MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's from a check-in from October 2019. She just makes a comment about it. Here it is:
"Beautiful!!! And the security guard is a really cool dude!!!"
Thanks. Could mean absolutely nothing, right? Still, any information is important. Can’t shake how odd it is that no one from her family has come out asking for support in the search. I continue to hope she will be found safe.

Thanks. Could mean absolutely nothing, right? Still, any information is important. Can’t shake how odd it is that no one from her family has come out asking for support in the search. I continue to hope she will be found safe.
I found it curious, since it's been speculated she might have walked in that direction/ that area. Could be different security guards at different times...or none at all in February. It is interesting in that if she did walk that way and there is a guard around all the time, she might have been seen. JMO

It's from a check-in from October 2019. She just makes a comment about it. Here it is:
"Beautiful!!! And the security guard is a really cool dude!!!"
I found it curious, since it's been speculated she might have walked in that direction/ that area. Could be different security guards at different times...or none at all in February. It is interesting in that if she did walk that way and there is a guard around all the time, she might have been seen. JMO
Yes, I agree. All info is curious and important. I wanted to add that I also agree with a previous post about checking the house - where she could have had an accident and fallen in some crawl space or something. Look at how many times LE checked Jon Benet Ramsay’s house before they found her. It’s not out of the question.

FEB 10, 2020
State police dive search planned for missing Gloucester woman
[...]

Abbie Flynn was last seen around 4:30 p.m. on Feb. 2 after going for a walk near Farrington Avenue, Gloucester Police Chief Edward Conley said in a statement. No foul play is suspected.

[...]

... Authorities are still actively investigating Flynn’s disappearance, though the search has been suspended.

“They have exhausted the ground search,” a department spokesperson said. “The Mass. State Police dive team is planning a dive search when the weather is a little bit better.”

[...]

It says she was last seen at around 4.30pm after going for a walk, by who? I thought she texted her son and told him she was going for a walk? Did a neighbour see her?
I haven’t seen any report to date that specifies who saw her near farrington, only that is where she was “last seen.” So, it’s up in the air as to whether or not there was an actual sighting.

It says she was last seen at around 4.30pm after going for a walk, by who? I thought she texted her son and told him she was going for a walk? Did a neighbour see her?
Or a passing car? Or a camera? It is confusing the way it's stated, that she FaceTimed her son earlier but was seen later, around 4:30 walking. Was she seen walking near Farrington? MOO

I’m not against people having whatever kind of marriages they like if all consent. But not sure why you would jump to that conclusion?

It seems she and her husband both lived in Texas. They had a vacation home in Mass, and she happened to be up there on Super Bowl weekend. Her kids seem to be in college in various northeastern states. From what I could gather her husband has a very prestigious medical job as a Radiologist at the Children’s Hospital in Houston. They also seem to have decent amount of money. Maybe she likes to travel but he isn’t always available and if money isn’t really an issue she might enjoy taking trips on her own.

I’ve heard that she and her husband might be separated but haven’t seen any confirmation on that at all. So maybe they just enjoy their freedom without having an open relationship.

fwiw I owned my own business for years and my husband worked standard hours, I traveled a lot for pleasure without him because I had flexibility that he didn’t.
No conclusions jumped lol, only speculation and tossing out theories since we don’t seem to know which reports are accurate. Vacay home/lives there, husband in Texas on business. MOOOO

Or a passing car? Or a camera? It is confusing the way it's stated, that she FaceTimed her son earlier but was seen later, around 4:30 walking. Was she seen walking near Farrington? MOO
Never been confirmed by police that she was seen walking on Farrington by person or camera. Nor any mention of when she was last seen/where/by whom other than the Facetime with her son on Sunday. Strange.

I think the discrepancies on Abbie's "walk" and being "seen" are translation artifacts by journalists and maybe by the police themselves.

The "seen" may have been the FaceTime, which could have confirmed that she was in the house at that time.

Not sure what to make of- "no foul play is suspected". Does LE know something that we don't? Because like Sandra Crispo, this woman has vanished without a trace.

Right or wrong, this always makes me suspect foul play.

No conclusions jumped lol, only speculation and tossing out theories since we don’t seem to know which reports are accurate. Vacay home/lives there, husband in Texas on business. MOOOO
Interestingly her Facebook page says she lives in Houston. And that she’s from Gloucester. No photos of husband. Only herself with and without her kids (presuming). And photos of places along the coast in Mass.

There are pictures of the husband, though.... I can see them on her page, anyway.
Correct - I saw 2 of a man (probably her husband) but they were not under her photos, rather under her introduction. Also, he was posing with a daughter (again assumption) and there are none with Abbie. I am not inferring anything about this other than to take note of it.

ETA photos of girls with her have different last names so possible they are granddaughters?

Last edited:
Interestingly her Facebook page says she lives in Houston. And that she’s from Gloucester. No photos of husband. Only herself with and without her kids (presuming). And photos of places along the coast in Mass.

Remember that you are only seeing what she has as PUBLIC posts and photos. T Most people would share using settings that only allow "Friends" to see things on their timeline, so there are probably other things we can't see.

This makes me doublecheck my own privacy settings... !

Correct - I saw 2 of a man (probably her husband) but they were not under her photos, rather under her introduction. Also, he was posing with a daughter (again assumption) and there are none with Abbie. I am not inferring anything about this other than to take note of it.

Without being fb friends with her and thus seeing ALL of her photos, I wouldn't read too much into it. Your comment got me wondering about my own FB and while I have photos with my children in my public profile pics I have none with my spouse (and our marriage is fine...) Abby and her husband do pose together in other photos that are out there. I'll put a MOO here.

Without being fb friends with her and thus seeing ALL of her photos, I wouldn't read too much into it. Your comment got me wondering about my own FB and while I have photos with my children in my public profile pics I have none with my spouse (and our marriage is fine...) Abby and her husband do pose together in other photos that are out there. I'll put a MOO here.
I actually think they might be her granddaughters and not her kids. The photos posted with her the girls have a different last name. Not sure how old her kids would be and maybe it's the grands who are in college now. She's 60 so could be her own children are older and have their own children. JMO

ETA photos of girls with her have different last names so possible they are granddaughters?
no she has a different last name than her husband and kids do. Probably kept her maiden name.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back