GUILTY MA - Abducted Woman Rescued & 3 Bodies Found In Springfield, May 2018 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am wondering if he had his current or correct address on his license when he was stopped and arrested. Did they go to the wrong addie to search?
Yeah, hopefully that’s the case here. The house was owned by his mother I believe so they could have searched a different address.

And I am still wondering what his mother was doing when all of this was going on.
Yeah. I can’t imagine she didn’t know, unless he was so domineering that he somehow kept her out of the locations where he hid the bodies. Odds are she knew though, and protected him.

Yeah. I can’t imagine she didn’t know, unless he was so domineering that he somehow kept her out of the locations where he hid the bodies. Odds are she knew though, and protected him.

She called police to report a foul smell and that is how the bodies were found. I doubt she would have called about the smell if she knew and wanted to protect her son. JMO. I wonder if maybe mom didn't live at the house full time even though she owns it. Or maybe she is disabled (i.e. not able to do stairs?) since we know at least one of the bodies was found in the basement.

She called police to report a foul smell and that is how the bodies were found. I doubt she would have called about the smell if she knew and wanted to protect her son. JMO. I wonder if maybe mom didn't live at the house full time even though she owns it. Or maybe she is disabled (i.e. not able to do stairs?) since we know at least one of the bodies was found in the basement.
There’s two possibilities. You’re right and she didn’t know, or she saw his arrest as a way out, an opportunity to save herself. It’s hard for him to exert his influence from behind bars.

This is getting worse. So 3 dead missing women and two kidnappings now? 5 women altogether. Or is the 2nd kidnapping one of the dead women?
And their digging up the garden looking for more?
There’s not a lot of clarity on that other kidnapping charge because the indictment is sealed. With all of these victims being killed in such a short amount of time, it’s likely that any additional victims found on the property are just the tip of the iceberg as he’s moved around quite a bit.

This is getting worse. So 3 dead missing women and two kidnappings now? 5 women altogether. Or is the 2nd kidnapping one of the dead women?
And their digging up the garden looking for more?

I had heard on local radio this morning that someone else came forward with her story of being kidnapped and held against her will. So now his bail has doubled to $2 mil cash.
No charges have been brought regarding the 3 deaths pending autopsies. I haven't seen it in print yet concerning the 2nd kidnap victim.

From what I heard she more than likely knew and she knew that it was likely about to all come crashing down. So she called to try to save herself! According to what I’ve heard she always covered for him and the woman who was kidnapped was held at her house she had a broken jaw and stab wounds to her abdomen so you know there was screaming. She would have heard. Sick sick sick. I hope if they can prove she knew that she goes down with him!

Links from LE or MSM to back this up at all? That would really be most helpful.

Still no criminal charges 6 days after 3 women's remains found at Springfield home
Three%20women%20Page%20Blvd%20ID%20web_1528167955370.jpg_44480385_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

The remains found at the Page Blvd. home last week have been identified as 47-year-old Ernestine Ryans and 34-year-old America Lyden of Springfield.
Both women had been reported missing to the Springfield Police Department months ago. The DA identified the third victim as 27-year-old Kayla Escalante of Ludlow.
<Snip>
Weldon has not been charged in connection with the bodies discovered at his registered address on Page Blvd.

The DA said he's waiting for the Medical Examiner to release an autopsy report with a confirmed cause of death for the three victims.
There were still officers at the home Monday evening.

The district attorney said police will be investigating here on page boulevard for days, and possibly weeks to come.

I take it his DNA would have been in the system from the previous convictions. Does anyone think otherwise? I ask because there's the case out of Brockton (100 miles away) where they have DNA on a serial rapist and killer from 2-3 years ago still on the loose.

I take it his DNA would have been in the system from the previous convictions. Does anyone think otherwise? I ask because there's the case out of Brockton (100 miles away) where they have DNA on a serial rapist and killer from 2-3 years ago still on the loose.

It's State Law so Springfield is no different.

Section 3

Section 3. Any person who is convicted of an offense that is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison and any person adjudicated a youthful offender by reason of an offense that would be punishable by imprisonment in the state prison if committed by an adult shall submit a DNA sample to the department within 1 year of such conviction or adjudication or, if incarcerated, before release from custody, whichever occurs first.

I’ve spent some time looking into the backgrounds of these victims and it’s clear that they were very vulnerable as they all lived a high-risk lifestyle. What surprises me is that the second of the three known victims (Kayla Escalante), was apparently never reported missing, despite the fact that she seemingly dropped off the radar in the middle of December.

I’ve spent some time looking into the backgrounds of these victims and it’s clear that they were very vulnerable as they all lived a high-risk lifestyle. What surprises me is that the second of the three known victims (Kayla Escalante), was apparently never reported missing, despite the fact that she apparently dropped off the radar in the middle of December.
That’s very sad. Since they’ve released the names of all the victims I assume her next of kin knows that she’s deceased. I hope she’ll get a proper funeral. At least the other families will now have some closure.

That’s very sad. Since they’ve released the names of all the victims I assume her next of kin knows that she’s deceased.
Yes. There was a quote from her father basically saying that he wouldn’t discuss the case at the request of his ex wife (Kayla’s mother). Apparently mother and daughter had some conflict in the past, including a restraining order. The last police call involving mother and daughter was mid December which explains why the mother didn’t report her missing. It still doesn’t explain why her friends didn’t report anything though.

Agree. i need links as well.
She was refering to a local blog that discussed the case. It is apparently against the TOS to post information from a source like that. I read the blog, and it didn’t provide any proof that the mom was aware of what was going on. Rather, the gist of it was “there’s no way she could have not known that this was going on, with the house being so small and there being three murders and the long-term stench of decomposition.” This of course isn’t proof that the mother knew.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badge 1187
Back