Luka Rocco Magnotta: charged with first degree murder; worldwide red alert:INTERPOL

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A suggestion was made by another poster that perhaps he rented the place specifically for use as a murder location. I did hear early in the investigation that the police had removed what ever was left of his personal belongings, which is how they deduced he had gone to france. Some writings he had left behind. None of us where there when the initial investigation went on, and I think we should reserve comment on what kind of a job, good or bad, that the Montreal Police did.

So when did realize that he could not return to that particular apartment? From what I can gather, he wasn't there within the day or so prior to the packages being delivered and the torso being found. He "hid" the torso, anticipating it would be picked up with garbage. Seems to me he somehow KNEW he would gain his notoriety very quickly as a result of the packages as opposed to the killing itself. IMO, this ties in somewhat with the sadistic killing not being his primary motivation.

For the record, as i there is one, LOL, I don't think he is schizophrenic. Schizo-affective, quite possibly, but a touch more organized than your average schizophrenic.

I think he is quite possibly delusional, believing that he is Jack the Ripper, or that he is James Dean, or that he is the reincarnation of one of these people. I think he does his thing online because he is unable to interact sanely for more than a few minutes with others anymore. I think like most other disorders, this one came to the surface in his life several years ago, and he has been getting worse ever since, as would anyone, without treatment. He's barely holding it together. he's on autopilot, but his life is not like ours, so his autopilot is not like ours. Crossing international borders, trolling online and playing mindgames are the things that are so routine to him that he is able to do it on autopilot. He probably has used fake identities to cross international lines many times, thinking that there are people after him, so that's just second nature.

He might just have bought the dog and kill it after...not like he is not able to do that....

Why would you think he would kill the dog? What purpose would that serve?

ETA: And if he killed the dog, why wouldn't it have turned up?

Welcome Newbies! So many, I don't want to miss welcoming all. Thank you for choosing WS to follow this case.

:welcome:

How many items were in LRM's apartment?

Everything is completely gone.

How did he move all his furnishings? Clothing? Electronics? When and where?

He didn't just commit the crime and run, unless everything was already gone.

Didn't any of the neighbours see him moving?

I don't think he planned to make that apartment a home. Imo, it was simply an inexpensive small place for one purpose, and he likely lived like a vagabond while there.

That freak (LRM) was last seen on May 25 while hitchhiking near Salaberry de Valleyfield, on his way to Ontario. A lot of people suggest he could steal be in Canada..........but....What would be the point of coming back to Canada where everybody is looking for him.... after the montreal police confirmed he used his passeport registered to Luka Magnotta to fly to France on may 26? I wonder...

http://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/q...arcelement-criminel-envers-stephen-harper.php

However, from France he could have fled anywhere in the world with a new identity (either male or female), or even taken a bus to take the plane somewhere else....2 days ago a french blogger suggested it would be easy for him to move to argentina and change sex...
http://abaslemasque.blogspot.ca/2012/05/luka-magnotta-installe-ou-en-transit-en.html

Other also suggest he could be hiding in Thailand http://chardon-ardent.blogspot.ca/2012/06/luka-magnotta-se-cacherait-il-en.html

Anyways, I'm sorry for most of my french links that are not all knew (french is my first language), but I think going over and over older articles and links may also bring some perspective into the new information that can come ...

Since I'm living in Quebec, the tought of him being far away is quite reassuring...for me....But I also wonder which countries are not included in the 190 countries hunting him via Interpol alert...he could also be in one of those...no?

FWIW, I watched the video. I'm not necessarily disappointed I did, though I wouldn't recommend it. It was very difficult to get past the images for several hours.

The dog was NOT eating the torso. What the dog was doing would be most accurately described as a dog licking an open wound or scab on a human. Which is really not at all uncommon for a pet to do.

I'm only adding this to dispel possible thoughts that this dog was tearing into the guy like a ravaging grizzly bear. It was not like that, though I am sure that is exactly what kind of gruesome factor the perp was hoping for....

Thanks Cubby. Obviously I didn't see the video, and my main point here was that there was a dog..where did it go?

I agree.

The handling of the crime scene is absolutely perplexing.

Why the heck didn't LE take all that evidence? :waitasec:

That just boggles my mind.

