GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-33...-history-hallucinations-suicide-attempts.html
A former babysitter accused of kidnapping a two-year-old girl in the middle of the night and assaulting her could barely stand as she made her first court appearance on Monday.
Emph. mine

The two-year-old toddler had cigarette burns on her body and her head shaved to reveal a bruise the size of a softball.

And yet, this former babysitter was recently engaged to be married and possibly showed no signs of 'not being able to stand'.
Revolting.

Mental illness is certainly a sad and realistic affliction, but something about this woman's behavior makes me wonder if some of her 'symptoms' are being faked ?
Apparently she was well enough that the parents of this little Lyndon felt she could babysit their daughter.

Glad Lyndon is alive and hopefully will grow up with no memory of this !
SMDH

:moo:

* Thank you, Mods !! *

Maybe posters who have been around WS much longer than I have can answer this question. I have noticed this thread says "Found Alive" and most all of the others say "Found Safe". What's the difference? TIA

I'm certainly not trying to defend anyone here that's for sure as a terrible terrible thing has happened to Lyndon. What I am going to say is that mental illness is a real thing, psychotic breaks can come out of nowhere caused by triggers no one knows anything about. Before we start name calling and determining that Abi is a liar, let's just take a breath and wait for the facts.

There's clearly something not right with her and I can only guess that we will hear of her medical and mental history. Maybe she did have a miscarriage. Why are we assuming she didn't?

Maybe posters who have been around WS much longer than I have can answer this question. I have noticed this thread says "Found Alive" and most all of the others say "Found Safe". What's the difference? TIA

I keep meaning to ask about that!

According to the link, she

Lied to LE numerous times, then changed her story when challenged

Said she didn't know the Albers, then admitted she did when questioned further

Said she knew the Albers kept their doors unlocked and thought they were too strict with their children

Said she had been smoking pot that night, though LE found no evidence of it

Her parents didn't see her all evening or that night, didn't know where she was

She tried to leave to meet with her attorney, taking some bags with her. When LE asked to search the bags, they found Lyndon's clothing and other evidence. Wonder what she planned to do with the evidence of her crime? Did someone tell her to bring it to the lawyer's office?

She lied, telling LE she didn't know the password to her own cell phone

Sounds as though she was coherent enough that she knew to lie numerous times to cover up her activities that night and to attempt to destroy evidence.

Sounds like some kind of personality disorder, but not psychosis.

I'm glad they revoked her bail. It seems she's already got a plan for avoiding responsibility for her actions.

Paychotic vs. sane, that is the question. BUT, having read that Abi had a mscarriage a month ago (see link below), I am now thinking this falls under the "crazy baby-related cases" that have always horrified and fascinated me. These have two main types:

1. Women who deny pregnancy to others and possibly themselves, then give birth and kill, discard, severely neglect or even more bizarrely hoard the dead babies in suitcases, car trunks, closets etc (Erika Murray, Megan Huntsman, Shannon Gore, Dominique Cottrez and many others).

2. Women who fool others and possibly themselves into thinking they are pregnant (often after suffering a miscarriage or baby that died), then either kill a pregnant woman and cut out the baby to claim as their own or kidnap a baby (Ashleigh Wade, Darci Pierce, Debra Evans, etc).

One thing that has always stood out to me is that both the types above have somewhat organized thinking and actions (planning, hiding, lying) but only up to a very limited point. For example, why would you stash 5 dead babies around the house? Why would you think you could get away with killing a woman and say it was a burglar when the baby was cut out? They often seem to show barely organized thinking, and change their stories a lot. I think these women are different from ladies suffering postpartum psychosis, because that has obvious signs of not being in reality. A psychotic break is pretty obvious although they might be sudden. But these baby-related crimes described above are very strange and sickening in a "half-crazy" state IMO.

The fact Abi changed her story multiple times and obviously did not have a solid plan (where was she going to say this baby came from?), as well as her stash of toddler clothes, etc. makes me think she is one of these baby abduction crazies. I really think this issue needs to be studied, it is freaky! I'm blown away by the whole thing!

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/11/abigail_hanna_first_lied_about.html

Paychotic vs. sane, that is the question. BUT, having read that Abi had a mscarriage a month ago (see link below), I am now thinking this falls under the "crazy baby-related cases" that have always horrified and fascinated me. These have two main types:

1. Women who deny pregnancy to others and possibly themselves, then give birth and kill, discard, severely neglect or even more bizarrely hoard the dead babies in suitcases, car trunks, closets etc (Erika Murray, Megan Huntsman, Shannon Gore, Dominique Cottrez and many others).

