Very revealing that she was savvy enough to avoid being trapped into a virtual confession, yet not savvy enough to make herself be respectful to the detective in charge.

I can't remember who pointed out that the "so weird" comment was really just a passive aggressive way of trying to get him to change his behavior. It's consistent with her narcissism -- "I don't like what you're saying or how you're treating me, so change it." The throwing herself all over the table and displaying her body as much as possible didn't seem to be working.

:cow:

I wondered too if he wasn't bluffing her. But, I can't believe that no one heard or saw anything. Like the gun shot for instance.

This murder occurred in less than 62 seconds, inside an enclosed house on a 94 degree day. TA's master suite was closed and locked. The neighbors' houses were undoubtedly closed as well.

I believe she may also have used a pillow/folded towel to help silence the small gun. This would explain the lack of stippling even at very close range.

I would have been more surprised if anyone outside that house heard anything at all, unless it was TA's loud and panicked yelling and groaning which ended the moment she slit his throat.

Again, it was not a matter of hours or minutes. The lying torture-murderess slaughtered him in seconds.

Speaking a long the lines of a "Bishop". I find it totally hard to believe that any Bishop would gossip with JA about other people's business.

Exactly. Makes no sense. The Bishop told JA that Mimi wasn't interested in TA as a boyfriend and just wanted to be his friend? Bah. No way.

Speaking a long the lines of a "Bishop". I find it totally hard to believe that any Bishop would gossip with JA about other people's business.

My mother was a member of the church and members were encouraged to "testify" in front of members to acknowledge the sin on the record so to speak.

This murder occurred in only 62 seconds, inside an enclosed house on a 94 degree day. TA's master suite was closed and locked. The neighbors' houses were undoubtedly closed as well.

I believe she may also have used a pillow/folded towel to help silence the small gun. This would explain the lack of stippling even at very close range.

I would have been more surprised if anyone outside that house heard anything at all, unless it was TA's loud and panicked yelling and groaning which ended the moment she slit his throat.

Again, it was not a matter of hours or minutes. The lying torture-murderess slaughtered him in seconds.

I still believe that Napolian was probably making some kind of big stink during all of that.

I can see her foot,( looks like she has socks on) her pants with the hemline/seam that everyone is talking about. It is I think the second picture, it is much lighter than the others I have seen which to me have just been a big blur. But now I see it.
I think his arm is in that position because she is pulling him kind of sideways, maybe to try and turn him around. OMG.

ITA with this. I could not for the life of me figure that picture out until someone posted that reenactment, then it was clear.

I've read quite a bit of learned counselor's consensus that the self-defense has been abandoned and the DT seems to have switched to a crime of passion/the moment in the hope of getting a lesser included of 2nd degree from the jury.

That could be the something going wrong you are thinking of because the jury doesn't feel they've let her off, but they just can't understand how this could have been premeditated when Travis and Jodi were getting along so well just hours before.

I don't think that will happen, but I've been wrong many times before. :(

The charging will be quite interesting. Here are the possibilities:
- 1st degree: Premeditated murder
- 2nd degree: Intentional murder but not premeditated (e.g. crime of passion)
- Manslaughter etc.: Unintentional (not sure where the splits are here)
- Not guilty (self-defense)

Nurmi's wet dream would be that the jury gets all of the above and some holdout forces them to compromise on 2nd degree.

IANAL but I would think JM would fight like hell against 2nd degree being included. The defense has offered zero evidence that it was a crime of passion. If she gets 2nd degree, then she's going to be out in a few years anyway, so I think JM's preference would be to go for broke - either it's a premeditated murder or accidental or self defense. I'd think he would rather the jury's compromise if one is needed be on LWOP instead of DP.

Anyone know how this works? If there has been zero evidence to support 2nd degree murder, can the judge exclude it? Not that I think she would, but in theory could she? We'll see if in Nurmi's closing he suddenly introduces this crime of passion theory out of thin air.

Did you hear Jodi tell Flores about one of her goals for that year? Overcoming her fear of hand guns. Guess she checked that one off her list.

I still believe that Napolian was probably making some kind of big stink during all of that.

Not impossible, but I very much doubt it.

The private, locked-door approach was their routine during sex, what with the roommates and all.

I don't think Napoleon was allowed while they were doing Pop Rocks, Tootsie Pops, bubble-baths, etc.

Besides we already know that he was 'gated-out' downstairs.

Sorry for the O/T. Guys I have been here long enough to call WS home. You guys have been my crutch through some horrible ordeals and I humbly thank each and every one for your support. Take a moment to read this travesty, then take an extra few moments to hold your loved ones close. This has absolutely broken my heart. :(

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Stinney"]George Stinney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Sorry for the O/T Mods.....

Not impossible, but I very much doubt it.

The private, locked-door approach was their routine during sex, what with the roommates and all.

I don't think Napoleon was allowed while they were doing Pop Rocks, Tootsie Pops, bubble-baths, etc.

Besides we already know that he was 'gated-out' downstairs.

TRUE but, I would think Napolian would have heard the fact that his master was being murdered and reacted to that. Big difference between murder vs sex sounds.

The charging will be quite interesting. Here are the possibilities:
- 1st degree: Premeditated murder
- 2nd degree: Intentional murder but not premeditated (e.g. crime of passion)
- Manslaughter etc.: Unintentional (not sure where the splits are here)
- Not guilty (self-defense)

Nurmi's wet dream would be that the jury gets all of the above and some holdout forces them to compromise on 2nd degree.

IANAL but I would think JM would fight like hell against 2nd degree being included. The defense has offered zero evidence that it was a crime of passion. If she gets 2nd degree, then she's going to be out in a few years anyway, so I think JM's preference would be to go for broke - either it's a premeditated murder or accidental or self defense. I'd think he would rather the jury's compromise if one is needed be on LWOP instead of DP.

Anyone know how this works? If there has been zero evidence to support 2nd degree murder, can the judge exclude it? Not that I think she would, but in theory could she? We'll see if in Nurmi's closing he suddenly introduces this crime of passion theory out of thin air.

Am I wrong in thinking that there could also be the option for Felony Murder?
Sorry if this is a stupid question ...

Me too, and I doubt the bishop told her anything about Mimi and Travis. I bet she got the information from reading Travis' emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018