GUILTY MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ugh agree, its like "we screwed the case so lets add some other arbitrary instructions that will get us what we didn't prove or work for" <modsnip> is that?

Thanks for all the updating!

Somebody help me understand how they can change the charge and add joint whatevermajiggy. Can the pros. seriously do this?? add and make it work for them for a conviction? There clearly is not enough evidence for a conviction. And I'm not talking we've watched to many crime shows and theres no DNA so he must be innocent type thing...there is NO evidence!

Many cases I get upset that the Law protects the defendant more than it should, this has been the complete opposite.

I'd also like to add that some threads I have been on get tense and turns to a bad vibe.
You all have been wonderful over the past 2 years. Really a great group!

The instruction given was NOT a joint venture instruction. The judge only said that the jury does not need to find that MM was the sole perpetrator in order to find him guilty. Shapiro was so angry at this he argued that the judge might as well have instructed on joint venture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck on your surgery.

Thanks! I am more worried about this case than my surgery/recent diagnosis. This trial has been a welcome distraction, although a lot different than most I have followed here. Just wish RB was the one on trial right now!

I think this is grounds for appeal

My immediate answer is yes, she'll be read her rights within a minute of a non guilty verdict... but then boy oh boy I stop and think CW really seems to think MM was the murderer. I just don't see it.
I really, really, really think there are some heavy politics going on behind the scenes and gross neglect on the investigation.
But I have faith the jury is going to get his one right.
How about you, what do you think?

I think the jury will get this right and acquit (I hope). But that will not mean RB gets taken in and charged. The text of the plea deal says it does not turn on whether the verdict is guilty or not guilty as long as it is a verdict (not a mistrial). After the verdict, provided the CW thinks RB complied with the terms (providing truthful and complete testimony) they will move for sentencing and make the recommendation of the agreed-upon sentence, which the judge probably will (but is not required to) adopt. If it is a mistrial or hung jury nothing changes: the agreement remains in place and RB remains in custody, presumably pending retrial.

I think the jury will get this right and acquit (I hope). But that will not mean RB gets taken in and charged. The text of the plea deal says it does not turn on whether the verdict is guilty or not guilty as long as it is a verdict (not a mistrial). After the verdict, provided the CW thinks RB complied with the terms (providing truthful and complete testimony) they will move for sentencing and make the recommendation of the agreed-upon sentence, which the judge probably will (but is not required to) adopt. If it is a mistrial or hung jury nothing changes: the agreement remains in place and RB remains in custody, presumably pending retrial.

I agree with Shapiro I'm disgusted with this. If RB hurts/kills another child blood is on CWs and Sanders hands. I can guarantee she will be back in the court for something. It's her lifestyle with that long criminal history.

I can't help but feel this won't go the way we think it should. I'm sorry I know I'm being a negative nelly. I didn't watch today or really any of yesterday. I'm hoping to catch up tomorrow.
If MM walks free I hope he speaks to media.

Lawyer blasts judge as jurors given Bella Bond case

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo..._blasts_judge_as_jurors_given_bella_bond_case

Note...
The jury of eight women and four men, whose panel includes a defense attorney,

From the article BUF posted above.........

Shapiro reminded jurors of a tape they heard of McCarthy instructing Bella to chase away the monsters in her nightmares with &#8220;love.&#8221;

&#8220;In the end,&#8221; Shapiro said, &#8220;the monster came for that little girl. And it was her mother.&#8221;

Wow!!! Great ending!!!

Dogface, good luck on your surgery!!!

Dear Jury, There's PLENTY to doubt, you know that. Just don't believe a word RB had to say , then you'll have your verdict.

Bella, your own mother failed you and got away from punishment all her life. I'm so sorry baby girl, REST IN PEACE:rose::rose:

To the judge, how do you sleep?:tantrum:

&#8220;In the end,&#8221; Shapiro said, &#8220;the monster came for that little girl. And it was her mother.&#8221;

Assuming the jury is made up of people of reasonable intelligence, I absolutely do not see how they could come back with a verdict of "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt". I just can't see it. I'm holding onto faith in this jury.

I was so happy that the tweets were being copied and pasted! I hate only having the links. I can click on 500 links to read what was said. Is there a reason we have to do that now? I posted tweets for beverly carter's trial and I was able to copy and paste the info so people could see it.

I can't even talk about this case right now. I can't. No good way for it to end. A child was murdered by a woman who feels.no guilt over harming children. And she is treated like a golden child victim. I just can't.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

CW throwing the spanner in the works at the end proves they themselves know RB lied imo
Am I right in thinking LE only questioned RB for 45 mins before they offered the deal, without any investigation into what she claimed?

Don't remember if this was posted yet - received in my Google Alert this morning and thought I'd share!

Lawyer blasts judge as jurors given Bella Bond case
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/lo..._blasts_judge_as_jurors_given_bella_bond_case

of course, it has Shapiro's famous words....

"I'm beside myself, you've just screwed up my whole case!"

and a bit more...

Shapiro accused Sanders of "buckling under" to prosecutors when just minutes before she sent the jury out to decide McCarthy's fate, she told them the state didn't have to exclude the possibility that one or more other persons were involved in killing Bella. They only have to prove McCarthy had a hand in the crime, as well.
[.....]
It has been his defense that his girlfriend, Bella's mother Rachelle Bond, 41, killed her daughter in the spring of 2015 and blamed him when state police closed in on the heroin-addicted Dorchester couple.

More in article!

An hour and forty-five minutes until the jurors start again....

:waiting:

I was so happy that the tweets were being copied and pasted! I hate only having the links. I can click on 500 links to read what was said. Is there a reason we have to do that now? I posted tweets for beverly carter's trial and I was able to copy and paste the info so people could see it.

I can't even talk about this case right now. I can't. No good way for it to end. A child was murdered by a woman who feels.no guilt over harming children. And she is treated like a golden child victim. I just can't.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

You can still copy and paste the tweets. Due to copyright laws a link to the source of the tweet has to be included. You copy and paste the information you want people to see and at the end of the post you include the link or links to the sources.

When a tweet is embedded, making it look like a screenshot of the tweet, the link to the source is automatically embedded in the copied tweet.

The instruction given was NOT a joint venture instruction. The judge only said that the jury does not need to find that MM was the sole perpetrator in order to find him guilty. Shapiro was so angry at this he argued that the judge might as well have instructed on joint venture.

IMO it is unfair. Throughout the whole trial the prosecution theory has been that MM acted alone, that RB was a good loving mother and that she was terrorized/controlled by MM. They give RB a plea deal which in essence conveys they believe her story that MM acted alone. She gets to reap the benefits of the plea deal if there is a verdict. Now at the eleventh hour the judge allows the jury to consider that RB and MM may have done it together. I can see why Shapiro was furious about it. His whole premise has been that RB was not reliable and was the culprit. If the jury believes his theory they get to lump his client into it.

Good morning!

Hoping for a verdict today!

ETA: Is the Judge and jury going to come into the courtroom before beginning deliberations today or did I miss it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54