MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen it, but I'd be interested if you could find a link. A quick google search didn't help me out. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Googling the names brings up nothing. As seriously as I take MP cases I always fear a hoax. Should I delete that link?

I sure looks a lot like her. Hair is right color and length. Ears look same. Face is off a little.
1st picture is of artist picture of baby found. 2nd is off missing family (with 4 year old) from DEView attachment 77565

Now that I see them side by side they do look quite different. We can't even be sure the little girl is even really missing. If that family IS missing they need a thread here. Would it be out of TOS to call LE and verify a family is actually missing?

Googling the names brings up nothing. As seriously as I take MP cases I always fear a hoax. Should I delete that link?

I did some looking and I think they are real based on what I could find.

I vaguely recall a family of 3 missing from Florida after a crime was committed, but nothing from DE off the top of my head. http://www.newsnet5.com/news/state/missing-ohio-family-linked-to-florida-motel-slaying

However the girl is 7 and doesn't look similar.

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

That is assuming that the plastic bag is really well-sealed and hasn't snagged on rocks or anything, and not a vacuum sealed bag or really strong material. If it was a regular trash bag it would be pretty hard to keep water out in that environment.

The lips and the fringe of hair on her forehead are similar, chin even considering the expression of the smile, but I'm so bad at this, as my eye looks for the similarities.

Thank you, Kaliste, that's exactly it, the gray sweater too! You're great to find it.

I'm going to take pictures down. I did some more looking at it closer and the girl with missing family has green eyes not brown.

uploadfromtaptalk1435955426535.jpg Arabella Cadena was taken by her father August 20ish 2013, when she was 3. Shed be either 4 or 5 now depending on when her birthday is.

Who am I? I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind which encourages you to be who you choose to be as long as you are truthful to yourself. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that encourages you to reach higher. I am that tiny voice in the back of your mind that makes you understand that you are a survivor...that you are important...that you matter.

View attachment 77569 Arabella Cadena was taken by her father August 20ish 2013, when she was 3. Shed be either 4 or 5 now depending on when her birthday is.

I googled Arabella and found a wordpress site saying she had been recovered and was home safely? Is that correct?

I googled Arabella and found a wordpress site saying she had been recovered and was home safely? Is that correct?
I'm not sure because there are no other mentions of her being found, aside from that one site.

For those thinking this is a missing child from California or Delaware, I really think you have to think of the location as key to the case, like the Morgan Harrington case. This was someone who had to be local and very familiar with this area. This is a peninsula that one does not just pull over on 95 and find.

Here is some info on Deer Island. It has a pretty sordid past (King Philips War, TB hospitals and whatnot). Key information to keep in mind (from the NPS) is BBM:

The new Deer Island Waste Water Treatment Plant continues longstanding use of the island for sewage disposal facilities. The first was constructed on Deer Island in the late 1800s and expanded in the 1960s. In the 1990s, hundreds of engineers and thousands of construction workers brought into being the treatment plant that now serves Greater Boston. People around Boston are proud today of Deer Island as a symbol of natural resource protection and environmental stewardship.

Visitor Facilities & Services

Hours:

Park: Sunrise to Sunset

Piers/Docks:

Yes

Visitor season:

Year Round

Boat slips:

Visitor staff:

Yes

Moorings:

Guided tours:

By Appointment Only

Park boats:

N/A

Lifeguards:

No

Car access:

Yes

Flush toilets:

No

Campsites:

Composting toilets:

Yes

Group campsites:

Picnic areas:

Yes

Camping capacity:

Refreshments:

No

Cooking grills:

Drinking water:

No

Walking trails:

Yes

On-island Circulation: There is a 2½ mile recreation path around the perimeter of the island; service roads are throughout treatment plant, but with restricted public access.
Visitor Cautions: The island is primarily an industrial site and reservations must be made to tour the treatment plan. Open flames are restricted in some areas of perimeter path. Rising tides may trap the unwary visitor who leaves the pathway and enters the intertidal area at low tide at low tide.

HOW TO GET TO DEER ISLAND

Deer Island, which connects to the town of Winthrop, Masschusetts, is accessible by car and public transportation.

