LP's Confidence #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i read here a lot, and don't post much unless something really strikes me. I am not in an lp fanclub, nor do i post here to defend him. But even as an observer to the threads, the thing that stands out time after time is that every time lp's name is mentioned, the same few posters rush to "critic"ize him. It certainly comes off as snarky when people can't discuss anything he says or does, without the critics coming in to point out lp's failings, and to totally discount every thing he does.

We all are here for the same reason: To discuss and sleuth the case. Everyone here has lots to offer, and i am always thrilled with the insights from our great posters. But where is the harm if someone wants to admire the work lp has done in this case? Why should so many seem to want to invalidate their feelings?

Lp is certainly a lightning rod, and a polarizing figure. Let's discuss the case and his confidence without taking sides against each other here based on our feelings about one man.

Excellent Post......

Sorry I don't mean to inject myself into this but I feel the need to say a little something. I was on here 2 days ago and in this very thread and 9 out of 10 posts were negative ones about Mr. LP. I think the reason that Leonard supporters are reacting so strongly right now is because of the how strong all of the negative comments were. Therer are certain players in this case that bring out the best and worst in all of us. Certain players have been right at times and certain players have been wrong at times. This includes members of law enforcement and the media. This thread happens to be about LP. I just want to say that I applaud him for going directly to the FBI and not buying into the video for monetary gain. In the begining of this all I think LP's heart was in the wrong place, over time he fell in love with Caylee and let his heart be moved to the right side of the law. NOW, people don't want to see the good in him or believe he may be right because of his past actions......and that is okay, in the end the truth will come into the light and all will be known.....it DOESN"T matter WHO is right or wrong.......AS LONG AS THERE IS JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE......

I know you're defending LP but I don't agree with the statement I put in red.

LP had his heart in the right place from the beginning. He wanted to find a live Caylee. When he met with Casey and her family they started spewing the same BS they had been saying over and over again and when he called them on it they angrily told him to get out. He then revoked Caysey's bond.

I think he came into it believing Caylee was still alive and quickly became aware there was a wall of BS that was being erected.

Did he come into the case for some fame? I definitely think so but he brings a lot to the table as a bounty hunter. I don't see anything wrong with being a media *advertiser censored* as long as your in it for the right reasons.

At 70 with his own TV show I doubt he's doing it for the money. After all he put up $500k of his own money to bail out Casey.

DC can deny all he wants to about whatever conversations he did or did not have with JH. He is not the one who finally brought it to LE. He is shown on the ten minute video doing the searches. His phone records which LE can now get a SW for will reflect if the call was made to JH to back up his story and to find out who he was in contact with at the time.

I don't see how DC can say he was looking for an Alive Caylee while the A fam was stating they would NOT associate with anyone who was not. DC being there contradicts their statement which I have seen with my own eyes Cindy make repeatedly. We also know that DC was touting the last two so-called sightings right up until December 10th via the A fam on LKL. At that time, the innocent child's photo at the mall was being plastered wall to wall on national tv. (I hope her family sues!)

Who's family?

I know you're defending LP but I don't agree with the statement I put in red.

LP had his heart in the right place from the beginning. He wanted to find a live Caylee. When he met with Casey and her family they started spewing the same BS they had been saying over and over again and when he called them on it they angrily told him to get out. He then revoked Caysey's bond.

I think he came into it believing Caylee was still alive and quickly became aware there was a wall of BS that was being erected.

Did he come into the case for some fame? I definitely think so but he brings a lot to the table as a bounty hunter. I don't see anything wrong with being a media *advertiser censored* as long as your in it for the right reasons.

At 70 with his own TV show I doubt he's doing it for the money. After all he put up $500k of his own money to bail out Casey.

Who's family?

I think that SS is referring to the family of the young child whose picture was seen everywhere as a possible "Caylee sighting".

And in the end, the truth will be told, and we will all find out what a total scam this guy was.

snipped

But he came into it making a lot of excuses for KC. No one in their right mind believed KC's stories, even from the beginning! I honestly think LP came into this mess on false pretenses. JMO.

I think that SS is referring to the family of the young child whose picture was seen everywhere as a possible "Caylee sighting".

