MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow. That's very close

But is it too close? If the mother has had no contact with the family for a year, then her photos are at least a year old. Would she have grown more than that in a year?

The missing child's mother said her name is Maggie-Sophia Ortega. Father is an illegal, they are married so no custody order. He took her 3 years ago and until one year ago his family would send her pictures but nothing in a year. The police couldn't help her because they were married and no custody order.
The police have not told her it isn't her little girl and she is waiting for them to call her back after she sent the info.
Unreal. It sure looks like her.
If she was living with father with he and his family being illegals it could explain why she wasn't reported missing or that she died accidentally and being illegal they felt they couldn't call the authorities. JMO

I recall a report saying the little girl in the bag could be Hispanic.

The resemblance catches my breath.

JMO.

Tips pour in about girl found dead on Deer Island
Nancy Chen, reports, NBC 7NEWS, Jul 04, '15 10:58 pm edt
reports

[...]

"The important thing I think is the clothing articles and the blanket there because they're very unique and someone's going to remember this and this child wearing that particular clothing,"

State Police Superintendent Col. Timothy Alben said, and that

"A computer-generated image of the girl has been viewed more than 24 million times online."

[...]

"Tips have been pouring in" Nicole Oliverio, reports, who also spoke (this morning), with a Deer Island worker, whose colleague are placing a bench and tree, with funds they're raising because,

"She came to Deer Island for a reason and we want to try to honor her."

~ * ~

Criminologist on girl washed ashore on Deer Island: 'She was probably killed by a family member'
Bob Ward, FOX25, Jul 04, 15 1:47 pm edt,
speaks with Jack Levin, Northeastern University Criminologist, who makes the point,

"Chances are this was an intimate murder,"

[...]

"I think its a very interesting idea that this little girl had been cared for. There were at least mixed feelings on the part of the killer," he said. "There seems to be some kind of feeling for this little girl, and that also indicates, she was probably killed by a family member."

[...]

The printer who produced the life-like posters of the girl's photo, Johnson Reprographics of Boston, is refusing to take any money for the job. So many others are offering to pay to have the child buried.

[...]

"any information...

call Mass. State Police at (508)821-2121

...Winthrop Police at 617-539-5806."

adding missing link:

Image released of young girl found dead in bag on Deer Island
Jessica Reyes, FOX25,
July 4, '15, 11:11 am edt
reports from Deer Island this morning.
~

More screencaps from above broadcasts:

Screenshot 2015-07-04 at 11.11.19 PM.jpg Screenshot 2015-07-04 at 11.10.20 PM.jpg Screenshot 2015-07-04 at 11.10.11 PM.jpg Screenshot 2015-07-04 at 11.10.10 PM.jpg Deer Island little girl.jpg

I recall a report saying the little girl in the bag could be Hispanic.

The resemblance catches my breath.

JMO.

I hope this particular mother gets some answers soon. Enough people have contacted LE about her resemblance. She could be Hispanic or Caucasian.

"We believe she was somewhere around 4 years old, likely 3 and a half feet tall and about 30 pounds in weight. She had brown eyes, brown hair, light skin, most likely a Caucasian or a member of the Hispanic race,” Conley said."

http://www.wbur.org/2015/07/02/toddler-found-dead-deer-island

One thing that really stands out to me is her size. 30lbs and 3'6" would make her extremely tall and underweight. Not the adorable chubby cheeks in the composite, but gaunt and unwell looking. Out of curiousity I put the numbers into a World Health Organization app I have on my phone.

At age 3, those stats would place her in the 99th percentile for height and 44th percentile for weight.

At age 4, it's 82nd for height and 10th for weight.

At age 5, it's 28th for height and not on the chart for weight.

That's about the size my perfectly normal and healthy girl was at that age. We thought she was going to grow up to be six feet tall...but she stopped at 5'4".

I am really getting upset with investigators on this case. The mother of Maggie Sophia Ortega has contacted investigators and no one has called her back. She is just waiting. This little girl looks so much like the one found I can't understand them not following up on it quickly unless they have identified but not released the identity of the baby found on the beach.
The girl in the photo looks like Maggie-Sophia Ortega Brown
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153358901349376&set=p.10153358901349376&type=1

As the mother of a child who inherited her fathers height and slenderness it has not affected her having full round cheeks. She's healthy but always been >3 percentile for weight.

I am really getting upset with investigators on this case. The mother of Maggie Sophia Ortega has contacted investigators and no one has called her back. She is just waiting. This little girl looks so much like the one found I can't understand them not following up on it quickly unless they have identified but not released the identity of the baby found on the beach.
The girl in the photo looks like Maggie-Sophia Ortega Brown
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153358901349376&set=p.10153358901349376&type=1

I was thinking earlier reading this thread and online about the sheer number of improbable suggestions being made, so I can't even imagine how many are being made to investigators and how hard it must be to wade through to determine which are realistic etc.

A friend of mine who works part time in a state police office says they have over half a million tips. Many duplicates, but many not. They're working as fast as they can.

Hoping we have some news soon. I really hope it's not Maggie Sophia and her mama is reunited with her soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A friend of mine who works part time in a state police office says they have over half a million tips. Many duplicates, but many not. They're working as fast as they can.

Hope they have good algorithms, that sounds like a huge amount of work, thank you for the information carbuff, and hope you had a Happy 4th.

I'm still curious about the currents and weather the previous week just north of there and what's around there, looking at the screen caps up thread. Do you think there's any reason to be, as she doesn't seem to have moved very far, considering the conditions, plastic bag and all those jagged rocks around? Would be great to have locals, who knows about the area and what it would have been like about a week ago, pitch in.

I found a blanket similar to the one found with the little girl online. Even has the same stitching around the edges. If it is the same, it comes with a tote bag. If the blanket and the composite don't jog someone's memory, maybe seeing the tote would be enough to jolt someone's memory so that they would associate it with someone accompanying the child in the composite. The set is sold at Target.

http://www.target.com/p/giftable-tote-throw-blanket/-/A-16371894

The missing child's mother said her name is Maggie-Sophia Ortega. Father is an illegal, they are married so no custody order. He took her 3 years ago and until one year ago his family would send her pictures but nothing in a year. The police couldn't help her because they were married and no custody order.
The police have not told her it isn't her little girl and she is waiting for them to call her back after she sent the info.
Unreal. It sure looks like her.
If she was living with father with he and his family being illegals it could explain why she wasn't reported missing or that she died accidentally and being illegal they felt they couldn't call the authorities. JMO

when I go to that person`s FB link - there is nothing there except a photo of a shark & her profile photo of her with another fair-haired baby

and I can`t access the photo albums

where did she post this photo collage and why isn`t her missing daughter`s info all over her FB page - just seems very odd to me

also, google brings back no results on the child`s name

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...et=p.10153358901349376&type=1&hc_location=ufi

The mother above has not had info about her little girl in over a year. She was taken by the father and since no custody order was in place she was unable to get her back. The father's family gave her pics and info about the girl until about a year ago when everyone went silent. Check out the comparison. The mother has contacted the MA police but so far they haven't returned her call. photosView attachment 77610

Just catching up on the posts overnight and this took my breath away. It's her IMHO. Such a beautiful sweet face, ugh :(

Has anyone been able to confirm outside of facebook that that family is actually missing. Not saying they aren't but I live in NJ and nothing has been said or posted or anything except on Facebook.

I've been looking for MSM confirmation of this missing family. I've found nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member