MA - Bella Bond, 2, found dead, Deer Island, Boston Harbor, June 2015 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think it makes any sense at all that it is Emili, but anything is possible at this point.

I just don't get how other girls got ruled out so fast by DNA (thinking of Baby Kate mostly) but then this one is taking so long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I just don't get how other girls got ruled out so fast by DNA (thinking of Baby Kate mostly) but then this one is taking so long.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!

Why is it taking so long with Emili? Maybe she is Emili and they want to close in on the perp before announcing publicly that it's Emili?? Being out of the country would make sense with Emili too since she's foreign. Noticing deer island from in an airplane is maybe the only reason she was left there??

These photos have been circulated through numerous media outlets but I've never seen them this large. The blanket she was found with. Looks dirty in many places. This makes me think this is the original state. The leggings could not have been the original. They are too white. Either those are a new pair they obtained or they were photoshopped to look more eh, presentable. JMO.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2422-3c0af6e36879cad26f0568f49d30cc6e.jpg
    2422-3c0af6e36879cad26f0568f49d30cc6e.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 283
  • 2420-41a9aaf4fb5932cfaf0928f61689632e.jpg
    2420-41a9aaf4fb5932cfaf0928f61689632e.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 282
N
These photos have been circulated through numerous media outlets but I've never seen them this large. The blanket she was found with. Looks dirty in many places. This makes me think this is the original state. The leggings could not have been the original. They are too white. Either those are a new pair they obtained or they were photoshopped to look more eh, presentable. JMO.
attachment.php
attachment.php
You're right Web.When the blanket is enlarged,it's filthy! Hard to believe that blanket wouldn't be full of evidence!:laughing:

Patiently waiting:pullhair: Tomorrow should be the day... 15th. Will either rule her out, or give our girl peace...

Wondering if the reason the child was placed in a garbage bag is because it was the only " carrying case" available at the time?
Perhaps the perp was at a campsite, or a laundry mat , where carrying a garbage bag would not seem out of place, or noticed and remembered by others.
The ( usually) dark coloured trash bags, tend to blend into the environment and be less likely to attract attention than say, a suitcase.
imo, speculation.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Unless it's a car blanket ..

Have one in the back of my car , for the dog ...

I keep it in the boot,

I spent a few hours yesterday re-reading and noting many news stories with updates on the case over the past 30 days, I thought I'd post a comprehensive list of reported facts here that may be useful as reference. A few may be a bit contradictory but the sources are listed as well for reference.
-------------
BABY DOE,
Found Thursday, 6/25/2015, on Deer Island, Winthrop, Boston. Approx 4 years old (3-5 years old). (1)
Brown eyes, long brown hair, pierced ears (1) hair 14" long (5). Hair brown, wavy, 14" long (11).
3'6" tall, approx. 30 lbs (1) 37" tall (7)
With fleece zebra striped blanket, white leggings with black polka dots (1). Lying "next to" zebra blanket (as apposed to wrapped in) (4) red elastic hair band (with photo) (7). Size 4T leggings CIRCO made by Target and blanket made by Cannon sold at Kmart (5). Photos of blanket and leggings used in media were digitally enhanced (11).
Found in an industrial trash bag along beach. (1)
Found by woman walking dog on western shore (3). At the end of Taft street, Winthrop, MA Suffolk Co (7).
Police now believe she was placed on shoreline or in water but washed up/not in water long at all and did not travel long distance (3). Pollen suggests child placed on shoreline (4) placed on beach rather than washed up after drift (9).
------------
BODY CONDITION:

Teeth - disgusting normal (no cavities/fillings/sealants) (1) dental charting complete (7)
No marks on body, no signs on trauma/abuse, well cared for (2). No signs of abuse, well clothed, well fed, well nourished, all suggested she was cared for (3). No birthmarks or scars on body (11).
No fingerprints on child (7) fingerprints missing from tidal damage exposure while on shoreline (8).
Early stages of decomposition (9)
Not a girl with a bunch of broken bones, not emaciated, not malnourished, not someone who doesn't care about her (9) signs this child was cared for until death (5).
------------------
TESTING/ANALYSIS:

AUTOPSY- No evidence of trauma, inconclusive, no toxins found. Unsure if homicide but not ruling it out. Insufficient evidence to ID cause/manner of death (3). Preliminary autopsy completed on 7/6/15 (3). No toxins found in child's blood (8).