Got it.

Unless her family suffered something due to this they really don't have a leg to sue on. I don't recall any reports of her family be hounded or anything.

snipped

But he came into it making a lot of excuses for KC. No one in their right mind believed KC's stories, even from the beginning! I honestly think LP came into this mess on false pretenses. JMO.

I agree, false pretenses for sure. But having said that, he is in the right place now.

snipped

One thing we should remember, is that when LP came to bond KC out, he was not as knowledgeable as we were. If he read any threads here at that time, I would doubt it. Even as this case as gone on, there were still some who believed KC was innocent. At least LP figured it out pretty darn quick that there was alot of BS going on.

I happen to like the way LP pokes around with his stick and gets things moving in this case. As someone before me said, He is a sly ole fox. I happen to support LP. IMO

:yow::yow::yow::woohoo::balloons:

I've been taking a break from posting and just been checking the posts once a day because I was at a brick wall at the beginning of December. I truly believed that Caylee wasn't going to be found. That all changed and now, I had to come and post after reading through this thread.

There is two things I believe when it comes to LP.

Yes he is a sly old fox. All the years in the business of dealing with the many shades of people (good and bad) he has dealt with will do one thing to you. You either become very very wise and clever or you are walked on like a Dr. Scholl's Gel Insert!! Now, he is old school. I do believe that and seeing as how he's managed to go from one end of the spectrum: he looked like the biggest arse (when he bailed KC out thinking she would help find her daughter and having the Anthony's hang him out to dry) to the other (he's managed to be a regular talking head on NG and really, he talks and the media is right there with it!) shows me he is a very clever dude!

That said, hey, I agree, he has had his moments of "SAY WHAAA??" I've myself had to NOT watch some of NG's when it's happened. But that said, I think it would be UNWISE for LE and all the lawyers, PI's, media, public and Does 1 to 10000 who have a vested interest to see justice served for Caylee to NOT HEAR LP OUT.

For one, he is out there. Right up in it. I've seen him at the Anthony's, at the crime scene when they found Caylee's body etc...that gives him the advantage of seeing things the media might have missed. He hears EVERYTHING. In a group of people I bet LP's ears go up like radar because that's one of the best ways to get information. LISTEN. So, I'm not counting him out just yet. I'll give him that. For whatever reason it was that got him involved in finding Caylee I'm glad. He's putting his whole reputation out there for his last hurrah (IMO) so right or wrong I'm willing to stick it out with him.

People like him are few and far in between. He is a character. I like him. Go for it LP. My softball coach told me and my team on the last game of a season long ago:

"We aren't going to make it to the play-offs, but we can screw it up for the other team. So let's piss off some people and win this NOW!!"

We won. Felt good too. Can't make everyone happy all the time.

SS, you're posts are one of the reasons I come here. I've said it before and to all the WS'ers who have the nuts to speak their minds and SNARK IT...LOVE IT LOVE IT keep posting!

Eva

What a nice compliment, Eva! Thank you! :)

I agree with everything you have said especially "Yes he is a sly old fox. All the years in the business of dealing with the many shades of people (good and bad) he has dealt with will do one thing to you. You either become very very wise and clever or you are walked on like a Dr. Scholl's Gel Insert!! Now, he is old school. I do believe that and seeing as how he's managed to go from one end of the spectrum: he looked like the biggest arse (when he bailed KC out thinking she would help find her daughter and having the Anthony's hang him out to dry) to the other (he's managed to be a regular talking head on NG and really, he talks and the media is right there with it!) shows me he is a very clever dude!" quoted from Eva's post above.

He really has dealt with every walk of life and listening is a huge part of what he does. I also think he is very aware of reactions and this is another way he knows where to poke the stick plus how hard to poke it. Applying pressure to certain players makes things happen in areas we may not be aware of...but he is watching to see what direction it takes without anyone else being the wiser.

