MA MA - Ana Walshe - Supposedly Left Home in Rideshare to Airport - Cohasset #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Has Other "Someone" Not Been Arrested for Lying?

@youarentsilly
Briefly, LE agencies working this case have bigger fish to fry, like continuing investigation in homicide of Ana Walshe. And other cases too.

Beyond that, if you are thinking about perjury, the crime entails more elements than lying to LE or under oath or in court.
If you are thinking about false stmt. to LE (I have not searched for MA statutory language specificly, so I'm NOT speaking to MA law here), those types of statutes usu. require the accused make the stmt. w INTENT to mislead (like Brian).

After such an arrest, a common response by "Someone" would be --- Oh, I was confused, I thought officer was asking about MisPers leaving the week before. If I had been given a bit of time to think about it, I would have given correct info. Yadda yadda.

Likely this particular stmt. about seeing Ana leave was part of a relatively short convo btwn LE & 'Someone." Maybe convo was w only one LEO. Maybe/likely imo NOT captured on audio or vid RECORDING. If so, it's a swearing contest ("Someone" said v. LEO said), a case w relatively weak or fragile evidence, in terms of what a prosecutor, judge, or jury expect.

imo jmo moo icbw
As per who saw her last, her mother said in Serbian that they had a guest on New Years Eve. Apparently it was Ana's ex boss from her last employment, mother knew only his nickname and he left their house about 1ish am on 1 of Jan. He is 60 years old and not married.

I thought the same thing. The guy is awaiting sentencing for selling fraudulent Warhol’s… I wonder how much of the wealth was real, and how much was just a façade… I am of course, referring to him, and not Ana… and I’m definitely not suggesting that she has done anything wrong…
Agreed. It will be interesting to hear about his life prior to the Warhol scam, which he apparently profited from twice! The dealer said he didn't blame Ana, even though her husband used a account in her name to commit fraud, he felt she had no knowledge of fraud, and was possibly a newly wed at the time.
M00

What a nimrod. If he is guilty of this crime, then I hope he gets punished extremely severely. Life in prison without parole would be the least that he deserves.

I wonder how a toad like him ever hooked up with AW, who was drop-dead gorgeous & obviously way out of his league. Wonders never cease.
Yeah, I mean who would risk selling fake Andy Warhol paintings on EBay for big bucks? That is really dumb. On top of all the other dumb things he’s done.

Thanks for your reply, I did not realize the pool was basically swamp water, it did look a lot darker than I am used to (we’ve had multiple pools of our own, but we live in the southeast and maintain them well and l’ve never seen anything like that), I honestly didn’t realize that they could get that dirty.

I have already read and seen everything else you mentioned… but to me, none of that explains why they would say they’ve stopped searching for her just because they arrested the husband and everything else that has to do with him has come to light. To me that would be more reason to keep searching, but I guess, it sounds like they ARE indeed searching… but it has shifted to looking for her remains rather than finding her alive. I guess that is the distinction between the previous meaning of a “search” for her… :(
I think you're confusing articles from the search of the woods etc behind the house from days ago with info from verified journalists on Twitter stating that they are searching a waste collection facility that processes trash from the area Ana's MIL lived in today. They searched through nightfall this evening, and "evidence" was found, which many WS members suspect may be parts of Ana's body. LE are very much actively searching for Ana.

Yeah, I mean who would risk selling fake Andy Warhol paintings on EBay for big bucks? That is really dumb. On top of all the other dumb things he’s done.
Yeah… Something tells me the list of dumb things he’s done is a long one. He’s a fraud. Frauds are liars, and in my opinion, particularly disgusting human beings. I feel terrible for her, knowing that she was saddled to this loser because once a liar, always a liar… so that said, who knows if she really ever truly knew the guy she was married to… which is not a character flaw of hers, but of his.

Yeah… Something tells me the list of dumb things he’s done is a long one. He’s a fraud. Frauds are liars, and in my opinion, particularly disgusting human beings. I feel terrible for her, knowing that she was saddled to this loser … because once a liar, always a liar… so who knows if she really even knew the guy she was married to… which is not a character flaw of hers, but of his.
Well said. He is a conman. I’m so sorry that Ana got manipulated by him. She was obviously loved and a hard worker and had so much going for her.

Do we know anything about Brian's childhood? I am curious about Ana's statement that "he was taught to lie and hide." What does this stem from? MOO

[...]

Brian Walshe is already on probation and home confinement, wearing a monitoring bracelet, awaiting sentencing for a federal case involving the sale of fake Andy Warhol paintings on eBay in 2016.

In letters to the judge in that case, his wife, Ana Walshe, said she met Brian in 2008 and it was "love at first sight." The couple married in 2015 and had three children. She talks about his kindness and describes him as a nurturing and loving dad, but also said he has been deeply affected by his childhood and claimed he was taught to lie and hide. She wrote that he regretted his actions in the past and that he had been focusing on charity work and transforming his life.

[...]

[...]

Hours after the arraignment, a visible police presence could be seen at Brian Walshe’s mother-in-law’s apartment complex in Swampscott.

Investigators focused their attention on a dumpster at the Landing at Vinnin Square at 330 Paradise Road.

