MA MA - Ana Walshe, 39, regional general manager of a real estate company, Cohasset, 1 Jan 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you consider the real estate alone, that could be a true statement (kinda). But it's not unencumbered, so who really knows her net worth.
Thanks- just confused moving fast--read that MIL was financially supporting family, they were paying 5k month rent (MIL helping) home shambles -no fence around pool- kids- so thanks now she has millions I guess. Bet the lawyer keeping them out of jail so long has most of it. imo

In case it matters later, Ana owns the DC house in her name only. Paid $1.3 million in March of '22 (about the same time that the Jerusalem Rd house was sold). The Jerusalem Rd house was also reportedly in her name only, with a $600K mortgage and $110K HELOC
All the RE is in her name only, there are other investment properties-four total. Not suprising given the legal shenanigins BW has been involved with over the past ten years.

What kind of truck is that leaving from the house?

Can you please give a update of her being worth millions? I missed that.
I based my comment that potentially millions are at stake on the MSM articles that show she sold her house for $1.3m, her IG that states she owns 4 investment properties including an apartment building in Baltimore, the DOJ sentencing memo lists multiple retirement accounts in Ana's name, including one where $91k was transferred in from her husband.

The DOJ Sentencing memo is a good source as they are complaining that BW hid assets available to him through his wife.

If you consider the real estate alone, that could be a true statement (kinda). But it's not unencumbered, so who really knows her net worth.
Especially if any shared assets with her spouse are tied up in what he owes as a result of his conviction. I find the jet-setting lifestyle (for lack of a better term) in AW's social media as juxtaposed against her spouse's choices & condition of the Cohasset rental to be quite informative.

You know those puzzles where two photos are side by side & you have to find what the subtle differences are? Like that.

JMO

Thanks- just confused moving fast--read that MIL was financially supporting family, they were paying 5k month rent (MIL helping) home shambles -no fence around pool- kids- so thanks now she has millions I guess. Bet the lawyer keeping them out of jail so long has most of it. imo
I can see how it would all be confusing. JMO- but the legal issues had a lot to do with the movement of money, not necessarily about who needed it to support the family. If you get my drift ...

Especially if any shared assets with her spouse are tied up in what he owes as a result of his conviction. I find the jet-setting lifestyle (for lack of a better term) in AW's social media as juxtaposed against her spouse's choices & condition of the Cohasset rental to be quite informative.

You know those puzzles where two photos are side by side & you have to find what the subtle differences are? Like that.

JMO
It is always interesting. I don't trust anything I see. My wealthiest client drives an old Subaru. I see other people with serious fraud cases on the brink of bankruptcy yet they are still driving the flashy cars. A close family friend had their beautiful house foreclosed waiting for the sheriff to evict and refused to sell any art or possessions to try to get current on the (very reasonable) mortgage. People can be delusional and fail to take any steps that might diminish their social standing (in their own head) to help their long-term prospects.

I based my comment that potentially millions are at stake on the MSM articles that show she sold her house for $1.3m, her IG that states she owns 4 investment properties including an apartment building in Baltimore, the DOJ sentencing memo lists multiple retirement accounts in Ana's name, including one where $91k was transferred in from her husband.

The DOJ Sentencing memo is a good source as they are complaining that BW hid assets available to him through his wife.
Thanks Alethea: Wonder if the apartment building in Baltimore helps or hinders her net worth? I work (last 25 years 7 days union job big 3) and have hard time comprehending so called "operators" and their values and so called wealth. Thanks again.

Thanks Alethea: Wonder if the apartment building in Baltimore helps or hinders her net worth? I work (last 25 years 7 days union job big 3) and have hard time comprehending so called "operators" and their values and so called wealth. Thanks again.
Good question! I assumed she had at least some equity in each building but we don't know. Like other people mentioned, there could be a lot of loans so maybe there is not much left.

JMO
I picked up on the same, there is an IG post where Ana talks about a facial ("keeps my money-maker in tact").

She had to be struggling to keep all the balls in the air, right? My God she worked away from home, 50-60 hours a week. Came home on the weekends to three boys under six. The extended legal issues which have went on for almost five years. A lessor woman would have cracked years ago, IMO she's made of tough stuff!!