By Car (updated 07/08/14):

For GPS, the address to use is 190 Tafts Avenue, Winthrop, MA 02152.
From Boston, the Callahan or the Ted Williams Tunnel, follow Route 1A North, McClellan Highway, until first traffic light.
Take right on Boardman Street to rotary, go half way around and continue on Saratoga Street
After passing “Entering Winthrop” sign take first right onto Pleasant Street (Route 145)
Discontinue following Route 145.
At “Stop” sign take a right on Shirley Street
Follow Shirley Street to Elliot Street take a right and follow Elliot Street around to the left.
Take a right on to Tafts Avenue and follow to the end. (Please note the speed limit is 20 MPH)
Check in at Security Gate.

800px-2008_DeerIsland_BostonHarbor_DocSearls_2452880753.jpgDeer-Island-south-end-Boston-Harbor-Massachusetts_10.gif800px-2008_DeerIsland_BostonHarbor_DocSearls_2452880753.jpg2010deerislandaccess-640.jpg

I'm of the opinion that she was put into the water somewhere else and drifted in the ocean to where she was found. I don't think it's really possible to tell if she was local or not because if she was just put into the ocean, there's a lot of places in the area that are accessible where she could've entered the water and are not so far off the beaten path that you would need to be a local to find them.

I just saw an article on this with the artist's rendering and came here to be updated on the case.

My first thought is that a parent is responsible, and the parent is someone who recently gained custody after someone else had the child. Perhaps a grandparent raised the girl up until recently while the mom was unable, and recently the mom reclaimed custody. I think this because the grandparents might not be "missing" the child yet and are assuming the girl is safe with mother. Maybe the mom really wasn't ready to regain custody and/or had a boyfriend who was unsafe. Of course this is SPECULATION and I guess it's wishful thinking in light of the child not being reported missing or claimed yet.

I'm also hopeful this case will be solved quickly. She has captured many hearts and will get attention, imo.

JMO, speculation at this point, willing to change my mind.

I'm not sure what the heck happened but I can't get her out of my head. I'm truly hoping she gets her name back this weekend.

They've now posted a CG image of this child She's a dead-ringer for missing child Ailaiyah Lunsford from Bendale WV MISSING missing since fall 2011. However if it was her she hasn't grown hardly at all. I do see that it has been noted by the missing child's mother and law enforecments

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/07/03/state-police-get-23m-tips-on-girl-found-dead-at-deer-island/

I am from Winthrop, MA and will add a few tidbits. It is a typical is isolated Midwest town in greater Boston, because there are only two ways in or out it really isolated which in my opinion is a good thing. Originally it was a summer retreat, families would spend the summer there, and the men would come on the weekends after the work week. My family started summering there in the early 1900's, my Grandparents had thirteen children. Today most of my siblings and cousins still live there, the same is true for many other families. Everyone knows everyone, which is why I moved lol. The little girl most likely is not a Winthropite, because she would definitely be missed. A few years ago my husband was swimming, and all these kids at the shore started screaming to Uncle Rich, must have been twenty of them. It freaked him out, he didn't realize what a real small town it was, five minutes from Boston. I can't understand how no one is missing this little girl, how strange it is.

I haven't read through all the posts so apologies if this has been mentioned already, but I did notice a couple of people said she looked really familiar and I thought the same thing! My immediate thought was that she reminded me of Haleigh Cummings (FL).

I also agree she looks a lot like Aliayah Lunsford as well. Another one she looks like is Talisha Marie Yellowfox-Brown! Talisha is 8 but the similarities in facial features are really startling.

I hope this little girl is identified soon!

They've now posted a CG image of this child She's a dead-ringer for missing child Ailaiyah Lunsford from Bendale WV MISSING missing since fall 2011. However if it was her she hasn't grown hardly at all. I do see that it has been noted by the missing child's mother and law enforecments

do you have link for new picture

The State Police have tweeted that they are confident it is not Aliayah Lunsford.

I haven't read through all the posts so apologies if this has been mentioned already, but I did notice a couple of people said she looked really familiar and I thought the same thing! My immediate thought was that she reminded me of Haleigh Cummings (FL).

I also agree she looks a lot like Aliayah Lunsford as well. Another one she looks like is Talisha Marie Yellowfox-Brown! Talisha is 8 but the similarities in facial features are really startling.

I hope this little girl is identified soon!

I think her familiarity comes from her pretty neutral look. Most children under about 5 have those chubby cheeks, a button nose and fuller lips. Personally I think she looks like my own daughter, swap out the hair color and they could be twins. She looks like she could be half of the kids in my older child's preschool or gymnastics class. Maybe that's why I'm so pulled in by this sweet girl? I feel I've seen her in the faces of so many children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member