POLLEN TESTING- found on garbage bag, hair, and clothing of child determined child spent time in the Boston area. No evidence of pollen from other areas of the country. Believed child lived, at least recently, in Boston area, bc of minimal amount of decomposition of remains, she had not came from far. Believed she was alive weekend prior to being found (June 20-22 alive) (3). Pollen tests suggest child placed along shoreline (4). Trash bag shows she spent significant amount time in greater Boston area prior to death (6). 39'different types of pollen found including pine, privet hedge, oak, cedar of Lebanon. Cedar of Lebanon and privet hedges not native but planted in suburbs of Boston. Soot on bag/clothing was urban Boston (8). Chief arborist agreed with findings of pollen study (9).

Preliminary ISOTOPE-testing on hair/teeth to determine drinking water she had been exposed to shows she spent time in any no of several NE states AS WELL AS other areas the U.S. Still further testing to determine if she has spent time in other countries (1). A single tooth and 200 strands of hair to test oxygen and hydrogen isotopes historical record for drinking water sent. Strontium isotopes will also test what she ate and her bath water (2) residual isotopes (oxygen) from hairs and teeth test known levels from drinking water, preliminary results show New England AND other areas across the U.S. , requires further study (5). Tooth analyzed was tooth from young childhood (years leading up to death), and isotopes show time in NE AS WELL AS other locations across U.S. (6). Shows girl may have moved around the country, lived a transient lifestyle (10),

Her teeth were "disgustingly normal" (no chips/fillings/dental coatings) that make them stand out. (1) teeth were too non descript.. (8).

No DNA match to any reported missing child's DNA on file in the U.S. Mitochondrial DNA is next - possibly may match an adult family member (1). DNA results did not reveal cause of death (3). Once mitochondrial DNA is complete, it can be used to match to family members in national databases like CODIS. Matching family is a starting point (5). Advanced DNA testing is being done, will take several more months. (6).
-------------
Believed she died in the Boston area and spent time in Boston area prior to death (1)

THEORIES: a) stranger left her on beach, family hasn't reported her missing, b) family left on beach, not reported missing, c) family met foul play as well. (2). Believe no one recognize her bc of moves, isolation, under the radar (2). Likely never reported missing, possible family member / caretaker doesn't know she's missing (3). No tips from family support theory that family is involved (11). May be undocumented family (11).
---------------
SOURCES:
(1). Abcnews.go.com, (2) Bostonglobe.com 8/8/15, (3) cbsnews.com 8/12/15, (4) cnn.com 8/12/15, (5) WCVB.com 9/12/15, (6) Boston.cbslocal.com 9/1/15, (7) nameUS.org,(8) washingtonpost.com, (9) no news.com 8/7/15, (10) new series.com, (11) Wikipedia.com.
-------------
Other considerations:
Baby Hope- found dead, emaciated, sexually abused, in cooler under tree by parkway in Manhattan in 1996. Cold case 22 years until woman came forward said stranger told story of sister dying at hands of family member. Baby hope was an undocumented family, left by family by parkway bc family feared persecution and deportation.

Police have distributed flyers to local area schools hoping children will recognize her (10s of thousands of children) (6).

Track case on nameUS - ID: 2015-7939
Ruled out: Ayla Reynolds, Paula Ramirez-Figuroa, Aliya Lunsford, Cassidy Gibbs, shoshana black, Ben-Haim Ofir.

Possible sighting: eagle hill laundry- at east Boston worker says seen mom, heavyset, light complected, dirty blonde hair, about 5'8" maybe shorter, pushed stroller in ANOTHER laundry. Not seen since November 2014. (6)

Outsiders would not know deer island too well (9)

Currently 84 billboards display baby does info in NE 50 locations (9).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for that. It definitely brings back things that sometimes gets lost while we all pick at our brains. You are wonderful!

attachment.php
attachment.php

The artist cleaned them up which makes me thing the blanket was less soiled and needed less work. So,, not gonna say more about that. From what I read they are the originals just enhanced.

I spent a few hours yesterday re-reading and noting many news stories with updates on the case over the past 30 days, I thought I'd post a comprehensive list of reported facts here that may be useful as reference. A few may be a bit contradictory but the sources are listed as well for reference.
-------------
BABY DOE,
Found Thursday, 6/25/2015, on Deer Island, Winthrop, Boston. Approx 4 years old (3-5 years old). (1)
Brown eyes, long brown hair, pierced ears (1) hair 14" long (5). Hair brown, wavy, 14" long (11).
With fleece zebra striped blanket, white leggings with black polka dots (1). Lying "next to" zebra blanket (as apposed to wrapped in) (4) red elastic hair band (with photo) (7). Size 4T leggings CIRCO made by Target and blanket made by Cannon sold at Kmart (5). Photos of blanket and leggings used in media were digitally enhanced (11).
Found by woman walking dog on western shore (3). At the end of Taft street, Winthrop, MA Suffolk Co (7).
Police now believe she was placed on shoreline or in water but washed up/not in water long at all and did not travel long distance (3). Pollen suggests child placed on shoreline (4) placed on beach rather than washed up after drift (9).
------------
BODY CONDITION:

