MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I were to walk into Abbie's house, and find the dough rising, the cookies made, the phone there, and the dog in the house, my first assumption would be she was in the house. Maybe in the bathroom, upstairs in the bedroom, etc.

People "disappear" every day, all around the world, simply by leaving the room. In other words, everyone has to be "somewhere."

I hope they have scoured every square inch of that house and any outbuildings. Maybe she went up to the attic to get some Super Bowl decorations she remembered from years past. . . and got stuck/wedged/incapacitated. Is there a basement, a crawl space?

I've spent enough time here on WS to realize that there are areas in/around homes that can "hide" a person, right under our noses. IMO

I find it all too strange. Susan Nillson was meeting someone, and turns up dead. Two years later, Theresa Coen goes for a walk and doesn't come home. Two more years and Abbie Flynn goes out for a walk and never comes home. All of these women around the same age. Hopefully there is not a connection, but I can't find out any details about the previous two women. Susan Nillson was the only body found. Did they do an autopsy? What were the pieces of evidence found? From friends - Theresa's family did not accept a suicide and hired their own PI. I'm so sorry for all of these families. I love Gloucester and Rockport and want to be sure my mom and aunt who live alone and go for walks, are safe!

@maiziedog, I absolutely understand your wish to make sure your relatives are safe. The FB live done with the Gloucester Chief IMO showed a Chief (and Mayor as he seemed to be in sync with her wishes on the issue of transparency IMO) that valued transparency with the community. It sounds like the Chief is open to any/all suggestions so I would suggest feeding in your question to the investigation.

The FB live format they said would happen again and it was great because people from the community were asking questions of the Chief and he was responding. I think that your question is absolutely valid and if you feel comfortable doing so I would suggest posting it to the Chief now and on the next FB live. It sounds like the FBI is assisting too so perhaps they might have identified the cases that you are referencing.

MOO

I find it all too strange. Susan Nillson was meeting someone, and turns up dead. Two years later, Theresa Coen goes for a walk and doesn't come home. Two more years and Abbie Flynn goes out for a walk and never comes home. All of these women around the same age. Hopefully there is not a connection, but I can't find out any details about the previous two women. Susan Nillson was the only body found. Did they do an autopsy? What were the pieces of evidence found? From friends - Theresa's family did not accept a suicide and hired their own PI. I'm so sorry for all of these families. I love Gloucester and Rockport and want to be sure my mom and aunt who live alone and go for walks, are safe!

@maiziedog, I absolutely understand your wish to make sure your relatives are safe. The FB live done with the Gloucester Chief IMO showed a Chief (and Mayor as he seemed to be in sync with her wishes on the issue of transparency IMO) that valued transparency with the community. It sounds like the Chief is open to any/all suggestions so I would suggest feeding in your question to the investigation.

The FB live format they said would happen again and it was great because people from the community were asking questions of the Chief and he was responding. I think that your question is absolutely valid and if you feel comfortable doing so I would suggest posting it to the Chief now and on the next FB live. It sounds like the FBI is assisting too so perhaps they might have identified the cases that you are referencing.

MOO

MOO
FBI assisting? Hmmm

If I were to walk into Abbie's house, and find the dough rising, the cookies made, the phone there, and the dog in the house, my first assumption would be she was in the house. Maybe in the bathroom, upstairs in the bedroom, etc.

People "disappear" every day, all around the world, simply by leaving the room. In other words, everyone has to be "somewhere."

I hope they have scoured every square inch of that house and any outbuildings. Maybe she went up to the attic to get some Super Bowl decorations she remembered from years past. . . and got stuck/wedged/incapacitated. Is there a basement, a crawl space?

THIS. An interesting thought. Although if her jacket is missing, presumably she is wearing it? The SB party prep certainly does not make me think self harm. I wonder, are any of Abbie's friends or family here as verified insiders?

FEB 9, 2020
UPDATE ON GLOUCESTER MISSING PERSON ABBIE FLYNN DAY 7
Today marks a full week from when Abbie Flynn was first reported missing by friends at approximately 6pm on Sunday, February 2nd. ...

[...]

abbie-flynn-missing-person-gloucester-ma.jpg

Does Abbie work?
Was there a delivery of a grocery order expected at the last minute for the party?
If single, was there someone that had their eye on her?
Immediate huge response is because she was hosting a party!
Geez, this is so sad.
I sure wish dogs could talk.

Does Abbie work?
Was there a delivery of a grocery order expected at the last minute for the party?
If single, was there someone that had their eye on her?
Immediate huge response is because she was hosting a party!
Geez, this is so sad.
I sure wish dogs could talk.
She is married though her husband reportedly lives in Texas.
I'm not sure if it was party or just a few friends coming over. Either way, one could argue it is not a set of circumstances for a typical disappearance. On the other hand, I've read nothing about her physical or emotional health. I could envision a get together of friends to cheer up a 60 year old woman who lives alone in a big house in a town that gets quiet during the short days of winter. The pictures we see are of a smiling woman in an expensive neighborhood but was that her current state?
I've read nothing about employment.

SABBMFA:

Abbie Flynn, 59, hasn't been seen since a couple hours before she was supposed to host a Super Bowl party. She told her son she was going for a walk around Farrington Avenue around 4 p.m. She was last seen in a red jacket.

Some random thoughts:

A red jacket is going to stick out like a sore thumb against that winter landscape.

For that reason, I'm struggling to envision a scenario involving some type of misadventure/accident.

Her body would have been spotted in that event, especially given the scope of the search efforts to find her.

Suicide is problematic from a timing standpoint….Who kills themselves right before hosting a SB party?

"….last seen in a red jacket."

Do we know who was the last to see her?

JMO.

SABBMFA:

Abbie Flynn, 59, hasn't been seen since a couple hours before she was supposed to host a Super Bowl party. She told her son she was going for a walk around Farrington Avenue around 4 p.m. She was last seen in a red jacket.

Some random thoughts:

A red jacket is going to stick out like a sore thumb against that winter landscape.

For that reason, I'm struggling to envision a scenario involving some type of misadventure/accident.

Her body would have been spotted in that event, especially given the scope of the search efforts to find her.

Suicide is problematic from a timing standpoint….Who kills themselves right before hosting a SB party?

JMO.
Her son via Facetime. :( MOO

SABBMFA:

Some random thoughts:

JMO.
They later changed the description of jacket to blue, after family arrived and checked what clothes they thought were missing. I don’t think anyone or any cameras actually saw her. They have not said who physically saw her last and when.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back