MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That thought crossed my mind as well... I studied gypsy/Roma/nomad groups in college. They tend to distrust people outside of their group. She may have been part of one of those types of groups and had an accident, and the group didn't know what else to do with her. That's a reach, but it's something. There is a stigma that the Roma steal children, but there hasn't been a single case proven to be kidnapping, it's just vastly different coloring.

I was wondering about religious groups?
but I don't think her ears would be pierced if it was a cult type religious isolated type group. They tend to frown on things that draw attention to physical appearance-like piercing ears. JMO
Does any one know of groups like this in the area? Is there a Roma group known to be near Deer Island or the area?

I wonder if perhaps Baby Doe's family is in a cult or some sort of fringe group. Many advocate against registering the birth of your children and children are not allowed to socialize with anyone outside of the group to prevent them from hearing outside ideas. In a situation like that members of the cult would advocate against reporting the child missing or dead and anyone outside the cult who knew the child would be used to not being in touch with that branch of the family for long stretches of time.

I feel like this was a child who didn't know very many people and was probably killed by a family member and thus won't be reported missing.

I think it is likely she was in one such group but the ear piercing doesn't seem to fit with that if it is a religious group.
Does anyone know of groups in the area?

Hate to stereotype but the zebra blanket would not be common for a religious group.

Most also have burial traditions and would not leave a body like this

I was wondering about religious groups?
but I don't think her ears would be pierced if it was a cult type religious isolated type group. They tend to frown on things that draw attention to physical appearance-like piercing ears. JMO
Does any one know of groups like this in the area? Is there a Roma group known to be near Deer Island or the area?

Some religious groups definitely frown on things like that, plus she wasn't dressed conservatively to make me think religious group. Most Roma groups definitely don't mind the jewelry.

This is so sad :( My first thought is that someone doesn't realize a little girl they know is missing. My second thought is that the parent(s) are responsible.
A few other far fetched things crossed my mind as well, not probable, but maybe possible. 1) What if a child (girl) that was abducted years ago had a baby that was never registered via Vital statistics ... sort of like Jaycee Lee Dugard had those girls while in captivity, so it would be very hard to identify her. and 2) is that maybe it's possible the body was frozen and then thawed before being placed in the bag? That would put off time of death. I only read one case that this was done that I know of.

All just MOO and thoughts. I hope they identify her soon!
Wow, good thinking.

Hate to stereotype but the zebra blanket would not be common for a religious group.

Most also have burial traditions and would not leave a body like this

Very True. Did not think about those things. My mind goes all directions randomly with this. Makes no sense. Surely someone will come forward soon.

I 100% agree, audge86. I don't think many people realize just how tall 42 inches really is, or how slim 30 pounds would appear on that frame. I grabbed a tape measure after reading your post and was astonished to find that 42 inches from the floor falls just a few inches below my chest!

I posted the same thing a few days ago. It's been reported that she is 3 and a half feet tall. But the NamUs site says 37". Three and a half does not equal three feet six inches. Some sloppy reporting there. She's actually smaller and more proportionate that I originally thought.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14004

Some interesting info from the forensic artist who created the rendering.

[video=cnn;us/2015/07/09/baby-doe-girl-dead-trash-bag-boston.cnn]http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/09/us/massachusetts-dead-toddler-forensics/index.html[/video]

Do you think she could have been on the barge and fallen off in the water?

I admit it's probably a remote possibility but I'm brainstorming, as I think many of us here are doing.

I don't think she fell off a barge, because I find it doubtful someone would have her on a barge dead in the trash bag. I'm leaning toward being placed there, they have to know if the bag had been in the water or not, they are just not saying for some reason.

I also agree with other things people have said in this thread. I won't be surprised if this was a parent, probably mother or female caretaker who put her there after an accidental death. The hot car theory is an interesting one too. I guess we will have to see if anything comes back on the tox report. Back to who did this, I don't think it was a kidnapping or trafficking or anything like that. I think her death was an accident and the parent(s) was afraid of calling the police for some reason. Whether they are illegally here, thought they might have been blamed, couldn't afford a burial and didn't know what to do, or something else. Could be a single mom or a couple who is estranged from their extended family or just don't have any family to notice the child is missing. In a big city like Boston I am doubting most people would not notice a child who wasn't in school yet not being around any more. I live near lots of kids, and I'd never know if one of them was just gone. If the family was private and the kid didn't have school friends yet, whose parents might be more likely to notice her absence, it's quite plausible that no one other than who she lived with would realize she was missing.

at his 2 year appt, my son weighed 32 pounds and was 37 inches tall, but he is 98% for size. she is prob a healthy weight for her height and just more petite than your or my kid.

