MA - Aaron Hernandez, New England Patriots player, charged with homicides #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just now getting back to this thread...

Jose Baez is his new attorney??!! He can practice law in Massachusetts?? Did not know that!

Okay - will be back October 5th!

Baez and Hernandez, sitting side by side...they deserve each other.

There was a hearing yesterday. Baez wants the two eye witnesses dismissed and not to be able to testify at trial...

Check out the smug photo of AH in the article.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...hernandez_lawyers_seek_to_muzzle_witnesses_in

Jose Baez, a high-profile Florida defense attorney who was recently brought in to defend Hernandez, today called the potential testimony of Aquilino Freire and Raychides Sanches “tainted.”

Avid Patriots fan here and I just found this thread.

Hernandez is nothing but a **** that played good football. Him and Baez go good together.....lol

Thanks for the update and link above!

For you who did not click on the link - next court date is December 7th.

Will check in then!

Totally agree with you The Farm! But a Niners' fan here! :D

:wave:

Todd Kazakiewich ‏@ToddKazakiewich
#AaronHernandez & defense team in court for various motions relating to his upcoming double homicide trial. #wcvb

Judge Locke: "I will not delay the trial date in this case." #AaronHernandez double homicide trial scheduled for 2/13/17. #wcvb #Boston

#AaronHernandez attorneys briefing Judge now re: security breach of Hernandez phone calls while he was detained in 2014. #wcvb

@ToddKazakiewich prosecution: #AaronHernandez calls obtained (via subpoena) from Suffolk, Bristol & DOC are not attorney-client calls #wcvb

#AaronHernandez hearing wraps. Back in court at 9am 12/20 #wcvb

Bob McGovern ‏@BobMcGovernJr
Judge Locke wants someone from the sheriff's department here on Dec. 20 to discuss how the phone system works. #AaronHernandez

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial
#AaronHernandez jury selection starts Feb 13th.

Aaron Hernandez trial should include ballistics evidence, prosecutors say

According to Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley’s office, a .38-caliber pistol found in the trunk of a car a woman with ties to Hernandez is the same pistol used in the 2012 double homicide.

More at link...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2016/12...secutors-say/uT0PSzYW6SJeBIwBn21aTL/story.htm

There was a hearing yesterday. Baez wants the two eye witnesses dismissed and not to be able to testify at trial...

Check out the smug photo of AH in the article.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo...hernandez_lawyers_seek_to_muzzle_witnesses_in

Jose Baez, a high-profile Florida defense attorney who was recently brought in to defend Hernandez, today called the potential testimony of Aquilino Freire and Raychides Sanches “tainted.”

bbm

Yuk, but you're right. Smug as a xxxx in a rug.

I wonder if he strikes that pose in the Big House?

Man-oh-man, he possibly could have been the best tight end in football history -- folks said he had that kind of potential -- but I guess he liked bullets better than footballs. Dumb punk. SMH.

I'll just delete. Even though my definition of AH was simply a 4 letter word that began with a T and ended with a G. Not sure why that would be censored...

I'll just delete. Even though my definition of AH was simply a 4 letter word that began with a T and ended with a G. Not sure why that would be censored...

I agree and have used that word for him myself! He blew his whole life thinking he was bigger than everything. And then he got caught thank goodness. His problem was he never thought that he would.

That word is censored across the whole forum, automatically I believe. I do understand what you meant to say.

Oh Lord.

Baez and Hernandez, together in one trial. :puke:

"Attorneys for former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez want to prevent two men who allegedly witnessed the South End double murder he is accused of from identifying or describing him when they take the stand.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...e_witnesses_in

Oh Lord.

Baez and Hernandez, together in one trial. :puke:

"Attorneys for former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez want to prevent two men who allegedly witnessed the South End double murder he is accused of from identifying or describing him when they take the stand.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc...e_witnesses_in

I know.

It was discussed briefly at the hearing yesterday...about the 12:27 mark. Doesn't look like Baez was at the hearing.

https://youtu.be/y-wIz1n7BEc

What a mess this phone issue is....defense keeps jumping ahead and Judge keeps pulling them back to answer the original question.

AH is not happy.

J Baez should NOT be giving interviews or comments, IMO he is not a good attorney but good at getting people confused, mix up the ideas and evidence and situation. HE should have been there. Guess his traveling is too much.

Next hearing date on at least three motions is December 20, 2016. No time given yet.

How is Baez able to practice law in Massachusetts?
Can lawyers practice in multiple states?

How is Baez able to practice law in Massachusetts?
Can lawyers practice in multiple states?

I learned from another trial, some states will allow a lawyer from one state, a special license to represent a client, In another state. What the requirements are must be set up by each state......any lawyers around?

I learned from another trial, some states will allow a lawyer from one state, a special license to represent a client, In another state. What the requirements are must be set up by each state......any lawyers around?

More than likely he's allowed to represent AH pro hac vice. It is a legal process that allows an attorney to practice for a limited purpose in a state where they are not licensed. Typically, it's limited to the length of whatever case they are involved in. It's usually done with the association of an attorney who is licensed in that state. I have never practiced outside of Georgia. However, I have submitted motions on behalf of a few out of state attorneys requesting they be allowed to participate in cases here. It's usually a formality as long as there is a local attorney willing to assist with local rules and statues. JMO.

Here is the Wiki link, as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_hac_vice

More than likely he's allowed to represent AH pro hac vice. It is a legal process that allows an attorney to practice for a limited purpose in a state where they are not licensed. Typically, it's limited to the length of whatever case they are involved in. It's usually done with the association of an attorney who is licensed in that state. I have never practiced outside of Georgia. However, I have submitted motions on behalf of a few out of state attorneys requesting they be allowed to participate in cases here. It's usually a formality as long as there is a local attorney willing to assist with local rules and statues. JMO.

Here is the Wiki link, as well. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_hac_vice

Thnak you murphy3k. I remembered a few trials here where out of state lawyers were representing clients, but I could not remember the correct name for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadgett inspeccion