Teeth - disgusting normal (no cavities/fillings/sealants) (1) dental charting complete (7)
No marks on body, no signs on trauma/abuse, well cared for (2). No signs of abuse, well clothed, well fed, well nourished, all suggested she was cared for (3). No birthmarks or scars on body (11).
No fingerprints on child (7) fingerprints missing from tidal damage exposure while on shoreline (8).
Not a girl with a bunch of broken bones, not emaciated, not malnourished, not someone who doesn't care about her (9) signs this child was cared for until death (5).
------------------
TESTING/ANALYSIS:

AUTOPSY- No evidence of trauma, inconclusive, no toxins found. Unsure if homicide but not ruling it out. Insufficient evidence to ID cause/manner of death (3). Preliminary autopsy completed on 7/6/15 (3). No toxins found in child's blood (8).

POLLEN TESTING- found on garbage bag, hair, and clothing of child determined child spent time in the Boston area. No evidence of pollen from other areas of the country. Believed child lived, at least recently, in Boston area, bc of minimal amount of decomposition of remains, she had not came from far. Believed she was alive weekend prior to being found (June 20-22 alive) (3). Pollen tests suggest child placed along shoreline (4). Trash bag shows she spent significant amount time in greater Boston area prior to death (6). 39'different types of pollen found including pine, privet hedge, oak, cedar of Lebanon. Cedar of Lebanon and privet hedges not native but planted in suburbs of Boston. Soot on bag/clothing was urban Boston (8). Chief arborist agreed with findings of pollen study (9).

Preliminary ISOTOPE-testing on hair/teeth to determine drinking water she had been exposed to shows she spent time in any no of several NE states AS WELL AS other areas the U.S. Still further testing to determine if she has spent time in other countries (1). A single tooth and 200 strands of hair to test oxygen and hydrogen isotopes historical record for drinking water sent. Strontium isotopes will also test what she ate and her bath water (2) residual isotopes (oxygen) from hairs and teeth test known levels from drinking water, preliminary results show New England AND other areas across the U.S. , requires further study (5). Tooth analyzed was tooth from young childhood (years leading up to death), and isotopes show time in NE AS WELL AS other locations across U.S. (6). Shows girl may have moved around the country, lived a transient lifestyle (10),

Her teeth were "disgustingly normal" (no chips/fillings/dental coatings) that make them stand out. (1) teeth were too non descript.. (8).

No DNA match to any reported missing child's DNA on file in the U.S. Mitochondrial DNA is next - possibly may match an adult family member (1). DNA results did not reveal cause of death (3). Once mitochondrial DNA is complete, it can be used to match to family members in national databases like CODIS. Matching family is a starting point (5). Advanced DNA testing is being done, will take several more months. (6).
-------------
Believed she died in the Boston area and spent time in Boston area prior to death (1)

THEORIES: a) stranger left her on beach, family hasn't reported her missing, b) family left on beach, not reported missing, c) family met foul play as well. (2). Believe no one recognize her bc of moves, isolation, under the radar (2). Likely never reported missing, possible family member / caretaker doesn't know she's missing (3). No tips from family support theory that family is involved (11). May be undocumented family (11).
---------------
SOURCES:
(1). Abcnews.go.com, (2) Bostonglobe.com 8/8/15, (3) cbsnews.com 8/12/15, (4) cnn.com 8/12/15, (5) WCVB.com 9/12/15, (6) Boston.cbslocal.com 9/1/15, (7) nameUS.org,(8) washingtonpost.com, (9) no news.com 8/7/15, (10) new series.com, (11) Wikipedia.com.
-------------
Other considerations:
Baby Hope- found dead, emaciated, sexually abused, in cooler under tree by parkway in Manhattan in 1996. Cold case 22 years until woman came forward said stranger told story of sister dying at hands of family member. Baby hope was an undocumented family, left by family by parkway bc family feared persecution and deportation.

Police have distributed flyers to local area schools hoping children will recognize her (10s of thousands of children) (6).

Ruled out: Ayla Reynolds, Paula Ramirez-Figuroa, Aliya Lunsford, Cassidy Gibbs, shoshana black, Ben-Haim Ofir.

Possible sighting: eagle hill laundry- at east Boston worker says seen mom, heavyset, light complected, dirty blonde hair, about 5'8" maybe shorter, pushed stroller in ANOTHER laundry. Not seen since November 2014. (6)

Well done! Thanks for the summary

Are Deer Island and Castle Island popular fishing locations? We live in a popular fishing area and fishermen bring their big coolers on wheeled fishing carts all the time. I wonder if something like that might have been used. No one would have suspected a thing.

