MA MA - Abbie Flynn, 60, went for walk before Super Bowl party, Gloucester, 2 Feb 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It’s looking like maybe her and her husband, Dr. Richard Braverman lived in Houston where they ran a business called Ahday Management. They bought the Gloucester house circa 2012 for $1 million. Too tired to look for more right now. Not sure if she was on a short visit to Gloucester or what. Looks like her family is originally from MA.

It’s looking like maybe her and her husband, Dr. Richard Braverman lived in Houston where they ran a business called Ahday Management. They bought the Gloucester house circa 2012 for $1 million. Too tired to look for more right now. Not sure if she was on a short visit to Gloucester or what. Looks like her family is originally from MA.
Her husband is a radiologist in Texas. I read early on that she spent time in Gloucester to be closer to the kids who are in college in the Northeast. No official confirmation of this.

MISSING: Massachusetts woman hosting Super Bowl party vanished before guests showed up

Just found this ...

Flynn lives alone and her children are away at school. Neighbors say her husband works out of state. Flynn's husband was in Texas at the time she disappeared and is returning to Massachusetts.

Wonder if they have an open marriage then?

I’m not against people having whatever kind of marriages they like if all consent. But not sure why you would jump to that conclusion?

It seems she and her husband both lived in Texas. They had a vacation home in Mass, and she happened to be up there on Super Bowl weekend. Her kids seem to be in college in various northeastern states. From what I could gather her husband has a very prestigious medical job as a Radiologist at the Children’s Hospital in Houston. They also seem to have decent amount of money. Maybe she likes to travel but he isn’t always available and if money isn’t really an issue she might enjoy taking trips on her own.

I’ve heard that she and her husband might be separated but haven’t seen any confirmation on that at all. So maybe they just enjoy their freedom without having an open relationship.

fwiw I owned my own business for years and my husband worked standard hours, I traveled a lot for pleasure without him because I had flexibility that he didn’t.

Hmm the scent ending in the driveway is odd and disturbing. If she went for a walk, you'd think they could track it past that. I know scent dogs aren't infallible, but still they DID pick up her scent, just in the driveway only.

I am wondering if she ever did go for that walk. Perhaps she was on her way out to go for a walk and was intercepted? Or someone pulled up out front or in her driveway and she went out to see what they wanted? Even though she told her son she might go for a walk, she may have gotten busy prepping for the party and decided not to go for one.

This seems very concerning. Obviously, it would still be concerning if something accidental happened while on a walk, but at first glance, it had seemed like that was most likely. Now I am starting to get the feeling of foul play MOO.
I haven’t read all the way through this thread, so don’t know if this has been addressed...but...true, it’s reported that her scent was lost at the end of the driveway, but there are also reports that she was last seen on Farrington, which is beyond her driveway.

Agree. that LE and family know or have pretty good idea what happened to her. But if foul play you'd think they'd still be looking for public's help, unless they have already have a suspect in mind.
Yeah, sadly I have to agree as well. If it was someone in my family missing, I’d be all over local media begging for help.

SBM.

I agree, I realize sometimes in cases of self harm the family wants and deserves privacy but I wish there was some way to give that while letting the public know there has been a resolution. I will probably express this poorly, but I feel that sometimes when suicide is involved the authorities are reluctant to mention it, perhaps out of fear publicizing it will push other people who are struggling with suicidal ideation over the edge.
As a reporter, I know from experience that law enforcement and media withhold that information out of respect to the decedent’s privacy and that of the family.

As a reporter, I know from experience that law enforcement and media withhold that information out of respect to the decedent’s privacy and that of the family.

And that's as it should be...we aren't entitled to know the specifics. I wish they could issue a statement like, "this missing person case has been resolved." In this very instance of Abbie Flynn going missing you have people in the community upset because they thought she was the third woman to go missing without a trace. Actually the two others were found and foul play was not suspected. It just would be nice if there was a way to indicate "case closed" while preserving the privacy of the family.

I haven’t read all the way through this thread, so don’t know if this has been addressed...but...true, it’s reported that her scent was lost at the end of the driveway, but there are also reports that she was last seen on Farrington, which is beyond her driveway.

The original report was that she probably went for a walk in the Farrington Avenue area. Farrington Avenue is the cross street from the ocean to the bay, and very close to her home.

I originally read it as she was last seen walking on Farrington Avenue.

But she was not seen anywhere that afternoon, and there is no confirmation that she went on a walk. To me, it seems more likely that she didn't go on a walk, since no neighbors saw her and she wasn't seen on any cameras.

GloucesterCast 383 Chief Ed Conley Search Update For Missing Gloucester Resident Abbie Flynn 2/6/20
At the 2:10 mark in the audio file - A little after 3 o'clock, Abbie had a conversation with her son. She mentioned she might go for a walk.

UPDATE: Gloucester Police Still Actively Investigating Case of Missing Woman - Gloucester Police Department
Abbie Flynn, 59, of Gloucester, went missing on Sunday afternoon after going on a walk in the Farrington Avenue area. She was last seen at approximately 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.

And that's as it should be...we aren't entitled to know the specifics. I wish they could issue a statement like, "this missing person case has been resolved." In this very instance of Abbie Flynn going missing you have people in the community upset because they thought she was the third woman to go missing without a trace. Actually the two others were found and foul play was not suspected. It just would be nice if there was a way to indicate "case closed" while preserving the privacy of the family.
Agree.

GloucesterCast 383 Chief Ed Conley Search Update For Missing Gloucester Resident Abbie Flynn 2/6/20
At the 2:10 mark in the audio file - A little after 3 o'clock, Abbie had a conversation with her son. She mentioned she might go for a walk.

UPDATE: Gloucester Police Still Actively Investigating Case of Missing Woman - Gloucester Police Department
Abbie Flynn, 59, of Gloucester, went missing on Sunday afternoon after going on a walk in the Farrington Avenue area. She was last seen at approximately 4:30 p.m. on Sunday.
I don't understand - conflicting information - so WAS she seen by someone later that afternoon ? No, right? There was never any confirmation she was seen on Farrington. The podcast with Police Chief was on the 6th, which was after the Update.

The link is broken/removed. Can you post the gist of what was said about the security guard at the lighthouse for those of us who don’t have a Facebook? Thanks
It's from a check-in from October 2019. She just makes a comment about it. Here it is:
"Beautiful!!! And the security guard is a really cool dude!!!"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back