MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that it is thought that Caleigh Harrison went into the ocean, but what if she didn't? Can someone do a side by side for her?
e39ed419c6584e7589138b3ad640fa96.jpg

053bd5b54eb05696e345e66a1e5e82d5.jpg

I'm a local and watched the press conference, it's a big story in the area and the media is doing a good job of keeping the story alive and getting the photo out there. It is not believed she was in the water long, so hopefully someone saw her in the area recently. Such a sad case, praying that this little girl gets her name back and whoever is responsible for this is brought to justice!

I am also a local. I think this touches a lot of people. I think specifically of the Deer Island workers who have offered to pay for her burial themselves, and the line "help speak for her, she cannot speak for herself anymore" which is just heartbreaking. I think the first instinct everyone had was Caleigh Harrison, butshe hasn't been in the water long because she still had her eyes. It is likely not someone who has been reported missing in MA or any other state. Mass is a unique state and my instinct is that it's a local parent who knew the area and how desolate it can be and and put her there. If she had washed ashore the sea creatures would have gotten to her and they wouldn't have been able to identify her eye color. Also it has been noted by other locals that at the treatment plant on Deer Island there are security cameras, but there aren't on the Deer Island beach. So maybe this person knew the area well enough to know they wouldn't be detected on camera. I would hope they are looking at any treatment plant employees who work or have worked on the island.

I'm a local, and I believe Caleigh Harrison has already been ruled out. She was only 2 and much smaller when she went missing, and had very short hair as depicted in the photos. Also, she would have been in the water much longer as she was washed out to sea and therefore much more decomp'd. It isn't her.

Inside the plastic bag, she would have been protected from most sea creatures.

I have thought about this little one every day since she's been found and now I have a face to place with my thoughts. I feel like the blanket connects what happened to someone that did care for her, definitely a parent or primary caregiver.

RIP sweet girl.

Gosh, this little one looks SO familiar. I almost never think that, but she really looks familiar. I'm going to have to hunt through threads I've viewed the last few months.

One thing that bothers me- why is it reported that she was in pjs? The leggings are regular day clothes. I wonder if it could be the shirt she was wearing causing the pjs conclusion? It doesn't matter, I suppose, just wondering.

I have thought about this little one every day since she's been found and now I have a face to place with my thoughts. I feel like the blanket connects what happened to someone that did care for her, definitely a parent or primary caregiver.

RIP sweet girl.

I'm just now following this story and it is unreal to me that she has not been identified. So many people would LOVE to have a precious angel like her and yet she was thrown away literally like trash. How could anyone do this? I'm on board that it has to be a parent otherwise she would be reported missing. I don't think it was a child that had been missing very long. I hope they keep the pressure up and story out there. Someone knows this little girl and her blanket and they need to come forward. I'm wondering if the face is too full and that perhaps given her weight that it was slimmer, less round than in the picture?

Oh, my heart. What a beautiful little girl. I would love to have a daughter of my own. Who could throw this beautiful baby out like trash? I ache for this child.
I hope she gets her name back soon. Someone knows who she is. This little one deserves justice.

I meant more like run her DNA to see if it's common with an adult in a police system or something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wondered that too, like a kinship DNA test? Are they legal to do in unidentified remains cases? I'm sure it would be very helpful. It's always so sad and confusing when such a young child is found and no one seems to be missing her! It opens up so many more questions. Was she not the only victim? Did no one know about her existence?
I have a few other questions I'm hoping someone might be able to help with. There is a description of pants and a blanket. Does that mean that's ALL that she had with her, no shirt, no shoes, no under clothes? Also wondering how a blanket stayed with her, or connected to her somehow if she was out in the water and washed up? It seems something such as a blanket would come loose and be lost, no? Was she just placed where she was found?
If she had been in the water, isn't rate of decomp quicker? If she did wash in from the ocean, how long is it likely she'd been in the water?
Also, a question for those who might better know or understand ocean behaviors such as currents and tides, which way or direction, if any can be eliminated or is very unlikely that she would have washed in from? For example, if she was put in the water in N.C. is it possible for her to wash up where she did?
Also, being so close to the waste water plant, is there any way or possibly she could have been brought there through sewer or drainage system, or would she not have been found outside the plant itself?
Let this baby girl be identified and buried with dignity, respect and her name!