Boston 25 News sources said authorities towed that dumpster to the Republic Services trash transfer station on Forest Street in Peabody.

[...]

Neighbors in Swampscott told Boston 25 News they got chills when they found out why police had surrounded the dumpster at their complex.

“The one over there is automatic. When you close the door, it compacts,” said neighbor Pat Tradd. “It’s a scary thing to think about that, god forbid somebody put something in there, the compactor would compact it.”

[...]

The dumpster was towed from the complex after prosecutors painted a questionable timeline during Brian Walshe’s trip to Swampscott.

According to prosecutors, he claimed he’d also gone to Whole Foods and a CVS across the street from his mother’s apartment.

However, surveillance video from those locations reportedly shows no sign of him leaving hours of time that is unaccounted for.

[...]

:oops: :(
This truly makes me sick to my stomach… so I’m guessing based on this article, and the timeline per the prosecutor, it would’ve been New Year’s day when all of this occurred…

I repeat… Sick to my stomach. :(

Yeah… Something tells me the list of dumb things he’s done is a long one. He’s a fraud. Frauds are liars, and in my opinion, particularly disgusting human beings. I feel terrible for her, knowing that she was saddled to this loser because once a liar, always a liar… so that said, who knows if she really ever truly knew the guy she was married to… which is not a character flaw of hers, but of his.
I wonder if she found out more about his illegal ventures and she lost her life because if it.

I'm missing something. In the original press conference it was said that someone NOT her husband saw her leaving. We never learned who that person was, AFAIK. If they are going to arrest him for misleading, shouldn't this person who must have lied also be arrested? Thoughts?
I’m guessing that there is no urgent need to arrest any other person; perhaps the detectives know a thing or two about how to get witnesses to cooperate, and arresting them is usually not highest on their list of ways to elicit cooperation. Watchful waiting often works, especially as the noise tightens around a suspect.

MOO, but once someone close to a suspect sees that their friend or loved one is in legal peril, they may share info with LE or try to convince their loved one to confess or cooperate. They (LE) are playing the long game here. All speculation/MOO.

Well rats, too much time has passed to edit/delete a couple of posts, but I scrolled through all of thread 1 again and it seems like

- the MIL is not confirmed to live there?
- it was the husband not the MIL who saw her leave (I swear I had read he was sleeping but another family member said she left)?
- the mother has an apartment?

I have seen a couple of MSM reports that removed the fact about the MIL living there from earlier versions. And I can’t find anywhere that said it was female relative who saw her leave, even though this is in my memory. Also I saw one MSM article about the apartment of Brian’s MIL, and another that said mother. Ugh - poor reporting.

I guess it’s all moot but what exactly is up with the MIL? Did she live there? Did she have an apartment?

This article is somewhat more detailed about the timeline of events. According to his attorney, from this article, he is not charged with murder. He's charged with misleading investigators by not saying, as I understand it, if he went to a Home Depot," Walshe's attorney said.

Last edited:
TRANSCRIPTION OF PRESS CONFERENCE

6TH JANUARY.

From the above Transcript
LE - It was reported that she left the house around 4:00 a.m. and shortly thereafter, I believe 6:00 a.m.

Reporter - So someone saw her leaving the house, physically?.

LE - We have information to that effect. (Passive)
Reporter - Who was the last to see her?. Was it her husband?. Did her husband actually see her leave the house?. Who would have been the last person who saw her?.

LE - He was sleeping when she left, (<< keep this in mind) again, it was reported as early morning.
Reporter - Can you say who was the last person to see her, if her husband was sleeping?. Who actually saw her at 4 or 5 in the morning?.

LE - A family member. (passive)

Reporter - Who was at the house?.

LE - Yes, correct.

Reporter - So they physically saw her at 4 or 5 in the morning on New Year's Day?.

LE - That's what's being reported to us.

Reporter - And was that one of her children, or was that somebody else in the home?.

LE - It's a family member. (Passive)

Then we have this.

TIMELINE: What Happened to Ana Walshe?

Brian Walshe said his wife left around 6 a.m., taking an Uber or Lyft to go to the airport, where she was scheduled to fly to D.C.

According to court documents, he told police he and his wife had dinner with a friend at their home on New Year's Eve. The friend stayed from about 8:30 p.m. until around 1 or 1:30 a.m. on New Year's Day. That night, Brian Walshe said his wife told him she had a work emergency and had to fly back to D.C. in the morning.

That morning, he said his wife got ready, kissed him goodbye and told him to go back to sleep before leaving. (So according to this he was awake what time was it?)
He told police he woke up around 7 a.m. and made breakfast for the couple's three boys, ages 2, 4, and 6, and left to run errands around 3 p.m. after a babysitter arrived at the house.

Confused yet?

ETA:
Dis he fall back asleep straight away and didn't see her leave?
AMO

Last edited:
Do we get the sense she did not want to be alone with him? Whose idea was the New Year's party, short on party? Was the former boss invited by Ana as a buffer? And it worked? Until he left....

Was Ana scrambling, trying to keep the peace, while trying to find a path out?

How many times have we seen this movie?

JMverysadO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members