Michelle Young was murdered in her bedroom in North Carolina. Evidence was collected, but there were many things left behind, including bloody socks from the 2 year old, furniture, even a tooth. When evidence is collected, everything that is deemed necessary is included, but not everything in the room is collected. We don't know what evidence was collected and can't conclude that relevant evidence was not collected simply because some things are left behind.

Michelle Young was murdered in her bedroom in North Carolina. Evidence was collected, but there were many things left behind, including bloody socks from the 2 year old, furniture, even a tooth. When evidence is collected, everything that is deemed necessary is included, but not everything in the room is collected. We don't know what evidence was collected and can't conclude that relevant evidence was not collected simply because some things are left behind.

I agree with you.... For a DNA analysis you only need small blood and hair samples.... you also can collect fingerprints... and take pictures of the crime scene.... .... and take the personal items such as mail, paper notes etc..you don't need all the blood on the mattress and the fridge..So, for me, the fact that they disposed of the mattress and furmiture and other stuff is not perplexing at all .....

I know some people have doubts and believe it to be trolls or whatever but no troll is gonna go to that length.

I know some people have doubts and believe it to be trolls or whatever but no troll is gonna go to that length.

its not that hard these days to make these videos and post them to youtube, and there is no shortage of sick, pathetic people out there who jump into a psycho's shoes for kicks, so i don't believe that everyone of these are made by Luka.

Magnotta Spotted in Paris Bar, Hotel Manager Reports

MONTREAL — A Paris hotel manager told the Montreal Gazette on Saturday that his neighbour, the manager of a bar and restaurant, confirmed to police that Montreal fugitive and suspected killer Luka Rocco Magnotta had a drink at his bar on Thursday.

Sbyibi el Bachir, manager of Hotel Studio des Batignolles in the 17th arrondissement in Paris, said in an interview that Dominique Massonneau, manager of Le Petit Batignolles, told him on Saturday that Magnotta stopped by his moderately-priced cafe — and that Massonneau had reported it to police.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...ager+reports/6720481/story.html#ixzz1wfy5l3FW

http://www.montrealgazette.com/touch/news/story.html?id=6720481

its not that hard these days to make these videos and post them to youtube, and there is no shortage of sick, pathetic people out there who jump into a psycho's shoes for kicks, so i don't believe that everyone of these are made by Luka.

I know it's not hard to make the vidoes but if you analyze the comments made by his various accounts and compare it to past comments made by him in confirmed cases you can only conclude the obvious.

Did LRM book a flight in his name on Friday, from Paris to Montreal, just to give LE the run-around?

Really?

Montreal police boarded an airplane that landed in Montreal from Paris Friday afternoon at 1 p.m., looking for Magnotta, because he had a seat booked under his name, Lafrenière confirmed.

“We had some information that he could have been on board, but finally it wasn’t the case.”

Officers checked the passport of every traveller as they got off the plane “just to make sure because this suspect can disguise (himself), put on a wig and change his appearance,” Lafrenière said.

“So we just wanted to make sure that we weren’t missing him.”

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/news...lice+believe/6714872/story.html#ixzz1wg3CLazB

What I find most astonishing is that LE is saying it doesn't conduct investigations using social media. That is like saying it doesn't conduct investigations in a particular neighbourhood. It's where this guy lives.

It makes perfect sense to me. Reading comments from anonymous posters wouldn't lead to evidence, and even if it led to one small piece of information, the number of hours needed to unearth that small piece would be overwhelming. I do believe that police would be looking at websites where he may have posted files and track IP informaion, but I don't believe they have the resources to pay someone to sit around and read anonymous remarks all day long.

Furthermore, if an anonymous poster found a small piece of information and posted it on social media, then most certainly the police - who are trained investigators - also found that small piece of information.

I really, really wish people, who claim to have tips and helpful information, would NOT go to the damn media about it! There is no doubt that Eric Newman is watching coverage about himself, and using these 'tips' to stay one step ahead. They are tipping off a fugitive and, while not likely on purpose, helping him escape.

PEOPLE!!!! If you have a tip, contact the authorities. STAY AWAY FROM THE MEDIA! Please? :please:

:sigh: :moo:

I don't think he planned to make that apartment a home. Imo, it was simply an inexpensive small place for one purpose, and he likely lived like a vagabond while there.

He lived there for four months ...

Did LRM book a flight in his name on Friday, from Paris to Montreal, just to give LE the run-around?

Really?

It seems like they're hot on his trail. I expect him to be captured soon enough. :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1