MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered that too. I haven't read anything that's even mentioned a shirt of any kind at all. Only the Target brand leggings and zebra print blanket. Which btw, looks absolutely identical to the very inexpensive, like under $5 ones sold at Walmart this past fall/winter. (I'm sure lots of other places too. Just saying....)

I thought the leggings were day clothes but it's been so long since I had little ones I wasn't sure. I've also wondered if she had a top on. Is there anyone we can ask?

If she was found with JUST the leggings and blanket (no top or underpants) then I suspect a molester. Little girls panties have patterns (cartoon characters, flowers etc) and these could help with identification since none were mentioned I suspect she had none which indicates a haphazardly dressed little girl. UGH makes me ill.

How old would Lisa Irwin be now?

Wonder if it's a child that has been abducted a while ago and so the people she was with at the time of her death couldn't report it as it would throw up an investigation? Just a thought.

4 years old.........from Missouri. If they were able to do a sketch (all features), IMO this was recent.

The girl, investigators said, showed no obvious signs of trauma, and was wearing leggings and was wrapped in a blanket.

A woman walking her dog on the island discovered the body on June 25. It appears the girl's body had been there for a short period of time, Suffolk County District Attorney Daniel Conley said.

Investigators released a sketch of what they believe the child looked like Thursday.

"She is a beautiful young child who deserves dignity," Conley said.

Investigators said she was about 4 years old with brown eyes and brown hair that was about 14 inches long. They said the girl was about 3 1/2 feet tall and weighed just over 30 pounds, which was normal for her height.

She was most likely Caucasian or Hispanic, Conley said.

http://www.wcvb.com/news/more-information-expected-on-child-found-dead-on-deer-island/33950600

4 years old.........from Missouri. If they were able to do a sketch (all features), IMO this was recent.

Not that I'm saying it is Lisa Irwin, but it could be. Hidden for 3.5 years and something happened and her body was disposed of? Again just a thought

Wonder if they've got any leads? This is just so heartbreaking. I just can't stop checking back in here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about this little girl so much.

My thoughts are that the person who dumped her is either a parent or someone who knows her very well. Because who would NOT have reported that beautiful little girl missing if it was a stranger?

I can think of a few reasons to try to "hide":

1. She died because of abuse and/or was murdered. (worst case scenario) Either by her parent(s) or a relative who accidentally (parents?) or not accidentally (relative/caretaker/molester?) killed her and they are trying to cover their crime.

2. She died accidentally not related to any abuse (drowned, poisoning, etc) and whomever it was panicked. There could be reasons they're afraid of law enforcement (maybe undocumented? maybe already wanted for something else?) and they're too terrified to add that stress on top of the devastation of losing their child.

I can't think of any other scenario. The aged kidnap victim seems unlikely. If she's possibly hispanic and they cannot determine foul play or find a reason that jives with an accident I'm thinking it might be #2.

In either case she deserves identification and a proper resting place!

Rumor alert: Has anyone heard about a recently missing family (mother, father and daughter) out of DE? I'm seeing pictures of a supposedly missing family on FB in comments on articles of this story and on other sites. I can not find a single news article or official poster about this missing family though. Just the same picture and story. The daughter does bear a very striking resemblance to the rendering though.

Anyone see something similar?

I can't handle any more dead kids.

I know .I saw it on the news early this morning but didn't come to ws :( It's very discouraging how disposable children are today.

I hate to think this way but if a child were abducted & kept alive until recently, there are other cases that could be potential, like Lilly Baumann:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26225/67/

or Julieta Valladares:

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28751/50/

This is what I was wondering. Another option might be parents on a vacation and left her with a sitter/ family etc and they don't KNOW she's missing yet. Hopefully they can determine roughly how long she's been in water and that may help :(

Rumor alert: Has anyone heard about a recently missing family (mother, father and daughter) out of DE? I'm seeing pictures of a supposedly missing family on FB in comments on articles of this story and on other sites. I can not find a single news article or official poster about this missing family though. Just the same picture and story. The daughter does bear a very striking resemblance to the rendering though.

Anyone see something similar?

I'm going to check this out. Do you have a link to the news story?

Kaliste, I vaguely recall something like that, dad with a beard arm around his wife and kids... on one of the missing sites from about one or two weeks ago? Please let me know, please, if you have a link to it, as I'm sure I'm mixing things up.

I haven't seen it, but I'd be interested if you could find a link. A quick google search didn't help me out. Thanks!

I'm going to check this out. Do you have a link to the news story?

No news story. After some digging, as far as I can tell at least, a woman posted the pic with the sorry on her personal FB page just saying to call police if they are seen. She said she has contacted media but no one picked up the story. The picture has been shared. I'm going to see if I can find a news station comment that won't break TOS.

Kaliste, I vaguely recall something like that, dad with a beard arm around his wife and kids... on one of the missing sites from about one or two weeks ago? Please let me know, please, if you have a link to it, as I'm sure I'm mixing things up.

Yes! Let me see what I can find! Hold please :)

Wow... it really does look like her. Thanks for digging that up!

Ok try here:
https://m.facebook.com/7NEWS/photos/pb.46649543331.-2207520000.1435945483./10153994450873332/?type=1

Comment is by K.M.

Please let me know if this violates a rule, I will happily delete! Like I said I am unable to find anything other than FB shares about this missing family. The little girl looks very close to the rendering and is the right age, and hair length. Eye color may be off though.

I think the eye color is off, plus she has pierced ears. Similar look, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabella2320