Hi,

I don't think any missing children ages 3-5 can be ruled out unless there are distinctive features which would preclude them from consideration. Baby Doe weighed 30 pounds according to the police release. April Bowdish weighed 28 pounds in 2012 when she was reported missing. April is 5 years old now and probably weighs closer to 50 - 60 pounds. Having said that, I still maintain that no missing child should be ruled out - April does have a birthmark on her buttock as well.

Does anybody else find a weight of 30 pounds for Baby Doe - suggested age 4 years old a tad bit on the 'light' side?

Edit: I just checked and normal weight range for age 4 would be from 27 to 50 pounds

i will join you with a hat frittata.

Agreed, there have been close to 60 million views of Baby Doe. We are now into the 16th day that Baby Doe was found and there has been lots of media attention.

Think I will eat crow soup if Baby Doe was reported missing.

Another reason migrant or illegal worker fits is the lack of childcare for most. So the kids either stay at home with older kids or come to work with the parents. Could be heat stroke or accidental hot car death if brought to work and left in the car.

I know these are assumptions and too fixated on one theory. But a lot of it fits.

i agree that there is a good chance that she was not murdered. But only time will tell.

BBM From the way her body has been described as having no obvious signs that point to her death, I think we can safely rule out hot car death. From descriptions I have read here on other similar cases (hot car deaths) there would be many outward signs if that had happened.

teh autopsy would determine that she was previously frozen.

This is so sad :( My first thought is that someone doesn't realize a little girl they know is missing. My second thought is that the parent(s) are responsible.
A few other far fetched things crossed my mind as well, not probable, but maybe possible. 1) What if a child (girl) that was abducted years ago had a baby that was never registered via Vital statistics ... sort of like Jaycee Lee Dugard had those girls while in captivity, so it would be very hard to identify her. and 2) is that maybe it's possible the body was frozen and then thawed before being placed in the bag? That would put off time of death. I only read one case that this was done that I know of.

All just MOO and thoughts. I hope they identify her soon!

I don't think she fell off a barge, because I find it doubtful someone would have her on a barge dead in the trash bag. I'm leaning toward being placed there, they have to know if the bag had been in the water or not, they are just not saying for some reason.

I also agree with other things people have said in this thread. I won't be surprised if this was a parent, probably mother or female caretaker who put her there after an accidental death. The hot car theory is an interesting one too. I guess we will have to see if anything comes back on the tox report. Back to who did this, I don't think it was a kidnapping or trafficking or anything like that. I think her death was an accident and the parent(s) was afraid of calling the police for some reason. Whether they are illegally here, thought they might have been blamed, couldn't afford a burial and didn't know what to do, or something else. Could be a single mom or a couple who is estranged from their extended family or just don't have any family to notice the child is missing. In a big city like Boston I am doubting most people would not notice a child who wasn't in school yet not being around any more. I live near lots of kids, and I'd never know if one of them was just gone. If the family was private and the kid didn't have school friends yet, whose parents might be more likely to notice her absence, it's quite plausible that no one other than who she lived with would realize she was missing.

My thinking, admittedly a remote possibility, is that she may have been tossed in a dumpster which was then collected and taken to a central processing point. I know some cities on the east coast then load their landfill refuse on barges where it is transported to landfills. I'm assuming those loads that are barged have to be pretty well secured, but I'm sure stuff must fall off every so often.

I haven't stopped digging yet and look what I dug out:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Philly-Police-Search-for-Missing-Man-and-Daughter-296663351.html

Philadelphia police are searching for a man they say disappeared with his 5-year-old daughter while taking her to school.

Police say 35-year-old Akram Freikha and his daughter Evelina were last seen leaving their home in the city's Grays Ferry section around 8 a.m. Monday.

562979_1280x720.jpg

They went missing March 16, 2015. Evelyn's height and weight match our Princess, her looks match too, IMO. What do you think, people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eppomoosha