Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference today;

http://www.wcvb.com/news/more-information-expected-on-child-found-dead-on-deer-island/33950600

View attachment 77492

What a beautiful child.
It's a forensic artist's rendering - almost like a photo.

This child was only partially in decomp. I hope someone local knows a family with a child recently noticed to not be around.

MOO

Chilling, Steleheart, thank you for the information on this beautiful little girl, you're right. I can't imagine her not already being missed by parents, family, and friends somewhere, though most schools would be out, if she was old enough to attend, maybe daycare? It was Memorial Day Weekend a couple of weeks ago, any missing little girls reported that would fit her description, from then? She couldn't have been in the water or currents at least, for long with the blanket (white and black - tiger stripes) still wrapped around her, still dressed in PJ (white with black - polka dots) bottoms. I don't know why I'm thinking RV's? It says the right weight for her height but does that seem small for a 4 yr old? Could it have been an accidental drowning not reported and left behind to be found? Haven't yet read through, so marking a spot here. Much appreciated.

Can anyone tell me about Deer island? Is it a typically busy place in summer? Is the current in the area strong? Could she have been dumped by boat?

Morbid but would cool water keep the body "fresher" or does water speed up decomp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's pretty popular with walkers and joggers, it also houses a large sewage treatment plant. The water is pretty cold, but warms up a little as the weather gets warmer but looking at the time frame of when she went missing that water would've been cold. I don't know much about currents but that whole area is popular with boaters and recreational fishermen.

[bbm]

they said she was also concealed in a plastic trash bag so that would've helped keep the blanket wrapped around her - idk if it has an effect on decomp.?

Chilling, Steleheart, thank you for the information on this beautiful little girl, you're right. I can't imagine her not already being missed by parents, family, and friends somewhere, though most schools would be out, if she was old enough to attend, maybe daycare? It was Memorial Day Weekend a couple of weeks ago, any missing little girls reported that would fit her description, from then? She couldn't have been in the water or currents at least, for long with the blanket (white and black - tiger stripes) still wrapped around her, still dressed in PJ (white with black - polka dots) bottoms. I don't know why I'm thinking RV's? It says the right weight for her height but does that seem small for a 4 yr old? Could it have been an accidental drowning not reported and left behind to be found? Haven't yet read through, so marking a spot here. Much appreciated.

bodies tend to bloat after being in the water. the decomp gases swell inside them. they get skin slip.

i dont think she has been dead very long.

they said they see now outward trauma. toxicology takes longer, maybe she was drugged?

My heart is breaking over this case, it made me want to grab on to my 5 year old niece and never let go!

My heart is absolutely breaking for this little girl. I'm not sure what is more tragic - that someone hurt this child or that in a short span there have already been so many missing kids offered as possible matches. Even if she is one of the ones mentioned, that's only one and leaves so many more "lost." And if she's not.... :'-( RIP little one.

Does anyone have the NCMEC Link noted on her poster. I searched Missingkids.com but didn't find it.

There is a huge difference in hair colour which rules out Cassidy for me. I'm assuming that coroners can tell if hair has been dyed.

It's so hard to make a judgment like that from just one photo. There could be a difference in lighting. Cassidy's hair could be sun-bleached from living in California. The Deer Island girl's bangs in the reconstruction look considerably lighter than the rest of her hair.

I hate to think this way but if a child were abducted & kept alive until recently, there are other cases that could be potential, like Lilly Baumann:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26225/67/

or Julieta Valladares:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28751/50/

I think Lilly is certainly a possibility and her height and weight would be similar for the length of time that she has been missing. Her hair is the type that, if grown out, would still have the body and slight wave that this angel has. She is also one of the few where I can't find mention of possible locations where she may have been taken. Can someone do a side by side?

e4d8b2e5fb269bf07da90df28e491884.jpg

Here you go. Look at the ears.

Attachments

• deer island child and Lilly Baumann.png
    deer island child and Lilly Baumann.png
    69.6 KB · Views: 448
Thanks! That's helpful. Similar face shape, but different shape to eyes, nose & ears.

My heart is absolutely breaking for this little girl. I'm not sure what is more tragic - that someone hurt this child or that in a short span there have already been so many missing kids offered as possible matches. Even if she is one of the ones mentioned, that's only one and leaves so many more "lost." And if she's not.... :'-( RIP little one.

Googling quickly proved there is no shortage of missing girls under 6. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is horrible. How can this type of thing even happen? Somebody knows this little girl and they need to speak up now.

I noticed the Port is close by, and a bridge too. I think she may have gone into the water from one of these two places and drifted out to Deer Island. If the water is really cold and slowed decomp it could be as long as a week or so.

The issue that I have with Brooklyn is that her hair appears to be fairly short from what I can tell. Her hair would not have grown that much in the past 2 1/2 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nocturnal1