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29464247/sketch-released-of-girl-found-on-deer-island?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum and I was unable to post her picture as I'm not technically savvy. Poor little pumpkin! She is the same age as my granddaughter and looks similar to her.

WINTHROP (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Officials have released an image of the girl found on Deer Island last week in hopes that someone would recognize who she is and call police.

The girl, who police estimate was around 4 years old at the time of her death, was found in a trash bag on the western shore of Deer Island in Winthrop last Thursday.

At a news conference Thursday, police released a sketch of her created by an artist as well as photos of the polka-dot leggings she was wearing when she was found and a fleece blanket found with her body.

Gosh, this little one looks SO familiar. I almost never think that, but she really looks familiar. I'm going to have to hunt through threads I've viewed the last few months.

One thing that bothers me- why is it reported that she was in pjs? The leggings are regular day clothes. I wonder if it could be the shirt she was wearing causing the pjs conclusion? It doesn't matter, I suppose, just wondering.

I wondered that too. I haven't read anything that's even mentioned a shirt of any kind at all. Only the Target brand leggings and zebra print blanket. Which btw, looks absolutely identical to the very inexpensive, like under $5 ones sold at Walmart this past fall/winter. (I'm sure lots of other places too. Just saying....)

Thanks Margarita for the help in posting the pictures.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29464247/sketch-released-of-girl-found-on-deer-island?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum and I was unable to post her picture as I'm not technically savvy. Poor little pumpkin! She is the same age as my granddaughter and looks similar to her.

WINTHROP (MyFoxBoston.com) -- Officials have released an image of the girl found on Deer Island last week in hopes that someone would recognize who she is and call police.

The girl, who police estimate was around 4 years old at the time of her death, was found in a trash bag on the western shore of Deer Island in Winthrop last Thursday.

At a news conference Thursday, police released a sketch of her created by an artist as well as photos of the polka-dot leggings she was wearing when she was found and a fleece blanket found with her body.

Also from the above link:

"Law enforcement officials asked the public to stay alert for any children who seem to have gone missing from their communities, neighborhoods, schools, or other areas, and to keep an eye out during Fourth of July celebrations and consider if any child expected to be there is not.

"She deserves dignity here and we are appealing to the public to please, if you recognize this young child, to get in touch with my office, Mass. State Police or the Winthrop Police. Any one of us will take information about this young girl." Suffolk County Assistant District Attorney Mark Lee said.

He went on to describe the leggings she was wearing and said they were made by Circo and may have been purchased at Target. He also talked about a fleece blanket she had that may be the brand Cannon, carried by KMart.

"This blanket may be special to this little girl, so again if you recognize that blanket or a child who was known to carry that blanket as something special to her, please also let us know," he said.

An autopsy is expected to be performed Friday.

Anyone who has any information about this girl, or a missing child, is asked to call Mass. State Police at (508)821-2121, or Winthrop Police at 617-539-5806.

"Please help us speak for this child who can no longer speak for herself," state police said in a statement."

How awful. I hope we find out who she is and who could do such a sick thing???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't realize there was a thread already, so I started one in Up to the Minute. I've asked the Mods to combine.

This little pumpkin reminds me so much of my granddaughter. Same age, size, hair, etc. It breaks my heart that someone could literally throw a child out like trash in a trash bag. It was no accident!

It was shared at least 10 times by friends on my facebook page, and I'm in NH. So, if everyone does this, hopefully she will be identified soon.

I just saw this on MSN UK when I turned the computer on and came straight here! This is soooo sad :( Poor baby!

I just saw this on MSN UK when I turned the computer on and came straight here! This is soooo sad :( Poor baby!

Yes, ski, this little one stays on one's mind. I guess wrapped in the blanket, still clothed, and in a plastic bag, could it be whoever placed her in the water, wanted the child to be found and maybe buried properly? They may have decided, based on their means and circumstances to follow what may have seemed like an easier path to take, just leaving her there, if she wasn't harmed and drowned by accident, for instance. Though inexpensive, somebody, as pointed out earlier on thread, who may have known the area enough to avoid security cameras, took some care with her corpse to preserve it and left her there, it seems to me, meant to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member