I think the 3rd party, Baez, and the A fam brought LP to Orlando under false pretenses by allowing him to believe he would have access to talk to Casey while she was out. He did not insert himself as he was asked to be part of this case by a 3rd party. When LP arrived to find that after he got her out, he was barred from openly talking to Casey...it ticked him off. She could talk, but all any of LP or his staff could do was to listen. No questioning. When he heard her change her story and he had to sit by to watch Casey cook, play on the computer, and act like nothing had happened to poor Caylee at all...he didn't see a grieving mother. This is when LP really knew that Caylee was gone and when his convictions changed. This is also when Cindy wanted him out. As soon as he no longer believed the bill of goods they were selling...they didn't want to risk him being in the fold. I think "screwing it up for the other team" became part of LP's goal, but not because he was angry for the way he had been treated...but furious at their callousness, cover-ups, and lies regarding Caylee and the way she was being treated.

It isn't a matter of winning here to LP or any of us unless you consider finding out the truth and those responsible pay for what happened to Caylee a win. A win for Caylee would be guilty convictions and adequate sentences fitting this horrendous crime for anyone and everyone involved.

I've just been reading through a lot of the post on this thread & I'm going to chime in with my opinion in a general sense & it is not directed at anyone in particular.

I'm sure it's no secret to anyone who reads here that I have been a vocal critic of LP. I have offered my opinions of LP & his actions on numerous threads. The reason for that is because LP seems to be everywhere & the conversation frequently tends to shift in his direction.

I've had numerous discussions with Posters here who strongly disagree with my views on LP & I have enjoyed discussing the Pro's & Con's of LP's, motives, actions, theories & general involvement in this case.

>REMOVED/EDITED

Also, it seems to me that there are some posters here who are overly sensitive to any criticism of LP. They say things like .."I'm tired of all the LP Bashing".

Fair enough, but this is an LP thread. LP is being discussed here. Some opinions are going to be positive & some not so positive. If you are overly sensitive to criticism of LP then don't read this thread. If you don't like a certain posters opinions then put them on ignore....It works wonders.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make through all of this is that we should be able to discuss LP & his theories without getting personal with each other. I also think that this thread will probably end up getting closed just like all the other LP threads. I'm also starting to think that is exactly what LP & his supporters are trying to do.

Silence his critics

Once again....This is only my opinion

I've just been reading through a lot of the post on this thread & I'm going to chime in with my opinion in a general sense & it is not directed at anyone in particular.

I'm sure it's no secret to anyone who reads here that I have been a vocal critic of LP. I have offered my opinions of LP & his actions on numerous threads. The reason for that is because LP seems to be everywhere & the conversation frequently tends to shift in his direction.

I've had numerous discussions with Posters here who strongly disagree with my views on LP & I have enjoyed discussing the Pro's & Con's of LP's, motives, actions, theories & general involvement in this case.

>REMOVED/EDITED

Does anyone else see the difference or is it just me?

Don't get me wrong, I've done it myself on occasion but inadvertently

I don't know why LP can't be criticized just like anyone else involved in this case without it taking on a personal tone. LP is a major player in this case. He is the source of a great deal of information, real or contrived, and he is obviously going to be frequently discussed.

In fact, two months ago there were two LP threads that were closed because of all the personal attacks. I PMed JBEAN & asked why they were closed. I also said that it made sense to have an LP ONLY thread because LP was being discussed on every other thread on the board and the conversation always seemed to degenerate into LP "fans" against LP "non fans" & those in the middle. It made sense to me to have a thread so that if LP was being discussed on another thread you could say.."Take it to the LP thread"

Also, it seems to me that there are some posters here who are overly sensitive to any criticism of LP. They say things like .."I'm tired of all the LP Bashing".

Fair enough, but this is an LP thread. LP is being discussed here. Some opinions are going to be positive & some not so positive. If you are overly sensitive to criticism of LP then don't read this thread. If you don't like a certain posters opinions then put them on ignore....It works wonders.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make through all of this is that we should be able to discuss LP & his theories without getting personal with each other. I also think that this thread will probably end up getting closed just like all the other LP threads. I'm also starting to think that is exactly what LP & his supporters are trying to do.

Silence his critics

Once again....This is only my opinion

I was going to snip, respectfully, your post but decided against it.

