MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I actually think they might be her granddaughters and not her kids. The photos posted with her the girls have a different last name. Not sure how old her kids would be and maybe it's the grands who are in college now. She's 60 so could be her own children are older and have their own children. JMO

They are her college age kids.

I can't find the link but apparently they just did a quick update on Channel 5 Boston news, and said no foul play, they will send out dive teams. But really said nothing else
For LE to say no foul play implies they know something OR they are trying to avoid public panic - which I don’t agree with. The public should be made aware if there’s a threat out there. JMO
I can’t imagine how awful this must be for her family. And I’m still hoping against hope that she’s found safe.

For LE to say no foul play implies they know something OR they are trying to avoid public panic - which I don’t agree with. The public should be made aware if there’s a threat out there. JMO
I can’t imagine how awful this must be for her family. And I’m still hoping against hope that she’s found safe.
Since the family isn’t pushing for further investigation, searching or publicity, one could assume they’re in agreement with LE and know what happened ? But this has all been so strange. I don’t know what to think anymore.

This has been very quiet. Gloucester impresses me as having some of the hardiest people I have ever heard of. Their main harbor has a beautiful monument with hundreds of names of their friends and family lost at sea. The houses that ring the harbor almost all have widows' walks. There is even a haunting monument for widows and children.The harbor has a drawbridge were larger boats pass through so I know the water is deep and cold, even in summer. The rocks that ring the coastline and extend into their harbors are solid granite if I remember correctly and are very slippery and hazardous as the tides go in and out. Locals hop across the rocks so deftly, I was petrified to fall. They also swim way out to sea in this freezing water. I saw teenagers go so far out into the sea to climb the St. Peter's fiesta pole and jump yards down into the sea, a tradition for generations from their home country. They amaze me. They really do. Many of the older men have multiple fingers missing from rowing home in their small ships as squalls popped up and they just kept rowing home knowing they would lose their fingers from frostbite. This is their life. First major fishing seaport in America. Wonderful history. Sorry to go on so long. The sea is their livelihood but it has taken a huge toll on them. IMO, I think an accident happened especially if the tide was high at this time One large wake from one ship coming into the harbor can be a large wave. So many lives missing at sea for these people. The people there are wonderful and their is a beauty in this harbortown like no other I have been to. She sounds like she definitely was hoping for a fun party.

This is JMO but I feel it's possible that her son was able to give insight to investigators about her frame of mind that afternoon. Perhaps she was dealing with news that has been kept private. I'm also not ruling out that she may have had an accident or medical incident of some kind. I think that's probably more likely than abduction but who knows at this point. It was definitely a major and immediate response from LE compared to some others who have gone missing and there has to be a reason for that.

Since the family isn’t pushing for further investigation, searching or publicity, one could assume they’re in agreement with LE and know what happened ? But this has all been so strange. I don’t know what to think anymore.
Yes, the family remaining quiet adds to the theory that LE knows something. It’s a very sad situation and unnerving, nonetheless, for anyone living in the area.

This is JMO but I feel it's possible that her son was able to give insight to investigators about her frame of mind that afternoon. Perhaps she was dealing with news that has been kept private. I'm also not ruling out that she may have had an accident or medical incident of some kind. I think that's probably more likely than abduction but who knows at this point. It was definitely a major and immediate response from LE compared to some others who have gone missing and there has to be a reason for that.
Yes - I agree the son and perhaps the friends /neighbors who were coming over for the Super Bowl gathering would be key source of info.

Dateline NBC on Twitter
When guests arrived at Abbie Flynn’s home in Gloucester, Massachusetts for a Super Bowl party, their host was nowhere to be found. A week later, she’s still missing. Do you have information that could help find Abbie? #Dateline https://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/woman-preparing-host-super-bowl-party-massachusetts-home-disappears-after-n1134471 …
EQc66onXUAEgAOQ.jpg

7:20 PM - 10 Feb 2020

From the article:

[...]

Abbie’s brother BF, who lives in Bermuda, told Dateline he was visiting his son in California on Super Bowl Sunday, when he got the call from Abbie’s husband, R, that she was missing.

“As soon as I got the call, my son drove me straight to the airport and I was at her house by 10 a.m. the next morning,” BF said. “We’re all in shock. This is just heartbreaking for all of us.”

BF and Abbie grew up in Gloucester, just two miles from where Abbie lives now. Abbie, a retired nurse, met her husband at Boston Children’s Hospital, and together, they had three children. R is a radiologist in Houston, Texas, and he and Abbie go back and forth between their two homes. BF added that Abbie’s husband, who was in Houston at the time, flew home to Gloucester immediately when he learned Abbie was missing.

“They have a wonderful life and are just really happy,” BF said. “It doesn’t make sense that she would just walk away.”

[...]

Hi I am a new member to websleuths because of this Abbie Flynn disappearance. Such a crazy mystery and want to help her family find her any way that I can.

I know this could all just be a terrible accident, but does anyone else find it a little curious that this is the 3rd 50 something year old woman to go missing under interesting circumstances in the cape Ann area since 2015?

Susan Nilsson 56 yrs old missing. Dec. 2015 in Rocky Neck area of Gloucester, MA

Theresa Coen 52 yrs old missing March 2018 in Rockport MA

Abbie Flynn 59 yrs old missing February 2020 in Farrington Avenue Area Gloucester MA
I'm a new member as well. First posts. It's actually 4 sandra crispo 54 dissapeared under same conditions

From the above article: "When guests arrived at Abbie’s house around 6 p.m. for the big game, the oven was still warm, but Abbie was gone."

So for the oven to still be warm, she must not have been gone too terribly long. I know it depends on each specific oven and how hot she had run it, but about how long does it take for an oven to cool? And I suppose they say warm and not hot, so maybe it had been awhile (over an hour). It kind of seems like she turned off the oven, pulled whatever out, and immediately left the house to go for her walk.

I agree that it seems LE knows something if they are saying they don't suspect foul play. And her family has not made any statements about it either.

Mystery for sure. I can’t get a feel for what’s happened here. She’s now been gone over a week. If she had a mishap in the water - would she eventually be found?

Gone too long. Where are you Abbie?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back