GUILTY MA - Abigail Hanna for kidnap, assault of 2yo girl, Hamilton, 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
was she possibly thrown from the car, hit her head and got road rash?

I don't know, but the search warrant said one of the things the police were looking for was any instruments capable of causing blunt force trauma :( so maybe they think she had been hit or beaten with something.

From the search warrant affidavit, prior to her arrest Abi was thinking clearly enough to tell some impressive lies to the police in an attempt to get out of trouble. And when she was caught lying, she had some clever, plausible excuses to explain why she lied. MOO.

I honestly don't know what to make of Abi. She is clearly messed up in some way but I can't even attempt to guess what's behind her behavior here.

The psychologist only saw Abi for an hour, and for most of that time Abi refused to speak. You can't determine if someone is genuinely psychotic or just malingering in so short a time.
I agree. But for now, I personally put more stock in a doctor with decades of experience assessing whether or not people are malingering than I do in people who say she couldn't be psychotic because of the 5 minutes they saw her on TV. Or looked at her FB page, or saw how much her parents' house cost, or what her private school tuition was. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but some of the posts have been dismissive and demeaning (and uninformed) regarding mental illness. Especially considering there are people in this very thread who have shared their own mental health struggles.
And of course I also recognize that there is a small child and her family who were victims in this situation. I don't say any of this in an attempt to lesson the trauma they suffered.

You can read the full search warrant here:
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30...napping-hamilton-toddler-is-held-without-bail

Lots of information. The police talked to Hanna on her cellphone before they met her, and she lied and said she was babysitting, but would not tell them where. She hung up on them and then would not answer when they repeatedly tried to phone her. And it sounds like she may have had the child with her when she was talking to the police on the phone, and quickly dumped her by the road before going to meet with the police?? MOO

Interesting information in the search warrant:

Parents say Hanna was terminated as a babysitter (she was fired)

At 8:51 am, police began trying to contact Hanna on her cell phone. She didn't answer and the kept calling her.

At 9:07 am, she called them back and said she was babysitting. Officer offered to meet her at the home where she was babysitting and she said she would call back, but didn't. He called her again a few more times. She answered and then hung up. He called her back 6 times.

She finally called him at 9:27 am, then told him her cell phone battery was dying and that she was actually babysitting somewhere else. She hung up again, so the officers decided to go to her parents home. When they pulled up at 9:35 am, she was driving into her parents garage.

At 9:35 am, while the officers were still at Hanna's parent's house, Mrs. Crosby called police and reported they saw a small child (Lyndon) naked and dirty by the side of the road.

Lyndon was found approx. 3.2 miles from Hanna's parent's home.

So, it certainly seems as though Hanna may have had Lyndon with her when police called her cell phone. Thank goodness they acted so quickly, forcing her to drop off the child by the side of the road.

Considering the terrible injuries the child suffered at her hands, it makes me wonder how badly Hanna would have harmed her if police hadn't called her cell phone. Great job by LE in catching her so quickly. They sure didn't give up.

Also: Hanna's neighbor at her apartment had observed her laundering a bunch of toddler size clothes, including the pink jacket. When police confiscated the clothes from Hanna, the jacket was soiled with dirt, leaves, etc. It sounds like she may have somehow acquired some clothing before taking Lyndon. Perhaps she thought she needed something for the child to wear, knowing she planned to kidnap her at night when she would only be wearing pj's. If so, that's definitely premeditation, planning.

The SW also lists pieces of fabric found w/ Hanna (assume these were the toddler's clothes she had in the bags) that had burn holes in them.

Link to search warrant with lots more information:

http://ftpcontent3.worldnow.com/wfxt/pdf/hanna-search.pdf

From the search warrant affidavit, prior to her arrest Abi was thinking clearly enough to tell some impressive lies to the police in an attempt to get out of trouble. And when she was caught lying, she had some clever, plausible excuses to explain why she lied. MOO.