2. Women who fool others and possibly themselves into thinking they are pregnant (often after suffering a miscarriage or baby that died), then either kill a pregnant woman and cut out the baby to claim as their own or kidnap a baby (Ashleigh Wade, Darci Pierce, Debra Evans, etc).

One thing that has always stood out to me is that both the types above have somewhat organized thinking and actions (planning, hiding, lying) but only up to a very limited point. For example, why would you stash 5 dead babies around the house? Why would you think you could get away with killing a woman and say it was a burglar when the baby was cut out? They often seem to show barely organized thinking, and change their stories a lot. I think these women are different from ladies suffering postpartum psychosis, because that has obvious signs of not being in reality. A psychotic break is pretty obvious although they might be sudden. But these baby-related crimes described above are very strange and sickening in a "half-crazy" state IMO.

The fact Abi changed her story multiple times and obviously did not have a solid plan (where was she going to say this baby came from?), as well as her stash of toddler clothes, etc. makes me think she is one of these baby abduction crazies. I really think this issue needs to be studied, it is freaky! I'm blown away by the whole thing!

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2015/11/abigail_hanna_first_lied_about.html

Perhaps she wanted to abduct the child, then got cold feet and tried to make it look like someone kidnapped her instead. I'm still sensing some sort of revenge towards the parents.

Terrible that she cared so little for Lyndon that she thought nothing of burning her, bashing her head and leaving her abandoned in the cold with no clothing. Wonder if she assumed the child would die before she was found?

IMO, she sounds like a selfish, vengeful person who isn't accustomed to being held accountable for her actions.

People with schizophrenia spectrum disorders and other psychotic disorders (including brief psychotic disorder, which can be brought on by traumatic events such as miscarriage) lie, change their stories, and act paranoid.

I wonder why she had dirt on her hands and face, and a twig in her hair. Did she intentionally cover the baby with leaves? Or was it somewhere outdoors that she was shaving the baby's head and burning her with cigarettes?

If it's true that she had a miscarriage, maybe she was jealous and resentful of Lyndon's parents for having a beautiful, healthy child and she wanted to hurt them by hurting their baby.

I am certainly not trying to make excuses for Abi or anybody -- people who hurt babies or kill pregnant women are not people I want to defend. I just really think there is some mental illness or hormonal component or SOMETHING that makes some women disconnect from reality to the point they are willing to stab a childhood friend in the neck and cut out their baby with little to no chance of succeeding in the evil plan. I mean really, WTF! But whether Abi falls in that category, I don't know... The women described above sometimes hurt or killed the baby via carelessness in their mania, but cigarette burns are very deliberate. So maybe she is a vengeful, malingering, sane but evil person, or maybe she is psychotic, or maybe she falls under one of the "crazy baby lady" categories. I really don't know.

People who have been saying "a psychotic person couldn't quietly break into a house" are completely wrong. If she was having a psychotic break and thought that she needed to get LA because she perceived LA as a danger to her, then she would/could be quiet. On one occasion when I was psychotic I thought that armed police were after me; I hid for hours being quiet, yet aware of certain things around me. I planned my route of escape and followed it. I knew where I wanted to go to be safe and how I would get there. On another occasion I drove my car several hundred miles without having an accident, yet I have no recollection of leaving the house or driving at all. Psychosis is about perception and what the individual believes is real. We can still see things around us that are there. We are still aware of some things. It's no good trying to understand a psychotic person if you don't get that you are trying to understand them from your rational point of view. Someone with psychosis isn't able to think rationally.

I'm not making excuses for Abi, but a psychotic break can come on rapidly, without warning and from what is being reported this isn't the first time she has experienced this. It's easy to say "oh she's faking it" but I'm sure the doctors and mental health staff are in a much better position to judge whether she is indeed psychotic and very unwell, or whether she is faking, and at this stage an expert in psychiatry believes that Abi is unwell.

Oh, thank goodness the Daily Mail have given us their favourite and most crucial information.

Her father is listed as an elementary school teacher, they lived in a $1,000,000+ home and she had a 18k a year prep school education? How in the world do those numbers make sense?

The article listed it wrong, the mother is Laurie and her fathers name is David Hanna.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Head shaving, to me, is either A. Trying to change appearance or B. To humiliate.

Maybe dad is an administrator or principal, maybe mom works, maybe one or both parents have a trust fund.

Her father is listed as an elementary school teacher, they lived in a $1,000,000+ home and she had a 18k a year prep school education? How in the world do those numbers make sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one that lived it
Back