Not so much Deer Island. The big complaint is that it is not gated and is a party spot. Ya, I get jealous of those cooler guys, LOL. But the cooler idea is good one. With Jeremiah Oliver, he was in a suitcase tossed of the highway, but I can imagine that Mom cooperated with the boy friend, to be safe or whatever, and maybe Mom tucked her in before throwing her off the pier.

Which brings me back to not being able to declare a COD. It was only a couple days. Yes there was bloating. Water. But I just can't find out if time, water and etc., can obliterate evidence of death to that degree in a short time.
And we know who we miss here, LOL

MOO

What's a boot?

I might be wrong, but I think that's what we (in the U.S.) would call the trunk of the car. That's what I always assume when I hear that term, based on the context I've always heard it in.

p.s. Thanks KYangel for summarizing everything. :)

I might be wrong, but I think that's what we (in the U.S.) would call the trunk of the car. That's what I always assume when I hear that term, based on the context I've always heard it in.

OHHHH I thought the boot was the thing they put on yer wheel when ya didn't pay yer tickets, LOL

I call it a trunk??? Have never heard of a boot aside from you know, the shoe or getting rid of someone "gave her the boot"

But I'm from the Deep South, and say "save the groceries" and "save the laundry" so who am I to question your meaning of boot ;)

-------------
BABY DOE,
------------
BODY CONDITION:

------------------
TESTING/ANALYSIS:

-------------

---------------
SOURCES:
-------------
Other considerations:

You're amazing! Thank you! Excellent summation as to what we know up to this point...

Just thinking about Melanie McGuire and her poor husband, Bill, who was dismembered and dumped in 3 separate suitcases which never sank and were never far, I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, from where he was dumped from the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.

Not so much Deer Island. The big complaint is that it is not gated and is a party spot. Ya, I get jealous of those cooler guys, LOL. But the cooler idea is good one. With Jeremiah Oliver, he was in a suitcase tossed of the highway, but I can imagine that Mom cooperated with the boy friend, to be safe or whatever, and maybe Mom tucked her in before throwing her off the pier.

Which brings me back to not being able to declare a COD. It was only a couple days. Yes there was bloating. Water. But I just can't find out if time, water and etc., can obliterate evidence of death to that degree in a short time.
And we know who we miss here, LOL

MOO

COD eludes us...

Watched a new episode of Snapped Sunday night. Oh, those Snapped people are something else aren't they? Killing husbands, killing wives :notgood:

This was the case of Kimberly Cargill. She murdered her babysitter, a very, very nice lady, Cherry Walker, with some disabilities, very childlike, who had been called to testify in a child custody suit regarding one of Ms. Cargill's children. Alas, Ms. Cargill was done in by a container of unopened coffee creamer from a fast food restaurant. Cargill dumped Miss Walker's body on a rural Texas highway only to be discovered by a pizza delivery driver. The body had been badly burned beyond recognition and was only identified after her father, a preacher, called in to report that his daughter had not attended church that morning. No COD on Ms. Walker. She was dead before being set on fire because no smoke was found in her lungs. Small petechial hemorrhages behind the eyes indicated she could have been choked to death, but coroner didn't say positive COD. The jury got hung up because the coroner couldn't say positively how Cherry died. Wrote in "homicidal violence."

Anyway, long story short, Ms. Walker's case worker told LE exactly who had murdered Cherry when questioned and made no bones about it. A true hero!

"State calls first witness of the day, Paula Wheeler, Cherry Walker's case worker for Community Access. Wheeler says she stopped working there because, "my client was murdered". Defense objects to that question and answer. The jury is told to disregard the last question/answer.

"Wheeler says she would work with Cherry on her goals... Simple things to function daily. Wheeler says she was working with Cheery to help her learn her phone number. She says Cherry was childlike, sweet and had a good heart. She says Cherry couldn't read and her writing was illegible. Wheeler says Cherry would carry a coin purse and a cell phone with phone numbers written down on business cards. Cherry lived on food stamps. Wheeler says sometimes Cherry would want to buy things she couldn't afford. Wheeler says she couldn't count money. Wheeler tells a story of one time when Cheery insisted she had enough money to buy $300 worth of cleaning products. Wheeler says Cherry was a very neat and clean person."

http://www.k5thehometeam.com/story/18241230/day-3

Sorry so long . Sorry so off topic except for COD not always being an easy answer to extract from a deceased body.

As always, praying for answers for Baby Doe today! :heartbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member