I picked up on the same, there is an IG post where Ana talks about a facial ("keeps my money-maker in tact").

She had to be struggling to keep all the balls in the air, right? My God she worked away from home, 50-60 hours a week. Came home on the weekends to three boys under six. The extended legal issues which have went on for almost five years. A lessor woman would have cracked years ago, IMO she's made of tough stuff!!
I do wonder if she just got sick of it. If she felt like there wasn't a plan forward so she was going to leave. We have seen that happen so many times with similar results.

Good question! I assumed she had at least some equity in each building but we don't know. Like other people mentioned, there could be a lot of loans so maybe there is not much left.
Only reason I mention Baltimore: traveled in 80's for work out of Harrisburg PA local, met another traveler from Baltimore which was across river from Peach Bottom nuke we were working at--- ( also pipefitter) -his words were in 1981 something like " I moved all my money from Baltimore rentals to Miami condo speculation and I will double my money in 5 years minimum" I.E. smart money was "out" in Baltimore and "in" in Miami or south Florida. Lastly-never went back east after job finished-why? went to a bar after work... 5 deep at bar by 9pm and 3 guys looked just like me. Thanks again

But what kind of emergency would she have to attend to from hours away that no one in DC could? She doesn’t work in maintenance for the company.

This emergency call business. Was Ana hustling down to DC with a bunch of tools to fix a leak? It's totally bogus.
The real estate firm Ana works for deals in very expensive properties. It's not impossible that clients with an emergency would expect the attention of a high-level executive for some type of true emergency. I don't think that's what happened here, though.

For example: The mansion you lease for $12k a month has a pipe burst and is flooding your great room and ruining your custom-made sofa and your grand piano. The leasing company sends a junior plumber in a truck because it's a holiday. Would that be acceptable?

moo

Is this a complete timeline of *known* facts:
1) The couple hosted a NYE party, at which Ana was present
2) Ana was scheduled and holding a ticket to fly to DC on 1/3. (This is logical since this would be the typical first day back at work, with 1/1 being a Sunday and 1/2 being the designated holiday).
3) She told her family she had to go DC earlier, on 1/1, for a work emergency. [This is accepted as fact that Ana told her family this, but whether or not there actually was a work emergency is unconfirmed by her employer]
4) Ana did not have a ticket for 1/1, but was going to go airport to fly standby
5) Ana left the home but it's not clear who saw her last or when exactly she left the home. It is accepted as fact that she left the home between 4am and 5am on 1/1.
6) There is no known video of her leaving. There is no electronic footprint on 1/1 or after. It is not known if there are any Rideshare records, but it is being reported that there are no rideshare records.
7) edited: Ana was reported missing on 1/4. LE received simultaneous reports from her husband and employer. h/t Pommymommy
BACKGROUND FACTS
Ana's husband was arrested for his role in selling two fake Warhol paintings on Ebay
Ana was specifically involved in the fake art sale according to the FBI records, which had her helping to cultivate Victim 1 and set up the sale.
Good summary, thanks

As to number 3---Is it accepted fact that she told her family this? Maybe her husband made that story about a 'work emergency' up?

And same with number 5? Is it accepted fact that she left the home between 4 and 5?

The real estate firm Ana works for deals in very expensive properties. It's not impossible that clients with an emergency would expect the attention of a high-level executive for some type of true emergency. I don't think that's what happened here, though.

For example: The mansion you lease for $12k a month has a pipe burst and is flooding your great room and ruining your custom-made sofa and your grand piano. The leasing company sends a junior plumber in a truck because it's a holiday. Would that be acceptable?

moo
No it would not be. I personally would expect a senior plumber wearing a tuxedo

JMO
I'm not so sure I'd read much into the "condition" of the rental. I'd imagine the owner is responsible for the maintenance (re: pool) and I do think some of those pictures looked worse given it's winter and has been windy/rainy/cloudy etc. recently.

But, it does seem like there are indications this is a family that was stretched financially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Masonjoe