Actually, I agree with you. And I am an LP supporter. What I object to are the critics who don't post once, but multiple times replying to the same post or any supporter post, simply to be posting how wrong we supporters are.

And you are right. I can either respond, not respond or use the ignore button. These threads move very quickly some times and some people hit the submit button before they should out of reaction. I try not to do that and have many times simply typed my reply and then will not submit it.

I really have found the ignore button works or simply walking away from the puter for a short time.

Also I will not type a reply that I would not say directly face to face to that person.

Good post. Hope readers take it in the spirit it was written in.

Well... what's everyone's take on LP's claim that JH had a directive drawn up about where to search for the body on Nov. 8? And NG's failure to ask him to ELABORATE!!??

Well... what's everyone's take on LP's claim that JH had a directive drawn up about where to search for the body on Nov. 8? And NG's failure to ask him to ELABORATE!!??

I think he was as precise as he could be at this time. He said the JH drew up a directive on the Nov. 8 TES search that pointed to the location where Caylee's remains were eventually discovered. He said that LE was trying to locate it right now. What more could he say to elaborate? Lord knows we wouldn't want him to speculate.:rolleyes:

I think he was as precise as he could be at this time. He said the JH drew up a directive on the Nov. 8 TES search that pointed to the location where Caylee's remains were eventually discovered. He said that LE was trying to locate it right now. What more could he say to elaborate? Lord knows we wouldn't want him to speculate.:rolleyes:

OK.. so LP gave you the impression that JH didn't know at the time.. and was just recommending the area for a search? I thought LP was giving the impression that JH knew about it a week before DC's photo session.

My gosh, you haven't yet figured out how LP gives clues?????? NG isn't going to ask a question she already knows the answer to. Wait a day or two and LP will further expand on it and then you will understand.

:yow::yow::yow::woohoo::balloons:

I've been taking a break from posting and just been checking the posts once a day because I was at a brick wall at the beginning of December. I truly believed that Caylee wasn't going to be found. That all changed and now, I had to come and post after reading through this thread.

There is two things I believe when it comes to LP.

Yes he is a sly old fox. All the years in the business of dealing with the many shades of people (good and bad) he has dealt with will do one thing to you. You either become very very wise and clever or you are walked on like a Dr. Scholl's Gel Insert!! Now, he is old school. I do believe that and seeing as how he's managed to go from one end of the spectrum: he looked like the biggest arse (when he bailed KC out thinking she would help find her daughter and having the Anthony's hang him out to dry) to the other (he's managed to be a regular talking head on NG and really, he talks and the media is right there with it!) shows me he is a very clever dude!

That said, hey, I agree, he has had his moments of "SAY WHAAA??" I've myself had to NOT watch some of NG's when it's happened. But that said, I think it would be UNWISE for LE and all the lawyers, PI's, media, public and Does 1 to 10000 who have a vested interest to see justice served for Caylee to NOT HEAR LP OUT.

For one, he is out there. Right up in it. I've seen him at the Anthony's, at the crime scene when they found Caylee's body etc...that gives him the advantage of seeing things the media might have missed. He hears EVERYTHING. In a group of people I bet LP's ears go up like radar because that's one of the best ways to get information. LISTEN. So, I'm not counting him out just yet. I'll give him that. For whatever reason it was that got him involved in finding Caylee I'm glad. He's putting his whole reputation out there for his last hurrah (IMO) so right or wrong I'm willing to stick it out with him.

People like him are few and far in between. He is a character. I like him. Go for it LP. My softball coach told me and my team on the last game of a season long ago:

"We aren't going to make it to the play-offs, but we can screw it up for the other team. So let's piss off some people and win this NOW!!"

We won. Felt good too. Can't make everyone happy all the time.

SS, you're posts are one of the reasons I come here. I've said it before and to all the WS'ers who have the nuts to speak their minds and SNARK IT...LOVE IT LOVE IT keep posting!

Eva

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

My gosh, you haven't yet figured out how LP gives clues?????? NG isn't going to ask a question she already knows the answer to. Wait a day or two and LP will further expand on it and then you will understand.

What do you mean giving clues? What's he giving us a clue to? Don't quite know what you're saying here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back