I had the same exact thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The psychologist only saw Abi for an hour, and for most of that time Abi refused to speak. You can't determine if someone is genuinely psychotic or just malingering in so short a time.

People are learning from James Holmes and Philip Chism

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully, I don't think that you understand mental illness. Someone's public Facebook page is not indicative of their mental health. People often confuse public show for private life. Social media is the place one can easily build a false persona. It happens every day. And Amana Knox never used the insanity plea. There is odd behavior and then there is psychosis. I will take the professional diagnoses/analysis psychologists render of Abigail over public condemnation based on emotion and outrage. We already have one. I am hopeful that the next one provides further clarity.

MOO.

Respectfully, it is only my opinion, after all.

I stick to it until further information.

I don't understand your second paragraph and who you're referring to when you say "I'd".
I'm referring to myself. Having seem many examples of vicious behavior explained away as "I can't help myself", I no longer accept someone is not responsible for their actions unless there is a demonstrated history of involvement with psychiatric care.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Wow. That search warrant is something else.

I'm confused on the timing and where the baby was from 7:00-8:15.....Did Abi have her at her parents house?

I'm confused on the timing and where the baby was from 7:00-8:15.....Did Abi have her at her parents house?

I'm not sure, that's what the investigators seemed to think based on their own words at the time they were applying for the search warrant, that they would find evidence of her being there, unless that's just legal terminology and they needed to rule it out.

J
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/30...napping-hamilton-toddler-is-held-without-bail

Lots of information. The police talked to Hanna on her cellphone before they met her, and she lied and said she was babysitting, but would not tell them where. She hung up on them and then would not answer when they repeatedly tried to phone her. And it sounds like she may have had the child with her when she was talking to the police on the phone, and quickly dumped her by the road before going to meet with the police?? MOO

It does leave one to consider the possibility that this could have become a murder case had the police not kept calling her when they did. Unsettling.

I'm sure they'll find out. They can probably track her cell phone signal if she was driving around. Since her parents were home part of that time, it seems it would have been hard for Hanna to hide the child and keep her quiet.

Lastly, even if they were not Lyndon's clothes, it was something she consciously attempted to hide knowing it would be problematic for her.

RSBM

I really hope she hasn't done something like this before :/ (maybe not to this degree and just not get caught)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Perhaps because Abi was a babysitter, this case reminded me of Rebecca De Mornay in 'The hand that rocks the cradle'... :nerves:

A Mão que Balança o Berço.png

Agreed, and conclusions in such an instance can really only be subjective for the most part, subjective based on her responses and info provided, what little it sounds to have been. I can't imagine objective confirmation of auditory and visual findings are possible, or if anything truly objective was determined in that hour. I'm not saying the right thing didn't occur though because I absolutely agree a full evaluation is needed, it's just I'm not convinced yet that it isn't a manipulation.

I think you may have hit the nail on the head here. With the timeline it does seem to fit.

MOO

Thankfully police were on her right away. I can't imagine what might have happened :/

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I know someone who is a social worker and one of her primary responsibilities is placing people who are in crisis, some of whom are malingering. She judges it pretty quickly - of course, all cases are different and some situations are more difficult than others, but her explanations to me of how she does it make a lot of sense. It is high stakes and stressful, but very interesting, and I'm so glad there are people like her willing to do it. Because of limited resources, she has to prevent people from claiming to be delusional or suicidal in order to get a bed (if they are homeless or detoxing or just want someone to talk to), which is very sad.

This reminds me of the case in ?Philadelphia (not sure of place), where a young, single woman kidnapped a child that attended the day care that she worked at. She abused the child and then let her go. The child was found partially naked, but alive, on a playground. It was discussed over and over how there must have been a second person, but no one else was ever charged. I believe that woman pled guilty and is still in prison. No reason/motive was ever disclosed.
I guess it seems similar because: young single woman, kidnapping a child known to them, eventually letting the child go and the women acting alone. Just so strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91
Back